Angry Anger Management Thread

Couldn't see the video because of unstable internet connection but I managed to wiki lamotrigine, as it sounded familiar. Personally, I never took this medication and my own sudden anger issues disappeared when the cause was removed.
But reading about this medication made remember a friend I had who had anger issues, and who took it (among others) for his bipolar disorder.

@bablyonee You mention several therapies, have you ever learned what causes your anger issues? Is there an underlying medical cause, or might it simply be a learned behavior (subconsciously copying mom, something I did when I was younger until I realized what I was doing)
Good question Lecroute. The weekly psychodynamic sessions that I kept up for 5 years were based on the psychiatrists claim that I had a suppressed neurosis. He described it as a boil that needed lancing. This lancing process was to be done in the safety of his office. He encouraged me to rage and to cry. To access emotions that id supposedly repressed. To some extent I believe it worked.

Good question Lecroute. The weekly psychodynamic sessions that I kept up for 5 years were based on the psychiatrists claim that I had a suppressed neurosis. He described it as a boil that needed lancing. This lancing process was to be done in the safety of his office. He encouraged me to rage and to cry. To access emotions that id supposedly repressed. To some extent I believe it worked.
I get pissed for a reason. That quack doesn't get it, some people just have bad tempers. All this repressed stuff is in many cases bs.
Are you sure he just doesn't have a warped sense of humor and enjoys manipulating people, and watching grown men cry and all that nonsense?

I read the article. To be honest other than drug therapy; I think most of that stuff is a scam. They never seem to cure anyone; why would they, that's how they make( con people out of) money.
Please tell me he didn't give you a padded stick and tell you to hit his couch over and over while screaming at it.

I am conquering my episode of agitated obsessive-compulsive symptoms that flared yesterday and today pretty bad. I reframed this day as a quest to lower my standards and slowly gaining inner peace and functionality again.

It is frustating how much of my time goes to dealing with modulator, but accepting does not mean giving up. The right action is proactive, dedicated and patient. It is useless to run against the brick wall.

I don't know how I figured my way to this situation I commonly just dream off. I wish I could keep this attitude. I am not sure what parameters got right when this feels so natural approach right now. Might be the spring.

I've had anger issues since I was a young kid. My mom threatened to send me to a doctor when I was in elementary school, so I held it together.

I'm always holding it together.

I need a prosocial outlet because i believe that this partly comes from my world view and some social troubles. Things that are reoccurring.

I can recognize when I'm mad, and vent my frustrations more openly as I get older. However I am afraid that one day an impulse will supercede a restraint.

I read the article. To be honest other than drug therapy; I think most of that stuff is a scam. They never seem to cure anyone; why would they, that's how they make( con people out of) money.
Please tell me he didn't give you a padded stick and tell you to hit his couch over and over while screaming at it.
what's the drug therapy?

I am conquering my episode of agitated obsessive-compulsive symptoms that flared yesterday and today pretty bad. I reframed this day as a quest to lower my standards and slowly gaining inner peace and functionality again.

It is frustating how much of my time goes to dealing with modulator, but accepting does not mean giving up. The right action is proactive, dedicated and patient. It is useless to run against the brick wall.

I don't know how I figured my way to this situation I commonly just dream off. I wish I could keep this attitude. I am not sure what parameters got right when this feels so natural approach right now. Might be the spring.

How does a newcomer get to 'ignore' moderators? Is drivel like this part of their gig in being a 'staff member'?
Learning how to ignore things (in my case people) is helpful in anger management. At least it was for me. Someone says or behaves in a way that I don't like, I simply focus on something else. I have one specific technique for that, but I know from a friend who uses another one very successfully: Keep a set of nice things (memories, something you're looking forward to, a song you like) ready in your mind to use a diversion for when you start to feel angry.

There's a subforum where you can ask technical stuff about the forum.

here

Thanks lecroute but to make clear, I'm not jumping up and down in rage, I'm just getting a feeler for what I CAN control. That's not what I'd call an inappropriate expression of anger. I see there's a little 'Report' section at the bottom of each post. I can't bring myself to do THAT though. Seems like a snitch type maneuverer.

This sounds very important to you.

@bablyonee do you have issues with feeling unheard?

So called "mood stabilizers" and antidepressants (prescribed for something not anger related) is what killed my natural ways to deal with anger issues, making me a ticking bomb.

@bablyonee
You should ask your doc about the drug you saw on that YouTube video. And definitely find out what the reason for your anger problem is because that's what determines which drug will help you. And which might make things even worse.

You need to go cycling. Being stuck indoors, especially in whatever probably really cold Viking country you are from messes with your head. Also lack of vitamin D. Go easy on the drugs and booze. Also wear your helmet; and not just for drinking heavily, but when going on long fast bike rides.

~memories, something you're looking forward to, a song you like~ ...I like this idea

I've had anger issues since I was a young kid. My mom threatened to send me to a doctor when I was in elementary school, so I held it together.

I'm always holding it together.

I need a prosocial outlet because i believe that this partly comes from my world view and some social troubles. Things that are reoccurring.

I can recognize when I'm mad, and vent my frustrations more openly as I get older. However I am afraid that one day an impulse will supercede a restraint.
My mom was crazy, and luckily my mom believed shrinks were a bunch quacks.
Unfortunately, my elementary school, had different ideas. But I got out of spelling tests for about half of the 5th grade. I got stuck seeing seeing the school district psychologist with 3 others kids. 2 needed to be there, and me and another kid from my class, who was there because he was friends with me.

Maybe it's for the best that you don't have a lot of loaded guns at the ready like me. I live in a suburb of Detroit, you never know. Besides what good is having a bunch of guns( legally owned) if you can't get to them easily, in case of home invaders. But then again Madness you live in a left wing state and are expected to hide under your bed if armed intruders break in or die. My blue state is not really leftist, except that damn governor. Bitch keeps approving of lowering what pain meds can be prescribed, cold evil bitch. Tolerance, I was supposed to be dead 7 years ago, my tolerance has gone up, even though I am good with my Oxycodone and even have extras each month, also I gave up my morphine script: right around when they lowered the amount of pain killers that can be prescribed again. My anger is Bipartisan to be fair.

Last edited: