• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

Heroin as a pain medication is absurd. It's one of the most addictive drugs in existence and to think of using it regularly as a pain medication is ignorant and dangerous

No do not. If u do atleast dnt bang it. Jst snort it. Or ul b in the same situation as me. On vaca in pigeon forge sik. Cuz my shit got thrown away during a situation and I have no way of getting more and no no one and am sik af

Thanks everyone. Really, I actually mean that. Any suggestions? I am in intense pain around the clock and am DESPERATE for relief. The "all knowing" government doesn't care and thinks tightning regulations on pain med is the anwer.

Heroin as a pain medication is absurd. It's one of the most addictive drugs in existence and to think of using it regularly as a pain medication is ignorant and dangerous
Absolute TOSH. What the hell would doctors do in cases of myocardial infarction, serious Road Traffic Accidents etc without some 30/60/100/500mg vials in their cases? It is the ONLY opiate analgesic which has absolutely no effect on the cardiac electrical system, which is why survival rates from heart attack are much lower in those countries which have, for one idiotic reason after another, to withdraw it from clinical use. My father was a doctor and it was probably one of the three most useful drugs that were permanently to hand.
And my mate Marko could never have done without it in his coping with pancreatic cancer either. The Teva/Auralis brand, freeze-dried powder for reconstitution, is also well suited to use in x 3 IV dose when used IN either with a dry powder inhalator or diluted to deliver the required dosage in aqueous nasal atomiser spray bottle. I have noted elsewhere that GSK's Beconase 200-spray metered 20mL bottles are perfect for that RoA.
Snorting the commonly found illicit #3 powder (street) is a waste - only the hydrochloride crosses the blood/brain barrier with any sort of clinical use. The 10mg tablets might as well be withdrawn as bioavailability PO is so low compared with IM/IV/IN routes.

Last edited:
I think what does not work at all is self administration of small doses of street heroin in order to deal with pain issues. You can't control heroin use as most people try with prescribed medication. The patient needs access to clean, controlled meds and a doctor to constantly evaluate the case. It's as simple as that.

HELL NO. Opiate pills are hard enough to kick assuming that your already addicted to those. The needle makes it that much harder. Trust me some day you will want to quit. Don't make it harder on yourself then you have to.

You don't know what's in H these days. Most of it (even tar now) is cut with Fentanyl and it's analogues. Last time i shot anything i overdosed doing .1.... 1 bag almost took me out! (4-ish months ago) Getting on H is the worst possible idea ever, lol... Almost thought it was someone trolling for responses but nope... H sucks. Do anything but that crap, it is SO hard to get off and stay off, I'm just now getting the hang of it after 13 years on it... It will take you to a lotta places that suck (Jail, detox, rehab, drug court etc. etc...)-- The high is gnarly but the cons quickly outweigh the pro's. Unless you like staring at walls and having to listen to people ramble on and on about how great NA is... not my cuppa tea. I would say YMMV but no, it won't. LoL.

I've never been interested in using heroin because of the cuts dealers use and the risks involved. I refuse to IV any drug and I never have, because of my fear of needle-fever.
With that being said, I DO like opiates occasionally. I've used kratom, hydrocodone, oxycodone, tramadol, codeine, and suboxone (subutex). I have never bought pills, I don't have sources for them, and I honestly have no intentions of going out and getting any. I know I can't justify abusing pain relievers, but I use them very rarely (once every two months, if they're available).

The question I have is: is heroin REALLY that different from other opiates? Or can we group all opiates (at least the harder ones) into this?

Well, lodo... to answer your question frankly: YES, heroine REALLY IS that different from other opiates. Pretty much all the active opiate alkaloids in opium eventually gets broken down into straight morphine, mainly taking place in the liver. Most the drugs prescribed by a doctor (in the good ole USofA) pass through the BBB (Blood Brain Barrier - like an organ that prevents unwanted molecules from entering the brain, whilst allowing the "wanted" or needed ones.) very slowly if at all. The study summary I'm going to refer to is done on rats, because for moral and legal reasons, doctors can't just cut the heads off of dope addicts within seconds of shooting up drugs, unless it's the mid to late 1930's, Mannheim, Germany. BUT, thank God it is not... Anyway, back on subject. The BBB allows a miniscule amount, basically an unmeasurable amount of Morphine to pass; Codeine is not high, but is definitely measureable and significant, over 20%. But, methadone was almost double that - over 40%! And the mother of them all: heroin, which was apparently measured at what I presume seemed less than expected, but still coming in at a whopping 68% (this low number was likely due to circulatory hindrance or something like that, so in a fairly healthy human being that number could be even higher!). Here is the source if you'd like to check it out, really quite short and an interesting read:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/5084666

