• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

Why this thread is so long? One post should be enough. "JUST NO AND NO. NEVER TRY IT EVEN ONCE UNLESS YOU HAVE TERMINAL CANCER, OR YOU DON't MIND DESTROYING YOU'RE LIVE AND RELATIONSHIPS COMPLETELY AND SELLING EVERYTHING YOU HAVE AND EVEN DON'T MIND LIVING IN THE STREET". Unless you are millionaire then you destroy only you're relationships.... 90% people will end that way who try, are you sure you are the one who can chip it once a year? It's like lottery, most likely you don't win, only losing money after money. The high is great at start, but it will never be worth it, after a awhile oyu will loose the good high and then you are only sick. Imagine day, you are out of dope, out of money, you've lost you're trust so nobody loans you money anymore, you start to feel WD's you feel horrible maybe can't get up from you're bed, but addiction will give some strange energy only to score more dope, but how you do that then? Start criminal life, stealing, burglary, scamming and so on, woman might go to prostitution, but oh well you will live in hell and you will regard that you ever touched heroin. IF thats what you want then, well I can't stop it. Just stick to codeine and tramadol, at least if I don't have tolerance to them I get as strong euphoria them from like from any strong opioids/opiate.

Last edited:
Can we get back on topic pls this is should I try heroin thread not pointless gossip anyway

Can I get the full raw truth(no patronising scaremongering)how good is h how does it get control with tolerance etc I would like detailed answers also if I did try it(not likely) I plan on putting it in a spliff I KNOW I KNOW ITS WASTEFUL!!! but I'm still gonna do it that way if I do has anyone who smiles so if anyone who smokes/smoked skag in a spliff and has anything to add.

The answers to your questions are in this thread. Maybe try reading it ??

Can we get back on topic pls this is should I try heroin thread not pointless gossip anyway

Can I get the full raw truth(no patronising scaremongering)how good is h how does it get control with tolerance etc I would like detailed answers also if I did try it(not likely) I plan on putting it in a spliff I KNOW I KNOW ITS WASTEFUL!!! but I'm still gonna do it that way if I do has anyone who smiles so if anyone who smokes/smoked skag in a spliff and has anything to add.

Hey there buddy! Most of us are here to make sure you're safe, this is a harm reduction site. I think that accurate information is needed for you to have the best chance of avoiding harm. I'll give you the raw truth.

Heroin high is gentle and nice. It is good, but not the most overwhelming drug in respect of euphoria. People like me that do not feel unhealthy levels of anxiety or stress tend to gravitate away from heroin, people whom are distressed or struggling with psychological trauma are more strongly addicted and quickly. This is because heroin has a way of covering up emotional pain, similarly to how it relieves physical pain!

All over the site you can find information on the effects and more importantly the time lines of many highs. I warn you that heroin is hard to dose correctly and the amount that can be potentially lethal is impossible to gauge beforehand, regardless to experience with the drug.I dont mean that you will certainly overdose, that's silly. All I want to say is that you need to do fractions of a dose and work up slowly. If you find yourself losing track of time during nods you should hold off on redosing for a while until you feel stable.

I don't understand what you meant about tolerance, your sentence was all broken up. I'll talk about tolerance instead. Clippers often adhere to a 8hr/72hr rule. You should look that up. They'll use eight hours and then go sober at minimum seventy two hours before using again. Tolerance increases similarly to nicotine, if using it habitually you're body will acclimate to your dosage over a period of a couple days or more. Using only once a day while having a tolerance minimizes this as your body cycles out about 75-88 percent of the drug in a 24 hour period. The majority of the dangers of the drug are related to its physical dependance mechanism, psychologically I find little to no cravings occur after isolated dosing. The dramatic feelings of heroin contrast starkly with the dark groggy feelings of withdrawal.

Not all heroin can be smoked. If you know a habitual user, ask them if your area has heroin suited for smoking. You should be mentally prepared for cravings and expect to desire to reuse. You should expect that you will feel unconvinced that these feelings are an addictive response, it usually feels more like wanting a snack or something benign than a craving for something like stimulants. The addiction to heroin is unrelated to the intensity of the high. It's not like coke, it sneaks up over time. It's avoidable more or less in theory but in practice, well... I'm the only person in a network of many friends that is a) not using habitually b) not a born again xx days sober person c) not dead. We're talking one man out of a few dozen. The addiction of heroin is real, it isn't related to strength, it can affect you. I lost my best friend and lover, my close aquintances, so many people to this drug in particular. Some it took days, and some people took years. Im at about six years passed since I first began clipping.

