• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Personal Accounts of Addiction: What's YOUR Story?⫷

Hey. (Just testing to see if I can post. When I tried to make a thread in 'other drugs' on my phone, it wouldn't let me post it because there was not a way to select a thread prefix. Moderators please fix this!

either you're overlooking it or your cellular connection is somehow to blame, or the device itself. I don't have any issues doing what you attempted to do using my mobile devices.

Have you tried the "Switch to Desktop View" option? This isn't the place to discuss this, this thread is extremely important and we can't get side tracked here, and you're new to BL so welcome, but this is not the place to test posting. We do have an entire sub forum dedicated to test posts, thread creation, etc, you can find it on the main Bluelight page. Now, this thread back on topic please...

You have to be a comedian to survive all that shit , awesome writer too .. I'm a new bl user as of today , my user name says 13 years on opiates but just done some math and just worked out its 15 years on heroin 1999 ! Wow still hitting me now .33 years old still feel 19 years old from my first date with h , it is like a marriage your right . I seem to be on pause since I started , I'd love to know how you manage a career and habit , every time I have tried to stick a job I run out of money halfway thru the week , get sick and can't go in or can't get meds and that will be that , loose the will to work from all the dramas we go thru just to get there , it's just gas money and heroin money ,no gas then ok no drama but no money for h red alert . Miss days from work = arse fired . I live in England I'm on 60mls of methadone and 2 /3 bags a day of h , over here there's not as big a pill culture as over your way (unfortunately) . The quality over here is in my opinion horse shit , the dose of methadone is in my opinion not enough which is why it would be handy to say the least if there was a more available selection of pills so I could actually feel something as I don't from the h or methadone . Been chasing some non existent high for 15 years . I do want to get clean but ....my cats I'll . The heroin does nothing for me at all but can't part with it .Wish you luck for the 22 June 2015 .

Brief Background

I'm 23, male, down south pimpin. When I was young I always looked up to my brother and his friends. I was pretty much the only kid in third grade who sagged a pair of JNCO's and had long hair. They were party kids, drank, smoked, etc. I'd spend weekends at my "dad's" house (he was typically stoned, drunk, and passed out on the couch anyway), where my brother had an apartment next door. I did'nt start using until 14, but i had a working knowledge of drugs (sale, use, purchase) by the time I was 8 or 9. The first time I saw my brother trade a bag of pot to the pizza man in order to feed a party I thought being a dealer was pretty cool. They all thought it was pretty cool to have an 8 year old who dressed like them running around the parties and skating the complex parking lot with them. Fast forward to 14, my brother was no longer in my life and I was put into the largest high school in the state. 3800 kids is quite a bit, I'm sure there's schools with more but the point I'm trying to make is I knew nobody and I was alone. Depressed and bored I took to smoking pot, due to the fact that I knew the only time my parents were'nt beating each other they were stoned. I got drunk a good bit but alcohol was never my forte. My brother briefly entered my life again when he realized I was getting fucked up. He and his friends thought it was hilarious to see me coked up, rolling, xannied out or drunk. I experimented with those drugs then, couple times here and there but hard drugs scared me at that point and I didn't have much interest. I met my best friend in the circle in the woods by our school and we hit it off immediately. I threw a graduation party and he didn't leave for 4 years. He didn't have anywhere to go cause his mom was deceased and his dad was a crack head. We were inseparable, did everything together, including a summer binge on psychedelics that ultimately led to my addiction. We had a long run with e, lsd, dxm, research chemicals, amnita muscaria, lsa, ketamine and anything of the sort (combinations included). It was the most beautiful summer of my life. My dad left town for months on end and we had a house to ourselves, which at 18 when most kids can't smoke pot in their bedrooms at home was an excellent thing. The last time my best bud took acid with me we found out he had epilepsy. We took 4 hits a piece of the strongest blotter I have ever experienced. That night he convulsed, seized, and nearly died many times causing me to punch him in the chest to come back to life. He was full blow delirious, running through the streets half naked at 3 am and screaming at people who weren't there. I managed to keep us alive and the next day had a panic attack while smoking a cigarette and drinking an energy drink on my moms front porch. I was prescribed ativan and found my love for pharmaceuticals. The next 4 years of my life were spent slinging vicodin and abusing copious amounts of opana and valium, eventually "graduating" to heroin. My high school crush contacted me and we had a child and I decided it was time to sober up. I flushed my stash and found out the meaning of benzo withdrawal and opiate paws. that was a year ago, the torment still continues. I stopped the valium last september and have been fuct ever since. as far as opiates go, I have been clean since valentines day of this year. What a fuck job.

Substance(s)

opies and valium. too many research chemicals to name. I've smoked meth and crack, done and sold my fair share of coke, weed by the buttload of course, drank a good bit, and pretty much any pharmaceutical you can name I've tried at least once. I've IV'ed heroin a few times but only when others could put the needle in me and managed to stop before that got way too out of hand. k, dxm, cid, e, amnita, lsa, ayahusca, psilocybin mushrooms, lsd, and a few others that will come back to me when I get my memory back.

