• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

I believe when one takes a very high dosage in order to feel something. Not only the feeling does not happen but you end up with extra problems to keep the dosage

I've done it, dealt with addiction, it was worst thing I've ever dealt with ever. I'm 6 months clean, in a program. it took me stealing from my family and loosing all my material possessions and loosing a 10 year relationship, all because I thought I could handle heroin. No one can "handle" heroin. yah maybe you try it once, and your fine,but if you have an amazing experience that first time, you know your gonna wanna do it again.... thats when your fucked, i because a junkie for 3-4 years and it was a fucked experience. don't do it man, its not worth it and you should find better things to do with your time. heroin is a life sucker. it doesn't make you creative or cool or sexy. its filthy and you become its slave no exaggeration. I hope someone sees this and learns from what I have been through.... I have tried to quit literally a million times before I actually got the help i needed. Please don't try it, you live in a fake reality and when you wake up your in a living nightmare and cant believe the things you did. Take it from me. No high is worth loosing your identity and your self and everything you treasure. Eventually that is what happens. I never OD'ed or had any friends die so i came out good, but others come out so much worse... so yah. if you want to get high, smoke some weed or try some acid. Don't do heroin. Be smart so something PRODUCTIVE with your free time. Learn from my mistake and remember your life is yours to live, Rise up and live it.

Opidopecake, after joining BL and hear your experiences, I believe I took H off my mind.
It seems that I have a lot to lose. As you said yourself, family, money and the feeling that nothing is the same anymore.
I gave up the idea. I´m on methadone and suffer because of the lack of independence. Always try to catch I break.
Thanks for sharing.

Presumably if you want to try heroin, you have experience with opiates in pill form - hydrocodone/oxycodone, either mixed with APAP in 5 or 10mg pills or maybe you've been lucky enough to get ahold of some instant release oxycodone pills that you crushed and snorted.

If you think there will be a huge difference in the high between heroin and these other opiates, you're wrong. If you've never done anything IV before the rush is certainly interesting, and you can definitely get more fucked up because you don't have to worry about tylenol in your stomach, but at its core the high is the same. Trying heroin for the high is not really a valid reason - just get some good pain pills.

If you are already addicted to opiates in pill form and are looking to heroin for monetary reasons, then it may arguably make sense, if you aren't ready for maintenance or ready to quit. In other words, if you are already badly strung out and have no interest in stopping. Heroin will definitely save you money in the short term. In the long term I've usually just gotten a much worse habit and ultimately ended up spending almost as much on dope as I spent on pills.

Personal history - I got into heroin with a group of roughly 8-9 close friends (there were others, but the core group was around 9 people). All of us had used oxycontin, back when you could crush and snort/inject it, prior to trying heroin. Only one of the group had ever injected anything (oxycontin) prior to heroin. Of the 9 people, whose addiction started roughly equivalent with HS graduation in ~2000, two of them are dead (one from IV heroin overdose, one from IV cocaine overdose), two are active IV heroin addicts now (and life is not good for them), two people, including myself, are on maintenance programs (I'm on methadone, a friend is on subutex), one person is now entirely clean of all drugs, and the other two people were able to try heroin and "chip" a few times every now and then without getting addicted, although I don't think they used more than a handful of times.

These are bad statistics.

Switching to heroin to save money is the mistake I made, having a roughly 80-120mg/day oxycodone habit at the time. As I said, I am on methadone now, for the past several years, and while it keeps me clean (from heroin) and able to hold a job and live a relatively normal life, its still a horrible burden and I wish I had been able to stay clean after a heroin detox. I wish I'd never tried heroin!

Opidopecake, after joining BL and hear your experiences, I believe I took H off my mind.
It seems that I have a lot to lose. As you said yourself, family, money and the feeling that nothing is the same anymore.
I gave up the idea. I´m on methadone and suffer because of the lack of independence. Always try to catch I break.
Thanks for sharing.

Good to hear. I wish more people would come to that conclusion, save themselves a lot of pain and misery.

I think the only way is what you said, stopping for several days. I've taken methadone at those dosages, but never for a period of time greater than 10-14 days (pills) and not exactly that dosage, just a pill whenever I felt like it. I've never taken methadone constantly as loperamide is cheap, works just as well at stopping withdrawals, and I don't have to pay money daily and wake up early and drive somewhere just so I don't feel like shit. Besides, since I particularly like the high that methadone produces (though it seemed to diminish with time, like after a year or two of taking it for 1-2 weeks once a month) I'd be too tempted to bump up the dosage until it could go no higher and then I would be really quite fucked. Since loperamide lacks any high, feelings of well-being or euphoria there is no temptation to get high. It raises your tolerance but since it lacks those positive qualities it is easy to taper with. I lack any sources for pills now, and am done with the gross ass smelling BTH (tar). When I finally taper with lope I may buy a half gram or something, but I can't live with myself shelling out a couple bills for 3 grams only to get high for a 3-4 days. The financial loss is emotionally draining, and the high it produces usually upset my stomach and made me nauseous completely unlike the nausea from too much opioids. I believe the cut was some garbage stuff that just made shit horrible, I was plugging it to which usually has less stomach issues than other ROAs.