Ok, so a little update. I didn't try H. Still don't want to. I did order some u47700 because I read that it should kill pain without making you all loopy. I'm gonna try orally first, if that doesn't work, I'll snort it, and if still no good, i'll iv. I have found that I can servive ( by that I don't feel the urge to off myself to end the pain) by shooting half of a pill every 2-3 hours. If the needle is not an option, snoting is a distant 2nd. 2 questions tho. 1. Someone on here told me that there is a great vein on the inside of the knee. Mine is not visible. Any suggestions on how to find it? 2. My scales are pretty good, but measuring milligrams is outside their capability so I will have to cut the u47700 in order to regulate the dose. What is a good water soluble cut to use in case I have to snort or inject the new stuff? Thanks

All I have to tell you is that this won't work. You can't resolve your pain issues like that thinking that a scale would make it okay.
You never know how mixed your dose is. It could be 6% percent or 15%. So your scale is useless.

Last edited:
Oh, one more question. Theoretically, if one were to make up a shot and couldn't do it at that time. Assuming that it was a new syringe and sterile water, how long would said shot be safe to use?

You are not allowed to ask for suggestions about how to find it. This would qualify as sourcing.
All I have to tell you is that this won't work. You can't resolve your pain issues like that thinking that a scale would make it okay.
You never know how mixed your dose is. It could be 6% percent or 15%. So your scale is useless.
I'm not asking where to findicate products, I'm asking how to find the vein on the inside of the knee.

Ok, so a little update. I didn't try H. Still don't want to. I did order some u47700 because I read that it should kill pain without making you all loopy. I'm gonna try orally first, if that doesn't work, I'll snort it, and if still no good, i'll iv. I have found that I can servive ( by that I don't feel the urge to off myself to end the pain) by shooting half of a pill every 2-3 hours. If the needle is not an option, snoting is a distant 2nd. 2 questions tho. 1. Someone on here told me that there is a great vein on the inside of the knee. Mine is not visible. Any suggestions on how to find it? 2. My scales are pretty good, but measuring milligrams is outside their capability so I will have to cut the u47700 in order to regulate the dose. What is a good water soluble cut to use in case I have to snort or inject the new stuff? Thanks

I wouldn't fuck with u4. Really bad on the veins. Also wouldn't fuck with herion. Really bad on your existence as a human being and will... fuck man, read the thread!

I agree with you. I understand that heroin is very appealing and I can relate to this feeling of trying things and believing that you won't ever do it again.
Unfortunately that's how most of people think when it comes to heroin. Heroin is just too powerful and at one way or another it will get stuck with you for good.
Do yourself a favor, stay away.. With time you'll see you made a better choice. You'll find something better. Don't waste your life over a wish that can destroy your life. I read, watch, and have lived in this world for so long I can easily see how it ends.

Read the entire thread, you'll know deep inside what's best for you. Make your choice after that. I say this with much love.

Hi everybody, hoping somebody here could give me some feedback on something that I'm struggling with.

I'm a 23 year old male who experienced a 2 year period of mephedrone abuse but has since been clean for almost three years.
However, I really really miss that euphoric, no cares in the world feeling and have recently been struggling to get the idea of doing it again (but only 1 every 1/2 months) again out of my head.

My question is this, would it not be safer/more practical to use some kind of opiate instead? In moderation of course.

I have limited experience with opiates, dabbled in codeine a few times but wasn't blown away (maybe I didn't dose enough).
However, I had one beautiful experience after a friend of mine gave me three morphine sustained release caps (can't remember the dosage).
I decided to take the first one orally, but after not feeling much decided to crush up the beads inside the remaining two caps and snort them.

In short, this experience ranked close to, if not above my favourite of all drugs, mephedrone. Of course, I loved mephedrone but that drug just doesn't really fit in with my lifestyle anymore. I don't go out to bars anymore, I don't NEED stimulation. I want to relax and feel great. Opiates seem like a much better choice for cuddling on the couch with the SO.

I can't help but think that as long as I moderate my usage, some kind of opiate might be just the thing that I'm looking for.
A lot has changed since my mephedrone days, I now have a fiance to look after and a roof to keep over my head. So I just can't imagine how a drug like mephedrone can ever be part of my life again with the terrible comedowns and the way it increases my anxiety levels for weeks after a session. I already struggle enough getting my ass to work without having to deal with that shit.

So please, anybody who can provide any practical advice, I would really appreciate it.