• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Why is Codeine popular? Am I doing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm cimetidine won't work for codeine so no one follow that advice and can actually be really dangerous if someone is allergic to codeine. Promethazine is good for making codeine stronger.

I've taken a lot of codeine at different dosage, and the 4-5 first times it just made me sleepy too. But one day I did it like I used to and it was like I unlocked something in my brain, I was feeling so good and itchy too but that was great (the dosage might be around 200mg) and since that time I've always been getting a good high but had to raise the dosage because of the tolerance. Now I need ~350mg to get high. Btw I'm doing a cwe to separate the codeine from the paracetamol (acetaminophen for the us) the pills I use are 20/400.
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING I HAVE TO SAY, is that I always take 60mg of DXM 1hour before the codeine, which increase greatly the quality of the high. This is for ppl with high tolerance like me, and it works very good and prevents you from going above 450mg which is absolutely inneficient because your body won't metabolise more than this.
I think this right there is a good piece of advice for a better high !

Cimetedine does work for Codeine because it inhibits CYP2D6, which is the enzyme largely responsible for its metabolism. Please enlighten me, how would this deadly combination of heartburn medicine and Codeine create such dangers?

Cimetedine does work for Codeine because it inhibits CYP2D6, which is the enzyme largely responsible for its metabolism. Please enlighten me, how would this deadly combination of heartburn medicine and Codeine create such dangers?
You need this enzyme to metabolize codeine into morphine, so it's not the best idea to take cimetedine which inhibits said enzyme.

codeine in the 'purple drank' form is a fad glorified by mainstream rap music.

the other forms of codeine are usually used when you can't get anything else, or this purple drank fad piqued your interest to try to get high on codeine.

i used to sip the care+ brand with 300mg in it. it fucking sucked.

to get high you gotta dose on an empty stomach and dose all at once.

'sipping lean' is a very ineffective way at getting high.

You need this enzyme to metabolize codeine into morphine, so it's not the best idea to take cimetedine which inhibits said enzyme.

In general, CYP2D6 isn't very susceptible to inducers. No one takes any 2D6(or any enzyme for that matter) inducers and reaps any benefits. They just burn through whatever is metabolized faster. A lot also depends on the substance, something like Oxycodone is metabolized by several enzymes. Though any inducer would be detrimental to both, Oxycodone and Codeine.

Inhibit, when it comes to enzymes, doesn't mean stop metabolism and kill the high.

Substances that inhibit P450(CYP2D6 and a host of others) enzymes most of the time increase plasma levels.

Cimetedine is good for inhibiting all of P450 enzymes, thus slowing metabolism. It slows the conversion from Codeine to Morphine(by CYP2D6), which allows UGT2B7 to more efficiently metabolize Morphine.

Now, Promethazine, which inhibits CYP2D6. Always decreases any CYP2D6 dependant drug for me. I find that only people with tolerances low enough to enjoy Codeine claim that Promethazine adds to the high. All it does is add to the sedation, not the opiate.

^ Cimetadine also increases the chance of someone being allergic to codeine and generally does not go well for some people and it is not safe to use with codeine unless you are expereinced with both and have combined them before. It kill's the high for me so all that enzyme bs is not always true for everyone. People react to drug's differently I get what you are saying though and it does make sense all I am saying is that it does not always work out that easy. Sipping lean is not effective way to get high over pure coedine tablet's or cwe'd tablets. I mean no one should sip it dude you got to take your does all at once and not slowley sip it. Lean is just bullshit dude just drink the cough syrup all at once mixing it with sprite and jelly ranchers and whatever else you do will just make the solution more dilute and lose more drug's. If you really like the taste just drink it quick withing 5 minutes and don't sip take care. Knowledge is power :)

was doing a lot for me for a while now i'm just addicted n 420mg gets me 'mildly high' for 45 mins -_- gonna taper off it

Drank! My buddy is a total Chicagoan, like wears a fedora talks with the east coast accent and all. He also lived in California and then for a few years in Atlanta. He says down in the inner cities on the east coast they'd all hang out and drink that shit like hanging out and having a beer or some shit. That's always what he says too, "DRANK!". Just funny. I've had it prescribed, and I've gotten going from that bit I had once (breaching on stupid high sdoses).

