Angry Anger Management Thread

f343f9b3e3d4c9da3ec32b469392fa229b3a38742844aa4e0d377cc54798d2c6_1.webp

Although I absolutely can't condone this kind of violence, it kind of sums up my feeling towards so many quasi-shrinks. It has been my observation that so many non- psychiatrists; make a living not really helping people, but are parasites who make a money exploiting people with making them codependent on them and never really help and do not cure people. It is all about them profiting from people in bad shape, and that really helping them would mean a loss of revenue.
It is like paying someone to pretend they care. Many times people spend years and spend a fortune and are no better off despite all the money and time wasted.
I am not condemning all psychologists, therapists and people in similar professions but I have known people who regularly go to these types of " therapists ", and are no better off after years of seeing them, only with no results and so much wasted money.

Previous page.

Right before that yes.

That was to a different poster who was talking about his childhood.

Previous page.

If you are not understanding, I am not a life coach so go ahead and do what you think would be best for you.

Again, if you need specific attention to something that is deeply bothering you I recommend you create your own thread.

Oh Madness.. is being heard important to you? You seem to crave relevance.

Oh Madness.. is being heard important to you? You seem to crave relevance.
I've read this back pretty thoroughly, and I'm not sure what the problem is, but seems like it's a misunderstanding regarding intent of some sort. Madness did not even address you, before you asked how to block moderators. So I'm not sure what would even compel you to ask that. Like he mentioned, this is a general thread, he initially spoke on his own anger issues, as one does in the anger management thread. And then when you doubled down on this... He asked a question that was likely intended to try and see what the problem was so we could talk about or fix it, and you continued responding increasingly harshly and sarcastic about it, which wasn't fair to him either.

We talk about our problems here with others, other people are likely going to ask you questions in an effort to help you question yourself or look at things in a different light. This is an important part of getting support about your issues. Nothing there was intended negatively toward you, I believe you're misinterpreting that, so we should just try to move on from it.

I've asked that question too and there's nothing you can do about it... You can't ignore a staff member.... Real cool right?
Yes it's insane you can't just ignore all of the people that work to run the forum you're posting on, I know 🤔

It's not ignoring "all the people" or all of the staff members. I asked whether I could 'ignore' certain staff members because I noticed on my profile there was a list titled "Ignoring". Just a simple question. I don't believe Madness rocking in with "This sounds very important to you. Do you have issues with feeling unheard?" was genuine at all, particularly as my email receives Madness's original replies before Madness then goes and edits them so that they will look more benign. Yes Madness, this would be important TO ANYBODY. And any 'issues' I might have are none of your business. I get the feeling you staff members are inherently grouping up on this. So be it. You've been here a lot longer than me. One of you so-called staff members named 3 things that were their role. All 3 of them seemed to be self-absorbed. No mention of any responsibility to help people. Just critique others, point out where people are wrong and learn (for themselves, I assume). What is this madness? If anyone could help me with how-to-close my account, I'd be greatly appreciative, because then I won't get these f.cking email updates and we can all be on our merry ways

Yes it's insane you can't just ignore all of the people that work to run the forum you're posting on, I know 🤔

well if some of them weren't being pricks, nobody would be requesting to put them on ignore, right?

see you don't fuckin see it like that do ya, mr. staffy until they kick your fuckin ass off too for acting out of line

your favorite fuckin mod chinup, who wouldn't get off my dick, was the main one i wanted to put on ignore - but instead you fuckin pricks handed me points

there's been other instances but im gonna leave it at that for now because you always think you're so fuckin right anyway

It's not ignoring "all the people" or all of the staff members.
I was responding to Krinkle to hopefully relay why you aren't able to ignore moderators, as yes, that would just create an unsustainable situation for us.

I don't believe Madness rocking in with "This sounds very important to you. Do you have issues with feeling unheard?" was genuine at all, particularly as my email receives Madness's original replies before Madness then goes and edits them so that they will look more benign.
I can read the edit history. Virtually nothing was changed he just edited the wording a few times over a couple posts but it's basically the same.

. I get the feeling you staff members are inherently grouping up on this.
No one's trying to gang up on you, I'm only trying to bring clarity and understanding to the situation as it seems you're taking this personally for some reason and directing aggression at another user of the site, in the anger management thread of all places. I would be saying the same things whether Madness was staff or not.

If anyone could help me with how-to-close my account, I'd be greatly appreciative, because then I won't get these f.cking email updates and we can all be on our merry ways
Sure, you can either just delete all your posts, or you can turn the email notifications off in your account settings. If these options don't work for you, the administrator can probably remove your account by merging it with Jabberwocky. Feel free to message me if you'd like and we'll get it sorted, or however you'd like to do it.

well if some of them weren't being pricks, nobody would be requesting to put them on ignore, right?

see you don't fuckin see it like that do ya, mr. staffy until they kick your fuckin ass off too for acting out of line

your favorite fuckin mod chinup, who wouldn't get off my dick, was the main one i wanted to put on ignore - but instead you fuckin pricks handed me points

there's been other instances but im gonna leave it at that for now because you always think you're so fuckin right anyway
Yes, some people not getting along is an unfortunate side effect of dealing with other imperfect human beings. I'm not sure what points your referencing, but attacking and insulting others is against the rules, and this person is no longer on staff, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Yes, some people not getting along is an unfortunate side effect of dealing with other imperfect human beings. I'm not sure what points your referencing, but attacking and insulting others is against the rules, and this person is no longer on staff, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

