• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

#1 weed strain in your neck of the woods?

bigshot1990

Bluelighter
what is your most recognized bud strain in your area? everybody has that strain of bud they grew up smoken

Last edited:
at first glance I thought the word nugger was something else. I don't smoke weed but thread title is hilarious

that's whats up..ive smoked some real sour diesel about 4 years ago and never had the real deal since then. ive had lots of people try to sell me other shit using that name but clearly wasn't..that taste and smell is one of a kind. I bet the flow of the real deal is pretty prevalent there in the hometown of the sugarmomma clone

Bak in the FL panhandle theres the real GDP fruity pebbles....never had it anywhere else in the u.s.

^ I've heard of it and I don't live in the panhandle.

I changed the title. Try not to use too much slang on here since you have to realize that we all have different slang words.

sorry, no more slang. Yeh theres gdp (grand daddy purp)clones all over the u.s. ....there also a pre 98 bubba purp...as you were saying brutus...im sure its everywhere. that's just what we grew up smoking and nothing ive smoked has yet to compare to the gdp in my hometown...im probally biased because its what I love...does anybody else outthere kno what im talken about when I say the "fruitypebbles" taste...like candy ...sweet and natural

Here in the UK skunk#1 and purple haze used to be the norm street weed then lemon skunk became the big craze along with white widow and white rhino now its cheese this and cheese that nearly everywhere you go tbh in the UK if it stinks and has bag appeal people will buy it even if it isn't as good as it looks (placebo affect) I don't care what it looks like or smells like as long as it's a good high and has been cured properly which sadly is not the case with a lot of UK street weed........I have a good source for afghani#1 (private grower who takes pride in his grow) that shit gets me drooling and staring in to space for hours and has no ceiling affect whatsoever..........I get the odd bit of Thai stick off a Jamaican freind which I love but that's very rare lovely and old skool a right trip down memory lane :)

My favorite strain that I only got to get my hands on once, was some Cinderella 99 that was fully matured. That was the heaviest bud I have ever had in my life. One gram would look like a .5

Besides that, in the early 2000's there was a Pure Sativa strain going around like crazy, that stuff gave you visuals, but tasted like pure fertilizer and dirt, but damn did it work great! In my opinion it blows 50/50 hybrid strains out of the water

In NE I see a fair amount of sour diesel and sour diesel hybrids. My last three purchases have been bio-diesel, alien and a couple of days ago I picked up a half of sour diesel x silver haze cross. I used to know a grower of trainwreck which I loved but he got out of the business and I haven't seen it since. :(

Well i dont smoke anymore, but when i did im from the midwest btw, i came across of alot of skunk. Didnt really know the names always but almost everytime id say 8 times outta 10 i grabbed it was always skunky stuff. But specifically id say sour d and secondly, blue dream is really common around here.

Most popular?

idk, probably OG Kush.

I freak out when Girl Scout Cookies are available. Also, if Purple Monkey Balls is ever in the So.MD region again I will spend all of my available dollars on it. Decent weed, but the name is fucking amazing.

There's plenty of variety I guess, however Sour Diesel is quite well known & popular (works for me it's among my favorites I've known - though really I just want sativas don't care much for name)...besides that, various kush types I guess. I live in Western Massachusetts, the pioneer valley.

In detroit, Sour deisel, blueberry, strawberry cough and recently death star and blue cheese have been the big ones...

cookies as of late. jack herrer, GDP, og kush, and maybe sour deisel are pretty popular and common strains that always seem to be circulating but as of late it seems like everyone is coming out with new crosses with all types of names.

That's cool as fuck that someone mentioned Deathstar - that shit was originally bred in the OH....................Anybody ever get to smoke some Dumpster?? If you're from the Midwest, there's a good chance it may have made it's way to you at some point - although I personally haven't seen any since around 2004 or so. It was a crucial, originally bred OH strain as well - it was supposedly a 4 way cross between Afghani, Skunk #1, Northern Lights, and Blueberry - at least that's what I was told by a VERY reliable source.

I'd love to know just for a trip down memory lane as well. These days in the Midwest, I see lot's of Blue Dream, I found some LEGIT Girl Scout Cookies a bit ago, lot's of OG Kush - and even if it's not, 99% of people will SAY it's some Kush if they don't know the actual name of the strain......it's always kush this and kush that. Blah. I like some Kush, but to me it's the MOST over hyped strain, to me it's just become a term to describe good weed in general. I personally just really enjoy these new Pure Sativa's, that are nice and potent. I used to always prefer Indica's because I felt the high was way heavier and more intense - but I got sick of the Couchlock from it, so now I almost always just fuck with Sativa's if I can find them.

After being a smoker for 12+ years, I have noticed that I get some mild anxiety / paranoia the 1st time or 2 that I smoke after a few days of abstinence. I have diazepam, alprazolam, and etizolam to control that when it happens, so no worries - but it get's kind of annoying sometimes. I've smoked a blunt to myself when seeing some live music at a bar by myself, and I got so blazed, I had to sit down in a corner outside on the patio by myself and slam 2mgs of Alprazolam and a 10mg Diazepam just to stop feeling so vulnerable and uncomfortable around other Human Beings. I still love my trees tho, always will. There is absolutely something special about this plant, and it makes me smile to see the world starting to slowly accept this fact. I feel like medically speaking - I would benefit the most from the lower THC, higher CBD strains - but since I don't live in a Medical or Recreational State YET - I take what I can get and am grateful. Happy smoking friends. - Meowfish