Duration of Addiction/Dependence

A total of 4-4 1/2 years

Adverse Effects

I never knew the torture of benzo withdrawal was possible. I had no fucking idea that a human body could endure so much torture. I lived on diet sprite and no sleep for the first 6 months clean. I forgot how to function until recently. Learning how to read again sucks. Losing your wife and child because you got clean sucks even more. being too weak to punch the doctor who prescribed in to you in the dick is pretty bad too. feeling your muscles convert into glucose all the time sucks. erectile dysfunction at the age of 23 sucks. Cold turkey was a very bad idea. Not being warned that withdrawal can last for years is something i cannot forget, and something that would have saved me years of torment, anger, despair, loss, terror and slow rehabilitation. opiates are much more addictive, but they will never make you hallucinate your ex-wife's face in the mirror and on your 54 year old father. Creepy on so many levels.

Warnings and Advice

If you're thinking about abusing benzos, don't. If you're thinking about talking to a doctor about your anxiety, don't. meditate instead. drink some freaking beer every now and then. heard it's pretty popular. If you think you can sell vicodin and not abuse it, you're wrong. If you ever take a substance and by onset of the drug think to yourself "I could have a problem with this", stop taking it. Otherwise you eventually will.

Miscellaneous

Hard drugs suck. Nobody wants to be a junkie, it's the hardest job in the world.

Last edited:
(Please excuse length, it sort of took on a life of its own)

BRIEF (ish) BACKGROUND

I grew up in a fairly religious homeschooled family, so my access to drugs was minimal growing up. From the age of 12 I joined Air Cadets (for those of you outside the British Commonwealth, it is a quasi-military organization that prepares teens to enter one of the service branches of the (in my case Air Force). My focus was getting my pilots licence and then going the Royal Millitary College to become a fighter pilot. As such, any contact with an illegal substance, if cought, would kibosh those plans. I got my pilots licence through cadets on my 17th birthday, and on my 18th enlisted in the Air Force as a flight instructor for cadets. Once again, drugs were out of the question. That is, with one big exception: Everyone drank like Bukowski. Soon as classes were done we’d occupy our time getting loaded, riding the control tower spotlight naked, dragging a burning church down the runway towed by a truck (the burning couch sat several daring pilots, the last to tuck/ jump/ roll earning a place of honor on the mess hall wall.

Coming from a conservative Christian environment, was a taste of freedom I had been longing for. I outdid even the craziest of my peers. In spite of this frat boy behavior, drugs were barely spoken of.

Three years of working with the Air Force, and I took a job for the Minister of Justice (the Conservatives had just won their initial election) and through connections to the party I was offered a job drawing up the ministers press releases/ speeches. I was at that point 22, and getting ready for my first drug experience. Little did I know beforehand, but in the burning the candle at both ends world of politics, cocaine is the servant that dare not speak its name.

A staffer for the mayor of a major Canadian City was the first to ask, nonchalantly, if I liked to party. I answered with a definitive yes, not realizing I would be locked in a bathroom with him moments later and a toilet seat of coke staring back at me. It was an amazing experience. And finally I had found a way to maintain my nonstop drinking far beyond the usual floor hitting moment.

I continued using coke a few times a months with a wide variety of staffers, two MPs, and a city councilor. All the while, by day, writing press releases announcing a ramping up of the war on drugs. The outright two faced nature of the work I was in eventually (on top of the stress levels) led me to resign.

After the political work, I spent time working for pollsters, think tanks, and a mental health advocacy group ( this time I had been diagnosed as bipolar).

While working one summer helping out a friend, I discovered opiates for the first time in the form of OxyContin. It changed my life. The cloud of depression that followed me from adolescence would life with one sniff. I decided then and there that this was the solution to everything.

I had always been incredibly anxious, (whilst providing an outside appearance of stability), junk changed everything.

DURATION OF ACTION/ DEPENDENCE

As to the coke, my first experience came soon after my 22nd Birthday and carried on periodically (1-3 times a month) for about two years. Upon the start of my romance with opiates, my coke intake went to pretty much nothing (I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve used since 2007) Most of this of course went along with the decline in alcohol use that went with the increased opiate use (does everyone stop drinking when they start using opiates? I would place it high on the list of reasons to begin using, especially if alcohol is a problem for you)

The opiate use started off slowly, once or twice a week for a few months, until punishment eventually caught up with me. The work vehicle I was driving was involved in an accident, and as it was getting repaired, the tech found a flap of coke and showed it to my employer. Even the coke wasn’t mine (I hadn’t used for about a year at that point, I wouldn’t rat on who I knew it was. My thought was that it wouldn't be a big deal. My boss, a conservative christian, had different views. After trying to get me into a year long christian rehab, we agreed I’d attend the provincial addictions program, a 30 day inpatient 12 step based program.

