• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Your parents views on your drug use.

My parents dont like drugs, reckon ppl who use them are junkies and look down upon any of my friends that they are sure of are drug takers.

But yeh when they found out i was a so-called "druggie" they were pretty fucking pissed (they didnt hear the FULL story though ;)) but yeh theyre kinda over it now. they pretty much let me do what i want as long as its not in their house.

But yeh im old enough and smart enough not to abuse this advantage (well it kind of is an advantage in a way) and still keep myself in line. if anything ive cut down my drug taking shit heaps since they found out.

They both hated it... my mother hated me... my father loved me and when I was using quite badly, I could see it was breaking his heart... but my usage now is only very occasional in social circumstances, and with time learned to accept that... he still doesn't like it, but he accepts that it is something I will do irrespective of his approval or disapproval, and when it comes to the crunch, he'd rather know the truth than be left wondering.

I'm pretty sure my parents know about my consumption but i won't be telling them anytime soon.

My dad has always made out that he knows more than he did as a tactic to get me and my brother to slip up. He's mentioned it many times in conversation and i have denied it with good explainations (luckily i wasn't living with him at the time). I've recently had some mammoth convo's with him and a good familiy friend in which she said (and dad agreed) that "many people would need to take drugs to delve into their own minds in the way we have". I explained the meditation i do and gurana i take before events (when i go straight) and i'm pretty sure my dad thinks my drug taking was a short experienmental stage that is now over. (not a complete lie it is becomming much more selective).

My mum is another story, when i was living at home I came home many many mornings at 9am bright eyed and very talkative. I KNOW she had no idea at this stage from overheard convo's with her friends and her mammoth case of case of denial she had over my brothers pot/ smack use.

I have always told her that some of my friends use drugs, how they work in clinical detail, the positives and negatives and how i make sure my friends are as carefull as possible. At the time i was regularly pulling 1 and 2 all-nighters in a row for school and she did ask how i managed to stay awake (and also when i went out on the weekends). She was very interested in my gurara, took 2 and spent the next four hours cleaning! After that she talked to me about drugs in general, but i'm pretty sure she still viewed me as sweet and innocent.

When i moved out and my mum came to about my brothers drug use is when i think she started to suspect. For the past 2-3 years she has asked me countless times about the details of his use and about drug issues in general, which is kinda cool. I'm pretty sure she knows deep down that I do indulge (and i go to less effort to hide every possible sign now) but i just don't have the heart to tell her. My brother has gone down the 'as bad as it gets' junkie path and while i know she can see how very differenent i am from him, i just know it would just break her heart to say that both her children use drugs (admitedly in very very different ways)

I have considered telling mum but in retrospect it was for selfish 'lift the guilt' reasons, i think i will tell them one day, but i don't see that being any time soon.

Think very long and hard before telling your parents, analysise why you are wanting to tell them and how will they feel as parent once you do tell them.

My parents know all about my ex-drug use.

I basically had no choice but to tell them, because I wanted them to pay for my psychiatric care. har. Saying "all of a sudden I feel like I should go to a psychiatrist" didn't work, so I sat down and told them how I'd been smoking pot for a lot of years, and taking pills and speed and abusing alcohol etc. and had then had two psychoses.

Honestly, I think they chose not to believe me. Dad said things like "you couldn't have been doing it that much" and "I would've known if you were", and so on. He also refused to believe that I'd had drug-induced psychoses and wasn't coping. Then he just didn't speak to me for a few days. Mum chose to ignore me completely. They did pay for the psychiatrist though.

They never speak about it now, ever. I still have an anxiety disorder from the episodes that happened more than two years ago and we talk about that, but no one ever talks about the drugs. Ever. But then, I don't do any drugs anymore so maybe they just choose to forget it ever happened.

It's partly an oldest-child syndrome thing too, I think. My brother is the biggest stereotypical unmotivated stoner in the world but my parents never say anything to him about his smoking and drinking. I found two pipes and about half an ounce of weed in his bedroom when he was about 13 and in typical angry, hard-done-by, older sister fashion showed it to my parents.. but as far as I know they didn't really say anything. And still don't.

Yeah, drugs are pretty much a no-conversation at their house.

my parents know. my mum asked me and i thought about denying it....but i did tell her.

fast forward almost a year and we stumbled on the concversation again. by this time i was using A LOT more drugs and i had a lot more knowledge too. so we had a big talk and both my parents can tell i know what i'm putting into my body. and it hasnt affected my "other" life so drastically as to be bad. matter of fact, its changed me for the better.

dads not sold on the idea tho. he still cant understand why i take them (pills etc) when i'm happy anyway. but they know they cant really stop me from doing anything cos i live so far away from them.

doofqueen said:

i wish my dad didnt know but mum told him i suppose...he picked up an old packet of anti depressents of mine and says "are these your eccys?" ... as a reflex answer i said "as if they would still be there!" ...oops! 8)

^^^ lol 8o

Originally posted by doofqueen [i/][B/]
i really wish my dad hadnt told my granparents tho that i run around the bush taking pills so i can dance alot!! geez!! [/B]

id die if mr grandparents knew shit like that about me 8(

My parents rock. My parents know everything I take and while they do not exactly encourage it, they do respect my decision to chose what I want to do with my body.

