• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Xenon, potential applications for me/cfs and other diseases

Also xenon is not metabolized, I bet you could get fucked up simply by rebreathing 500mL or so.
By the way, it's not practical for the average Joe to transfer pressurized gases between cylinders.

Here is the spec sheet for Praxair xenon.. They offer tanks of 25, 50, 100, 300, 1000, 5000, and 10000 L. A D8 tank is probably good, 100L is plenty.

Don't forget you will also want a gas regulator with appropriate fittings to the cylinder head. It is impractical and unsafe to attempt to meter gas out of a high-pressure tank: IIRC the tanks are at 500-1000 PSI.

Last edited:
Maybe if you had some xenon and also potassium superoxide you could breathe it for a while?

I think all you'd need would be a column of soda lime to scrub CO2 and a small tank of make-up oxygen gas. Cheaper and safer.

Are there molecular sieves capable of adsorbing xenon molecules effectively, I wonder?

IS superoxide a strong enough oxidant to do anything to xenon? I know that you can form some oxoacids from it as well as fluorides. Xenic acid is a favorite of mine, H2XeO4, an oxidising acid that decomposes to H2O, Xe, and O2 gas!

also the first noble gas compounds were discovered in my hometown whoo

How so? N2O is pretty fun for me. Where did you get it from, whippets or a tank?
Was out of whippets, with some "capsulator" bought from eBay... I managed to use more than one capsule/balloon without any real effecs so for my healths sake I gave up ....

At 15-30L per effective anesthetic session that's maybe one dose per $4000? An expensive drug to be sure.
would def get the 110 liter tank but idk how we'd even split it
mouth to mouth resuscitation?
or
nzeEB5R.png

At 15-30L per effective anesthetic session that's maybe one dose per $4000? An expensive drug to be sure.
Where did you get those numbers? The paper I posted said something about a few liters an hour for anesthesia , and if you extrapolate from that, huffing a liter would probably be a huge dose--i get plenty of benefits from ketamine at doses at least five times lower than the anesthetic dose, so with xenon I'm guessing you won't even need a liter to get effects.

In this video
it looks like less than a liter dose causing major effects

Presumably xenon would act similarly to nitrous oxide, just more potent. So, for shorter experiences oxygen is not strictly necessary. Unless you are attempting suicide, continuously breathing any anesthetic gas without additional oxygen (or periods of inhaling room air to compensate) is a requirement.

If I do want to obtain oxygen is it possible to get decently safe from contaminants grade without a ton of money and prescription ?
I've breathed technical grade oxygen before and mixed it with nitrous also. Seemed to work just fine.

For things like oxygen, air, N2 etc (cheap gases) the cost generally comes from the rental/purchase of the cylinder containing the gas, rather than the gas itself. Xenon is an exception obviously.

What is a regulator and do I need to get one?

Compressed gas cylinders can contain very high pressures, and ordinarily have just a simple faucet-type valve on top to allow gas to flow out. That alone makes it hard if you want to administer only a certain amount of gas at once - it's like a faucet that has two settings, "no flow" and "industrial pressure washer/firehose", and only a quarter-turn between the two states. (Also the pressure will decrease as the tank empties, so adjustments are often neccesary). To solve this issue there are devices known as "regulators", that are usually equipped with gauges (total tank pressure, current delivery pressure) and allow a much more fine-grained means to adjust the pressure and flow. These allow you to dispense gas as rapidly or as slowly as neccesary, and also give you an idea on remaining gas supply.

To further complicate things not all compressed gas tanks are identical. Regulators are not one-size-fits-all; a regulator for hydrogen tanks will have a different connection than an air/O2 regulator to prevent possible damage to the internals from incompatibilities between the material and the gas.

Also, please do your due diligence and familiarize yourself with safe operating practices around gas cylinders. Handled correctly, they are very useful, but they can pose several major hazards. Here's a short review. In the worst possible scenario, a cylinder could tip over, shear the valve off the top, and suddenly become a missile. A T-size tank of hydrogen contains 2400 psi and weighs 66 kilos when full, that can easily go flying through a brick wall or two. And the risk of leaks is also worth noting: a tank of nitrogen emptied quickly into a room could very well displace enough oxygen to make the room into a death trap.

My guess is that the main problemacy will be that they require some proof about your company and possibly do quick check about, e.g. look for webpage and if they indeed produce photo equipment. At least that European sellers will be more serious about that than these RC vendors asking for description of your 'research' topic 😐 but just try, maybe they don't care and just need to ask and store the answers in some database.

Thought about the possibility about managing to order from such companies, but they (at least usual Google top hits like sigma aldrich, cayman chem etc) are just alone economically in some stratospheric dimensions.

They also usw xenon as an inert gas in space travel propulsion. But really don't know if it would be possible to work as a student on something like an experimental space drive..

(apologies if this is considered too close to sourcing, feel free to delete)

Last edited:
I am in. I am ready to try this fucker too. How do we purchase from those chemical companies though? They are such huge obstacle. But figure it out and let me know.

the problem with splitting it is I have no idea how to transfer gases to separate cylinders. the other part (how to order from chemical/gas cos) is something im currently working out, and i think will be relatively easier to figure out

the problem with splitting it is I have no idea how to transfer gases to separate cylinders. the other part (how to order from chemical/gas cos) is something im currently working out, and i think will be relatively easier to figure out

yeah, thats fucked up. i guess ill never be able to try this. unless you lived close by my area of Chicago, then I was willing to go and try it together. But as things stand, you will be the only able to provide any experience. Good luck, and I cant wait to hear your experience. of course hopefuly someone provides you with answers but this forum is real slow moving. try other forums too? try reddit. maybe someone has ideas

well, im just gonna go for ketamine. i have been trying to get it off the black market with no success. i might go into bad credit using those super expensive clinics, but fuck it man, its last resort. we shall see. this xenon stuff is extremely unreliable. and it seems it can be more expensive than ketamine.

Okay , but if they are asking me what pressure I want and what settings I want on the regulator and I get to choose what should I ask for , in terms of psi ?

probably you want a regulator that provides something like 15-30 psi at the output, and the fitting will need to be of the same type that your xenon tank has, probably CGA 580/ CGA 680/ CGA 677

well, im just gonna go for ketamine. i have been trying to get it off the black market with no success. i might go into bad credit using those super expensive clinics, but fuck it man, its last resort. we shall see. this xenon stuff is extremely unreliable. and it seems it can be more expensive than ketamine.
The dealers I knew mostly thought ketamine was just a horse sleep aid. Did you look into the RC derivates 2-fluoro and deschloroketamine? They are two of the few research chems I actually feel comfortable to recommend as alternatives to black market K, that might well contain random, unknown chems and with the RCs, when bought from a trustable source, you at least have a good chance to know what it is. Both are some times more potent and I have used enough of them to conclude they are, in the short term, physically less taxing than K. Watch out for scammers though, I saw an awful lot of fake shops listed high in search results.

Would love a prescription for K, but they require administration in a hospital with monitoring of vital signs etc. which doesn't sound like the best set for anything remotely psychedelic and you need to go there twice a week for some hours ...