I may not have had a serious habit going in, but I left a card carrying junkie. Up until rehab, I hadn’t touched a needle. Not out of fear, I just didn’t quite know how to turn a 40/80mg oxy into a shootable solution. That cahnged on the first day of rehab. Another patient asked if I wanted to get high, so I said sure. That night we went to the same AA meeting together in a church basement. We excused oursleves at different times and went to the bathroom. He had two clear works, and he showed me exactly how it was done, eventually easing the needle into me arm and pushing the plunger into paradise. I knew at that point this was life from now on.

I got drug tested once in rehab, just a day after I had shot up. It showed negative. After thirty days of remaining coherent and breathing, passed the program with flying colors, getting my bronze thirty days sober ship and leaving more hooked that I came in.

I eventually was able to get an Rx from my Dr. for Oxy and kept up my habit for about a year and a half. After that, the government got strict on harm reduction prescriptions and told my Dr. to cut me off and put me on methadone. Not much to say about that, I hated it and as soon as my first dose began decreasing until I was off. Since I’d lost contact with my previous dealers, I just started drinking heavily again, which eventually led to me losing my job.

I started working out of the city at a couple who ran an outdoor gaming centre. They gave me room an board for doing general yard work, fixing up the house and help with the games, for which they paid me. Two weeks after living with them, I found out she had Rx’s for Dilaudid and Fentanyl, and wanted to know if I knew anywhere she could sell it. It felt like I’d stumbled on a leather bag stuffed with $100 bills on the side of the road.

I immediately began shooting the dilaudids (4mg pills, usually 2 at a time, 20 times a day). I soon found two people who could buy them from me as well, and for a while things were going great. I had all the drugs I could need and was even making money on the side. This lasted until the woman (very unstable), began to think that I was going to kill her dog? Don’t ask, wierd story.

Anyway, they continues selling me the product, and, although they doubled the price they were charging once they found out what the stuff was really like (I think they used BL, lol). One day I had none of the Dilaudid left, and only a couple of fentanyl patches. I had never tried using them before, so I called the customer who bought them regularly and asked for his to come show me how to use them. He obliged, and I watched carefully as he used a ruler and razor to cut a piece off the 100mcg patch, placed it sticky side down on a large spoon, and squirted .8 CCs of Acetic Acid (Vinegar) on the spoon. WIth a lighter, he carefully boiled it down to apx .2 CCs, and drew it back into the syringe.

I took the syringe, and slowly pushed it into a vein in upper arm, pulling gently on the plunger as a small cloud of blood crept into the syringe. I can still remember the sharp pain that followed the vinegar entering my bloodstream, but that pain was followed by the most unimaginable bliss.

From that point forward, I spend the next three years shooting fentanyl nearly every day. nI as able to maintain a job as a architectural hardware consultant (examining and approving architectural openings for fire safety) I also re entered the methadone program, keeping myself on a low enough dose so as I could still get high on the fentanyl (in my case it was 40mg, which kept the worst of the sickness away if I had no access, and not interfering with the high too much with the fentanyl.

Due to a falling out with my dealer, I have been off fentanyl for the last six months. I think about it all the time, but on a positive note its allowed my bank coffers to expand.

ADVERSE EFFECTS

For Fentanyl, if you're shooting it the way I was, say goodbye to your surface veines. I the vinegar mixture seems to put them out of commission very quickly. I also suffered a kidney failure halfway through my using period , and although I mentioned to the Dr. the fentanyl and ROA, he said it probably had nothing to do with it, but I have my doubts.

One of the biggest warnings though, is KNOW YOUR DOSE. It is very difficult to determine how much drug you are actually getting out of a patch, and just a small difference can make the difference between life and overdose.

MISCELLANEOUS

I believe I’ve interspersed warnings and advise throughout the pretty muc TL;DR pages above, so I’ll end with a call to arms, if you will.

When I think of the risks of drug use, overdose, collapsed veins, blood borne virus, incarceration, the astronomical sums of money spent, I realize that all are result of prohibition. My use has led me to rehab, to a court imposed treatment program, all of this would not have happened if we had safe, legal, and unimpeded access to the drugs that we believe bring us the most happiness. What we do with our own bodies is a deeply personal , and some would say sacred realm. And the good news? People seem to be realizing that , especially when it comes to marijuana. What will help to bring about change for the drugs people consider hard, is for high functioning addicts to go out and spread the the word. Just like the gay rights movement achieved so much success in such a short time is the fact that they pushed celebrities and regular people to come out, letting the world know that not only is there nothing to be scared of, their heros and friends are gay.

That Berlin Wall moment is coming, lets give it a push

(If you made it to the end, I commend you)

Brief Background

For the reader's sake I will summarize..

