View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

1 gel tab lasting 18+ hours?

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
Anyone heard of black pyramids? A legendary variety of LSD gel tabs from the 80's and 90's that disappeared nearly two decades ago. I had heard rumors of it's reappearance on a messageboard about a year ago, and I got really excited. Well, at a grateful dead coverband show, a few friends and I acquired a hit for each of us of the legendary black pyramids. We arrived back at my house at 1 AM so I was not willing to dose. I wanted to sleep that night and hadn't gotten nearly enough sleep the previous night, so I microdosed some mushrooms and fell asleep 4 hours later. My two friends ended up leaving in the morning and I didn't hear from them until 2 days later. One of the friends has taken 10 strips before and she claims that a single hit of this stuff was the craziest experience she had ever had and lasted for somewhere around 24 hours. The acid is from a very trusted source, it's pretty much guaranteed to be real, but I wanted to ask if anyone else had encountered anything like it. Might the dose be approaching that of crystal?

Last edited:
The only thing that can 'guarantee it to be real' would be if you test it yourself with a reagent kit. I would be very dubious of it being LSD with a duration of 18-24 hours, sounds suspiciously like a DOx... are the tabs particularly large? While I've heard of megadoses of LSD, like thumbprints, lasting that long, I'd be highly suspicious of one tab lasting that long.

It's LSD alright. Sold to us by dead family who know their acid. If it weren't acid, they wouldn't be selling it. Also my friends who took it are highly experienced with real LSD and they agreed that it was the real deal. Has no taste either.

People really don't understand LSD duration.

You're not peaking for 18-24 hours, but if you have some residual effects which you will do until you've slept once or twice, that's not tripping.

Ehrlich's reagent test or it didn't happen.

Sorry, I only have one hit which I wouldn't waste even if I COULD afford a reagent, and I am broke. Got 20 bucks to my name. This is probably the best acid I'll ever take so fuck that. I'm eating it. I personally already know that it's acid and I don't need to prove anything.

People really don't understand LSD duration.

You're not peaking for 18-24 hours, but if you have some residual effects which you will do until you've slept once or twice, that's not tripping.

My friend said the peak was 3-4 hours after consumption but that she was still tripping the whole next day. With ordinary strength acid this doesn't happen to her.

Last edited:
I personally already know that it's acid and I don't need to prove anything.

You could only personally know that it's acid if you empirically know that it is acid. When the substance is producing effects that are not characteristic of LSD, and you haven't tested it, you can not personally know that it's LSD. It doesn't really matter if it was obtained from 'dead family'.

I'm not being a dick but don't come asking for advice, and for people to share their experience, and then just trust your own hunch. If I was used to my parents always slapping me on the arse for being naughty, and one day they punched me in the head, I'm not going to reason that it must have been a slap on the arse because I trust them and they always slap me on the arse.

If it is LSD, then your friend who took it is probably exaggerating about the duration, or being a bit dramatic.

You could only personally know that it's acid if you empirically know that it is acid. When the substance is producing effects that are not characteristic of LSD, and you haven't tested it, you can not personally know that it's LSD. It doesn't really matter if it was obtained from 'dead family'.

I'm not being a dick but don't come asking for advice, and for people to share their experience, and then just trust your own hunch. If I was used to my parents always slapping me on the arse for being naughty, and one day they punched me in the head, I'm not going to reason that it must have been a slap on the arse because I trust them and they always slap me on the arse.

If it is LSD, then your friend who took it is probably exaggerating about the duration, or being a bit dramatic.

The characteristics match puddle doses of LSD exactly, coming from people who have been puddled. I know it's acid not only because these people are reputable dealers and would never sell fake acid, but because they take it themselves. These people have connections with crystal. These are people with customers who have been taking acid their whole lives. If they got some new stuff and it were fake, they would immediately get complaints and switch back over. Not only that, the people selling it have probably done enough acid to get a whole city high more than once. They know what it feels like. That on top of the words of my friends who have taken it, is not simply a hunch. I also wouldn't be surprised if you were right about them being dramatic.

I didn't ask for advice on whether or not it was fake. Saying "I'm not being a dick" doesn't exempt you from being a dick.

Last edited:
You're taking "don't speak ill of the dead" way too seriously..

Anyway, what luigi said. :) Nothing personal, just gotta stay empirical ;D

You're on a harm reduction forum asking about speculation. When talking about a batch of drugs that's supposed to have such extreme effect, it's not just bitching about fake or real like a cynic, it's a concern that if something doesn't add up about the whole story... it's best clarified exactly what, lest you make a mistake you really regret.

It's way more valuable anyway than guessing whether it's 'crystal' potency or not - something that seems pretty arbitrary / vague. If all these guys are such experienced acid purists, how come they couldn't be bothered to pass along exactly how many ug are in there? Or at the very least, a ballpark range.
If it's roughly 100 ug (the supposed average), or 60 (the actual average), I can understand foregoing info that is going to be more or less assumed... but that's not the case here.

Last edited:
I apologise for misreading your post. I didn't realise you were talking about such a high dose. I have heard of the effects lasting much longer than usual at saturation doses.

It's a pretty long duration for a short peak for acid mentioned, and I can't really find people mentioning how long huge doses can take - I haven't been to quite those regions - but I do vaguely remember the duration being possibly longer with higher doses. Never quite that long though ^

Anyway, just like it's no use guessing what's in a pill (we'll leave the ID stuff alone then), it is no use guessing about the other questions... have you checked the High dose LSD appreciation thread? Just generally?