Be careful, know that you are responsible for yourself. I don't want to scare you, I just want you to be ready for war if things turn out badly and to know the real risks. Even when you can take this drug it doesn't mean the people you love can. Theyll look at you and think they can do the same thing you can, and you'll scramble trying to save them and fail every time. I wish someone told me that even if I'm ok that it would just take my family instead. If you do OK with it, do not share your experience to others that you care about. Set rules and adhere to them strictly, no mistakes. Think like mozart and not like jazz or pop artists.

I don't think your roa is effective. I think you know better than to use it that way (let alone using h at all)! Look up methods of heroin ingestion before you spend money and are disappointedly sober.

I cannot advise your first time using heroin that it be mixed with cannibas. Heroin reacts strongly with the body and there may be overlapping in the effects between those particular drugs.

I hope I'm not being preachy. This is a post I wish my younger self could see. Nothing would have made me make the choice to not try something short of factual data suggesting a 100 percent rate of addiction, and I don't blame you or grudge your choice. I know better than to try and manipulate you away from the drug. Instead, if you have specidic questions you may ask me and I will be here to advise you on how to go about this as safely as possible and contribute my experiences to your adventure. Feel free to pm me as well. Stay safe, good luck!

Last edited:
Smoking heroin meant for injections (well, at least ECP/“raw”) is such a waste IME. I tried it once and realized that if I’m spending money on dope I want to get high. I got literally nothing out of trying to smoke ECP (other forms of heroin meant for smoking/vaping work well for that though, although mixing it in a spliff/blunt is incredibly wasteful if it is a powder IMO).

Only heroin I’ve heard that works well for smoking like that is those pharmaceutical heroin laced cigarettes they used to prescribe in parts of Britain (may still do, I have no idea, but last I heard that hasn’t happened in a while; they mix the heroin into solution like dip/wet/street PCP often is, dip a cigarette or spiff or joint into it, and let the solution evaporate.

Then again, wasting your heroin is better than ODing.

I agree, it’s a waste and even if you can do it right. Interesting to know they there were pharmaceutical heroin laced cigarettes use in Britain.

I am on topic. Apologies for the pointless gossip (not really, but I see some profound meaning in your name now)

I knew I was going to relapse at some point, you see. You can see the things that preoccupy my mind when I am off opiates. I was missing that girl like crazy as she is on vacation. I am now happy she is on vacation, as I spent a week really high on oxycodone and wouldn't be fit to go on a date with her for the next 10 days. It wouldn't go right. I'm not myself, that shit fucked me up in a week.

That doesn't happen with new users but once you have a habit, tolerance increases extremely fast when you start using again. By the end of the week, I couldn't really feel any amount of oxy. I could have taken my entire month script at once and been fine. However if I had been clean for a couple months, that dose would drop me dead. Heroin is just more dangerous because there is no way to circumvent this danger due to unknown contents and purity.

Okay so with new users, I mean it took me 18 months to get a serious tolerance that was costing me hundreds to thousands of dollars a week simply to stay well. Before this, tolerance wasn't much of an issue - but once it doubles, and then doubles again - you see, it is exponential. You soon find yourself spending enormous quantities of money and getting so ill without it that it is an abomination. Very few people could get dressed for work in hardcore heroin sickness let alone work for 8 hours, so having a job to support the habit becomes infeasible.

By the way, the addiction begins with the first hit. Since, if you like it - and if you like downers like weed, benzos, whatever - chances are you will love this stuff. If you like having extra energy and feeling physically relaxed, while remaining fully functional - even with enhanced functionality - and NO comedown while feeling better than an Mdma high. Would you trust yourself not to use it again? As you have already taken the first step, without being aware of how good the feeling is at first, to a downward spirial into the depths of hell on earth.

