Desperate šŸ„ŗAm I really gonna be homeless!? Is this really happening!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draven26

Bluelighter
So I donā€™t know what to do or where to go. This is difficult for me to do and Iā€™m embarrassed even sharing this with you guys! But Iā€™ve been struggling to find work even before the pandemic because I was let go from Old Navy due to shitty management saying I was too much of a worry for them because I overworked myself and they were worried about my heart. So I have some heart problems but itā€™s nothing some hard work canā€™t fix. I was at a good place in my life with being clean and working again and now Iā€™m in this place in my life where Iā€™m about to end up homeless and I have nowhere to go to.

My parents are also losing their house so I donā€™t know what they are going to do. They might be moving to Michigan to live with relatives and I donā€™t want to leave California and be an annoyance living with relatives and bothering them. I have tried doing side jobs and working from home but havenā€™t had any success with it. I have never been homeless but I can almost guarantee you I probably will relapse and end up killing my self because I will admit with certain things I can be weak minded. I can work on cars, lift heavy weights, fight anyone and everyone if they wanna gang up on me, hold my breath for almost 2 minutes thanks to my father being a navy seal.. but anyways.. the idea of me being homeless doesnt sit well with me.

Iā€™m pissed off at my boy who promised to send me some money on my cash app card and heā€™s been telling me he would and for me to come to him and then I find out from his girlfriend that he spent the money on a shit ton of weed that he doesnā€™t even want now because the weed is ā€œlow grade shitā€. The 200 bucks he offered to send me was going towards groceries and clothes and maybe a hotel for a night but I donā€™t know.. maybe this is where it all ends for a guy like me who canā€™t seem to find his way in life. I donā€™t get it. I got sober and everything and have done my part to serve others and try to be a decent Christian but this world has just rejected me and whatever skills I have I guess are just no good so I guess maybe thereā€™s no use for me after all? Really God? Good looking out Father.. I appreciate this gift you have left me.

I never even asked my friend for help and itā€™s always awkward asking friends for money because I was taught to never borrow money from friends. Iā€™ve always helped my friends out with money when I had it because thatā€™s just me personally! I am happiest when I see others who are well fed and well kept and smiling. I donā€™t know.. I mean I can have a temper at times but Iā€™ve always had a big heart and the jacked up part is my boy owes me $400 and he couldnā€™t even help me out with $200 or even $20 bucks because he just had to buy all that weed he deemed low quality so itā€™s not even gonna get smoked.. fuck this is my life now.. am I gonna end my life soon? Fuck I hope not!

Please donā€™t call the cops you guys! Iā€™m willing to talk instead if you guys have any financial advice or tips on how I can find work to support myself! Iā€™m gonna go cry myself to sleep because my mind canā€™t stop thinking about food and Iā€™ve been starving for a while it seems šŸ˜©šŸ˜”

Danny is my real name if anyone cares.. love you all! I pray the rest of you ladies and gents are doing good and are taken care of! Iā€™ll try to tough it out for tonight and I guess figure out a way to check my messages if my phone doesnā€™t work. (( donā€™t have a charger and definitely donā€™t have the money to buy one atm so šŸ˜• )) anyways goodnight yā€™all.. sleep sweet love you! šŸ™

Last edited by a moderator:
So I donā€™t know what to do or where to go. This is difficult for me to do and Iā€™m embarrassed even sharing this with you guys! But Iā€™ve been struggling to find work even before the pandemic because I was let go from Old Navy due to shitty management saying I was too much of a worry for them because I overworked myself and they were worried about my heart. So I have some heart problems but itā€™s nothing some hard work canā€™t fix. I was at a good place in my life with being clean and working again and now Iā€™m in this place in my life where Iā€™m about to end up homeless and I have nowhere to go to.

My parents are also losing their house so I donā€™t know what they are going to do. They might be moving to Michigan to live with relatives and I donā€™t want to leave California and be an annoyance living with relatives and bothering them. I have tried doing side jobs and working from home but havenā€™t had any success with it. I have never been homeless but I can almost guarantee you I probably will relapse and end up killing my self because I will admit with certain things I can be weak minded. I can work on cars, lift heavy weights, fight anyone and everyone if they wanna gang up on me, hold my breath for almost 2 minutes thanks to my father being a navy seal.. but anyways.. the idea of me being homeless doesnt sit well with me.