I'm just telling ya, it happens, so don't act like it doesn't happen and you're all so innocent

I'm just telling ya, it happens, so don't act like it doesn't happen and you're all so innocent
Brother I have been neck deep in the drama here for a while... I know exactly how both staff and users can be

Everyone still comes up with ways to surprise me though

I know this might sound really bad. But I've reflected on this and I think I was wrong. I'm sorry madness. I'm sorry staff members. Maybe my anger has gotten me again.. this is why I'm looking for a mood stabiser. Maybe Ive a brain injury from all the meth. I feel like an idiot now. I seem to cause grief everywhere I go. I shut down all social media a couple of years ago. For this reason. I'm too defensive. I take offence. Now I really regret what I've written. I think I still need to wind up this blue-light stuff. I don't seem to be able to cope with it

I know this might sound really bad. But I've reflected on this and I think I was wrong. I'm sorry madness. I'm sorry staff members. Maybe my anger has gotten me again.. this is why I'm looking for a mood stabiser. Maybe Ive a brain injury from all the meth. I feel like an idiot now. I seem to cause grief everywhere I go. I shut down all social media a couple of years ago. For this reason. I'm too defensive. I take offence. Now I really regret what I've written. I think I still need to wind up this blue-light stuff. I don't seem to be able to cope with it
Hey dude, appreciate the apology and I'm sure madness will understand... It's really not a big deal, mistakes and misunderstandings happen. I've lashed out big time before. We're still here to support you regardless.

I think this could be a good community and network for you if you give it a chance. It's probably not the same situation, but ya know I struggled with a great amount of things for a very long time, and eventually burned out a lot of my interpersonal relationships, meth and other drugs exacerbated this situation for me too. But bluelight really gave me a place where I could communicate openly about things I was dealing with, and where I was in my life, and it helped me greatly over several years. I consider a great amount of people I've met on here some of the best friends I've ever had. Yeah there's been drama, disputes, arguments, people I don't get along with, etc, especially as a moderator... But overall it's been a very positive influence on my life.

It would be awesome if you were able to stick around and contribute more and work through some of your things with us, but I'd understand if you didn't want to post anymore. We'll always be here either way, I'd definitely suggest you keep your account alive so you can come back to it if you run into a struggle and need someone to talk to.

@bablyonee - hey man, I'm not sure that's true about your ability in this thread. This is a place to be vulnerable and expressive without feeling judged, so I apologize for not necessarily helping in that regard. Alongside that, the question about you being heard was very blunt.

We all want to be heard. I think it's human nature to simply want to "matter". Yes you're right, myself too.

Lamictal, I take 400mg a day for bipolar. It helps me a lot. It sounded like you were very interested in getting that from your doctor so that sounds awesome in my book that you're willing to try psychiatric medication. If you have any more specific questions about the drug please feel free to ask.

Regarding my self, not sure man. Sometimes I can overlook things and sort of come in like a wrecking ball as you alluded to. I apologize for not addressing the issue at hand because you seem to be going through something specific, while my little post was more general and not very emotionally charged. I can get heated; anger is a massive issue with me too. In a self centered type way I think I was also trying to jump in to show that I can relate and would like to be apart of the conversation.

I appreciate @deficiT here. He's obviously a homie. Obviously knowing me better, which may come off as ganging up however I see it very similar so he too was trying to offer perspective.

Fighting fire with fire usually never works 😅 so again thank you @bablyonee for sort of putting that aside for a moment.

Oh lordy I'm clicking hearts all round now..! Thanks to both of you for being so generous. Mr Krinkle do you think maybe I (we?) read things wrong? Madness you've been particularly generous with what you wrote... Thank you. It's crazy how I can read stuff into things. And OMG you're ON Lamictal! -Look I don't think I've bipolar, and perhaps maybe someone like me might come across as though I'm copping out from the responsibility of managing my external affect. But f.ck man, that 5 years of weekly psychotherapy... God knows I've tried. The psychiatrist insisted this was a 'vent your angst about your parents' job. He permitted me to continue on an AD, but he's always insisted medication wont fix me. But, well fuck.. It hasn't worked. I just don't want to hurt anyone anymore. I worry about my 13YO daughter and what impact I might have had on her as she gets older. It's so hard for teens these days. Thank God her mother is a really engaged mum. She's the one who chucked me out. She protected her kids from my ongoing emotional outbursts. I accept that. I mentioned my brain injury theory before. Ive taken drugs for a long time. Well I did stay clean in NA for nearly 10 yrs. But when Ive used its been IV meth mostly and that stuff can fuck a limbic system right up (IMO). deficiT thanks for being the voice of reason within this. I see now how you've been very fair. Is this the beginning of not one, but two friendships where people say "Oh we couldn't stand each other when we first met" ha ha. Those types of histories I don't have with many people, but those I do are strong. Mr Krinkle it's looking like group hug time here. You coming dude? There so much potential for not reading things correctly here Krinkle.. Do you think maybe a bit of that is woven into your history online here too?