I hope you prepare well.

Someone I know who claims dead and I believe as they used to hop trains following them a while back procured red and blue pyramid shaped gel tabs about the size of a regular hit.... This person's shady as hell though and while I don't want to believe they would only have true l anyone can be fooled. They said that the gels were coming back as they were more stable, but the one red one I had was quite underwhelming so I can't say whether it was L or another compound. It definitely was nowhere near the level of another friend should dropped gummy from their vial, but that's two fat hits to one supposed hit so obviously it would be better.

If all these guys are such experienced acid purists, how come they couldn't be bothered to pass along exactly how many ug are in there? Or at the very least, a ballpark range.
If it's roughly 100 ug (the supposed average), or 60 (the actual average), I can understand foregoing info that is going to be more or less assumed... but that's not the case here.

I got ID'd and was unable to make it into the show. I was not aware the show was 21 and over so I got stuck outside in the bitter cold. We were an hour from my place by car and the trains there didn't go to my town. All my friends went in but I had to wait in the car, although we did leave early on my account. Anyway, I got my hit through my friend when they came out of the show so I was unable to directly ask about dose. I will ask next time I see the person.

I found out that one of our good friends is good friends with them as well, which is why I think we got hooked up.

I had some green gel tabs last year, they were potent as fuck. Pyramid shaped as well, just like you described. They were also a little shady. No visuals, just a crazy mind fuck for 10 hours. They weren't very acid like. Nothing legendary about them at all, just some dude decided blotters were hard to make and started producing gels.

It would be alot easier when you think about it. Since the gel is liquid at first, you could do some simple math, and voila! Super-accurate volumetric dosing.

Thing about gels is that the flavorings and sugar could easily be used to cover up a bitter chemical taste. Also I've seen lots of reports of LSD analogs having weird color crystal from an impure synthesis (black, brown, yellow). Pure speculation here, but a great way to hide the discolored crystal would be to load them into opaque gels. On blotter you could easily identify strange color.

EDIT: Just a heads up, the gels we had were somewhat inconsistent. One might put you there, but then 3 or 4 gels over you'd get one that would completely steal your face.

Last edited:
^^^^ yes eth lad was jet black on the first batch now it's grey. 1p is the whitest out of all three anaouges. Ald-52 is yellow.
But I didn't see too much discoloration on the original 150ug eth lad blotters.I mean nothing a simple print couldn't hide. But yeah I kind of got the feeling that most all the gel tabs going around right now are actually LSD analogues instead of real LSD. I mean think about it it's easy to buy in cyrstal form and sell to inexperienced users as lsd. They will probably need happy too.
Now there is real good lsd going around but I've mainly seen it on white on white.
Don't take anyones word on shit. Just because the black gels were good 10 or 20 years ago doesn't mean they are now. Different lsd different people different times.
Too me the pattern of the gel tab shouldn't matter. Because whoever made them 20 years ago is NOT there one making then now. And since there rep is notorious for being good. You could put anything in it.
But something doesn't sound right about 18 hours of duration. If you had any trouble sleeping I suspect it would be doc. There first tone I took lsd though I tripped for a solid 18 hours I guess that was a 250 ug dose?
Lastly can a gel tab even be easily tested with a Ehrlich test. Would the gel and sugar fuck up the results?
Thanks guys,
Nugz

Certified LSD makes me peak for about three to four hours and then have decent visuals and other lingering effects for another sixteen to eighteen once I get around 1500+ mcg, and the next day the normal residual distortions that can be brought back through cannabis and the like become more like mild but still actually full visuals.

So, for one tab, is it possible? Maybe. It's certainly physically possible, and probably still not even close to the most absurd thing anyone's ever made with LSD. I still personally wouldn't ever trust it without testing it first though.

It's LSD alright. Sold to us by dead family who know their acid. If it weren't acid, they wouldn't be selling it. Also my friends who took it are highly experienced with real LSD and they agreed that it was the real deal. Has no taste either.

Just because it was sold to you by wooks does not mean it's actually LSD, as there are lots of research chemicals and analogs being sold as "acid" and even wooks and so called "Dead family" members sell this stuff.

Also, high doses of LSD can last a long time.

Is the stuff you took actual LSD? There's only one way to find out and that's to test it, or send it into a lab to have it tested.

Certified LSD makes me peak for about three to four hours and then have decent visuals and other lingering effects for another sixteen to eighteen once I get around 1500+ mcg, and the next day the normal residual distortions that can be brought back through cannabis and the like become more like mild but still actually full visuals.

So, for one tab, is it possible? Maybe. It's certainly physically possible, and probably still not even close to the most absurd thing anyone's ever made with LSD. I still personally wouldn't ever trust it without testing it first though.
LSD does that to me at very high doses as well. I personally would not trust wooks or so called "Dead family", etc. as they don't know more about the acid or whatever drug it is than your average drug dealer does, and they just want you and other people to custie up and buy their product and not go to someone else.

I also personally would not take anything being sold as L these days but I got out of the BS game awhile ago when RCs first stared being sold as L, and back then if I wanted to trip I would just take mushrooms, or eat/smoke some Sativa, or a Sativa dominant hybrid. Now I'm sober and have been for awhile. Stay safe everyone.

^Are you saying I can't tell acid apart from an RC? They most likely would be nothing alike aside from hallucinations and stimulation.