• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth ⫸Methamphetamine Megathread⫷

@tricomb: you are welcome,
that is a medical explanation on artery-block, cough unblocks it but one day it might not,
I cant say that its gonna affect everyone. Every person response different on drug,
My close and i might say best friend has been injecting and vaporizing methamphetamine and methcathinone for more than 20 years.
He has knowledge in chemistry so he was making his own for last 15 years more or less(strictly for personal use),
because he was afraid of water soluble garbage, the impurity in meth that could give you a nasty blood clot, anyway,
everyday for past 20yrs, he IVs once a day, and smokes few tokes here and there.
He is 39 yrs old body-builder and professional personal trainer, im guessing he weights 200+lbs still working out at the gym hour to two every day,
never had problems with his lungs or body, or mind. Never had cough or flu or any weird sickness, no depressions.
And sometimes you see folks that have been shooting meth for 6 month and they look something like corpses from horror movies.
dystrophy skinny with peeled wounds and rashes and cuts and abscess,
So for some people IV meth is beneficial but for others its a sneaky trap into deep rabbit hole that you can`t control and can`t get out 8(

Yeah I have some friends like that, it's crazy! Like I have one friend who, same as your friend, makes his own crystal and is healthy as can be.
Another friend has been doing multiple grams of heroin, over 120mg oxymorphone, OC, dilaudid, for decades and he doesn't even get withdrawals when he stops using cold turkey. Literally he's a freak of nature!

@MissApril: Also, everytime after you IV meth you probably have a little cough(feels like something stuck in your throat for a second that makes you cough) while rushing...
This cough is blockage of the main artery of the lung, daily IV meth users are likely to develop pulmonary embolism (P.E)
(thats why i stopped injecting for awhile.. Now days i IV it once every week or so)

That's weird that you say that..I just had my first IV last year (an actual hospital IV, I was getting my tonsils out) and I was coughing like crazy the second they put it in. I thought I was having some kind of allergic reaction but I ended up fine and the surgery went well,just very weird..I have always wondered why that happened and now I'm curious as to what exactly was in that IV lmao jk

What about the IV meth causes blockage in your lungs arteries?
Cuts, pill byproducts from poorly made meth. I think I heard some of the cotton filter gets into the bloodstream. It'd be best to use a micron filter, but cotton filters are still better than nothing, even if it looks clear and dissolves right away.

Also meth can sometimes cause pulmonary hypertension, not as commonly as fenfluramine, methylaminorex or aminorex.

Meth can also cause tics, sometimes the tic is coughing for no reason.

I have always felt that "cough" like reaction from IV methamphetamine, however I also tasted a really bitter taste for a flash of a second, I theorized this was similar to "tasting heroin" when IVing it.
I didn't use IV methamphetamine frequently enough to cause a pulmonary embolism, nor do I plan on repeating the IV methamphetamine experience any time soon.

Cuts, pill byproducts from poorly made meth. I think I heard some of the cotton filter gets into the bloodstream. It'd be best to use a micron filter, but cotton filters are still better than nothing, even if it looks clear and dissolves right away.

Also meth can sometimes cause pulmonary hypertension, not as commonly as fenfluramine, methylaminorex or aminorex.

Meth can also cause tics, sometimes the tic is coughing for no reason.

the cut that goes with meth is bad for health big time, but even 99.9% Pure pharmaceutical methamphetamine hydrochloride if injected intravenous in doses exceeding 25mg will cause temporary PE.
coguh is just a natural human body defense mechanism to unblock the blocked artery(PE) when artery or its venous branch gets blocked, subconsciously your lungs send signal to brain thats something is wrong.. brain receives that signal and makes you cough so the air will push out whatever blocks the artery.
that happens in half second if not less
you right, it does cause pulmonary hypertension, but only from vaporizing amphetamines, and you need to smoke couple grams daily for many many years to give yourself PH that way, sooo IV meth causes Temporary PE that could turn into chronic one with abuse
Vaping Meth causes PH with heavy abuse over long period,
on other hand there are no evidence that oral intake of methamphetamine causes any of those :\
Micron filters are best for sure. The worse filter to use its cigarette filter.. ohhh man nasty nasty filters, it made mostly out of fibreglass and when its wet small particles detach and gets inside syringe. and you can#t see them. I dont think intravenous fibreglass injections are healthy.lol.