Usually, at those lower doses (70-90 mg in non-chronic usage, but 10+days) I could get high the next day, but other times I noticed that it blocked any euphoria for several days even with similar dosages - the variable may have been the number of days I took it, but I was under the impression that the difference in blood plasma after 7 days was negligible compared to 10. I know this because I got oxycodone with the methadone and would save 150-200 mgs and this was roxis.

I do have one roxi left which I'm saving for the day that I can feel it, I feel I'll have to be at doses of loperamide of like 4-6mgs for a few months before that is at all a possibility.

What's crazy about the loperamide since I started writing it down, is I don't seem to take an exact dosage daily the doses go like this in order: 52, 20, 88, 38, 82, 20, 72, 48 (in milligrams). They jump from high to low to high to low over and over again. I only took them when I experienced lacrimation which seems to be the main symptom leading to the body aches and cold sweats/overheating.

Uh you merely quoted what I posted, and pasted what i posted as response?

No, I tried to use your quote and responded with mine. It appears as if my message is cut.
You will see my response underneath it. The first time I did not achieved it but wrote my response in the next one.

Thanks for sharing. No, definitely not more than 600 mg, since I can already predict that nothing is going to happen.
I believe the best I can do right now is to keep trying to lower my Methadone dosage to get some independence.
It has been so long since I got a decent high. And, to my great surprise, it came through 3-4 dosages of IV Demerol 50 mg some while ago.
2 hours in between dosages. For 2 weeks I was in heaven. Really great warmth and the best high I´ve experienced in many years.
I think it was due to the Meperidina or something like this. 2 ml of IV Demerol (50 mg) each dose with 1 ml of water.
I haven´t tried H, as everyone says I would not feel the rush, being on ´done and all.
Have tried Fentanyl on patches (Durogesic), up to 125 but all I got was a great nod. But it was very difficult to let it go, and actually not at all I good idea if you one is on Methadone, since you get two addictions and both very hard to treat.
When you mentioned BTH (tar) you referred to the brownish H right, being snorted I guess.
I suppose I would have to be off methadone for 48 hours, or at least to a very minimal dosage to feel something.
I guess I was not very lucky with H

lolwhatzdrugs - your lope doses vary because it has a long half life - I can't remember offhand but closer to 2 days than 1 - hence you don't really get sick after a day. Try dosing every other day, otherwise you end up building it up in your system, as you would bupe.
http://link.springer.com/article/10.2165/00003495-197815010-00003

Pharmacokinetic studies: Peak plasma levels occur within 4 hours after administration and the plasma half-life in man is 7 to 15 hours. 25 % of an oral dose is excreted in the faeces unchanged in 3 days, and 1 to 2 % in the urine as free drug or glucuronic acid conjugate. Biliary elimination is an important route of excretion in rats but this has not been studied in man.

Thanks for sharing. No, definitely not more than 600 mg, since I can already predict that nothing is going to happen.
I believe the best I can do right now is to keep trying to lower my Methadone dosage to get some independence.
It has been so long since I got a decent high. And, to my great surprise, it came through 3-4 dosages of IV Demerol 50 mg some while ago.
2 hours in between dosages. For 2 weeks I was in heaven. Really great warmth and the best high I´ve experienced in many years.
I think it was due to the Meperidina or something like this. 2 ml of IV Demerol (50 mg) each dose with 1 ml of water.
I haven´t tried H, as everyone says I would not feel the rush, being on ´done and all.
Have tried Fentanyl on patches (Durogesic), up to 125 but all I got was a great nod. But it was very difficult to let it go, and actually not at all I good idea if you one is on Methadone, since you get two addictions and both very hard to treat.
When you mentioned BTH (tar) you referred to the brownish H right, being snorted I guess.
I suppose I would have to be off methadone for 48 hours, or at least to a very minimal dosage to feel something.
I guess I was not very lucky with H

Yeah that brownish shit that is usually an incomplete synthesis with acetic anhydride, and some is often left. It degrades to acetic acid and gives a disgusting vinegar smell.

BlackTar_slideshow.jpg

^^

Ugh. Gross. Hah. After being used to east coast powder and seeing that for so long, tar really just looks disgusting. Don't get me wrong, I've had good tar, but it's horrible on the veins and batch for batch, inferior.

I have no experience of tar. Just found it a little difficult to imagine dissolving that to shoot up.

