• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! 1 month after doing acid, I still don't feel myself and I can't take it anymore

Seriously, a very unhelpful post. Its purely speculative and you speak with authority that you simply do not have. I think you should think twice before writing such things.

I've been on prozac and I've taken LSD on it. Nothing happened to me, but again that is not even relevant . There is no major link between SSRI's and post-trip weirdness, Jason7 is just making stuff up. If he posted a source that would help. If anything, the original ailment that prozac was prescribed for is probably rearing its head; combine anxiety with existential psychedelic weirdness, first year of college away from home and it is understandable that things feels out of control. There are things that can be done, such as meditation, exercise, no drugs (except meds), reading philosphy and so on. Try deep breathing exercises, they are excellent at allowing one to become centred. And ignore uninformed speculation. :) <3 You will feel better :) <3

Exactly. I have taken LSD while on prozac and I tripped extremely hard, had a ++++ experience complete with ego death, lots of OEVs and CEVs, and an out of body experience.

Orginal poster, if you want to quit prozac talk to your doctor about this. Or try a different medication. Also mention how you have taken LSD, or even a research chemical as a lot of psychedelic research chemicals are now sold as "acid" when they are not actually LSD at all, and seeing a therapist will help as well. Good luck.

Prozac and other SSRI's are not that effective compared to placebo. It's 50% compared to 40% or something like that. That's 10% they should be taking credit for, not 50.

LSD is not reliable and I am almost sure no proper data exists to make up a balance. Psilocin might actually have potential as it's known to disrupt the default mode network involved with depression. I guess comparative data for things like LSD are missing.

That said, I don't believe any SSRI is behind the reason of these problems. Flattened affect may delay reaction to experiences in some way but that is definitely not the same as causing anything in the first place.

No anecdotal evidence on SSRI's with LSD is helpful and that goes both ways. It's not associated with anything, it's just unpredictable and generally unwise.

Just thought I would mention LSD administration has been associated with decreased strength of the default mode network as well.

I personally found LSD to help me in fact find more meaning to life, when I had been borderline athiest before.

Same.

Psychedelics tend to do their work by digging skeletons out of the closet. In my opinion, if you're experiencing problems after an LSD trip, those problems aren't CAUSED by the LSD; they were always there to begin with, and the drug just helped bring it to light.

OP, look at this as a kick in the butt and a great opportunity to restructure your life to be more fulfilling and meaningful.

I see a lot of people ascribing meaning to things like HPPD/depersonalization.

There may not be a real intuitive significance that we can understand. It might just be a specific biological phenomenon, but us humans have a tendency towards finding meaning and purpose (especially in bad situations). That being said, if OP or someone in a similar situation decides to embark on a mission to stay mindful et cetera the rest of their lives after these sorts of adverse effects, then wonderful, there could certainly be a silver lining that would be important for the OP to focus on.

But I wouldn't assume there is a deep psychological meaning behind something like HPPD, it could just be excess signaling at 5-HT2A -> induction of COX-2 -> release of glutamate of astrocytes -> effects on parvalbumin expressing GABA interneurons that result in genetic changes to said neurons like decreased expression of parvalbumin.

Depending upon where one is in the timeframe of SSRI therapy, you could see increased extracellular 5-HT due to autoreceptor desensitization and SRI but at the same time still seeing a lot of 5-HT binding to 5-HT2A because 5-HT2A hasn't desensitized yet - in that scenario I would expect SSRIs to increase the likelihood of developing something like HPPD. Before the LSD, signaling at 5-HT2A would have been increased in recent days due to SRI, meaning that the SSRI's potentiation of 5-HT2A signaling LSD notwithstanding could have essentially made the parvalbumin interneurons more vulnerable.

Long term use of SSRIs however will desensitize 5-HT2A and could decrease the likelihood one would develop HPPD. Just my two cents of theory. But either way our data is horrible because HPPD is very rare.

Sounds like you need to get honest with your psychiatrist about what you've been up to and get an expert opinion. At the end of my post I'll post the diagnostic criteria for HPPD from the DSM-V. Perhaps you've seen them already, you can judge for yourself.

Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder _____________ \____________________________________________________________
Diagnostic Criteria 292.89 (F16.983)
A. Following cessation of use of a hallucinogen, the reexperiencing of one or more of the
perceptual symptoms that were experienced while intoxicated with the hallucinogen
(e.g., geometric hallucinations, false perceptions of movement in the peripheral visual
fields, flashes of color, intensified colors, trails of images of moving objects, positive
afterimages, halos around objects, macropsia and micropsia).
B. The symptoms in Criterion A cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social,
occupational, or other important areas of functioning.
C. The symptoms are not attributable to another medical condition (e.g., anatomical lesions
and infections of the brain, visual epilepsies) and are not better explained by another
mental disorder (e.g., delirium, major neurocognitive disorder, schizophrenia) or
hypnopompic hallucinations.
Diagnostic Features
The hallmark of hallucinogen persisting perception disorder is the reexperiencing, when the
individual is sober, of the perceptual disturbances that were experienced while the individual
was intoxicated with the hallucinogen (Criterion A). The symptoms may include any
perceptual perturbations, but visual disturbances tend to be predominant. Typical of the abnormal
visual perceptions are geometric hallucinations, false perceptions of movement in
the peripheral visual fields, flashes of color, intensified colors, trails of images of moving objects
(i.e., images left suspended in the path of a moving object as seen in stroboscopic photography),
perceptions of entire objects, positive afterimages (i.e., a same-colored or
complementary-colored "shadow" of an object remaining after removal of the object), halos
around objects, or misperception of images as too large (macropsia) or too small (micropsia).
Duration of the visual disturbances may be episodic or nearly continuous and must cause
clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas
of functioning (Criterion B). The disturbances may last for weeks, months, or years. Other
explanations for the disturbances (e.g., brain lesions, preexisting psychosis, seizure disorders,
migraine aura without headaches) must be ruled out (Criterion C).
Hallucinogen persisting perception disorder occurs primarily after LSD (lysergic acid
diethylamide) use, but not exclusively. There does not appear to be a strong correlation between
hallucinogen persisting perception disorder and number of occasions of hallucinogen
use, with some instances of hallucinogen persisting perception disorder occurring in
individuals with minimal exposure to hallucinogens. Some instances of hallucinogen persisting
perception disorder may be triggered by use of other substances (e.g., cannabis or
alcohol) or in adaptation to dark environments.
Associated Features Supporting Diagnosis
Reality testing remains intact in individuals with hallucinogen persisting perception disorder
(i.e., the individual is aware that the disturbance is linked to the effect of the drug).
If this is not the case, another disorder might better explain the abnormal perceptions.
Prevalence
Prevalence estimates of hallucinogen persisting perception disorder are unknown. Initial
prevalence estimates of the disorder among individuals who use hallucinogens is approximately
4.2%.

Yeah this is real late and I hope you have gotten better by now but if you’re not, you might want to hear this. After taking lsd I didn’t know who I was, I always went right back to my mental state when I was on lsd, I would lay down in my bed and have no grasp on reality, every time I looked at my friends I would wonder what they were thinking and it’s crazy to say but I always pictured myself outside my body. I experienced this for about 2 months after my trip. It finally went away after that and it did right after I was lifting weights. I was lifting until failure and then I was still going. I exerted my body to the max and then over that. Ever since I lifted like that I have felt my normal self. I don’t know how it happened but it happened. I have never taken lsd or smoked weed since. I hope this helps.