• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸INJECTIONS: I.V. FAQs & Info MEGATHREAD⫷

Just an update, it's started to change the way it looks

Bruising?

is this just bruising? did I miss the shot? how long do you think this will take to heal? It's not hot, but it is quite sore.

Does cellulitis require medical attention? I'm quite paranoid I've fucked up, is waiting a day ok to see if it gets better?

Ok.. been using meth lately. I've changed ROA from smoking to IV for the last month. I usually only do it maybe twice daily or every other day. I've been using the same vein "old reliable" which is on the outer side of the crook on my right arm. I never wanted to use the crooks of arm bc it is oh so obvious to others what ur doing. The last 2 times I got any dope an went to do it I could not.. (try after try after try) register there at all. I've never had trouble with that place. Its not collapsed that I kno of, no discoloration or pain. It feels firm.. which if u use the same over an over that tends to happen. It's like that vein has literally disappeared!! Back wen I used to shoot pills I used the ones on top of my arms.. never had trouble there then but I have tried using that spot as well an nothing!! Its like they are gone. So bad as I hated too I used the crook of my left arm an it always looks purple after.. no pain or swelling. Been using make up to cover both areas. Why is it that i can not register in the vein when I kno I'm right on it..

Just an update, it's started to change the way it looks

Bruising?

is this just bruising? did I miss the shot? how long do you think this will take to heal? It's not hot, but it is quite sore.

Does cellulitis require medical attention? I'm quite paranoid I've fucked up, is waiting a day ok to see if it gets better?

That looks fine, as is - but, it still needs to be monitored. Cellulitis, for our purposes, is typically what happens when you have leakage from the vein or syringe and the body has to deal with the bacteria in the solution that's infiltrated into the tissues. Usually, at this very early stage, our bodies handle it just fine. What happens, when our body can't fight it or there is a significant amount of fluid from the missed shot, an abscess forms - and even all of those do not require medical attention (although, you should get looked at anyways if an abscess forms, just to be 100% safe). If there is a large amount of fluid from a missed shot, a pocket of fluid will form (abscess) and our body will send white blood cells to destroy any foreign bodies, such as bacteria, and then it will simply reabsorb into the tissues. The problem becomes when, either with cellulitis or an abscess, our body can't kill the bacteria quickly enough. At that point it usually becomes hot and red, usually swollen, and requires antibiotics for treatment. If that in turn turns into a fever, illness or red streaks forming up the extremity, that would require emergency care.

Why is it that i can not register in the vein when I kno I'm right on it..

If it's firm, you know you're in the vein, and register no blood when creating vacuum, the tip of the needle is in scar tissue. That doesn't necessarily mean the vein is partially or fully collapsed, it just means that specific location has scar tissue, which is normal over time with repeated use.

People, use 0.2micron filters. Theres a great Thread by the Captain!
I even im'ed brown with them awhile. Not recommended. But if you miss a hit and didnt poke a nerve or whatever, just a miss, no problem. No abscess is gonna build, i'll just go away, maybe bit blue n black at injection site, not more. Cheap online! I like the small ones from France. Use em!!!

Hey, was hoping for some help,

i injected h into my leg, like the very top near the groin but not the classic groin spot. Don’t think I missed, seemed all good at the time but the next day I i can’t walk on that leg, pain has shot all the way down it nearly to my knee. Vein feels hard and ropey.. redness, all that good stuff. I think I may be limping a bit less today, but i can always feel it, that weird achey warm pain. That only junkies would recognise, cause I swear there’s nothing that compares to it.

do I need to go to hospital? Or will it sort itself out

Hey, was hoping for some help,

i injected h into my leg, like the very top near the groin but not the classic groin spot. Don’t think I missed, seemed all good at the time but the next day I i can’t walk on that leg, pain has shot all the way down it nearly to my knee. Vein feels hard and ropey.. redness, all that good stuff. I think I may be limping a bit less today, but i can always feel it, that weird achey warm pain. That only junkies would recognise, cause I swear there’s nothing that compares to it.

do I need to go to hospital? Or will it sort itself out

I can think of potentially needing anticoagulants or antibiotics, or both, with just the very limited information from your post.

