• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

My point is that if you have terminal cancer the hopital or the doctors will alredy prescribe you opiates even stronger and more effective than heroin. When you are dying it's unlikely for a person to have all the energy to live in search of dope when he or she could have it in bed.

Terminal cancer from my experience makes you weak, lethargic and ill. I can't imagine a person in that state pursuing heroin in the streets. But I do understand and completely agree with the analogy. Of course. I was simply looking at the practicality of the actiion itself, that's all.

No, opiates were designed as pain killers, to use them to get high was not part of their design, it's what we Doc's call side effects

I don't see any point stopping if you will suffer from depression and sadness for 1 year. Maybe only if you are in coma for 1 year and don't need to feel it, other way is to commit suicide, or just stay on methadone rest of life. At least I would do so. I would never in any fucking way would be in total depression and sadness for 1 whole year, rather commit suicide, what would I do in that 1 year? I can't do any work, I can't sleep for 24 h, I cant exercise, I couldn't do any fucking think If I were in depression. But in Turkey I heard they put you to sleep for 1 month for heroin wds if you pay 10000 dollars, maybe thats enough for heroin, so the depression goes away. Well you can always use some other drugs to get rid of depression.

Maybe weekly ketamine dosing would help like they are treating depression i some good countries? One ketamine shot will treat you're derpession for 2 weeks, it must work with opioid PAWS too.
I stopped because I couldn't have it anymore. Not only because I was totally dependant on doctors and routines, couldn't travel when I wanted. It was more due to the side effects like sweating, digestion problems. My hormones were all messed up. I was not well, there was no future for me.

Like I said, it was good for a couple of years to disconnect me from my previous world and contacts. To be able to live a 'normal' life. But tolerance makes us want a little more. Shouldn't have increased as time went by, and not waited for almost 8 years to stop. Other people may find it easier to quit. I am fine now. Not nearly as bad as I was before.
Any addict can quit and have the desire to quit

Absolutely! Good and bad things will happen but you'll be alive and well. Quite rewarded actually and knowing that you can actually do so much more than you think.

When I first tried heroin I was only 18. I caught my ex-boyfriend, who was 22 at the time, bringing the dope into our apartment after he was forced to confess to my skeptism without any other explanation as to why him and his brother were both uncontrollably nodding off after coming home from a supposed "failed attempt" to score some Xanax or Lortab that I was so anxiously waiting on. (By the way, he had mentioned to me before that he had done heroin in the past but that habit was left behind when he moved away from Houston where he was from.) Without hesitation I demanded that he share with me. Fearing that I would rat him out to his older brother for telling me they had heroin my ex-boyfriend cooked me up my first hit and popped my intravenous drug cherry and that gave me my first taste. Although I had my fair share of experimentation with pills and mildly some physcedelics, I was a loyal marijuana smoker. Being the audacious little lady I was, I made that decision that day in the most reckless of ways. I don't recall having one thought about what I was doing at the time and all of the times I scoffed "Well, I'll NEVER shoot up drugs" never even made a glimmer of an appearance in my mind. Of course I fell in love with that perfect high that just wraps me in a warm blanket of euphoria. He told me to count to eight and without a second to spare a slight wave of heat went over me and my shoulders dropped and relaxed down to a level I didn't even know a person could relax at. I calmly smiled and heard my blood flowing through my head in my ears. I'm 23 now and I've done heroin off and on ever since. What has it done for me? Well other than the quick calming rush I get after I inject, it took the life right out of my body, it extinguished the twinkle in my eyes. It came into my life and took over everything. My personality, my thoughts, my time and destroyed my love for anything at all including myself. Not to mention the disgusting track marks that trail perfectly up my hands and arms like invasive vines quickly working their way to devour what was once a beautiful piece of architecture. If constantly remembering to keep your hands and arms at an angle that hides your shameful scars isn't tiring enough for you, I'm sure that frustrating desperation of searching your body for a vein you haven't polluted to it's collapse with your persistent needle diving will suffice. Oh, and fear not, the bruises will demand their attention all on their own, and they only take about 10 to 14 days to disappear while they take their time transforming through an array of colors along the way. I wish I could go back and just make the cooler decision to pass up on the opportunity to try it. I'm not even going to discuss the withdrawals. Just know that when you hear someone tell you, you feel like you're gonna die, they are not exaggerating. Eventually, no one believes you when you say you wanna quit, and mostly everyone gives up on you once they watch the drug take you in it's grip. I guess there's only so much you can do for a heroin user. I would know the feeling of being on the otherside, I watched my mother in her addiction my entire life. Still to this day I've never been chosen over heroin by her. I've had to bring her back from multiple overdoses with Narcan and she might have saved me from drowning in a bowl of lucky charms a time or two. Funny how I chose the thing that destroyed someone I should love the most. If you are ever asking yourself, "Should I try heroin?" Just take a little extra time before you settle and really think about that reality. Think about yourself feeling stuck, in despair, at a low you didn't think was possible. Think about doing things you don't want to do, but you don't know how to stop. It's not that fun, it really isn't all that it is said to be. Until next time friends! Thanks for the vent. Enjoy your day and I'll be riding my wave. Battling my addiction, in love with my affliction. :)

