• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Will you raise (or have you raised) your kids to believe in Santa?

Will you raise (or have you raised) your kids to believe in Santa?

• Yes, when I have kids I'll raise them to believe in Santa

Votes: 30 52.6%
  • No, when I have kids I'll tell them the truth

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Yes, my kids already believe in Santa

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • No, my kids don't believe in Santa

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I have allowed my kids to believe in Santa, but am unsure if I would again

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I'm not sure which way I'll go yet

Votes: 9 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I ever get the wonderful blessing of having a child I would let my children belive in santa.. the only ever happy times as a child I had was at christmas and I wouldnt for the world want my children to miss out on the magic of make belive and fantasy's...

You would 'let' them? does this mean you wouldn't plant the fantasy in their head and rather let them 'discover' santa by their own means?

^^^ wrong usage of words sorry!!!

Everybody is different... Santa and christmas was the only time I was happy as a child as I was with all my family I wasnt aloud to see during the year I got to see on this day.. they made Santa and my christmas years the best of my life.. If I can share that with my own children some day, so be it..

doofqueen said:
You would 'let' them? does this mean you wouldn't plant the fantasy in their head and rather let them 'discover' santa by their own means?

believing in christmas, santa, presents and all the good happy times that are associated with christmas isn't a bad thing, infact, it's probably one of the best things you, as a parent, could ever do for your children.

I love my parents even more for doing what they do for me, letting me in on something as special as Santa and Christmas, they didn't have to do it and I know that. But they did it because they knew it'd make me happy, it'd make me excited and it was what every other happy kid does at christmas time.

Denying a child the right to Santa and Christmas is basically going to make them exceptionally unhappy, because when everyone is celebrating, making santa things, seeing Santa on the news, seeing Santa in the shopping centres, singing Christmas songs, getting christmas cards,

It's all part of one thing - happiness, nobody should take that away from any child, ever.

keystroke said:
believing in christmas, santa, presents and all the good happy times that are associated with christmas isn't a bad thing, infact, it's probably one of the best things you, as a parent, could ever do for your children.

I really don't think that getting your kids to believe in santa is a sign of 'good parenting' 8) There is plenty more important things to instill in your children.

^^ i didn't read what keystroke said as meaning it was good parenting, but more that it was a wonderful, special thing that he grew up believing in santa and that he has his parents to thank for that.

but correct me if i'm wrong keystroke.

personally i'm undecided if i'll bring my kids up to believe in santa, most likely i will, coz i loved it as a kid.

p.s. DQ, since you believe in faeries, what's your thoughts on bringing kids up to believe in the tooth fairy??? ;)

^^ same shit really! He grew up believing in santa, easter bunny, tooth fairy etc (although he now knows that the tooth fairy isn't true) but i'm not really against the tooth fairy because it doesn't instill what santa represents = commercilism, consumerism , ruining the name of a kind man etc etc

Ah but it's an exchange of Goods and/or services for said money. So it's a financial transaction between yourself and the good tooth fairy. :)

+ someone gets the chance to wear wings!!

I haven't lost a tooth since the GST came into place, and since it's an exchange of goods and services I wonder if the tooth fairy collects GST off kids teeth now?

I wonder, as a small business owner if she has to fill out a BAS statement now ;)

Oh and don't forget, Santa exchanges presents for BEING GOOD, which you could count as a kind of global service ... and he's pretty pedantic about the whole thing too, what with making a list and checking it twice.

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
I wonder, as a small business owner if she has to fill out a BAS statement now ;)

Oh and don't forget, Santa exchanges presents for BEING GOOD, which you could count as a kind of global service ... and he's pretty pedantic about the whole thing too, what with making a list and checking it twice.

bwahahahahahaha. =D

ahh yes, that was a good laugh, thanks SLM.

yes but it's been proven time and time again that parents step in and do what they have to in the way of favours to make sure that santa does come through with the goods to make sure there are no tanties on christmas morning.

The tooth fairy is actually a multi-national corporation. No way in the world will she pay tax. I've heard she has some kind of offshore account set up in the saychelles, and in fact the government is subsidising her, but it's all really run by the reptillian shape shiftes in the illuminati thread. seriously these 2 should be merged ;).

There are investigations taking place as to whether the tooth fairy is exploiting 3rd world kids and not giving them a fair deal in tooth 'sweatshops'

Apparantly the teeth that are taken are ground up to make toothpaste. I guess it makes sense - if tomato sauce contains tomatoes then toothpase *must* contain teeth.

Arrggh. So Analpram-HC Rectal Cream 1% and 2.5% contains 1% and 2.5% anals?

OW

nope, but I don't have a problem with them believing in satan hahaha

doofqueen said:
^^ but you could show your kids that magic of xmas fairies instead though =D

Sorry doof but through the act of pointing at things throughout my two decades of existence, I have murderered all the remaining members of species Faereus mystifolia. The poor bastards never even had a chance to be put on a threatened species list. And I had no idea I was inadverdantly damaging fairy habitat by sharing objects of interest with those people standing closest to me at the times of noticing said objects of interest.

R.I.P. Fairies. Say hi to the dodo for me...

:)

fairies are about as real as santa claus is, and..... well... since that's all bullshit I'd dare say fairies are too....

so letting children believe in fairies is probably worse than letting children believe in santa claus (cause santa actually comes once a year to deliver presents and fairies simply dont do anything)

*shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.