Once tolerance comes, you are fucked. First of all, you can't get high anymore unless you wait several months to years. Then, you don't even know your tolerance anymore so it's hit or miss and usually a miss or even a potential overdose. Lots of OD's happen with people who don't presently know their tolerance. But you will have a habitual tendency to use the same amounts as before, which would be much higher. This is when death is likely, even more likely than as a daily user.

It gets control because at first there are so many benefits, it makes life wonderful and there is no comedown. It's not like cocaine or alcohol, where you pay the price the next day. It slowly creeps up on you, until you start waking up sick. You won't even realize it is opiate sickness at first, until it is too late. Then, you have the option of waiting out maybe 10 days to 3 weeks or longer to feel normal again. For me, I have a healthy lifestyle so it takes me 3 weeks and I am good as gold.

With tolerance, you don't just have to spend more. You literally can't get high. The itchy scratchy goes away, a lot of the euphoria goes away too. It is just bringing you up from an extreme low at the point, or the doses are so high that you get more side effects from the drug in your system, worsening the high.

I have been on topic this entire time thank you very much. I am detoxing off this shit and I recently relapsed after a solid couple months and abused 112 oxycodone pills over a week. I will say what I will regarding this as I am presently experiencing the repercussions of it. I was good for 2 months, and it bit me in my sleep. 1 day is long enough to get me withdrawals now. When I started, it was a lot longer than that. I had very mild and short withdrawals even 6 months in of abusing heroin, hydromorphone, oxycodone and opium. But, I was already fucked at that point. Good and hooked, it was daily use right from the start for me as I was fed up with a chronic pain condition.

So, if you look through my previous posts you will see how happy and cheerful, upbeat a guy I am. I am making a pact with myself that I am going to continue acting as normal in withdrawal. For instance, I went for a 2 hour walk in the snow today and I was really proud of that, being in oxy withdrawal and all it was VERY hard to do. Then when things got even worse, I got out to the mall and just walked around but I had extreme anxiety with all the people. My buddy at the tea store gave me some free tea, realizing almost straight away that something wasn't right with me.

So yeah. I won't be able to be that person for another week or so. I won't be able to enjoy life as much at all. There will be a lot of suffering. Heroin in a spliff? LOL. If its #4 rail it, if it's #3 smoke it off foil (very happy to have been using afghan and cambodian #4 during my days of heroin... it's always oxycodone now but that shit is just as bad really). If you don't know what the numbers mean, I would recommend looking into that. I prefer snorting it even to injecting it. I was always mainly a sniffer. I couldn't stand smoking the stuff, but it has the least overdose risk. Overdose is still a VERY real possibility with sniffing any amount of heroin, really. Same with smoking, but I always hated smoking it I feel like H isn't really meant to be smoked. Snorted or injected but that's just me and I could never really bring myself to IV although I did a few times.

Oh and about the one time I nearly died. I took 30mg IR oxy with zero tolerance when I had been clean for two months. I didn't have a tolerance, and the high was one of those highs you just know a tiny bit more would drop you dead. This is why it is actually safer to be using the stuff and addicted to it. If you are chipping, you won't know what the fuck your tolerance is and if it's heroin and not pills from a known pharmacy bottle... LOL. That shit will drop you dea d. Not even a chance. Chipping is retarded, it's what I just tried to do and even if I had succeeded it would have been pure idiocy. Nearly 30mg IR oxy (not that high a dose) mixed with a benzo I had taken the night before and forgot about nearly fucking KILLED ME. And I know what the fuck I'm doing having used for 5 years straight. I used to take 500mg a day to barely feel a damn thing other than not excruciating hell on earth, and 30mg nearly killed me. But, this is a huge risk for new users too due to natural variations in tolerance. My tolerance is naturally very low. I line of good heroin the size of a typical line of cocaine would have easily dropped me dead during the first year of my use. Easily. I was using matchstick sized bumps the shit is so strong when it's good. By the end of it I would blow through a gram though in no time. My first gram lasted me 6 months.

Last edited:
^Sounds like the worst you could do is waste it, why not give it a shot and share your results with the class?