I was always a good kid. I stayed out of trouble for the most part, kept decent grades.. It was great. Until I hit middle school. I was beaten by my mother(DA). Everything changed. I was bullied most days. Forced into fighting. Belittled. Used and outcast by my 'friends'. After flunking all three years I quit in 8th grade when I was given the choice between work or school.. Left with little responsibility, I began to explore other things.

Substance(s)

I started typically at 15 smoking pot. Which led me to prescription pills then ecstacy, cocaine, acid, DDs such as bath salts and 'legal' pot. and crystal meth...

Although I don't consider weed as one of my addictions I still use it to this day.
--5 yrs

The pills, coke, acid etc. I quit.
--2 yrs

Crystal... It was on and off and just a whenever thing. But the last months it has become more frequent..
--3 yrs

Adverse Effects

Aside from everything else, speed has taken a toll on my mental capabilities. I forget things as soon as I hear it. (I started keeping a notebook & pen on me) I lose train of thought. I find myself not making any sense or ceasing to talk while in conversation.. I am losing not only my mind.. but the trust of my family. My morality. Motivation. My will. Peace of mind. Yet I don't want to stop. Why?....

Warnings and Advice

I'm no one to give advice or preach on any terms, but I will say this.
I have come to realize that no matter how strongly willed you are anyone has a chance of falling into habits.. Also it depends on how you handle the situation. In a nutshell. Keep a good head. Stay on your responsibilities and remain in control. You can do a little something here and there.. Never go below your morals to do it and don't let it affect the ones you care for. That's when it becomes a problem. Its all about how you handle yourself..
You only become an addict if you let yourself. Never do drugs if you cant handle it or if you aren't prepared to accept consequence. Never be pressured or feel you have to..

Miscellaneous

Nothing to add. Except apologies for rambling a bit... I would like to share more and go deeper into detail but nobody likes a talkative tweaker.. snifffff*.
It felt good to get this out though I would like to see more doing the same.

Last edited:
- Back In 2008 (I was 12 years old at the time.) I was starting to have severe back and nerve pain. was diagnosed with scoliosis, spondylolisthesis, fractured and chipped bones located in lower back, fractured tail bone, Spinal stenosis, and pinched nerve. I was 12 years old and just wanted to be out of pain. so I saw a orthopedic and he diagnosed me with that stuff above. After numerous MRI's, xrays, ctscans, I was put in physical therapy and pain management by my pediatric doctor. He Prescribed me Lortab 7.5 4 times a day. As long as my mom dispensed them to me since I was so young. I was like sure, since I had no idea what it was. I remember the first time I took one. It was the best feeling in the world. Similar to a full body orgasm was what i thinking at the time. a 7.5 lortab can do alot to 90 pound kid you know? and after that i just became addicted. I would take them to middle school with me and stay high all day. when I ran short from my own lortab I would either get my mom to give me money and buy morphine for 30 bucks a piece from one of her friends (she had no idea) to keep me from being sick. by this time I was 14 and fully addicted to Opiates. If I couldn't buy them I'd steal my mom's Oxy I.R.'s , morphine, Or suboxone and save the strips for when i needed them. On top of all this at age 15 I was hospitalized in the hospital with severe panic attack and seizures due to a allergic reaction to ADHD medicine Vyvanse which was prescribed to me by my doctor who thought i had add but actually have anxiety. Ever since then I got hooked on Xanax. started at .5 MG 6 times a day . Now I'm at 1 mg 3 times a day. I don't take them to get high though. In my freshman year I was expelled due to my opiate use. I'll explain why In the last section of this.

Substance(s)
- Hydrocodone abuse everyday and Is my drug of choice. (Vicoprofen, Vicodin, Lortab) Oxycodone, Morphine, Tylenol 3, Suboxone)

- I've been addicted since 2008 and was 12 years old, Now I'm 18. So I've been addicted for 6 years.