I’m assuming if you can feel the hard and ropey collapsed vein, it’s superficial and not deep. Were you in the deep femoral vein or another superficial vein there? Does the pain shoot down deep inside the leg to the knee or run down the inner thigh toward the inner knee? Any additional edema in the extremity, specifically in the feet or upper thigh?

I can think of potentially needing anticoagulants or antibiotics, or both, with just the very limited information from your post.

I’m assuming if you can feel the hard and ropey collapsed vein, it’s superficial and not deep. Were you in the deep femoral vein or another superficial vein there? Does the pain shoot down deep inside the leg to the knee or run down the inner thigh toward the inner knee? Any additional edema in the extremity, specifically in the feet or upper thigh?
It’s not the femoral vein, it’s runs down the inner thigh toward inner knee. There’s no pain or swelling or redness or anything anywhere else. Literally just along the vein I shot in.

Actually I think it might be the femoral vein, I though it was high in your groin area but it runs down your inner thigh doesn’t it? Thanks for you help any way

Actually I think it might be the femoral vein, I though it was high in your groin area but it runs down your inner thigh doesn’t it? Thanks for you help any way

That would be the Greater Saphenous Vein or another superficial vein. Did it everything resolve on it’s own?

Not sure if this is the best place for this question ⁉️ (please move if it's not)

Does anyone have the science know-how to tell me if uvc light purification on my injection materials could reduce infection risk?

Not sure if this is the best place for this question ⁉️ (please move if it's not)

Does anyone have the science know-how to tell me if uvc light purification on my injection materials could reduce infection risk?

Uhhhh, that's... A great question.

In theory it seems likely that you could use this to reduce your risks yeah.

I mean uvc irradiation should kill a lot of microorganisms that pose a risk with injection.

But it'll depend on how irradiated your supplies get. So the strength of the lamp, how long you run it for and how much surface area you cover.

Of course this is ionizing radiation so if you intend to do this as frequently as the average junkie injects it'd be wise to cover your skin when you do it to reduce your own exposure.

Interesting idea.

Uhhhh, that's... A great question.

In theory it seems likely that you could use this to reduce your risks yeah.

I mean uvc irradiation should kill a lot of microorganisms that pose a risk with injection.

But it'll depend on how irradiated your supplies get. So the strength of the lamp, how long you run it for and how much surface area you cover.

Of course this is ionizing radiation so if you intend to do this as frequently as the average junkie injects it'd be wise to cover your skin when you do it to reduce your own exposure.

Interesting idea.
There have been an insane amount of uvc purification products that flooded the market last year during covid times going on clearance at my local Walmart now that are designed for the everyday consumer and tend to have fail safes for accidental exposure.

I'm wondering if I should also run the drugs themselves through a light cycle. Would UVC rays have any detrimental affect on meth or heroin?

I don't know. Uv light can cause chemical reactions. But this specific question is just too far outside my knowledge base.

I dunno how they could have fail safes against exposure though. I mean, if you're shining uvc light how do you stop it shining on you?

Might be worth splitting this into its own thread. If that interests you can request it of the moderators.

Otherwise i'm about to go to bed but if you're interested I can look into getting this split into its own thread tomorrow.

I don't know. Uv light can cause chemical reactions. But this specific question is just too far outside my knowledge base.

I dunno how they could have fail safes against exposure though. I mean, if you're shining uvc light how do you stop it shining on you?
Depends on the product. I have one water bottle that only activates when the lid is shut and a zippered travel case that will only turn on if the magnets inside overlap. There is a little window in the case however. I just try not to look into it 😅

Might be worth splitting this into its own thread. If that interests you can request it of the moderators.

Otherwise i'm about to go to bed but if you're interested I can look into getting this split into its own thread tomorrow.
That would be awesome. Sorry for the late reply. Life has kind of been kicking my ass lately.

That would be awesome. Sorry for the late reply. Life has kind of been kicking my ass lately.

I'm sorry to hear that. :(
I'll bring up the suggest to split this into its own thread to the other mods. :)