Put H in a spliff? There is a difference between what you want to do, and what is possible. You cannot burn a pure chemical, and there are only certain types of H that are smokable. Never in a joint, but it is vaporized off foil - called chasing the dragon. I have not used H this way, due to there nice and pure diacetylmorphine hydrochloride (the salt) in my area and not the base... The freebase form H #3 is common in another part of the world than me. It is smoked, or mixed with citric acid to be injectable. I don't think it can be sniffed. Also, heroin #4 only needs to be mixed with sterile water and not heated to be injected. Heating it just adds cuts to the solution as it is so water soluble. #3 must be heated.

So you should know what form of H you are getting also, and the ways it can be used. Heroin #2 is black tar heroin and I have never tried it, and wouldn't be interested. I like to rail heroin, the best way that I enjoy the most is to sniff it, over IV (on occasion it was nice...) or smoking/vaporizing, and BTH is smoked or injected, it is harder to sniff and kind of nasty sounding in my view. It contains different alkaloids too though and has a different feeling, it was Kurt Cobain's preference and I'm sure he could have had any dope. I always liked my china white... high purity white heroin over the Afghan #4. China white can also be a name for fentanyl laced heroin #4 though, as a white powder as well, so be careful if you come across that term and it isn't an insane good connect.

I would snort the heroin (if you can get #4, the one that crushes up into powder and is typically a tan/brownish colour to white... the appearance says nothing of the quality) and when one snorts H, it takes 15 minutes to kick in. This is very important because you might take more thinking you are not high, then 15 minutes passes after the first line and it hits you, then you get hit again and OD and die. If you have good shit, simply a very tiny matchstick sized bump will suffice - and if you have a tolerance to some kind of opioid pill I would still start with the smallest possible amount. Like 5 or 10 milligrams if that, and then double it after 15 minutes if you aren't feeling it and figure out how much you need. I required around 50mg of very good stuff to get soaring high, but I would take half my dose and wait 15 or 20 minutes before taking the other half of the dose I wanted to be a little safer. like 5 or 10 milligrams was enough when I started but purity and tolerance vary so wildly it's really hard to tell.

None of these options entail smoking it in a spliff. Kick back and smoke a joint while the H takes 15 minutes - unless you IV it as then it hits in a few seconds and that part is insane, it adds a rush to it but I didn't like that so much. Loved to sniff it. Smoking it hits quick too... so quick it has the least OD risk, as you might pass out before being able to chase the dragon off the cliff. Lasts the shortest amount of time as well.

The needle sucks as it is mainly for people who are already addicted. I was at a point where I was spending so much money snorting heroin that used to cost me pennies in the start, and not even getting high anymore. Maybe getting high for a few hours and I would want more, as my body had grown so accustomed to opiates and wanted more and more. Started costed me hundreds of dollars a week, if not thousands simply to feel good and not the worst feeling I have ever felt. I feel good sober, so it didn't make any sense. Then IV becomes very tempting to the user, as it has close to 100% bioavailability and hits right away. At first it brings the high back, lasts a lot longer and stretches the supply, but then tolerance once again adjusts. I did it just a handful of times I do know that sticking a needle it your arm the first time is pretty messed up. I was alone, and nervous being sick was just not an option at the time in my mind. The part of IV use I liked was seeing my blood mix with the solution before injecting it... that part is addictive as fuck.

I would not recommend trying it. I recently relapsed, after having a few months of clean time and really cleaning up my act. There is such a mess from all the destruction from neglecting everything for the sake of a high. I could still hold jobs and function until I ran myself broke and spent half of a year bedridden sick as fuck, but even when I was functional I just wasn't myself. There are shitty physiological effects too, it lowers male testosterone and inevitably destroys one's libido entirely. I found this particularly emasculating. Also, this is the second day of my relapse and it was not an easy day, although it could have been. I have suffered tremendously today and I told myself I wouldn't let it fuck with me so I've been out and about running errands.

It is NOT fun to be sick, my upper arms it feels like a million red ants are eaten the bones of my upper arm. The shit is so addictive it seeps into your bones and this was a 10 day oxycodone relapse. Once you have any sort of habit, you're fucked since well for me at least, I get debilitating withdrawals from a single day of use. It's not like that at first... it is a very deceptive drug.

