• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

you aussies and your moonspeak!

ahh yes but Simon thats another one of those words that we use for good and bad.......... a dag can also be someone who wears the daggy clothes.

Yeah I have heard of hooroo as well.......... I always have used both........meh.

Ohh how did we miss the famous............bastard.

bastard can also be used in so many ways, good bad indifferent.

OH my god, what an ugly bastard.

haha you old bastard you.

you are a right bastard you are.

often the bad use has a different emphasis on the a part.......... bar stard is generally how its used to be nice but ba as in bat stard is the not so nice method.

Comeon guys.. cunt is also associated with other swearing words such as 'shit cunt'.... as in "Jeez, your a shit cunt"

Does anyone use 'Derro' anymore... a Derro as in a deadshit.. a deadshit as in a person of low intelligence..

A 'wanker', similar meaning to 'jerk-off' as in 'Don't be a jerk-off'. It is usually used here in the context of "God that guy is a wanker" and basically means he is more a 'dork' per say rather than an asshole

Bah you Americans never will get it.. when I was over there you gave me a funny look when I asked where some 'motels' were because i didn't say 'hotel'.. And to think i tried to explain to one guy what a larrikin was over there, why didn't I realise i was going to receive a blank stare before i even bothered hehe

I say "dero" occasionally. Its short for derelict, as far as I know.

A larrikin is a mischievous prankster.

huez said:
In my recent trip to America my looseness of this word got me into trouble many-a-times.
lol, ya, that word is kind of a no-no here.
fucking awesome that you can throw it around in Australia tho.

Sim0n said:
Add "ie" to everything.

So barbecue becomes barbie.
Present becomes pressie.
Costume becomes cossie.
etc.

Alternatively you can use "o" on the end. I've never been able to quite figure out how one decides when to use o or ie. I've come to the conclusion that they're memes. Whatever the first ending is said enough to gain popularity it gains a momentum of its on.

Anyways to clarify all this here's some examples (some Central Coastisms included...)

Beach Comber Hotel = Beachie
Toukley R.S.L. = Arrie (note to Americans we pronounce our a's differently - like ah)
Toukley Bowling Club = Bowlo
Wyong Leagues Club = Leagsey (that ie sound)
Bottle Shop = Bottleo
Norah Head Sports Club = Sportos

Come to think of it most of the "ie"s and "o"s are related to places to drink or purchase booze (piss) from.

Anyways our colloquialisms also have a kind of a cockney take in some instances. For example Tomato Sauce is Dead Horse.

Apparently all this is very hard to pick up. My friend's American girlfriend has been here for some time but still has trouble following conversations on occasion.

Last edited:
Dark Ambience said:
Comeon guys.. cunt is also associated with other swearing words such as 'shit cunt'.... as in "Jeez, your a shit cunt"

Don't forget changing it's form entirely - such as the word "cunting". Often used instead of fucking when describing something in a derogatory fashion.

"That cunting piece of shit" is a great one for many occasions.

lostpunk5545 said:
Anyways to clarify all this here's some examples (some Central Coastisms included...)

Beach Comber Hotel = Beachie

^ hahaha... my girlfriend used to work at that place, bit of a hoot i hear

lostpunk5545 said:
Anyways our colloquialisms also have a kind of a cockney take in some instances. For example Tomato Sauce is Dead Horse.

^ Oh yeah... aussie talk is all about the rhyming slang especially when you talk to the old timers, for example

Old Sock = this is a friend

A boarding house scrape of butter = this means something is really thin

and on and on and on it goes

frog and toad = the road as in, Im gunna hit the frog and toad as in Im gunna hit the road as in Im going ome.

ome = home.

OH and it was an interesting point that the word cunt is so strongy frowned on in the States and had me asking myself..........are there any words in Australia that are heavily frowned upon???

^ drop the word cunt next time your in a bank cue or something and im sure you will see some frowning

eggman88888 said:
^ drop the word cunt next time your in a bank cue or something and im sure you will see some frowning

Ohh totally.........but the way that guinea was talking I got the impression it was like a totally taboo word not even accepted arround mates.

I think it's also important to note that there are two ways of saying cunt:

Caarnt

Kunt

bogan.gif

I love the word 'cunt', it is fucking awesome and probably one of the top five words in the little phrasebook in my head. (two of the others are 'totally' and 'awesome', which isn't very australian at all, but there y'go eh..)

Also, I tend to use 'povvo' more than 'derro' these days....as in 'that's so povvo' (ie:related to poverty, poor)

This thread has made me realise, we really are pretty free and easy with the swearing and such in aussieland, aren't we? Growing up, I only ever knew one of my uncles as RS, which was short for Ratshit. I never actually found out his real name until I was a teenager, and even right up to this day still call him RS.

Plus one of my brother's friends was called Redhole...which nobody thought twice about using as his name either. I can't even remember what THAT dude's real name was at all....crazy! :)

Raz said:
Plus one of my brother's friends was called Redhole...which nobody thought twice about using as his name either. I can't even remember what THAT dude's real name was at all....crazy! :)

A guy who was a few years above me in high school was nicknamed anus. I'm not sure why, I don't know what his real name was, but everyone knew him as anus.

^ Damn having a name like Anus has got to play hell on your social life