Iā€™m pissed off at my boy who promised to send me some money on my cash app card and heā€™s been telling me he would and for me to come to him and then I find out from his girlfriend that he spent the money on a shit ton of weed that he doesnā€™t even want now because the weed is ā€œlow grade shitā€. The 200 bucks he offered to send me was going towards groceries and clothes and maybe a hotel for a night but I donā€™t know.. maybe this is where it all ends for a guy like me who canā€™t seem to find his way in life. I donā€™t get it. I got sober and everything and have done my part to serve others and try to be a decent Christian but this world has just rejected me and whatever skills I have I guess are just no good so I guess maybe thereā€™s no use for me after all? Really God? Good looking out Father.. I appreciate this gift you have left me.

I never even asked my friend for help and itā€™s always awkward asking friends for money because I was taught to never borrow money from friends. Iā€™ve always helped my friends out with money when I had it because thatā€™s just me personally! I am happiest when I see others who are well fed and well kept and smiling. I donā€™t know.. I mean I can have a temper at times but Iā€™ve always had a big heart and the jacked up part is my boy owes me $400 and he couldnā€™t even help me out with $200 or even $20 bucks because he just had to buy all that weed he deemed low quality so itā€™s not even gonna get smoked.. fuck this is my life now.. am I gonna end my life soon? Fuck I hope not!

Please donā€™t call the cops you guys! Iā€™m willing to talk instead if you guys have any financial advice or tips on how I can find work to support myself! Iā€™m gonna go cry myself to sleep because my mind canā€™t stop thinking about food and Iā€™ve been starving for a while it seems šŸ˜©šŸ˜”

619-792-7908 Danny is my real name if anyone cares.. love you all! I pray the rest of you ladies and gents are doing good and are taken care of! Iā€™ll try to tough it out for tonight and I guess figure out a way to check my messages if my phone doesnā€™t work. (( donā€™t have a charger and definitely donā€™t have the money to buy one atm so šŸ˜• )) anyways goodnight yā€™all.. sleep sweet love you! šŸ™
have u exhausted all of your resources yet? Don't give up man, there's always something you can do. Just keep on trying

Hey brother,

Might I suggest a change of scenery? It costs money you donā€™t currently have but California is a costly, soul sucking place to live. Thereā€™s other much better parts of the country that will give you a fresh start at a much better life.

Youā€™ll also be amazed at how cheap rent can be in certain places so long as you can find work, and I can promise you will.

Again I know thatā€™s still far from achievable right now but could be the light at the end of the tunnel if you can come across some loot to get out of there. Iā€™d probably be dead by now if I lived in Cali personally.

-GC

Danny is my real name if anyone cares.. love you all! I pray the rest of you ladies and gents are doing good and are taken care of! Iā€™ll try to tough it out for tonight and I guess figure out a way to check my messages if my phone doesnā€™t work. (( donā€™t have a charger and definitely donā€™t have the money to buy one atm so šŸ˜• )) anyways goodnight yā€™all.. sleep sweet love you! šŸ™

Hey brother, if you gotta couch surf with relatives for a bit, do it. Don't be ashamed to ask for help when you need it. Being homeless is the least ideal option here. So exhaust all avenues, stay with family/friends if needed, keep looking for work and I promise things will work out. Dont be afraid to reach out for support.

Stay up buddy

Hey brother, if you gotta couch surf with relatives for a bit, do it. Don't be ashamed to ask for help when you need it. Being homeless is the least ideal option here. So exhaust all avenues, stay with family/friends if needed, keep looking for work and I promise things will work out. Dont be afraid to reach out for support.

Stay up buddy
Yeah it looks like Iā€™m not gonna be able to stay with the relatives and I donā€™t even know if my parents are going to be able to do that. They are talking about divorce and Iā€™m just fucked up over that and about my car being stolen last night. Fucking piece of shit if I find the person Iā€™m killing them cuz I got nothing to lose. I could of slept in my car but now that option is gone. Iā€™m trying to stay strong you guys i swear. Iā€™m trying to look on the bright side. I know sometimes these things just happen but I just donā€™t know what I did to deserve all this.. I donā€™t know it just sucks and I donā€™t like to be the one who needs help. Iā€™m the one that likes helping others and enjoy it but being vulnerable sucks you know? I feel like Iā€™m bothering everyone and sounding needy

Suicide could be the best day of my life? Hmm.. yeah I guess you are right. I mean that is probably why I already left my parents a note and getting ready to make that decision I just feel something holding me back. Itā€™s easy thinking about leaving this world and not having to worry about any of my problems.. but I donā€™t want everyone else to deal with the aftermath. I want my body thrown into the ocean so the sharks can feast on my flesh and that way my parents donā€™t have to stress about the funeral arrangements going through the same thing i am and probably gonna end up homeless as well. Fuck this whole thing is too much for me right now and this very second Iā€™m just waiting for my boy to send me something on my cash app so I can eat because i canā€™t take the hunger anymore and j really donā€™t like my way of thinking right now because my mind is telling me to go prostitute my ass for some money and relapse just to have meth on hand so I donā€™t think about food as much. Yeah this homelessness ainā€™t for me.. I might just get it over with and pull the trigger I donā€™t know you guys I really donā€™t know..

I'm not trying to seem insensitive, I'm really not, but I'm going to give it to you straight because I have been homeless and I have been where you're at and at this point you need some realistic advice.

First, it is illegal for your boss to fire you for a heart condition, so you may want to contact whoever runs the labor board in your area.

There are jobs to be had, where are you living? If you live near any somewhat of a large city there will be fast food jobs, restaurants that will hire anyone, literally anyone are Dennys and Waffle House. Even fresh out of prison. Temp agencies will take almost anyone. What are you good at? Advertise yourself on Facebook and Craigslist. You're a good looking man, be a hobosexual or a stripper.

You don't even know if your parents are going to be able to put you up? Because they're getting a divorce? They would have been my first call.

If you're feeling suicidal, you need to get to an emergency room immediately.

Being homeless sucks, but it can be done. I did it as a terrified, single attractive woman. I had a target on my back 24/7. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything. That experience made me tough, it made me a fighter. The world was eating me alive. I needed that lesson.. There has not been anyone I have gone up against since that has gotten the better of me, I fight for blood and I fight for life.

There are soup kitchens and food pantries that can help you find food. Not one of my proudest moments, but I have been there.

You will make it through this. You have to stop freaking out and get your head clear and figure out your next move.

Start calling shelters, get a tent and some belongings together in a backpack and figure out what you have to do.

Touch base with your parents
work as a team, easier as three than one to put together a meal!
have you stopped by the church? Always a good place to pray, meditate, and rest. As said above Calf is Very expensive, and millions out of work right now!! Yes it is a wonderful state, great weather, the beach, legal Weed blambla,bla? But very $$$$$

Yep.. fight Draven. Life gets hairball at times and I don't see you folding under such circumstances. you can figure this out. Shit first time up against it.. you will do fine!! calm down and stick with blood. Shit might take a min to get sorted out, but check into organizations that do the good work to help out in times like these and then consider lending them a hand eventually, when you can.

Sorry for sounding like such a bitch everyone. I appreciate all the advice and I mean that so thank you all.. Take care..

Sorry for sounding like such a bitch everyone. I appreciate all the advice and I mean that so thank you all.. Take care..

Nah bro this is the process man, it sucks to feel weak. I've felt inferior my whole life personally, about many various things. But damn straight I know what's right and I am generous with my love, my food, my drugs, my home, my money. So ya know damn sure I'm not gonna be shy when it's someone elses turn to help my ass out.

Haven't experienced true homelessness, but what LA is saying is legit. Had a friend from grade school with a homeless dad, my dad let him stay over occasionally. Friends dad still homeless livin in tent in the woods to this day. My "friend" is now pretty much in and out of jail, his meth binges go for days and he gets very psychotic, paranoid, aggressive. I gave this mfer a place to stay for literally a night and it was a huge mistake because he doesn't get shit.

I barely consider him a friend now that I've recently learned how physically abusive and psychotic he was to his gf at the time that I still keep in touch with. But shit like this doesn't have to happen. This kid can't take the first fucking step. I have faith that you can, but YOU gots to be the one to do it. You are not being a bitch bro, this attitude has killed many good men before us. You are among friends and we will do what we can, but it's only so much we can.