Unfortunately a lot of people think about the wonders of this drug instead of trusting those who is now going through hell.

I think 'these people' are pretty naive by wishing to become a part of this selected group. I can clearly see how Heroin is being romanticized- too much sometimes. To the point people want to take a part of this tragedy without really understanding that it is actually pretty bad and often worst than they had originally thought of.

Unfortunately a lot of people think about the wonders of this drug instead of trusting those who is now going through hell.

I think 'these people' are pretty naive by wishing to become a part of this selected group. I can clearly see how Heroin is being romanticized- too much sometimes. To the point people want to take a part of this tragedy without really understanding that it is actually pretty bad and often worst than they had originally thought of.
I wondered into H in my IV meth days, for the comedown of course. My wife has described what I look like on H as 'pale and sickly' if that says what H does to your body.

I remember once seeing this one guy who use to sterilize his needles with fire, and as a result every shot left him a black mark. Now, try to imagine all the different spots during a lifetime of intense addiction. I guess it was for him the worst tattoos ever, the worst remembrance of his bad years. I met this person in one of these NA meetings few years ago, he was sober for years but still had to hide his marks not only for job interviews but from life and judgment. That image is stuck in my mind ever since.

Any addict can quit and have the desire to quit

Well I quit opioids (never done shit like heroin, only good golden opium what is the only good opioid, you dont mock it) 7 months ago, still chipping tho. You know. I dont have depression anymore, so no need for opioids other than just cleaning my apartment.

I need to say to here, I never have tried heroin, I have had access to it, but I never in my 15 year drug career have I thought about using heroin or doing drugs IV. I have plugged thats very strong like IV, amphetamine will work in 5 sec that way, but Ive moved back to eating, dextroamphetamine has 100% bioactivity so no need to snort, it will only last less.

I've used opium daily for many years and I loved it, I might move back using it if have supply. I didn't lose anything, had wife, work, expensive computer and tv (oled), my use cost 150 dollars per month.

While reading all this heroin shit it makes me realize heroin is totally other level than opium, they never had should synthesize heroine from opium. Opium is thing to respect and to take care off, also it can eat you alive if you are not careful.

We really need get back the opium dents and get rid of heroin (except for terminal ill cancer patients)

Like I said before I would try heroin only if I'm 100% I will die soon. Being heroin addict is the worst thing that can happen to people its just awful.

By the time I tried heroin (snorting) I had done several opioids that were stronger. I call it "user friendly morphine" because honestly I wasn't as impressed with it as I was with an equivalent dose of morphine itself. That begin said heroin becomes a problem because of availability. Unlike pills and other opioids that come around once or twice a month in quantity and quickly sell out or cost some ridiculous price instead of begin dirt cheap like they were when I started heroin is always cheap and available. At first this is great because you're spending half or less of what you were to sustain a healthy habit. Eventually this catches up and you tend to equal out or start spending more no matter what ROA you use, it just happens quicker with people that use needles in addition to adding a stronger desire to chase the rush.

I ended up getting clean but coming back in an off again on again affair with opioids. I am dependent on them for pain and my body has never felt right since that decade of heavy use. I now maintain on a regime of low-dose methadone taken every other day to manage pain/bowl symptoms with lope in between those doses (2-4mg). This allows me to work without my knees screaming constantly or running to the bathroom 5 times a shift. My only issue is that I feel trapped with methadone now even at this low dose and begin I can't enroll in the program myself (company I work for would fire me on the spot) I have to depend on someone that goes themselves. I buy two of their take homes every two weeks and dose myself out of that. If they ever get booted out of the program or choose to taper off/get fully clean then I'm fucked. I'm hoping to take care of this in private with a doctor once I have health insurance in a few months but so far I've had no luck with that. No one wants to treat an addict.

I can relate to that. Feeling pain is cruel, and it makes us so moody. I have had my life with methadone and couldn't bear depending on different doctors, not to mention the life after. But in a way we all get used to it somehow. But you are right no one needs to treat an addict. We are predictable sometimes.

I can relate to that. Feeling pain is cruel, and it makes us so moody. I have had my life with methadone and couldn't bear depending on different doctors, not to mention the life after. But in a way we all get used to it somehow. But you are right no one needs to treat an addict. We are predictable sometimes.

Indeed, they want you to be honest until you name off every opioid/benzo in the book then they gawk at you and tell you to look elsewhere. I'd love to live a life fully clean of drugs but it just isn't an option for me anymore. Working hard labor while on opioids caused me to tear out a knee. I would have probably done it anyway but not begin able to feel how badly it hurt contributed as I just upped the dose of oxy and kept on going. By the time I knew I had a serious problem it was days later and weeks until I go to a doctor who couldn't believe that I was walking. Now it's 5 years later and I'm still having to plan my entire life around that injury and what I need to manage it. Thankfully I'll have health insurance soon so hopefully I'll get treated differently when I start going to a doctor on the regular again.

I'd enroll in NA/methadone or a sub program today if it wouldn't cost me my job. I ended up working for a company that is really strict. I love my work and my record was totally clean so I got hired on but if they ever find out that I am

-currently using an opioid
-begin treated for addiction

Then I'm gone on the spot. I understand where they are coming from too considering on any given night the lives of 200-1,000 people are in my hands. Even 5-10mg of methadone makes me feel cloudy hence why I keep the dose low and only take it every other day. I always dose hours before my shifts too since the pain killing aspect out lasts the feel good by a long shot. I just want off the stuff for good and I'm hopeful that at some point in my life I'll be able to manage this pain without the help of opioids. Until I get a knee replacement this is my life though.

I've been bedridden for 3 days now because I decided to use heroin 5 years ago, and go with it.

I'm trying my best to taper off but it is really challenging. I was using around 2 or 300mg a day of good fuckin raw dope... nice afghan vinegar smelling stuff and #4.

So, I went from that immediately to 60mg a day and now 40mg a day. At first I dosed 20mg every 8 hours and it was hell because I'm used to compulsive dosing every 2 to 3 hours. Now I am moving to every 12 hours because that will be much better for me. It's one step closer to be able to go 24 hours without dope and not experience too much discomfort. I hope I do not puke, dry heave, or shit my pants today like I did when I tried cold turkey (that just was't going to work).

I have a lot of hope this time. This is the third day, why turn back now?

You see, I have so many priorities in life and I can't really afford to waste days like this. It needs to stop. On heroin, I am the ideal version of myself in every way (except for the constipation and sex drive issues). The problem is that when I run out, it is so much fuckin agony that I can't get out of bed. Nothing gives me pleasure for at least ten days due to anhedonia, and trust me, that's a LOT longer than reading a sentence makes it out to be. Suffering that long and then it's still not over at this point. My addiction has progressed to the point that I will be physical sick for at least 2 weeks, more like a month. And after that, it's even worse. You think it's over and then the extreme cravings come, the panic attacks that are immune to benzos, the hardcore insomnia that is so bad it can lead to psychotic symptoms. That's when I broke down last time so I'm trying to go a lot slower this time. I'd rather stay on a lower dose for a long time, than reduce my dose, freak out, and have a total relapse like I did last November. Ever since I've been using raw. I have taken 3 days off with no opiates in that time, actually in the last 5 years it has literally been 3 days without them - but I get sick all the time due to tolerance. I can take like 6 percocets and it's not satisfying at all. Before I did H, I was good with 1 percocet and 10mg oxy would have me flying. Recently, I went through over a gram of oxycodone in 5 days. After trying heroin, which has different effects it's more relaxing, no amount of oxy will satisfy me and I used to love oxy. Same goes for dilaudid although I definitely prefer that one.

So many people end up like this. Can you take 2 weeks off work just to fuckin suffer? No, the world doesn't work that way. And you will always run out at some point.

I guess some people think they won't get addicted but fact of the matter is if you are thinking of trying it you probably have some sort of demons you are trying to escape from. You are likely already ridden with problems and this is the precise candidate for an addict. Also, it took me 18 months to develop severe withdrawals. Of daily hardcore use. It doesn't happen overnight. I hear people tell me they are functional heroin addict but then they say "even after so many months..." and I just smile and nod. Yeah. 6 months in of daily hardcore use of oxy, dilaudid, small bumps of H (my first gram lasted me 6 months), and smoking opium, I still only had 3 days of withdrawal which wasn't bad at all. I could make it to class for example, I wouldn't throw off every priority because I was too sick. People would notice like a girl asked what's wrong with me, something looks wrong. I had been on a 3 week dilaudid binge over the holidays sniffing 32mg a day (I always get good drugs for the holidays lol) and when I came off that, all that happened was I kicked my legs like a fish out of water and rolled around in bed each night for 3 nights. Then during the days I looked like death. It was fuckin nothing, a joke of a withdrawal.

When I want to quit these days it's means a commitment to a month of suffering where I'll pretty much be living to see the next day. After that, it gets even worse and I become severely mentally ill. Seriously why risk it. I look back at who I used to be, a simple pothead growing my dope before I injured my spine and it wasn't enough anymore. Almost brings me to tears. I lost my house, my engineering job and possibly even my career at this point, my car, my girlfriend... I have nothing left. I live in a basement day after day after day alone. It is a miserable life and I'm doing my best to quit. I didn't even realize what I was getting into and I've never used a needle either which is the reason I've never overdosed (luckily) and I'm still alive. So, if you are "just" sniffing heroin don't think you're any better.

today is my 3rd day of using 60mg heroin daily. 20mg every 8 hours. Today, I am trying 20mg every 12 hours. It HAS to stop I am destroying my life and I want money, a career which I deserve with all my education (it doesn't discriminate, if you end up liking the high, you are going to want to do it again, and you'll be fucked). If you're a downer drug person and don't have trouble controlling cocaine or MDMA, that's a big red flag. it means you probably prefer these types of drugs... it's a chill drug, I'd almost compare it to weed if it didn't cause so many fuckin problems years down the road.

I wish I had quit after a year or 2, when the withdrawals were bearable. They still are, I can take the pain, but the first 10 days to 2 weeks are a total write off for me at this point. I don't use subs or methadone, I'm not interested just yet. If you have self control, it doesn't matter what drug you taper with. So I am tapering down with heroin itself. My supply is really consistent in potency which makes this possible.

Anyone suffering from this I feel for you, even the people in life I fucking despise and did horrible things to me, I would NEVER wish this on them. It is something nobody deserves to experience. Be smarter than I was and seriously never try it. The high isn't even that good (well, to me it is because it treats my chronic pain, BPD, panic attacks and social anxiety, ADHD)... it treats everything that's wrong with me so I consider it the perfect high as I'm a functional addict. However, there always come times when I can't get it or I don't have the money and I'm not one to rob or steal so I just suffer through it. The withdrawal is so bad to me that I actually lose the will and desire to get more heroin because I'm too sick to get out of bed. Getting a glass of water becomes a challenge.

Just be smarter than me and regardless of who you are, never try it. If you really need something for your pain, stick to oxycodone or hydromorphone and don't ever IV. I have never iv'd before and that's why I still even have a chance to get better. I truly believe that IV use is the nail on the coffin of an opiate user. I'll NEVER do it. I even have needles around because of course I've been tempted but every single time I choose to be sick over doing that fucking self mutilation. Just thing of your fragile veins. Just the fact that I have considered doing that to myself to avoid withdrawal is completely fucked. Do you think I was thinking about that 5 years ago when 2.5 mg oxy (half a fucking percocet) got me higher than sniffing 20mg of really good heroin does today? Tolerance ruins this drug and so does prohibition. Since you are new and inexperienced, you'll probably end up with some fentanyl analog and not even experience real heroin. I have to throw in the garbage over half of what I get because of that bullshit but I only know good dope because I have 5 years experience and it wasn't so prevalent back then for these fuckers to put fent and shit in their dope. So chances are, you won't even be getting real heroin.

