• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

The first time I did heroin I knew in my heart that it was going to be a problem. And I was right. Early in my use, I bought into the myth that it was making me a better musician (I write music,play guitar,sing, etc.) but later on realized how untrue this actually was. In fact, it made me not want to pick up my guitar at all. I could care less about even listening to any music. To answer this original post, it's a terrible idea to try heroin. It only leads to addiction, and if you're lucky just that. But most of the time, jail, rehab, then death. I've seen it happen time and time again to a lot of my friends. I guess I was one of the lucky ones. Thankfully, suboxone gave me my life back.

^^^

Yeah I can relate to that big time. It destroys your passion. You'll get high, and say "Oh man, I'm gonna go play guitar and write some music, book a gig," but you never do. A lot of musicians and artists I know go through the same thing. You think it's going to help you, or are just attracted to it because your musical idols were junkies, but all it does is sap you of your potential and motivation.

Obviously I can only speak for myself, but even as an older and educated person who jumped into opiates (starting with heroin), I was never under any illusions of thinking I wouldn't get addicted, like I said, I just flat out didn't care. It's funny though because the girl I was with told me that as long as she was in charge of injecting me that I would be less likely to get addicted, which I knew was bullshit and she eventually taught me how to do it, but I think she was afraid of me getting scared of becoming addicted and leaving her. She was a very lonely person who wanted someone - anyone - to be with her. And anytime I tried to leave, she'd hold a loaded gun up to her head, threatening to pull the trigger if I left. Eventually I decided I didn't give a shit and left and never went back.

I'm also a musician (guitar player, singer). My junkie musician heroes were Elliott Smith, Peter Doherty (Libertines, Babyshambles), but as others have said, using heroin didn't lead to any inspiration or even any motivation to pick up a guitar.

i have tried crack as well which is supposedly more addictive than heroin.

thread/

^^^ So you have tried H and Crack. . Your post makes you sound like a person that has little experience with either of the two drugs.. Just Like ^^ "anythingbutsober" said, you must have it all figured out, try doing H for a bit , maybe a month or two or three, see how it goes.

When I got into dope, I knew damn well what I was doing, and that I was going to get addicted.. and it happened a lot quicker and terrible psychical withdrawals came to be a part of the addiction a lot quicker then I thought! try a few months. My favorite music artist(s) Layne Staley (Alice in Chains) Kurt Cobain (Nirvanna) did dope.. I had an acoustic guitar that I loved playing. Dope did nothing but ruin it all. I ended up falling out of my tree one day and smash smash there goes my acoustic guitar. I wish I had my guitar right now I would be able to play again now that I am stable on 6mg's of that nasty lime tasting Suboxone every day..

If you haven't, Don't try Heroin!. The odds are not in your favor..

^That's some serious hippy shit, in the tree with the guitar! Yeah, you don't become a rock star sitting on the couch sucking your own dick...If you did, I'd be in the rock and roll hall of fame by now!

^^

Damn. Girl sounds nuts. I've been there.. hah. Dated a few head cases myself.

Yeah, "head case" is definitely an understatement lol. She'd randomly flip out and grab the nearest sharp object and start slashing her arms and then spend the next week trying to guilt me "Look at what you made me do!!". Ah, man, it was never ending, I'd write more on here about it but it's probably more appropriate as blog material. And the thought of her falling out of a tree does bring a smile to my face.

^^

What were you doing in a tree with your guitar? Ha.

^^

ppft LMAO, OK I guess I was a bit tired last night and need to edit my post.. no hippy shit going on here :).

What I meant was.. It was a 4 Year long addiction at this point, constantly detoxing, trying to get off methadone and what not. This day I think I was about a month or so into stopping Suboxone cold turkey. What I meant is that day I "fell outs my tree" in other words completely lost my fucking mind due to my addictions and being dopesick, picked up my guitar with my hands and smashed the shit out of it. I used to like playin a lot, I was by no means a pro aha I just relaxed at home like a beginner, I would learn the beginning's to some tracks I liked, yea some of my favorite rock musicians specifically Alice in Chain the main singer did dope, Layne is dead.

I wouldn't be caught dead sitting up in a tree either high on dope or dopesick trying to learn AIC- Don't Follow or some other shit aha. I was dopesick, lost it, got really mad, and I smashed the hell outs that thing to say the least, maybe I would still be playing guitar to this day if I had spent my money on a second guitar instead of all that dope I did, doin dope ain't gona help out anyone with there music is what I am gettin at.

Last edited:
^That's some serious hippy shit, in the tree with the guitar! Yeah, you don't become a rock star sitting on the couch sucking your own dick...If you did, I'd be in the rock and roll hall of fame by now!

Lmao yea I for sure need to read over my post next time no hippie shit goin on here just an old story of how dope and being dopesick drove me off the wall and my guitar is resting in .. many many pieces now.

Only "hippy" shit ive done is Ibogaine (hallucinogen). But.. even when I did that, it was to help me come off methadone at the time used for rapid opiate detox..and that's another story of it's own aha.

^I play guitar, and I used to climb trees all the time...Since I've hit my 30s, the tree climbing has slowed down a little! But I don't remember ever playing my guitar in a tree...next to a tree, but not in one!

