• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

‘They aren’t kids, they are grown men’: Bong smokers in exclusive park leave stench w

poledriver

Bluelighter
‘They aren’t kids, they are grown men’: Bong smokers in exclusive park leave stench with neighbours

049786-bb40b150-f076-11e4-a26a-54db2090c4d5.jpg

DRUG users are congregating in a peaceful Mosman park to smoke bongs, leaving nearby residents furious.

Several of the homemade plastic bottle pipes have been discovered in Bay Street Park after they were chucked away by the group.

One resident is at her wits end after they urinated in her garden, jumped on her husband’s ute and chopped up their garden hose to make the bongs.

“They aren’t kids, they are grown men,” said Rebecca, who did not want her surname published for fear of retribution.

“They have no respect for anyone but themselves. They can’t even put their own rubbish in the bin. It’s such a pretty place and it’s looking like a tip.”

052216-e79840f6-f076-11e4-a26a-54db2090c4d5.jpg

On the Anzac Day weekend Rebecca picked up five bongs in the park and these join a collection of several others she has found over the past year.

Two weekends ago she found several empty beer bottles thrown in her garden.

The couple have removed the hose from their front garden because members of the group had cut it to make their bongs.

Rebecca said the group, usually five or six people, could make so much noise in the park that they woke her up. The latest she had heard them partying was at 2am and they had also played music in the park.

“I’m in bed at 12 at night and there’s people outside the place being loud,” she said.

“They are loud and they don’t go. They hang around.

“I think they are waiting for a drug drop.”

North Sydney Police plan to increase patrols in the area.

“We have been notified about the issue and will increase patrols to assess whether it’s an issue and to prevent it where possible,” Senior Constable Tim Young said.

In November, a 22-year-old man from Mosman was issued with a cannabis caution after police found him in the park with two others.

Rebecca said she checked the children’s playground for rubbish left behind by the group and had found a bong with a metal pipe in the sandpit.

“Imagine a little three-year-old telling mum, ‘I’ve just found this in the playground’,” she said.

Rebecca said the drug users could turn up on any day and she had heard them midweek and at weekends.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-with-neighbours/story-fngr8h9d-1227356049892

“They have no respect for anyone but themselves. They can’t even put their own rubbish in the bin. It’s such a pretty place and it’s looking like a tip.”

Lol

Whether smokin or not you should avoid littering.

“Imagine a little three-year-old telling mum, ‘I’ve just found this in the playground."

I imagine a 3 year old wouldn't know what a bong was, so it really wouldn't matter if they found one.

Maybe the mom can alley oop that shit ta tha trash can.

“I’m in bed at 12 at night and there’s people outside the place being loud,” she said.

“They are loud and they don’t go. They hang around.

“I think they are waiting for a drug drop.”

An yeah cause this is exactly how most drug deals go down,
kinda sounds like a party.

Last edited:
Have some freakin' self-respect and spark up a blunt if you want to toke in a public park, jeezus

^ So people who use bongs dont have self respect? Are you being serious?

No I was joking around.

I used to own a bong myself. Although it was made of glass and looked a hell of a lot better than what's pictured there, lol

Today I learned that I have often been part of a "drug drop".
I wish I had known it at the time - I thought I was simply buying some flowers, or some alcohol, or coffee. Mostly at the store...

This lady is hysterical, but seriously if you chop up someone's garden hose to get high out of you have a problem.

Yeah that bit about the garden hose made me laugh, imagine going outside to water the garden only to find those pesky stoners turned your hose into bongs again. And I am sure they use the loud music as a means to signal the drug dealer, kind of like how some flash their lights. I would move to another town that place is just weird and full of liter bugs.

This lady is hysterical, but seriously if you chop up someone's garden hose to get high out of you have a problem.

Agreed. I'm not sure why they make bongs out of plastic soda or sport drink bottles? They're adults and can easily buy a nice bong if they want to.

No I was joking around.

I used to own a bong myself. Although it was made of glass and looked a hell of a lot better than what's pictured there, lol

lol, yeah me and my mates started off using shitty bongs like in the pics but after a few years we eventually moved right up in the world to glass and ceramic bongs hehe. Nowadays I just vape though.

Last edited:
I'm betting the resident in the article was more disgusted that they were VB beer bottles found in her front yard

My neighbours lost there shit one Sunday after a wild party because some arse clown cut his hose.

He said he wouldn't have minded so much if they hadn't simply cut a section from in the middle of it's length.