Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

1/8th in one, single mushroom?

Psychonaut16

Bluelighter
Hey Bluelighters,

I recently bought an eighth of shrooms, but when I got it, I found out that it's one big mushroom. I weighed it out, and it sure enough weighs 1/8th of an ounce.

I was wondering if this enormous, chronic blue mushroom will make me trip balls?? 8o (as far as the dosage of psilocybn/psilocyn is concerned)

Much appreciated.

oh hell yeah. I too once got a one shroom 1/8 about 7 years ago and I had an absolutely amazing experience. (as I usually do with mushrooms). I'm pretty sure that *ideally* they shouldn't get so large, but if it is in fact a p cube (or whatever strain it's supposed to be) 3.5 grams should get you feeling pretty good. Be safe and have fun!

<-- Check out my picture. I think it weighed a little less than 4 grams when dried.
I only ate half and got pretty messed up:)

Larger shrooms usually have less psilocybin in them. When growing letting them get larger doesn't mean they'll have more psilocybin in them. It doesn't mean you won't trip but I would rather have a few medium sized shrooms then one large one.

True. But on the other hand, every mushroom is different. Ive eaten 2.3 grams of some crappy ones, and barely tripped, while i once ate a 1.75 gram stem and experienced ego death... i also tasted the color red :D

Well obviously their different unless they come from the same grow then the varation is minimal. Most people would think the bigger shroom is better and buy that over an 1/8 of the same batch but smaller mushrooms. When in reality the smaller mushroom 1/8 would actually contain more psilocybin.

^ Thats what I was getting at when I said I didnt think it was ideal for them to get that big, and indeed, I prefer smallish to medium sized, with the cap still attached to the stem, mushrooms with minimal bruising. It's nice to know the grower knows his/her stuff. I remember my friends when we were waaay younger getting shrooms with "gold flakes all over them! 8o" they thought it was the shit. haha. it was obviously vermiculite. But that pic looks nice man, large shroom and all. Looks like you're in for a treat. :D

Larger shrooms usually have less psilocybin in them. When growing letting them get larger doesn't mean they'll have more psilocybin in them. It doesn't mean you won't trip but I would rather have a few medium sized shrooms then one large one.

Could you provide any more information/links on this subject? I'm interested to see why such a thing would occur.

I'm on my phone so I can't link you to anything but I know theres discussion of it in multiple grow guides and a quick google would probably provide an indepth cause. As far as I know though the reasoning behind it is that the production of psilocybin occurs early on in the mushroom's growth cycle so by the time it reaches a certain point no more psilocybin is produced. Therefore letting a mushroom grow larger than that will only eat up nutrients and water that could be used to grow extra mushrooms.

I'm on my phone so I can't link you to anything but I know theres discussion of it in multiple grow guides and a quick google would probably provide an indepth cause. As far as I know though the reasoning behind it is that the production of psilocybin occurs early on in the mushroom's growth cycle so by the time it reaches a certain point no more psilocybin is produced. Therefore letting a mushroom grow larger than that will only eat up nutrients and water that could be used to grow extra mushrooms.

Interesting, thanks :)

last time I shroomed it was 1 blue mushy... tripped way too hard actually!

Tip: the point in the mushroom life cycle when it stops producing psilocybin is the point when the cap opens up from a globe into an umbrella shape. The best mushrooms are harvested right before this happens. Since that hasn't happened to the OP's mushroom yet, it's likely that it was just a really well-done grow operation that produced some massive mushies, was harvested at the correct time to maximize psilocybin content, and will almost certainly make for a very strong trip.

Oh you'll be fine man.

I used to love my mushrooms, I dosed on size not weight and I almost always went for about three times what you have there, that would be a pleasant trip, certainly nothing a beginner couldn't handle.

But, as is the way with all drugs, they effect everybody differently, start with that if you feel comfortable with it.

I hope you'll have a wonderful trip!!

Discussion of specific subjects can be done here at the Big & Dandy thread and its cute subthreads...

If you want to just go on about shroomin' just continue there. :)

I think the thing is once the veil breaks during the development of the mushroom little or no Psilocybin is made. If you have a giant Mushroom that is fully mature, versus a regular mature mushroom, they will be of similar potentcy.

But a large immature mushroom (button) vs a small one the large one is more potent.

on a side note it is entirely possible to find dried mushrooms that weigh 7-14g or more. Depending on the strain (orissa india is a well known culprit of this). I have seen a single mushroom weigh over an ounce (still mushy not dried) and the largest dry mushroom ive consumed was 7.8g. If they have a good grow operation and know what theyre doing they can grow very large shrooms without losing any real potency.