Adverse Effects
- Opiate use has nearly KILLED ME. I really want everyone to read this last part please. From 2008 to January of 2014 I was consuming 2,000 to 6,000 MG of tylenol a day from the Norco 10/325s i was abusing. Finally in January of 2014 my body couldn't take it anymore. I had taken 20 10/325 Norco in just less than 24 hours. It was new years and I wanted to have a good time, after taking 10 within 20 minutes i began puking, passing out, confused, and I knew what I did to myself. I knew I had hurt my liver. I thought my whole life I wouldn't be that person with liver problems. I had to tell my mom I had virus and that's why i was puking. In march of this year I got my monthly blood work done and my doctor said I had Liver Damage and was confused at first why. she said it could have been the depakote and Norco being taken together (it wasn't it was me overdosing) so she took me off the depakote and switched me from norco to Vicoprofen. In june I had an ultrasound done and was told I had fatty liver disease. I was feeling so bad, Fatigue, upper left stomach pain, fullness, numbness, bruising. I was depressed. I had a laundry list of more symptoms but It's too much. I couldn't stand or walk for no longer then 15 minutes. But, Finally this month I began to feel better a little bit everyday, I changed my diet to a liver healthy diet, No Tylenol Or Alcohol intake. And I was told this week that my liver only has moderate damage and is a little swollen. I'm very happy about this. Basically the point I'm trying to make is My addiction has nearly killed me, not intentionally but it did almost.
Warnings and Advice
- My Biggest warning is IF YOU ARE ADDICTED TO PERCOCET/NORCO/VICODIN/LORTAB. DON'T TAKE MORE THEN 650 MG OF TYLENOL AT ONE TIME. Better yet Take a different opiate. If you love hydro then just simply ask to be switched to Vicoprofen (hydro/ibuprofen) or if you love percocet then get the Oxy I.R.s with no tylenol in them. And more advice would be to not get on opiates if you don't have to or know your limits. Don't think you're invincible , NOONE IS.
Do you have any advice or warnings that you would like to share to those suffering from addiction or are playing with fire?
As you read about my liver damage that would be my lesson to you guys. You are playing with fire if you take those pills.
Miscellaneous

- I'm still very much addicted to Opiates. I mainly Take Hydrocodone/Ibuprofen 7.5 MG Up to 50 MGs a day. Also Opiates caused me to be expelled from high school in my freshman year. I had brought an extra prescription I had for 60 Lortab 10/500's and everyone noticed i had them. And wanted some so I did. I knew I wouldn't get caught. I never did. I always brung pink oxy 10s to school would pop 4 or 5 at time in english class and P.E. class. So it never worried me. But at the last period of school in Algebra class 2 officers and the principal entered the room. I immediately knew It was for me and i was caught. I was so high I didn't really care at the time. I was numb to the situation. I was still confused on how they found out and they ended up telling me someone told on me. I got a phone call later that day after I sobered up and it was from my ex gf. She said she was sorry but she told on me. I was so mad and upset with her. I told her she ruined my life. The reason She told on me is Because I had cheated on her with a guy. Because I'm gay. and She still wanted me anyways. Being gay and liking men played a big role in my addiction. It was a way from me to escape and deny being gay. Now I'm in my Senior year of high school and Am still very much addicted to Opiates. I'm high right now as I'm typing this. I hope someone sees my story lol. This is my story about being an opiate addict. Thanks, Chandler.

PS. Feel Free to message me :) I'm good at advice with drugs especially with opiates. or if you need a friend I'm here. and same with me, it'd be nice to talk to some of you guys.

Ok this all started w/me being VERY adversly affected by my father deserting us. Thisl eft my mother who had to work and left to my own devices. I always liked to say I hung w/ 3 different crowds. My regular classmates who at the time were bland and boring,the jocks who let me play ball because I was good enough and then the 2 y/older group the heads. These people were already getting high either by drinking or smoking weed or even some huffing Carbona clothes cleaner. I liked the excitement of going to concerts and since my mom lost most control I went to hundreds at the Fillmore East or up at New Paltz. Now my drug use was weed for the most part until Quaaludes hit the scene and changed me forever. They were my courage pills and we did just about everything high on them , but I degress. Before Ludes in high school I was introduced to a dollar bag of heroin when dope was white real and strong. I said like most only 1 time a week, which turned into 3 which after 2/3 weeks the drug had you. As you know w/o it every cell in your body is screaming for the drug to fix you and if not all the w/d sysmtoms set in and it's a long and disgusting list. After ODing for the 3rd time it was Methadone for me which did work as the cycle of copping stopped and was able to work. I knew was not on high maintanence and finally it as time to leave and I got my vacation doses and left the east coast for a trip west. During the trip the bottles spoiled and that was the end of it. I did some Pepto, Kaopectate Tylenol and w/o truelly suffering because the vacation doses were at the least strenght because I was weining already. While out west I refrained totally from opioids and went for the ludes. I was in a major accident which needed morphine and aftercare narcs which brought it all back but still did not ever do heroin again. Time passes my body is falling apart and w/ arthritis,knee replacements, and rotator cuff surgeries again brings back the narcs. I started to go to a dr. who gave me #60 30mg Oxys for months besides what my surgeon ever gave me and he was just as generous w/ #70 10mg percocettes pre op and post op. I began to get sick because I could never stick to the script and went on SUBOXONE. This drug works as advertised and if weined correctly I think you can kick it way easier than any other drug or anti/drug. Problem w/ the U.S. now is the proliferation of these so called pain clinics where you show an x-ray and get what you want. People treat these pills like they are Quaaludes and are so so wrong and find out real quick how bad and fast your addicted big time and being a pharmacutical I believe much harder to kick. Also when you try to kick it gets no easier but harder the more attempts and the older you get. When I got dope sick off of pills it was so bad I almost went into convolusions besides the crawling skin, stinking sweat, insomnia, lack of appatite, muscle and stomach cramps, terminal diarrea, and what ever else. It's a nightmare, stay away from those pain clinics and if really hurt please follow your pain mgmt regime. If not stabilizing your doc will adjust accordingly.