My Dad even went so far as to defend me against a friend of the family (a cop) when I decided to tell everyone at his party that I had tried speed and ecstasy (I was getting sick of listening to bullshit cop stories). I was sure to point out that his alcoholism could be construed as drug use...

my brother knows about what I do, and when I do it, the only reason he knows is becoz both my parent's have died, and I feel that he should know about when I do use, I wont bring it near him, and dont do it often for him to worry about me. I think its just the resepct I have for him, and I know that he has experimented before as well!!

I probably wouldn't tell my parents unless they asked, but I'd like to think that I'd be up front with them if I brought anything illegal into their house. Kind of a courtesy, since its their roof and plausibly could become their problem if they don't know about it.

I have a fair idea of the range of drugs my parents were/are into and I'm surprised at how close minded almost all of the parents appear in the last few pages. I'm not really worried about how my parents would react to my taking drugs, it'd be kind of like going up to them and saying
"umm... I don't know how to tell you this, but I'm umm a heterosexual".

Anyway - while I now know quite a few adults who don't touch any drugs that they aren't allowed to, I still have trouble with the idea of parents as people who don't do drugs - in fact its mind bending that so many people seem to have parents with such a perfect history...

...maybe your parents are doin' 'it too?

Last edited:
Well, every parent will have a different view based on their own social conditioning, values and experience.

Parents are mostly scared about things they don;t understand. The watch Oprah and she tells them that Ecstacy will kill all of their children. We know this is simply not true in they way it is portrayed.

Parents are more likely to be understanding if they have some knowledge. This allows them to understand risks and put them in context.

I am in the inevitable position to be a person who works regularly with those who use party drugs and be the parent of a teenager. My greatest fear is that my daughter will end up smoking because that is much more likely to kill her, just not in as dramatic a way as a GHB overdose (not that I would want ANYTHING to knock my little girl off).

Experamentation is a natural part of being you, however, people who hide things from their parents will also lack the benefit of their paren;t advice or experience. You never know, learning about the real risks of drugs can be a useful activity for both you and your parents.

They don't have to like what you do, but they should respect your choice. You, however, should equally respect their right to be concerned about you, but just make sure everyone is seeing the issue in abalanced, informed way.

Cheers,

Buck

well my parents both dont like me drinking alcohol, they both drink but only in moderation, and these days i dont drink that much, mainly other drugs use, but when i get home they just think ive had a hard night on booze and i let them think that
although they have found weed of mine around the house and pretty much just laughed, but im sure if they knew how much pot i smoked they wouldnt be laughing
when i got home from slinky my older bitch of a sister went off when she discovered they had let me (17) go to an overage rave so she proceeded to say that every1 at raves is on eccies, dad (a very stressed closed minded crazy guy) did not even look at me he just started saying that he would rather me taking eccies than drinking booze and saying that he had watched many a sbs documentry on E and thinks that its safer than alcohol (this is to do with his father being an alcoholic and my mums father also being one) but yeah i think that my parents know i take drugs although im sure that they think its a very occaisonal thing and at nowhere near the levels its at, but im fairly sure that ive got it all under control like about 3 chemical nights every2 months and pot everyfew days isnt all that bad (yeah its a lot worse than not at all but i think its safe enough level)
and yeah if they ask me if i take E ill say yes, i said yes when they asked if i smoked cigs, said yes about drinking, said yes about pot so why would i start lying to them now

my parents don't mind my drug use at all. because i'm so mature about it and they used to do it when they were young they don't mind

*This is such an interesting thread btw*

like many replies in this thread im sure that my parents know but choose to ignore it. i think that they think its just a phase im going through and that im growing out of it. mum said to me the other day "oh did you go to war of the worlds again this year?" and i said "yes, but it wasnt as good as last year" and she replied with "i knew you would start growing out of it sooner or later..." (couldn't work out whether she meant going to raves or drugs?)

i used to really hide it saying it was just like a nightclub etc, but now that im fairly independent ive just started telling the truth about how yes there are lots of people on drugs and some of the bad stuff ive seen, although ive detachted most of it from myself...and they have accepted that i attend rave, and ive left it up to their own discretion whether they think im on drugs or not.

my brother confronted me once about it and i admitted that i did it once but thats all, i didnt want to go any further, as he could have and im sure would have used it against me. he gets very up and down all the time and has the typical cokie girlfriend...AND he has lots of photos around his house with typical red pupils...so we both know what each other is up too but wont admit it....but im sure there will be a day that we will share lines together....

but anyway when i packed up the car a few weeks ago and headed up to earthcore my dads parting words were "don't do too many drugs and dont have group sex?!!!" *wtf?!!!* and then proceeded to tell me that he had done acid in his time *lol* we had a good laugh in the car on the way up!

kryalkastleE said:
my brother confronted me once about it and i admitted that i did it once but thats all, i didnt want to go any further, as he could have and im sure would have used it against me. he gets very up and down all the time and has the typical cokie girlfriend...AND he has lots of photos around his house with typical red pupils...so we both know what each other is up too but wont admit it....but im sure there will be a day that we will share lines together....

Trust me, you want this to happen. There's nothing like splitting a pill, or cutting a line with your own flesh and blood to bond a brother and sister.

=D

^^^ i agree with that totally =D

My mum asked me one day what i was doing, and i told her straight out. I think it was the best thing i've done. i don't have any weight on my shoulders when i go out.

My brother told my parents and god i wish he hadn`t. I havent had a minutes peace since. It all depends on what sort of parents you have but if you have your doubts hold out from telling them - especially if you still depend on them financially and you live at home.