As far as playing music and using heroin...Heroin makes it hard for me to get motivated to play at all too...I can play songs I already know, but as far as picking the guitar up and just practicing or playing for an hour or more, just jamming and practicing, I just can't seem to bring myself to do it when I'm on heroin...It's like I just don't have any emotional connection to music I play or listen to when I'm on heroin...

I will say, the period that you're getting off opiates is a great time to pick up an instrument, or re-learn what you've forgotten...all that nervous energy and inability to relax can really be channeled into it...and I don't think a lot of people realize how good you can get if you just play a little bit every day...but I digress...

I imagine this discussion has happened elsewhere on here...anyway

Yea^ heroin more often than not kills musical creativity. People seem to have the idea that heroin helped certain artists create music, when in reality it caused them to stop creating. Examples: Bloomfield, Frusciante, Cobain, AIC, Clapton, even Jerry Garcia and Trey Anastasio stopped playing for a while (that's saying something) (a lot of the jazz players were more productive without heroin) supposedly Miles Davis was out selling drugs rather than playing his instrument. I read that later on in his life he spent like 4 years shooting coke in front of the T.V, only leaving his house to get drugs.

What heroin (a low dose) is def good for though is the technical side of playing music, you can zone in better, seem to have more control over your instrument, and are less bothered by outside influences.

ok so i just read through the thread and noticed this..

That's the cliché and the myth. The creativity was always there in those people. Heroin is what stifles it, what makes you loose your passion, and consumes all your time.

It doesn't make you write better songs, or paint better, or write better. All it does is make you a dope fiend. Read any interviews with recovering addicts like Slash, Scott Weiland, etc, and they'll tell you the same thing. I'm sure Cobain and Staley would say the same thing if they were alive.

A lot of people start using dope, because they have this glamours image in their mind that it'll make them "deeper" and more "creative". It's a big reason why I started. I was young and all my idols did it.. I was a budding musician and artist at the time.

Truth, is every opportunity I got in the music or art world, heroin ruined. Too strung out to practice, make it through recording sessions, write new material, make it through a gig etc. I know a lot of musicians and artists who were strung out and it wasn't until they were clean, that they actually got serious and successful with their passion.

Heroin is not a tool for creativity. It is its destruction. The idea that it's going to help you with anything artistic is a young and naive notion, that is later blatantly disproven after you've actually become a heroin addict.

not surprising considering Scagnattie is sort of the Jerry Stahl of BL...

*It may help for a duration of time, and also be more efficient for arts outside of music. Certainly not endorsing it's use tho.

Last edited:
sorry if I'm off topic

I thought I would say to anybody trying to get off of heroin that smoke the stuff I found a way to get rid of all the cravings in the mind after the physical parts over or you start suboxone/methadone. I and a lot of addicts find they end up not only getting addicted to the substance they abuse but the whole ritual that goes along with getting high ex. Preparing a shot to inject and the needle poking their skin or chasing the dragon off of tinfoil. I'm currently on suboxone after abusing pain meds for 3 years and heroin for 4 years after I got cut off my meds.

I've been on suboxone for a while now and it takes care of most symptoms but I find especially when first starting the sub's when I come home from work I'll get bored and want to smoke a few dragons since I found that to be the most fun when sitting watching TV (I don't prefer needles due to I only have one visible vein on my foot that's painful to inject into and I like keeping my hand occupied by doing hoots off foil). To get rid of this nagging feeling I've heard of people on here actually smoking h off foil even tho their receptors are blocked because they say it helps them lol I found that funny lol of course smoking heroin is gonna help get rid of your cravings for heroin I remember this guy thought it would not show on a drug test the next day because his receptors were blocked ha poor bastard.

I know some of you pot smokers out there have heard of The latest fad called ear wax weed (hash oil concentrate) also known as budder its a form of hashish oil extracted from marijuana buds so your left with the THC only. Now as good as smoking a doobie was at curbing my heroin cravings it still wasn't the same type of smoke and I couldn't chase the dragon.

I got some of this budder yesterday and I tried smoking it on tinfoil The same as i did h because it looked exactly like a brown chunk of heroin. What I found was it smoked and ran on foil exactly the same as heroin one would think it was heroin if they seen me smoking it. It turned into a perfect brown puddle that moved from side to side of the foil as I chased the smoke with a hollowed out pen and then it disappeared and left no impurities behind also got me really stoned I actually enjoyed it more than heroin.
I recommend this to anybody who loves chasing the dragon and gets cravings for it even when on sub's or if totally clean from opiates either way I just needed to share this with my fellow junkies.

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot I just started MY profile today because I didn't like drugs forum very much and can't figure out how to make a new topic myself maybe if there's any mods reading they could tell me how thanks.

If you smoke piff all day and stay high, then you probably don't have to the self-control to "try" heroin.

I "tried" sniffing some dope to come down from some speedy-ass rolls and fell in love. It made me feel like my life was worth living. Boy, what a delusional fuck was I haha.

Railing that China White changed my whole life: Turned me into a fucking monster, a thief, my liver is fucked, ruined so many gorgeous girls... Just thought they were being rebellious sniffing the shit that I was shooting in my veins and now one tells me she's selling her body casually. Broke my heart when I could actually feel.

Being a junkie for the past 5-6 yrs is an experience I could live without. Learned a lot of life lessons in pain.

Life lessons in pain indeed, I feel ya man. I was the most independent, together person you would ever meet... But I guess something was missing, hey?

It kills me to see others start walking down that road... I just know chances are, they won't turn around before it's too late.