My experience with the majestic / pure evil poppy plant (pods to be exact)

first, a brief background

to start, I'd like to think I am In a somewhat strange case.... I come from a catholic (well until I was confirmed) background, raised by loving parents in a typical Midwest, middle income family. In addition, aside from some binge drinking in my early 20s (college), and a single joint of pot while drunk at a party, I was always and adamantly drug free. I had always vowed to never touch the stuff. However, after a dental surgery my wife (then girlfriend) had, she was prescribed Percocet. Sharing my sentiment, I don't think she took one of them the whole time - definitely not enough for that true euphoria you get. Anyway, fast forward a few months, and me not wanting to drink one night we went bowling I asked her if I could try a few Percocet and see if it's lighten my mood and let me have a little fun while we were there, since I was DD... Figured it'd wear off after my 3 or so hours at the alley. Felt ok, nothing crazy tho. However, the curiosity was now there. Over the next month I would try it once in a while and my productivity went through the ROOF. between those stints and an every now and then dip in to the vikes and perks she had, the feeling was an absolute wonder - something I had never felt before.

That said, the scripts ran out, and luckily with my sporadic use, no withdrawals came from it. However looking back on it, I started searching for "legal" opie highs. And of course, I found poppy pods. Ordered a small bunch for the fuck of it, and not only was it just as awesome, it lasted longer. Over the next year I found myself using on weekends, knowing though EXTENSIVE research that the frequency I was using would prevent withdrawals. Plus I had an active social life which kept it off my mind most of the time.

I kept this up for a year. We got married (which with my nervousness I was, of course, high at my wedding which I hate myself for) went to Jamaica for 2 weeks and it was the best time of my life, completely opie free (had a little Jamaican green of course, but just once haha).

This is where things went from slippery slope to hell. My wife was accepted to med school in az. I had to leave all my friends and go love with her in az for at least 4 years. I also was able to keep my job in software, but. Now worked from home. With all this time on my hands, boredom became regular. I would exercise, but then opened a PO box and ordered a bit there. With nothing to do, my habit increased. I had a very light withdrawal phase which I was able to keep semi- at bay with vigorous exercise when the restlessness became too much. However the more I found pods made me more productive at work, the more I justified using them. Well, with my wife having to be gone most of every day and completely sucked in to her studies, I would make tea and program, and that's it. As we all know, that is NOT it. Weekends became a couple days a week, and one extremely busy week of work became 5 days in a row. Now I have to withdrawal while trying to work programming.

Well, we all know where this goes. It's been about 3 years since moving to az, and I am now a daily user. Note that NOONE knows of my addiction, I've kept It very secret. Due to pod variations I have no clue what my tolerance is, but I grind up 5 to 8 pods larger than a golf ball to live and get a minor buzz if I throw some nicotine from an ecig in (note, aside from casual cigars I NEVER smoked... Now I'm daily on these cigs).

adverse affects etc

I've attempted to quit many times. My first attempt from a heavier habit, documented here in my past posts, sucked but I made it about a month before the idea of chipping hit my mind. I quit again, quickly with some lope, and it was virtually painless.... What a terrible thing. It got me chipping and finally fully addicted again. Since then I've been a daily user for 2 years with 5 to 8 pods depending on size. Stress at work keeps me going on them, my productivity is in rough shape after 5 promotions, and my wife and I have had immense troubles from my mood swings, so much so we took a break and while that's over things just aren't the same. Despite my promotions the rising costs of pods have me way behind on just about everything, and I'm barely holding on to everything I worked so hard for. I've gained almost 100 pounds and sex is basically nonexistent now. So adverse affects? Every part of your life. I hate waking up knowing without my dose I'm going to start sweating, being anxious and all in all useless - with my demanding job it's impossible.

Move to Monday. Pods seized by customs. Used my last dose available, with no backup Monday morning for work. I call in sick Tuesday, take a lot of time prepping a plan to survive until Wednesday when my next batch comes in. I pop a few klonopin I got prescribed that day and my mood is happy. Tuesday rolls around and I'm surprisingly normal feeling... I chalk it up to half life and decide I will sleep though the day. I have some seroquel I borrowed and my kpins, pop some at 5 and aside from some maddening rls, I pass out.

I wake up this morning confused... Vary mild withdrawal if any, and just lethargic feeling. Pods come today and when they arrive, and knowing this week I HAVE to get my work done, I sadly use.. Stupid, I think. I feel good, but I wonder what tomorrow morning will feel like.. Could be scary and awful, or not, who knows. I'm over 36 hours in to a kick and feel like I'm 72 or more as I have felt next to no withdrawals... Although from hour about 24 to 36 I'm knocked out from seroquel.