I have recently just tried Heroin, originally was a heavy ice n GHB user, however felt like I couldn't survive with not knowing how H feels.. If your an addict - don't do it, but if your like me, i guess know one can stop you.. I used almost everyday last week n lucky just made it without copping withdrawals.. But I've not been able to stop thinking about it since then.. It all depends what your into, if you love party drugs n uppers, you might not like it.. Make sure you never use alone n of course use clean needles n spoons.. I started on 1/2 point which smashed me then 2 days later 1 point.. The vomiting is intense, so be ready.. If you have a friend who uses, it's really nice to just cuddle into them n be completely smashed.. Make sure you don't mix any benzo, alcohol with it the first time... If you are an addict n the obsession to try it, is that crippling to try it, please don't!!! I really don't know what I've gotten myself into, all because I felt like I missed out... When really its not that exciting sitting on a couch days on end.. Good luck, plz use with some who knows what there doing.. Xx

I have recently just tried Heroin, originally was a heavy ice n GHB user, however felt like I couldn't survive with not knowing how H feels.. If your an addict - don't do it, but if your like me, i guess know one can stop you.. I used almost everyday last week n lucky just made it without copping withdrawals.. But I've not been able to stop thinking about it since then.. It all depends what your into, if you love party drugs n uppers, you might not like it.. Make sure you never use alone n of course use clean needles n spoons.. I started on 1/2 point which smashed me then 2 days later 1 point.. The vomiting is intense, so be ready.. If you have a friend who uses, it's really nice to just cuddle into them n be completely smashed.. Make sure you don't mix any benzo, alcohol with it the first time... If you are an addict n the obsession to try it, is that crippling to try it, please don't!!! I really don't know what I've gotten myself into, all because I felt like I missed out... When really its not that exciting sitting on a couch days on end.. Good luck, plz use with some who knows what there doing.. Xx
You can't unring the bell.

No, with my addition I have given up the idea of Heroin. I have already too much going on without it. Also I have heard that it´s not possible to have a life and do Heroin at the same time. So I must think of my family, work, etc. Not so many friends though. But I guess family covers that part, partially at least. Thanks for your inputs. I really hope you quit while you can do it without withdraws. It´s very bad when that happens. If heroin is the worst withdraw, then you would certainly want to avoid it at all cost.

No to Heroin

Presumably if you want to try heroin, you have experience with opiates in pill form - hydrocodone/oxycodone, either mixed with APAP in 5 or 10mg pills or maybe you've been lucky enough to get ahold of some instant release oxycodone pills that you crushed and snorted.

If you think there will be a huge difference in the high between heroin and these other opiates, you're wrong. If you've never done anything IV before the rush is certainly interesting, and you can definitely get more fucked up because you don't have to worry about tylenol in your stomach, but at its core the high is the same. Trying heroin for the high is not really a valid reason - just get some good pain pills.

If you are already addicted to opiates in pill form and are looking to heroin for monetary reasons, then it may arguably make sense, if you aren't ready for maintenance or ready to quit. In other words, if you are already badly strung out and have no interest in stopping. Heroin will definitely save you money in the short term. In the long term I've usually just gotten a much worse habit and ultimately ended up spending almost as much on dope as I spent on pills.

Personal history - I got into heroin with a group of roughly 8-9 close friends (there were others, but the core group was around 9 people). All of us had used oxycontin, back when you could crush and snort/inject it, prior to trying heroin. Only one of the group had ever injected anything (oxycontin) prior to heroin. Of the 9 people, whose addiction started roughly equivalent with HS graduation in ~2000, two of them are dead (one from IV heroin overdose, one from IV cocaine overdose), two are active IV heroin addicts now (and life is not good for them), two people, including myself, are on maintenance programs (I'm on methadone, a friend is on subutex), one person is now entirely clean of all drugs, and the other two people were able to try heroin and "chip" a few times every now and then without getting addicted, although I don't think they used more than a handful of times.

These are bad statistics.

Switching to heroin to save money is the mistake I made, having a roughly 80-120mg/day oxycodone habit at the time. As I said, I am on methadone now, for the past several years, and while it keeps me clean (from heroin) and able to hold a job and live a relatively normal life, its still a horrible burden and I wish I had been able to stay clean after a heroin detox. I wish I'd never tried heroin!

That post I was looking for was the one that started making my mind towards not doing Heroin. The part you said it´s basically the same thing.
So I guess that is true. I´ve done all sorts of medication for pain, IV and you name it, I have probably done it.
I also had a medical condition that lead me to it, before and after. And, as I mentioned today, once you get legal authorization to use it, that´s when it´s complicated for me as I have always used a bit more, then a lot more. To the point I am now trying basically everything to be off my methadone addiction. Or at the least decrease it by 2 tablets or more!!

I just tried H for the first time 2 weeks ago. I had tried almost every other pharmaceutical opiate until I wanted to chase the dragon. In my area it's all black tar. Anyway, it's not as intense as I thought it up to be, but that is cuz I expected it to be different from any other opiate high. It's quite the rush, and is more stimulating to me than eating hydrocodone for example.. I'll gladly smoke it on occasion but am practicing self control so that I don't get hooked. To me it's just as addicting as any other opiate