I think I've made my point, but I feel like people coming here have already made up their mind for the most part. I was the same. I read all about heroin on blue light before I used it and ignored all the warning signs, justifying it by my chronic spinal pain. Well, these days I'd gladly take the pain over this fucking garbage of a life. I literally threw everything away and eventually after a few years started spending tens of thousands of dollars a year on opiates. The one thing I am proud of is I resisted the temptation to inject my drugs. I have always sniffed heroin and it isn't much different from sniffing a nice OC 40 or 80 (in Canada), or taking one or two roxicodone if you are in America but those are becoming increasingly counterfeited! Honestly fuck all of this shit. Seriously think about what you are doing. A lot of people DIE, and few people every get better. The recovery rate is abysmal. And don't think you are better than everyone and won't be that one who gets hooked. I don't care who you are it's ALWAYS a risk, so take that into account and also that the high isn't even really that great. I mean, I love the stuff, but it took me a while to really appreciate it. There's nothing better than getting a hit when you're sick... but you have to get addicted to experience that. At first it was wonderful too, but then once you realized you had been fucking yourselfthe whole time, those memories are nots pleasant anymore and are replaced with straight up regret. And this is coming from someone who is treating several mental health issues and also severe chronic pain in my spine for someone as young as me that I've had for 8 years now. I still regret it. If I was "normal" without problems, wow I'd feel like a fuckin dumbass getting into this shit and that happens all the time. People throw their lives away.

I'm going to quit this time. I need support because when I need to pick up more to keep tapering, there is a chance I could fiend it. I'm getting really small amounts of the drug to try and deter that, and also waiting until I am deeper into the withdrawal process. Today is day 3 and it's honestly not THAT bad yet. Although, I took 20mg etizolam haha so my muscles don't hurt so much, and some amphetamine so I have the energy to get out of bed periodically and amphetamine truly does help with withdrawal especially not cold turkey withdrawal but like tapering withdrawal or when you are deeper into the process and not as completely sick out of your mind. I'm not puking, dry heaving, and shitting my pants for days on end and then too sick and weak to shower after ever again so FUCK cold turkey, that's just me. As soon as I have the opportunity to fix I race out and fiend the stuff if I've been in cold turkey for a while. This way, I'm stilll making progress, but I'm still periodically getting a hit. My dosage drop was approximate an abrupt 75% and that's why I'm feeling so shitty. Please wish me luck today is going to be a huge struggle and tomorrow and the next day as well.

Also, you build tolerance really quickly to the respiratory depression of heroin as a self-protection mechanism. New users are very susceptible to overdose, moreso than addicts in my opinion. A lot of people in life have died from their first sniff of this stuff. Hopefully someone will avoid the same dismal fate.

You should try to rest and avoid taking anything other than trying to taper, eating light and be healthy.
It seems you are packed with energy imo.

My point is that if you have terminal cancer the hopital or the doctors will alredy prescribe you opiates even stronger and more effective than heroin. When you are dying it's unlikely for a person to have all the energy to live in search of dope when he or she could have it in bed.

Terminal cancer from my experience makes you weak, lethargic and ill. I can't imagine a person in that state pursuing heroin in the streets. But I do understand and completely agree with the analogy. Of course. I was simply looking at the practicality of the actiion itself, that's all.

You would think terminal cancer patients get good drug but my grandama has sTage 4 pancreatic cancer. All she's gotten is tramadol. It's ridiculous because she's in too much pain to get out of bed.

^I'm really sorry to hear that.

I'd literally sue a doctor if all I had was Tramadol. I'm serious.
If I'm dying I want to go down with dignity.

Last edited:
i have tried approx 56 recreational drugs in my life time. Never have bought any of them and some very novelty. I know exactly how each and every drug iv consumed works from ROA, to half life, to LD50. Agree with me or not, iv found heroin to be the best for my depression in the start and the worst in ruining my life slowly. It feels like the worst decision iv ever made in my life. The pleasure is great, especially when its not street product. But for me it took everything away, money , time, goals, and most importantly my family, Everything else can go down the drain. The hardest hit was my family.

So imagine, 56 recreational drugs. Everything you can think of and a lot you cant even imagine exist. But heroin sits at the top with the title of my lifes destruction. I dont mean to put anyone off. All of this was MY choice, MY decision, and i estimated and tried to leverage the outcome.

My goals in life have changed. I hope to find a cure to the addiction to opiates.....

Sorry to hear of the bad decision making of others that are causing more pain then needed. Please pm if your still need for a solution.