Anyway, I type this from a bath, having dosed myself on pods feeling great but guilty and stupid. However I have some optimism that if I plan my withdrawal end of the month (time off, alone) I might be able to do it. Please, if you are thinking of doing any opiate, be careful. If possible, just don't. I think back to those percocets and wish more than anything that they never made their way in my life... I'll probably post updates over the next couple days in a thread separate from this one, but is know for sure I want to quit - this was an unplanned detox, but it forced me to get as many tools as possible to help in the future, so I'm going to use them in my kick end of this month.

In the end, this has drained my finances, ruined my credit score, obliterated my trust with family and friends, and I haven't even truly lost anything significant yet. Just know finding the time to withdrawal, especially if you're employed is incredibly difficult. It is a hell of a fun ride at the beginning, but in the end, it is your slave master and it will steal everything from you.

I have much more detail to share but I have to go to work. I applaud anyone going through the hell wds I went through the first time.. Keep strong, and if you've never done them, stay the hell away if you can... Smoke pot or something. I promise you, as absolutely mind blowing as the initial experience is, that honeymoon phase is gone quick.

Mods, feel free to move this if it belongs somewhere else... Peace

Can anyone help me please..and I mean help not judge..my sons mate who's only 15 needs some help, not an excuse but his been through some fucking shit, and his family don't help hence the drugs, but his trying to turn it round I've write it for him as best I could..for the past 3 year I've been taking harder drugs..mostly MDMA and Speed..everyone on here knows how the cookie crumbles..started taking mdma like once every 2 weeks..not long after would be twice a week, and so forth I normally take 2 grams when we do it..and I used to sniff a lot of it, which at the time didn't really notice any damage, apart From I couldn't smell anything, still can't really, but yeah I managed to swerve the Mandy..as everyone was saying it was now a problem for me, I didn't think so at the time, It definitely was..either way I moved on to other shit..but mainly speed..So to the topic I inesially was gonna talk about :') the speed I get is decent..it's base..so strong stuff..and eventually just to sniff it in general..either way when i was looking in the mirror earlier I noticed something..and yeah to my shock..all the middle bit of my inside nose has been like pretty much eaten away..I never noticed cause you can't see really unless you go looking..just wanna know what I can do..cause I feel dirty and disgusted..also my back of throat has gone all like red raw stripes, don't hurt, but then today suddenly this lump appeared on my neck under the skin, not like a spot lol I can tell the difference (I sniffed far to much last 2 days and I know that) and then my glands have all flamed up then another lump has appeared..restricting my breating abit, really hard to swallow, and just uncomfortable in general...does anyone know if this is linked with it..and just any help in general..on stuff I've brought up as that really would help me out so much..thank you x

My addiction started when I was real real young I had gotten a prescription for vicoden. I had already been smoking pot drinking and doing semi hard drugs. I kept getting prescribed pain killers and began to realize i was hooked and my tolerance was building so I decided it was time to cold turkey quit. After a few hours the withdrawal got to painful so I went and rigged up a syringe and shot up. I immediately loved it and that started to be the olny way I used. I upgraded to Percocet then morphine I then went to rehab against my will. After getting out I began doing the worst opiate of them all. Years later im still stuck in my use

Started doing meth 6 years ago to lose weight. Never lost the weight :( I've done it for the last 6 years on and off, just every now and then so i wouldn't gain a tolerance lol yeah i was very naive.. Still am sometimes. Now no matter how much i do i don't feel a thing.. even though it's been 7 months since I've done it, i tried it again and still didn't feel anything.. Very irritating..

I've always had a certain predilection towards narcotics, but it wasn't til midway through university that my issues began. It began with heightened anxiety leading on towards insomnia, I would go for a whole week without sleeping, hallucinating quite a bit towards the end. My girlfriend eventually made me go to the doctors, where they gave me a cursory inspection and put it down to stress. I got some nice SSRIs and a short-term prescription for diazepam, and was sent home. Over the next month I used a very low dose (2mg) of diazepam about an hour before bed, and it worked so well. By the end of the month people were commenting on how well I looked, how positive my demeanor had become, but what I remember most was my girlfriend not worrying anymore, in fact, she was happy for the first time in a long, long time. Then my GP cut my prescription after the allotted four weeks. I tried to stick it out with the SSRIs but all they did was over-stimulate me, and after three months and I was a wreck. I had to be hospitalized several times and each time the treatment was the same, wheel me in, hold me down, pump a couple of ampoules of valium into my arm and send me home.

I was tired of relying on doctors, tired of terrifying my poor girlfriend, and tired of seeing my grades (and mind) slip. I began buying diazepam online from India, it was so cheap and it came in 10mg pills which was handy. But that was my ultimate downfall, the ease of acquiring and strength of the tablets eventually saw me taking far more than the recommended dose. I would have taken 20-30mgs by midday, and like hell was I going to sleep without about 50mgs in me. No one but my girlfriend knew of my addiction, but even though I was a little dozy sometimes it was better in almost every other way; my appetite had improved, we could communicate better, I stopped drinking and started taking her out to nice restaurants, my grades had improved, even my sex drive! We were both so content. I didn't even realise anything was wrong.