But yeah, codeine sucks ass. I remember some friends driving all the way to cananda once to get codeine/ acetominophen tabs OTC. The bottle says like 2 mgs codeine to 500 mgs tylenold or something stupid. I'm like "You dumb shits, waste of 72 hours of your lives"

^ Cimetadine also increases the chance of someone being allergic to codeine and generally does not go well for some people and it is not safe to use with codeine unless you are expereinced with both and have combined them before. It kill's the high for me so all that enzyme bs is not always true for everyone. People react to drug's differently I get what you are saying though and it does make sense all I am saying is that it does not always work out that easy. Sipping lean is not effective way to get high over pure coedine tablet's or cwe'd tablets. I mean no one should sip it dude you got to take your does all at once and not slowley sip it. Lean is just bullshit dude just drink the cough syrup all at once mixing it with sprite and jelly ranchers and whatever else you do will just make the solution more dilute and lose more drug's. If you really like the taste just drink it quick withing 5 minutes and don't sip take care. Knowledge is power :)

That's really interesting about Cimetidine increasing the chance of someone being allergic to Codeine. Can you post a link to a study or something where they break it down on a Scientific level? Let me help you out, you can't, because it doesn't exist. But just about every cheesy website guide to drugs will tell you that Cimetidine will decrease the metabolism of Codeine and therefore increase its blood levels. If you're actually allergic to Codeine, it's not Cimetidine's fault. It has nothing to do with it. You shouldn't be taking Codeine period if you're allergic to it, Cimetidine won't make you any more allergic to it.

Histamine release is a different story, and you don't have to use Cimetidine to get it. You can achieve it by simply taking more Codeine.

You're really recommending someone to drink the whole bottle of Codeine so they can also load up on enough Promethazine to cause a seizure? Seriously, just stop.

Knowledge IS power, but you don't have any of it. Please don't give people seizure inducing advice.

We make high quality scannable fake ids and replicate every security detail. Our fakes are correctly formatted with magnetic stripes, 1D / 2D bar codes, and scan the same as a real license. well known on campuses everywhere as “The Chinese guy”. the most reliable and professional fake id maker online comprised of the best team of dedicated designers. First time customers can text for details text (443) 961-7308

High Quality passport, id cards and driver's license ([email protected])

the police reports, fingerprints, booking photos and all records of the arrest get eliminated. Moreover, you may then legally answer "no" whenever you're asked whether you've ever been arrested.

Aww, thanks breh.

Holla at me on the corner of Spam and Banned in a couple of minutes, dawg.

Ok I will just say one thing I never recommended chugging the whole bottle I clearly said do drink what ever amount you used fast and not to sip it. I mean whats the point why am I even talking to you tagment is drug that makes you codeine high puuf and dissapear 8o can you post a study or a link saying otherwise? ok did not thinks so I won't even respond anymore not worth it as a lot of knowledgeable people here know that mixing tagment and codeine is a no-no you can search your self.

Ok I will just say one thing I never recommended chugging the whole bottle I clearly said do drink what ever amount you used fast and not to sip it. I mean whats the point why am I even talking to you tagment is drug that makes you codeine high puuf and dissapear 8o can you post a study or a link saying otherwise? ok did not thinks so I won't even respond anymore not worth it as a lot of knowledgeable people here know that mixing tagment and codeine is a no-no you can search your self.

Go ahead, show me someone saying that Codeine and Cimetidine is a no-no. Please show me one of those knowledgeable people saying that.

Your statements contradict themselves. On one hand you say Codeine mixed with Tagamet kills the Codeine but on the other you have to careful with it because Tagamet and Codeine are "dangerous" together. You need to clarifying.

Thanks for not replying anymore.

Codeine and Doriden (Glutethimide) was the best stone on the planet, sadly Doriden was discontinued in '93 in the us. I live in NJ and "hits" as they were known on the street were very popular. Best, euphoric, blissful long lasting high ever. Nothing comes close to my beloved Doriden and Codeine.

Codeine sucks if you have a high opiate tolerance.

But for an opiate naive individual, Codeine can be pretty awesome.

I miss the days when I had a tolerance where 20mg Hydrocodone would rock my world.

20mg Hydrocodone + a few bowls of some dank gave me an incredible high.

When my tolerance was that low, Sizzurp was pretty cool.. the Codeine/Promethazine combo syrup. Sip on that while smoking a blunt.. those were the days!

Now of course, with a HUGE opiate tolerance.. codeine feels like ibuprofen to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.