Last edited:
That's weird that you say that..I just had my first IV last year (an actual hospital IV, I was getting my tonsils out) and I was coughing like crazy the second they put it in. I thought I was having some kind of allergic reaction but I ended up fine and the surgery went well,just very weird..I have always wondered why that happened and now I'm curious as to what exactly was in that IV lmao jk

Actually i can tell you exactly what was in that IV, ;)
Sounds like you had tonsilectomy, i believe thats the name of surgery,
If you are not allergic to opiates, its most likely was fentanyl nitrate and propofol in saline solution. its not meth but you got good mix for sure =D
Thats what they usually give in all hospitals over North America and most Europe during minor surgeries, fentanyl as pain-killer, propofol as anesthetic
Propofol looks like milk, thats the stuff Michael Jackson overdosed on. causes temporary pulmonary embolism, so does fentanyl. Hence your cough and trouble breathing

the cut that goes with meth is bad for health big time, but even 99.9% Pure pharmaceutical methamphetamine hydrochloride if injected intravenous in doses exceeding 25mg will cause temporary PE.
coguh is just a natural human body defense mechanism to unblock the blocked artery(PE) when artery or its venous branch gets blocked, subconsciously your lungs send signal to brain thats something is wrong.. brain receives that signal and makes you cough so the air will push out whatever blocks the artery.
that happens in half second if not less
you right, it does cause pulmonary hypertension, but only from vaporizing amphetamines, and you need to smoke couple grams daily for many many years to give yourself PH that way, sooo IV meth causes Temporary PE that could turn into chronic one with abuse
Vaping Meth causes PH with heavy abuse over long period,
on other hand there are no evidence that oral intake of methamphetamine causes any of those :\
Micron filters are best for sure. The worse filter to use its cigarette filter.. ohhh man nasty nasty filters, it made mostly out of fibreglass and when its wet small particles detach and gets inside syringe. and you can#t see them. I dont think intravenous fibreglass injections are healthy.lol.
For a pulmonary embolism to form, there has to be something blocking the arteries, like a clot or foreign material, like talc. There is no temporary embolism induced by pure meth, though it is a vasoconstrictor. Tics are a common side effect of stimulants, coughing is a common tic. I've gotten the cough, it's more like a tic, rather than some blockage of the lungs, though I could imagine some may have cardiovascular/lung problems from abusing street meth that causes a cough.

Pulmonary hypertension can happen from any ROA, even oral. Meth's not as bad as fen-phen or the aminorex drugs, but it's still possible.

Actually i can tell you exactly what was in that IV, ;)
Sounds like you had tonsilectomy, i believe thats the name of surgery,
If you are not allergic to opiates, its most likely was fentanyl nitrate and propofol in saline solution. its not meth but you got good mix for sure =D
Thats what they usually give in all hospitals over North America and most Europe during minor surgeries, fentanyl as pain-killer, propofol as anesthetic
Propofol looks like milk, thats the stuff Michael Jackson overdosed on. causes temporary pulmonary embolism, so does fentanyl. Hence your cough and trouble breathing
Ahhh that makes sense thank you!

For a pulmonary embolism to form, there has to be something blocking the arteries, like a clot or foreign material, like talc. There is no temporary embolism induced by pure meth, though it is a vasoconstrictor. Tics are a common side effect of stimulants, coughing is a common tic. I've gotten the cough, it's more like a tic, rather than some blockage of the lungs, though I could imagine some may have cardiovascular/lung problems from abusing street meth that causes a cough.

Pulmonary hypertension can happen from any ROA, even oral. Meth's not as bad as fen-phen or the aminorex drugs, but it's still possible.

Thanks for the info man.

Whatsup guys, haven't been around in a while but a question I have has brought me back. BL is of course the best drug saftey/use discussion board on the net! :)

So, I want to try IVing methamphetamine but I'm terrified of an abscess, I've had one before on my back (not from drug use, was a ruptured cyst) and it was very unpleasant, so I cannot imagine having one on my arm.

My question is this- The meth that I regularly purchase (and the ONLY meth I will pay for) is rather high quality, most people I know say its exceptional, one said its the best he has ever tried. It is indeed good but still not as good as pure d-meth. Anyways it comes in medium to large crystals, always completely transparent and smokes away to nothing if done right. Even when you overheat it the most it leaves behind is a small brownish deposit on the glass.

So do is the risk of infection from a partial miss still significant?

I know what I am doing, though its been a couple years since I've used a hypo, and even longer since I had a daily IV habit. But like riding a bike you never really forget, just get a little rusty.

The reason I ask is that when I used to shoot smack I would tend to miss a few drops right after registering, usually b/c my hands aren't as steady as they should be, especially if I get nervous about anything. Everyone always says never miss anything when IVing meth or you'll get an infection, but I do know that the meth I get is unfortunately not the norm for the majority of users in the usa.

