• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Will your family name continue?

lok1 said:
1/3 marriages end in divorce, you know one day, many many moons in the future your brother may have a new wife who is capable of producing a mini-raz!
YAY a mini-raz!! That's what the world needs!!! =D

Actually I'd be very surprised if that happens in my brother's case....he's like nearly 40 and this is the second serious girlfriend he's ever had - I think we're stuck with her for the long term (which is good cause she's awesome). :)

When i was younger i couldn't wait to get married and get rid of my long and complicated polish name (oh how things change ;) ) Now if i ever were to get married i would definitely like to keep my name and maybe hyponate it with my partner.

Which brings me to the question - Why can't the men take the girls name now a days? OR when two people get married why can't they take each others? Such as Mary jones married Bob Richards - why can't they both be mr and mrs Jones-Richards? that would be rad =D

I just don't understand now why a woman would want a big part of her identity just taken away and given a new one .... i suppose i'll get into trouble with THAT comment too now seeing as how so many people got upset in my marriage thread? *rolls eyes*

I gave my son his fathers name as i was young and stupid and didn't think my name was important and also his dads was les complicated than mine and i didn't want him to go through what i did with the name but i wish i hadn't now.

I don't think i'll be having more kids but if i do i would like them to have my last name although then i would have kids with different last names.

up all night said:
If I ever marry I don't think I'd take my partners name because it's too much like old fashioned ownership

I was going to say that in my previous comment but figured i'd be jumped on for it ;) I only read the first page before posting... ooops

oh and to actually answer the original question - i have two sisters so if they decided to take their husbands names then it won't live on but my dad has a brother with kids so i guess it will.

anna! said:
I have a female cousin who got married a couple of years ago. Her husband changed his surname to hers because he adored her family so much and wanted to honour them. Definitely not the norm, but it does happen.

And double-barrelled surnames are the bomb diggity.

That's fucking awesome! More of that should be happening =D

joannie_mhm said:
can't you change your son's name?

I probably could but he's 11 already and he likes his last name so wouldn't do that to him :)