Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

you aussies and your moonspeak!

guineaPig

Bluelighter
ok..i saw this posted on an aussie myspace friends comments. someone called him a "bogan". i sent him a message and got no response. sent another aussie BLer a message, no reply. there was an aussie guy eating at the restaurant i work at the other night, i told the server to ask him what a "bogan" was and she didnt do it. worthless whore.

so srsly, translate this, cuz i wanna know.

also, i see that you guys have a thread dedicated for posting in while drunk and by that logic, i will probably become a regular here.
cheers!

ignignokt.gif

a bogan (in my country, new zealand, australia's neighbour) tends to be a rough diamond type who owns old cars, has long hair or a mullet even, wears balck faded jeans and is into heavy metal
usually these individuals live in west auckland over here - west auckland is bogan land
sumtimes ppl call me a bogan - its not an insult really unless ur a bit posh

^ok, assuming thats true...wtf does posh mean???

will someone just educate me on all aussie moonspeak?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Bogan (disambiguation).

Bogan (pronounced /ˈbəʉ.gn̩/, rhyming with slogan) is an Australian and New Zealand English slang term, generally pejorative, for a person who is, or is perceived to be, unsophisticated or of a lower class background. According to the stereotype, the speech and mannerisms of "bogans" indicate poor education and uncultured upbringing. The term is mainly applied to white, working-class people.

The bogan stereotype is roughly equivalent to the American white trash, although the term bogan does not necessarily suggest violent or anti-social behaviour. Certain styles of clothing are stereotypically associated with bogans, including Moccasin-style slippers, ugg boots, jeans, black leggings [5][6][7]

The term "bogan" has sometimes been used in apparently favourable contexts, despite its origins as a pejorative term. Radio station Triple J held a "National Bogan Day" on 28 June 2002, which they commemorated by playing music from bands such as Cold Chisel, Midnight Oil, Rose Tattoo and AC/DC.[8]

# The SBS television show Pizza portrays a stereotypical bogan character named Davo (played by Jabba). Davo is often depicted wearing a flannelette shirt, thongs and a singlet. He also undertakes stereotypical bogan activities including drinking Victoria Bitter beer, smoking cannabis, and talking bogan slang, and is often referred to as a bogan by other characters.
# Australian comedian Chris Franklin's public persona is a self-proclaimed "King of the Bogans", in which he frequently eats meat pies, wears a flannelette shirt with its sleeves ripped off, and occasionally wears a football beanie over his permed mullet. In 1999, Franklin released a comedy single called "Bloke" (a parody of "Bitch" (1997) by Meredith Brooks), which expressed a bogan perspective on male/female relationships.[1]

Bogan is like redneck in America.
Country or outer suburbian type buffoon who loves sport like AFL, listening to bands like Bon Jovi, ACDC and Cold Chisel, wears crummy bumpkin clothes ....or in the case of the city bogan, dodgy copies of American rapper clothing labels like Dada, Snoop Dogg etc.
They drive cars such as utes - most commonly the Holden Commodore. They speak lots of slang, have a slightly different accent and swear a lot.

As for posh - thats just snobby or uptight. =D

dirty, torn flannelette shirts covering AC/DC singlets
extremely tight black jeans
mullet hair cuts
VB and malboros
old holden wrecks on the front lawn
drives utes
very ocker Aussie accents

A lot of this species live in Gosnells/Huntingdale in Perth, Western Australia.

teach me more aussie slang!
i know you got alot! i'd love to hear the translations.:)

1533-regpic.jpg

Said by one bogan male in the Penrith area to a passing bogan female (heavy ocker accent): "Oi slutface, hoik ya pissflaps ovah here an' I might jus chuck a fuck in 'em."

She responded by going over to him, straddling his lap and sticking her tounge in his mouth.

My freind tried the same line on his girlfreind and she slapped him. Which goes to show how lame non-bogans are.

Last edited:
The girl in the bottom-lefthand corner is so hot. I know of an even more fitting pic that you could have posted, Pop Popavich... =D

Innocuous said:
1533-regpic.jpg

Said by one bogan male in the Penrith area to a passing bogan female (heavy ocker accent): "Oi slutface, hoik ya pissflaps ovah here an' I might jus chuck a fuck in 'em."

She responded by going over to him, straddling his lap and sticking her tounge in his mouth.

My freind tried the same line on his girlfreind and she slapped him. Which goes to show how lame non-bogans are.

Because the word "pissflaps" just makes any girl melt. ;)

guineaPig said:
teach me more aussie slang!
i know you got alot! i'd love to hear the translations.:)

Yeah awright cobber.

cobber = mate or aquaintance.

cor blimey = shit aye.

wanker = drop kick.

drop kick = loser.

fair dinkum = really?

Richard Cranium = dickhead

^fucking awesome!
i know i'll use cobber in day to day life frequently.
the rest...it'll take a sec to memorize

Innocuous said:
1533-regpic.jpg

haha I haven't heard someone say that line in years. All class.

Bogans are trailer trash, basically.