A lot of people would hate it. My friend who is really outgoing said he could never see himself getting addicted to it because it was just one hell of a good painkiller. Saw nothing in it, used it once. Asked a year later if he could snort some, but I was too hooked then to share. The girl I have a crush on would hate it (I still would never want her to touch the shit, as it can get anyone). She likes stimulants though and is very outgoing and would probably find it a bore. Although, she is a hedonist like myself. It is tough to say whether a person will like it or not before they try it - but certainly, enough like it enough to continue using it daily for long enough to get addicted and don't seem to care one bit. It can be like getting swept off your feet, no idea what you're getting into, then one day 18 months later you wake up one day subjectively feeling poison seeping out of of your body and killing your muscles and realize that you got hooked.

I'd smoke the doobie, and forget about the dope but if you are going to try it then at least figure out what you are doing, and the extreme risks involved. Straight men end up working as male prostitutes to get their heroin. Do you think they thought that was a possibility when, like everyone else, they tried that first hit out of curiosity? I really doubt it, as that is a miserable place to end up. Brian on the Boulevard is a good documentary to watch on this and at want point he has a classic hardcore nod. Really it's the best high but you are too wrecked to do anything. It is my drug of choice - a rail of good H - but I prefer to smoke joints and trip on psychedelics these days as waking up sick is just fucking absolute shit. I will be sick for the next week it sucks but hey I got high as fuck for the holidays so.

Hi, I’m debating whether to try IV once I currently buy number 3 from darknet once or twice a year, normally smoke it sometimes snort. I have a disease that means I’m in pain all the time and currently take between 60-100mg of Oxycodone daily. So I know I’m addicted to opiates, I only started using H once I knew I was addicted through oxy. I consider my use of H as responsible and as a treat. Could IV’ing once be that bad, would I be hooked?

The problem with trying is that you will always want to pursue this feeling in the future. And most of us end up living our days in that pursue. It's trickier than it seems.

I suggest you read some of the posts people have wrote so that you can get an idea of the risks. It sort of sticks and that won't be easy to deal with. Better to live without it, but you have to decide that yourself. Keep in touch.

Hi, I’m debating whether to try IV once I currently buy number 3 from darknet once or twice a year, normally smoke it sometimes snort. I have a disease that means I’m in pain all the time and currently take between 60-100mg of Oxycodone daily. So I know I’m addicted to opiates, I only started using H once I knew I was addicted through oxy. I consider my use of H as responsible and as a treat. Could IV’ing once be that bad, would I be hooked?
If you’re already sick and in pain throwing IV heroin into the mix is not advisable. Stick to snorting or smoking it... if you must do it. Play safe

What an amazing, enlightening, educational thread...all 84 long pages

For many years the idea of trying out heroin appealed to me.

The allure of forbidden fruit, the ultimate high, the crossing of the line, the heaven-like euphoria and the feeding of my curiosity all whispered to me to try heroin.

I thought I'd just try it once. Just once. I won't get addicted. It'll be fun. It'll be great and it will be just another experience to enjoy, to hold on to, to feel and remember.

I guess that's why I read this thread, to see what it was really like, from those who actually know.

After reading all the posts, the amazing highs along with the gut wrenching lows, the devastation, the harm, the hurt, the descent into the abyss, the physical addiction, the mental anguish and the untold misery of the love-hate relationship, I've learnt that it's not just me that has had this desire to try heroin, but it's people like me that think they could of tried it and then walked away. But the reality of the situation is quite the opposite.

Reading all the posts, in a strange type of way, feels like other parts of me in some kind of parallel-life (all of you who have posted) warning me away.

It was this 'I'll only do it once' mentality that I had.

I've learnt that it's just not worth it. Don't even try it once, keep well away.

I've a wonderful life. I'm healthy, fit, have a loving wife and little child, a growing business, empathy towards myself and others. I travel frequently, have a wonderful group of friends and extended family...everything is good

Thank you...thank you...thank you.

Thank you all for your wonderful posts and heartfelt plea's to warn people like me, to explain to people like me and to educate people like me.

You have taken the time to tell it how it really is. You have taken your time to share your experiences and you have taken your time to pour out your hearts; it has worked.

Thank you!!!