• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Your best and worst cover songs of all time...

A Perfect Circle started playing Master of Puppets at the gig i went to back when they last toured... fuckin shitted all over the Metallica version, maybe its just coz i dont like metallica much...

ditto on codeseven over whoever tried to cover boys of summer.

jonas from far covered drive by the deftones.

the deftones covered some songs that were cool (duran duran)

kinda sappy but darren hayes and anna-maria laspina did a cool cover of "i can't make you love me"

Donny Don't said:
Rammstein - Stripped

i'm glad someone else mentioned this and didn't mistake it for an original, it's one of the few songs equally enjoyable as a rammstein or a depeche mode tune :)

I heard the fucking dodgiest, crap, motherfucking shit remix of "Sunshine of your Love" by Cream on the radio yesterday. I have no idea who the twats responsible for this massacre were, but they need to be shot on sight.

Is nothing fucking sacred anymore? :( :|

Last edited:
greenfalcon said:
The Herd - Only 19 :D Greatest cover ever!

Do you have any idea where I can get that song? I heard it on triple J and thought it was nothing short of amazing. I was also lucky enough to be listening when they had the original artist, John Schumann, and The Herd in to do it together.

I think they are both going to be at the JJJ One Night Stand as well so I'm guessing they might collaborate on stage (apparently they did it at homebake) which would be awesome to witness.

Last edited:
Jesus christ...

There's not many cover songs out there that I listen to and go "yeah yeah, that rocks..."

As most of you know I think the 80's is the bees knees. And I am moreeeeeeeeeeeeee than willing to kill ANYONE that does a cover of an 80's song!!!

The only cover's i've come across that I like, is the new Crowded House/Split Enz CD - It's all covers of there top hits, all sang by our top Female Aussie singers...

To take it from Molly, "Do ya self a favour, go out and get it"

Mineral - Love My Way
Cover of the 80s hit by the Psychedelic Furs, emo as fuck but still great

worst cover of all time is the APC cover of Imagine.
They brutally stabbed, beat and raped a beautiful beautiful original.
Assholes.

I quite like Orgy's Blue Monday and Type O Negative's Angry Inch.
Angry Inch is a giggle and a half :)

Best cover - Ministry - lay lady lay(bob dylan)

Worst - Well there is just too many to mention, but yeah madonnas american pie was fuckin disgraceful and that elvis song rubberneckin, its not really a cover more of a remix but it makes me feel sick when i hear it.

MoeBro said:
worst cover of all time is the APC cover of Imagine.
They brutally stabbed, beat and raped a beautiful beautiful original.
Assholes.

They also did quite a number on Elvis Costello's What's so funny about peace, love, and understanding? They followed a strict formula of:

A)Take life out of song

B) Record song

Oh and they also killed Black Flag's Gimme, Gimme, Gimme. Actually come to think of it I'm not really a fan of any of their versions of the songs on that cd.

UnTrumped

Miles Davis killed Cindy Lauper.

In fact,
covers of "Time After Time"
are pretty touch-'n'-go.

I Deserve It.

I did like the Travis cover of
"Hit Me Baby One More Time".

Mr. Healy just can decide to sing it or laugh it.

But then again
I liked the original.

So feel free to do as the song says.