View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

0.010mg on 0.01mg scales

bennyben1970

Greenlighter
A friend is using a 0.01mg scales to measure 10mg of his fav plant feeder.
assuming the scales "round up" to the nearest figure, would the margin of error for 10mg be

Min 6mg (rounded up to 10mg)
Max 14mg (rounded down to 10mg)

Thx

You don't have to hide what you're weighing, we all know it's not plant feeder ;)

Those numbers you posted would be correct but a scale like that is nowhere near accurate enough to measure things such as 2C-x or 4-sub-T's. It'll be fine for things such as MDMA or mescaline but DO NOT use it for measuring something with a dosage of under 30mg or has a known toxicity attached to it (DMT would likely be okay).

Check this out: The Big&Dandy Scale Thread

Welcome to BL and PD :)

Oh and I'm going to assume you meant 10mg on 0.01g scales. ;) A 0.01mg scale would be quite expensive.

You don't have to hide what you're weighing, we all know it's not plant feeder ;)

Those numbers you posted would be correct but a scale like that is nowhere near accurate enough to measure things such as 2C-x or 4-sub-T's. It'll be fine for things such as MDMA or mescaline but DO NOT use it for measuring something with a dosage of under 30mg or has a known toxicity attached to it (DMT would likely be okay).

Check this out: The Big&Dandy Scale Thread

Welcome to BL and PD :)

Oh and I'm going to assume you meant 10mg on 0.01g scales. ;) A 0.01mg scale would be quite expensive.

Thanks man

indeed i did mean 10mg on 0.01g scales

Also, from a mathematics perspective; 5 gets rounded up to ten and 4 gets rounded down. The scale probably works like this.

Your best bet would be to measure out a large amount where the margin of error would be less, and then make a liquid suspension and dose from that. For example, you could make a solution of 5mg/ml. It all depends on your route of administration and how much accuracy the substance in question demands. That's why giving out as much information as possible about the compound in question in the original post is necessary ;).

I think he's talking about JWH-018. Liquid measurement won't really be an option for that one, unless a solvent is used that evaporates fairly quickly. However, you could measure out a somewhat larger amount and eyeball from there. Should be a relatively safe option for JWH-018.

Yeah, you could weigh 100mg and divide the pile which gives 50mg piles, divide one of those gives 25mg piles and so on. Not the greatest way of doing things but JWH-018 is kind of benign if I can recall correctly.

JWH-018 is kind of benign if I can recall correctly.

Not so sure about that. Certainly without tolerance anyway. It's really not one that's too pleasant if you overdo it at all. Won't kill you but you may wish it had for an hour or so :|

Having said that, I've always eyeballed it and using too much is a mistake you don't repeat so you learn to eyeball accurately quickly :D

I use the tip of a nail file myself - with no tolerance a strong dose of 018 is pretty tiny.

You can find EXTREMELY reasonably priced, decent milligram scales.

I use the Gemini 20 milligram scale; this scale cost ~40 dollars and seems to be accurate +/-2 mg. it's hard to get anything less than 5 mg to register, but it works great for 2c-x.

i'm sure for jwh-xxx you could measure out the smallest amount your scale will allow, then eyeball a lower dose from there...from what i've read, jwh-xxx is/are fairly easy to eyeball.

he he=D

I guess I should add something constructive. Too much can be quite unpleasent, but you'll be fine. With that said it's important to weigh it accurately the first several times you use it, using the same implement to dole it out. After this you can eyeball this kind a dose with no problem.

I might add titrate (spread out ) your highs, tolerance does built up over time if you use it daily as your sole source of CB1/CB2 receptor intoxication. It just stops having much of an effect except for a headache.

I love my Acculab PP2060D by the way,

Last edited:
Not so sure about that. Certainly without tolerance anyway. It's really not one that's too pleasant if you overdo it at all. Won't kill you but you may wish it had for an hour or so :|

Having said that, I've always eyeballed it and using too much is a mistake you don't repeat so you learn to eyeball accurately quickly :D

I use the tip of a nail file myself - with no tolerance a strong dose of 018 is pretty tiny.

OP, listen to he who has more experience with said compound. My thoughts were more based on chemical class (cannabinoids) than personal experience. Bad way of giving advice. :\

Liquid measurement would be pretty useless if you plan on smoking the material right?
Maybe some sort of blotter laying technique could work if you can actually do that the
correct (uniformly distributed) way then smoke blotters...

Best thing would be to get the correct scale of course, but unfortunately people are
stubborn and don't want to just stockpile their intriguing chemicals for a while. Next
best thing I can think of is first weighing out like 30 mg then eyeball-divide that further.
That way you can even out the margin of error a little since weighing single doses
depends more heavily on your inaccurate scale and eyeball-divide >>30 mg depends
more heavily on your inaccurate eye.
Next best things are not automatically good things though, remember that well.

Last edited:
Yeah, with the JWH's you'll just learn what the right amount of powder is for you with a few trials. I have no experience with pure JWH-018, but I have some JWH-073 and totally measure out my doses by eye, and it works like a charm. JWH-018 is more potent though, and can be more costly in terms of effects when you accidentally overshoot the mark. However, if you start with the tiniest amount and work your way up, titrating the dose shouldn't pose a problem.

If it's JWH-xxx, you learn to eyeball it, i don't think anyone weighs doses of it, especially if it's being smoked - it builds up in your smoking implement (like a pipe used to smoke weed builds up resin), so on a clean pipe you get less than you put in, but after a while of using the same pipe you can get baked without putting any JWH-xxx in. Everyone just learns what the right amount is and eyeballs it based on that.

If it's a 2C-X or something like that, then do liquid measurement.

You can advise to eyeball but it certainly isn't very wise.
JWH-018 and probably others can give you a totally overwhelming OD experience if you don't watch out.

Over doing JWHs is absolutely horrible, such an intense confusing trip that just seems to go on & on & on.

:(