@LadyAlkaline advice will help you in the long term, get that game plan ironed out. Please reach out to me if you need anything at all in the short term.

Been there done that you will get through it and it will make you into a stronger person you need to find somewhere to apply for emergency housing, hostel things like that being homeless really does make you appreciate the little things I got kicked out of my hostel and had to stay at a hotel for drug addict it was free but.. I would rather be on the street their were hundreds of things but the third day i had a fit when I realised the bed I was sleeping in was full of blood sucking bugs fleas are bad enough but man when I returned to my grandma's I told her to get a blanket in a clean bag I took all my clothes off got her to how's me down then went inside to have a bath, after burning my clothes

How are you doing right this second, Danny? Their are lots of places to help people like you I was amazed when I was homeless at how much help you can actually get..

How are you doing right this second, Danny? Their are lots of places to help people like you I was amazed when I was homeless at how much help you can actually get..

Well letā€™s see.. I saved this lady today from a burgler. Weā€™ve been getting a lot of those lately cuz some dude broke into the next door neighborā€™s car two days ago and jacked a bunch of their shit in the car oh and it was probably the same piece of shit that stole my car but I donā€™t wanna get into that because that subject gets me agitated and lately i feel like exploding and going on a full blown killing spree which doesnā€™t sound like a bad idea but right now besides food more than anything I just want a new pair of shoes. I had my Doc Martens for well over 10 years beautiful pair wore them through some of the most craziest wildest nights/punk rock concerts/metal concerts/alley way fights/bar fights/running from the law/in LA when I accidentally bumped into the cast of twilight I didnā€™t even know what it was it was when the movie first came out and I hadnā€™t heard about no vampires that sparkle but it was a random ass day turned out pretty cool actually but no back to my story..

I was walking with my friend in the neighborhood yes with our masks on of course and I see this sketchy dude running out with two guitars and immediately ran after him when I see the lady saying ā€œhey stole my sonā€™s guitar thatā€™s my sons guitar heā€™s a broke into my houseā€ so I tackle the dude he didnā€™t get pretty far but the fucker somehow managed to grab the knife in his pocket and stab me in the arm and lower back pretty fucking close to the kidneys but I bashed his face in pretty good and now Iā€™m dealing with that mess. I donā€™t care what you guys say. The cops called me a hero and I told them Iā€™m not. I still beat the guy pretty bad so it doesnā€™t make me a hero Iā€™m just as bad as he is even though my intentions were different. I donā€™t know.

When you think of a hero you think of someone who you look up to right? Well the lady was nice and all and she thanked me for getting her son the guitar back from the theif but she had to make a comment about my shoes. The soles are ripped from the front so they talk and I swear they didnā€™t rip until I ran after the guy or maybe I hadnā€™t noticed how bad they were. I know she isnā€™t aware of how her comment hurt me but basically she said she would invite me inside for a drink but her husband isnā€™t okay with letting in any homeless people inside and thatā€™s when it hit me that I am homeless and it felt more real than anything else and thatā€™s the only thing thatā€™s been really fucking with my head. Money is just paper.. but you gotta remember how the world views these things. Cuz unfortunately if you donā€™t have money and you are a broke fool like me who canā€™t afford nice clothes.. you arenā€™t going to attract anyone. You are just gonna end up alone. Maybe Iā€™m still a good looking guy to some. But to me.. Iā€™m so far gone Iā€™m actually starting to believe the voices in my head telling me to pull that trigger just to save myself from being embarrassed in the future. I mean shit even the other homeless peeps out here have more clothes than me! I got nothing! And how is it that I have nothing now being sober.. but when I was using meth it seemed I had better skin, a job, I was popular, and felt more alive?! Maybe for me thereā€™s just no hope *shrugs*

You got an insane amount of stuff going on, friend.

Do you have any health insurance? Someone to talk to - in person?

That's a lot of stuff to process.

There's always one constant in life, the Earth keeps spinning and the sun will rise every day. So no matter how difficult things are now, they will get better. Don't ever give up the good fight - the fight for survival.

Status
Not open for further replies.