• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Xenon, potential applications for me/cfs and other diseases

My b12 actually was high but I believe that isnt rgb e end of it, are there any other tests for indirect b12 measurement, like for example methylmalonic acid, or an equivalent test for folate

B12 level testing is sufficient, not every vitamin has to be as complex as thyroid horomones..

B12 level testing is sufficient, not every vitamin has to be as complex as thyroid horomones..
So do you think if b12 Is in normal range nitrous is unlike to cause any issues, that is besides possible hypoxia (but as with xenon, that's pretty hard to get without using mask and constant flow of gas)

Probably? Hypoxia is not an issue unless you are continously breathing the gas.

I think that B12 is the only concern with long term use.

Would be good to know bc nitrous supply for pain and sound sensitivity could really make it so I need to use less xenon, and ketamine for same purposes

If you're that worried have a complete blood count and a blood chemistry panel done after a period of use. It's totally possible you may be deficient in other nutrients just because of an insufficiently rich diet.

I thought it depleted folate too but I only heard that indirectly plus that wouldn't be so bad to test or supplement

[ref] says that any effect on folate is minor, compared to B12 depletion. That said, vitamins are cheap. Or dark leafy greens...

If you're that worried have a complete blood count and a blood chemistry panel done after a period of use. It's totally possible you may be deficient in other nutrients just because of an insufficiently rich diet.
I'm not trying to be really neurotic or anything and I'd probably trust your word without much need to investigate unless I get symptoms. It's just that I often seem to be more frail and sensitive to rare med induced issues than the average person. And may need to use nitrous more. An example that speaks to both points is that I have had bladder issues from my relatively small or moderate dose of therapeutic ketamine. Most people on drug forums will claim theres no way u can get that effect unless you're abusing ot or they're high doses yet my doctor and I are pretty sure it is this , based on tryin bgg going on and off it a lot. It was the main thi ng helpi ng me with. a number of symptoms, including but not limited to pain sp this is gonna be tough.

So I see myself using nitrous not in a totally irresponsible manner and not necessarily daily but somewhat regularly, just for pain and sound sensitivity and mood. Especially with how expensive xenon is. If it was just once in a blue moon I wouldn't worry about the tests

Oh also ige had cbcs done constantly in past couple months and all fine. Or normal for me. I haven't asked for other nutrients besides b12 tho. But CBC has always been normal. Idk if you need tests beyond that. I have chronic illnesses so I get bloodwork done fairly regularly but it is a pain for communicate with my doctors more than the bare minimum

If you are looking for a NMDA antagonist you can take on the regular, have you looked into memantine? I found it was rather nice, it's no ketamine, but it could help you.

Also, maybe look into building a bag-type rebreather for xenon. Add a water and CO2 absorber carrtridge, and whammo... all the xenon you want, just exhale it into the bag and rebreathe it.

If you are looking for a NMDA antagonist you can take on the regular, have you looked into memantine? I found it was rather nice, it's no ketamine, but it could help you
I have considered memantine. I have some. I was. abit put off by the reports of if causing high blood pressure and strokes but seems somewhat rare. I also havent heard of it being used for pain, so it made me assume it must be quite weaker than ketamine, but I also heard that it can dramatically help with opioid tolerance e. I've also been considering the parent molecule, adamantane

Memantine is more effective than adamantamine/amantadine is. Has more selectivity for NMDA too.

I did not find that blood pressure was unduly elevated when I was using it, and I was taking quite high doses, maybe 100mg, 200mg tops. It lasted a good long time though.

Also, maybe look into building a bag-type rebreather for xenon. Add a water and CO2 absorber carrtridge, and whammo... all the xenon you want, just exhale it into the bag and rebreathe it.
My brain is pretty much mush, poor for executive functioning, I. Can tie my shoes most days but that is it, working on any DIY tasks is unlikely. I did contact the engineering team that built the xenon recycler, asking about how hard it would he to diy , and if they would work on something like that for pay , but got no answers. I wonder if Hamilton publicizing it will bring increased demand for things like that

Memantine is more effective than adamantamine is.
I'm not talking about amantadine. I'm talking about adamantane. Have you taken it? There is almost no data, anecdotal or otherwise but I know some people who are evangelical about it and claim it has effects similar to bromantane but better

Adamantane (C10H16) is not effective as a drug, i don't think. It's just a hydrocarbon, not soluble in water.
160px-Adamantane_acsv.svg.png

The thread on said mystery forum involves an individual who seems to think that because some derivatives of adamantane have pharmacological effects, therefore adamantane itself must too. (this is incredibly wrong)
He can't provide any references showing activity of plain adamantane. As a result you have a thread of people demonstrating the power of suggestion & placebo.
Wiki sez: All medical applications known so far involve not pure adamantane, but its derivatives.
And that makes perfect sense. Adamantane is literally like a little rock - it's round, hard, not very reactive at all. I have a hard time imagining this compound making it into the bloodstream in any amounts.

Last edited:
Could be placebo. Does water in solubility mean it cant work , bc it is lipo0hilic right ?

Well, for a drug to be centrally active, it has to make it to the brain somehow.
Most drugs have at least some water solubility at physiological pH for this reason - if the blood can't move them to the brain (and past the blood brain barrier), they can't produce an effect

I also find it hilarious that because one user provided an example of a testosterone ester linked to an adamantane group, and suggested that the adamantane was responsible for the extended half life (technically correct). He then went on to say that consuming oral adamantane must therefore increase the half life of any and all drugs consumed alongside. (horribly wrong).

you are looking for a NMDA antagonist you can take on the regular, have you looked into memantine? I found it was rather nice, it's no ketamine, but it could help you.
How common do u think dramatic blood pressure problems from memantine are and strokes and what is the mechanism regardless (if I know the mechanism I can know of my POTS/blood pressure meds would provide protection or not )? Also do you think bromantane could help me if I have both opioid and benzo tolerance and this set of issues, bc its supposedly helps with muscle pain, exercise tolerance, gaba and dopamine, even if it isnt a strong nmda antagonist like memantine... and seems maybe safer short term .like long term more of a parkindons risk but short term less stroke risk or nasty anticholinergic effects ?
How would this work? I usually do at least rebreathe and save a few balloons but as you probably know the problem is that the amount of xenon you rebreathe doesnt come out all in one breath so an ideal recycling system would be running all the room air or every exhale through it. Also you get a nice percentage of xenon to c02 on the first few rebreathe and after that it starts to get nasty.

I did not find that blood pressure was unduly elevated when I was using it, and I was taking quite high doses, maybe 100mg, 200mg tops. It lasted a good long time though.
I was partially speaking to your general knowledge about the drug as someone who's read lots of anecdotal evidence rpobably as well as studies. Like how common is it in general. Every drug has some rare side effects that sound awful out of context but its super hard to know how much this translates to anything meaningful. But do you have blood pressure issues to start with, and also u take it vital signs often ?