Last thing I want to add is that I was never prone to abscesses or IV complications in my younger days, hell when I first started IVing smack years ago I (stupidly) didn't even filter my shot, and that was b-more scramble just dissolved, boiled and boosted. I also (again years ago before I knew anything) did a couple of IM shots when I had trouble hitting a vein and had nothing but a bruise for a few days (i'd never think to do that shit now).

I just worry since I am getting older and stimulant use/abuse isn't the best for your immune system. I should be able to hit no problem now though as I lost a good amount of fat (best shape of my life right now actually!), so I can easily see veins popping out in my arms as I type:\

Yes, I am high right now, and yes I apologize for the long ass post, you gotta admit though at least I use paragraphs, punctuation, and decent grammer :)

PS - This is the batch I got last weekend! Sorry for the huge size, took me forever to even get it posted since BL's attachment downloader or something isn't working properly

IMG_20120225_145546.jpg

Last edited:

meth is foreign material in your blood even if its pure.so is msm, or any chemicals that goes in your blood stream.
I mean even IV of diazepam or lorazepam in the hospital give you cough in high doses.

you are right,usually its not meth itself causes it, rather meth circulating through your blood stream, it collects and transports cholesterol,usually, artery or even micro-vein gets clogged with minimal amount of cholesterol easily. you will have cough. i would say 80% of IV meth users will get cough due to chunks of cholesterol shit blocking the artery. and thats cause many speed users live off junk food
healthy food consumption is key to good health, much better than greasy junk like funions and doritos crap

Hello - quick question about meth, didn't see it in the info that was up at the top... me and my bf just smoked a little (we had $25 worth total, only smoked half so far) so how long will that be in our systems?

The fiancee's on probation, gotta check in in a couple of weeks and that's just about the worst thing that can turn up... little help please?

meth is foreign material in your blood even if its pure.so is msm, or any chemicals that goes in your blood stream.
I mean even IV of diazepam or lorazepam in the hospital give you cough in high doses.
Meth dissolves in blood, so it can't block the arteries. Not sure if MSM is that bad to IV, it is used medically for arthritis(even IV) and is water soluble. I think the cough from IV benzos comes from the solvents like propylene glycol and benzyl alcohol. These can even become toxic if high doses are used for prolong periods.

Brief chemical irritation is a possiblity for the cough from IV meth though. No need to scary people with talks of embolisms.

The meth in the pic looks good, maybe cut with some MSM though.

Meth should be out of your system in 4 days(not the word of god sure), hell maybe even 2, but it should be undetectable in a couple weeks.Drink plenty of orange juice/take vitamin C to flush out the meth metabolites.

Last edited:
Meth dissolves in blood, so it can't block the arteries. Not sure if MSM is that bad to IV, it is used medically for arthritis(even IV) and is water soluble. I think the cough from IV benzos comes from the solvents like propylene glycol and benzyl alcohol. These can even become toxic if high doses are used for prolong periods.
dont get me wrong, i never said meth as substance blocks arteries and causes PE, i said meth transports cholesterol that clogs artery and causes temporary PE, from your veins to vital organs, things(like old cholesterol that been stuck to walls of veins somewhere in the leg) in a way meth cleans your veins, it drags cholesterol or other foreign materials from veins into blood circulation, crap that been stuck in arteries may be for years...im not sure if meth dissolves that crap, but i heard that meth makes human body to break down fats as first source of energy.. not proteins or carbohydrates, so may be it dose dissolve cholesterol, i know if you cough its a good thing.
MSM is not bad for IV at all, like you said, its used medically, has great water solubility. I heard that smoking MSM is bad though, melting point much lower than meth.

Last edited:
thanks for the reply, I had no idea that orange juice and the vitamin C in it breaks down meth metabolites! That'll really help me out.

How much should one person do at a time ?
It depends on tolerance and experience , for a first time user a point , 0.1 of a gram would be sifficiant , but towards the end of my addiction I was using up to 3 points per shot , 0.3 of a gram .

How often should you do a shot ?
For me I would basically use within 45 minutes to an hour if I had more , but this is not advised every 4-8 hours is a good time to wait .

When is it time to up your dosage ?
Once you do not get a rush or relief of crash symptoms .

What are the steps in preparing a shot of ice ?
For me I used about 20 units per point , simply because I find the less water the more intense the rush and the better the burn . For 2 points 30 units because it still works really fucking nicely . The steps are as follows . Put the shards in the spoon , add water , crush the shards until there is no shards left , draw into the syringe , I never used a filter for my meth as there was nothing to filter , but Im pretty sure it's still advised .

What will cause areas of your arms to swell and be really hard when you don't miss while slamming. I've missed before and it did swell but this hurts and I know I didn't miss,