One night my 'over-seas pharmacist' went quiet, and the next few days saw me going cold turkey. I began fitting and was rushed to ER, where they treated me like a criminal . They advised me to taper off, due my the severity of my withdrawals, and sent me home without any mention of a follow-up appointment. Over the next couple of years I continued my habit, switching to etizolam for convenience, but my health was in decline, and after about six failed attempts to taper and two very serious seizures, my girlfriend (who had since become my fiance) and I separated. I made an attempt on my life and was referred to a psychiatric nurse who diagnosed me with several disorders that I won't go into.

For the first time in my life I got actual help from medical professionals that wasn't simply a script and split. My disorders are now thankfully under control but the deep sadness over the love of my life leaving me led me down darker paths. I'm now a heroin user, not addicted yet but its only a matter of time.

tl;dr

Brief Background

Insomniac who suffers from co-morbid psychosis, anxiety attacks, depersonalization and a myriad of other obscure illnesses.

Substance(s)

I've tried quite a few, but the addiction was benzodiazepines.

Around 3 years.

Adverse Effects

Seizures, rebound symptoms, personal loss.

Warnings and Advice

I'm not exactly the most accurate moral compass, but I would recommend seeking second opinions, rather than taking things into your own hands after one or two negative/incompetent doctors; remember, they aren't infallible.

Last edited:
Im addicted to xanax. I will break free though shortly.

Piece of cake..
Anyway.. every post is way too long.
If you´ve gone through University you know you have to try your best to shoot it in 15 short lines..
My loss I guess

Last edited:
Anyway.. every post is way too long.
If you´ve gone through University you know you have to try your best to shoot it in 15 short lines..
My loss I guess

Pardon? Was that addressed to me? If so, I included a 'tl;dr' (too long; didn't read) segment for just such an eventuality.

No I don´t remember you. But thanks for the suggestions. And good luck!:)

Last edited:
I am give or take a year or two, around 60 years old.

I was addicted to alcohol, and went into abstinence at age 33. Twenty eight years clean and sober. HOWEVER, I WAS ALSO ADDICTED TO USA
METHAQUALONE from age 23 until age 33. I am a semi retired Psychologist, and former Airline employee of the USA. I have read studies in the
early 1990's from inpatient treatment centers, that, former addicts of Methaqualone, such as the now worldwide ban on this sedative, once called
Quaalude, Parest, Sopor (USA) Norma Nox (Germany) and Mandrax (Canada, UK, and France) the former addicts, had by far the hardest time finding
peace of mind, during in patient treatment of 4 to 6 weeks, and, years of followup, with these same patients. (Citation no available at this time)

I do believe this....as I have returned to use of legal benzo's like Roche Valium, Roche Rivotril, Pfizer Tafil and the benzo Alprazolam, extensively, the
past 3 years, and the euphoria is absolutely no longer there for me. My Lude to tolerance many years was 1,800 mg per day and my Diazepam tolerance
was 80 mg a day...........yet nearly 30 years later, I get very little relief from insomnia, and from chronic anxiety and PTSD. I feel in layman's terms that
my brain got warped in my 20's and early 30's from abuse from those very addictive substances, especially Methaqualone, and, "toot" powdered white lady
(coke).

Benzo's in the tropical Caribbean Islands of North America

Benzo's are widely available in the Greater Antilles, "the windward islands" in December of 2014.

HOWEVER, ONE MUST HAVE A FACE TO FACE WITH A BONA FIDE MEDICAL DOCTOR.

I WILL NOT MENTION THE TRADE NAMES, GENERIC NAMES, OR, THE PRICES I PAID FOR THE M.D VISIT,
OR TO THE PHARMACIES.

I WILL ONLY MENTION, THAT APPROPRIATE DOSES, FOR A 4 WEEK VACATION WERE DISPENSED..........
FROM THE PHARMACEUTICAL FIRMS, SUCH AS SANDOZ, CENTRA FARM, APOTEX...NOW A DIVISION OF
FORMER SWITZERLAND's PHARMCHEMIE, WITH THE PARENT HDQTRS TEVA OF ISRAEL.

the quality in general is superior to IOP's in the worldwide marketplace. I always have a USA face to face
consultation, with a USA Psychiatrist, and a USA M.D of Internal Medicine, with very strict limits on the dose
the USA Medical Doctors dispense to me. I love the friendly people of the Caribbean Sea. the "Windward islands"

BEWARE IOP'S WORLDWIDE ARE AT LEAST 50% COUNTERFEIT, IN THE PAST 5 or 6 years, and it is not worth it anymore.