• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Why don't I get a rush from Heroin?

It's def. that your Heroin is low grade. Even if your dealer supplier says "duuuude I got the best dope in town", every dealer will tell you that.

Proof is, you say DILAUDID gives you a nice rush, but your heroin doesn't.

That's why I always go with Pharmacuticals and say fuck street drugs.

You always know what you have as pharms, but with street drugs, you never know what you exactly have.

Haha what...? I mean, it's no IV coke rush, but shooting heroin should definitely give someone a really pleasurable rush if they dose it correctly. I love the rush from both hydromorphone and heroin and can appreciate the different aspects of both.

My opinion is that the OPs product isn't up to par or the dose isn't enough.

Ive never been in a rush on smack, quite the opposite, i wanna just sit and enjoy not being able to keep my eyes open.

I live near the border in the South West and the dope I used to get was unbelievably strong(I'm clean now). I wouldn't always get a rush but when I would blast a fat shot I would for sure! Make my skin tingle like its being poked by needles, and would get hot and euphoric.... then I would just sit and nod. And try to keep from burning myself with my cigarette lol

Ive never been in a rush on smack, quite the opposite, i wanna just sit and enjoy not being able to keep my eyes open.

Doesn't sound like any heroin I've ever had to me. I just find it hard to believe that quality legitimate heroin does not produce a rush upon IV administration for you, even with a batch that's particularly more on the sedating side. Don't get me wrong, I know some people get batches that lack a strong rush and the high just kind of creeps up on them, but to me, that's not what heroin is all about.

Doesn't sound like any heroin I've ever had to me. I just find it hard to believe that quality legitimate heroin does not produce a rush upon IV administration for you, even with a batch that's particularly more on the sedating side. Don't get me wrong, I know some people get batches that lack a strong rush and the high just kind of creeps up on them, but to me, that's not what heroin is all about.

Are you sure you're not being sold speed instead of heroin.

Are you sure you're not being sold speed instead of heroin.

Yes... Are you sure you're getting heroin?

I have experience with many different substances through IV administration and their respective rushes and while I don't find heroin to be the most intense, I've never heard anyone tell me they don't associate IVing some quality heroin with a pleasurable rush and I'm willing to bet that the majority of heroin users agree with me. Just the fact that the OP is wondering why he's not getting a rush shows that experiencing it upon shooting heroin is an expected effect.

Last edited:
Yes... I have experience with many different substances through IV administration and their respective rushes and while I don't find heroin to be the most intense, I've never heard anyone tell me they don't associate IVing some quality heroin with a pleasurable rush and I'm willing to bet that the majority of heroin users agree with me. Just the fact that the OP is wondering why he's not getting a rush shows that experiencing it upon shooting heroin is an expected effect.

i think this is down to regional terminology. Speed has a rush when iv'd, so does crack... Smack not so much/not at all.

I'm going to back up Effect on this 1.

I also, get VERY stimulated on opiates during the 'high' or 'rush'......
These opiates include-

-Methadone
-Oxycodone
-Hydrocodone
-Heroin
-Dilaudid
-Morphine

I know, MOST people say oxy and hydrocodone gets them stimulated...but on the other hand...it's the opposite for lets say, Heroin, Dilaudid, and Morphine.

Most people, who use Heroin, Dilly, or Morphine say they NOD on it...some others, like myself, and Effect react differently to those drugs.

ALL opiates get me stimulated..unless I add benzos in the mix.

When you say a "rush" whst exactly do you mean? Maybe its regional but i never associated a rush with smack.

I'ts an intense "rush" of the drug hitting you hard only way to describe it.. almost takes your breath away and you better be sitting down.

A lot of the time if you actually HAVE PAIN then the rush is less muted then someone who is pain free just trying to get high... Dilaudid definelty gave me a rush with or without pain

My conclusion to my original thread is: It's really good white/barely off white rock pure (china white) good stuff and I get very high but no rush.. BUT... I think the amount in the shot I do is just not enough for a "rush".. Because I don't want to over do it and it does get me quite high and very noddy for some time.. But I think my brain is just used to the opiate that has the ultimate rush which is dilaudid (hydromorphone). So when I do any other opiate i.v. it just doesn't let my brain give me the major rush that dilaudid produces.. HEROIN WONT DO IT.. unless i do much fatter shots i"m sure.

My conclusion to my original thread is: It's really good white/barely off white rock pure (china white) good stuff and I get very high but no rush.. BUT... I think the amount in the shot I do is just not enough for a "rush".. Because I don't want to over do it and it does get me quite high and very noddy for some time.. But I think my brain is just used to the opiate that has the ultimate rush which is dilaudid (hydromorphone). So when I do any other opiate i.v. it just doesn't let my brain give me the major rush that dilaudid produces.. HEROIN WONT DO IT.. unless i do much fatter shots i"m sure.

actually i think you are right... I had done dilauded for a while and when i would do heroin after it i never wouild feel a rush since the rush from dilaudid is seirously the most intense rush you will ever feel imo.

but you are right now that i think of it...

I really want to try oxymorphone i.v. been wanting to for awhile now.. Used to snort it all the time now I can't find em.

well everybody as of yesterday I finally got my beloved dilaudid white m-4's.. :( But it seems i'm needing ALOT more to get the same rush and high.. Fuck.. how long will this bottle last?! god idk what to do anymore.. Iv'e been shooting constantly.

i think this is down to regional terminology. Speed has a rush when iv'd, so does crack... Smack not so much/not at all.
A rush is a rush. If IV heroin isn't giving you a rush, you either have shit heroin or no idea what a rush is.

Using 90 4mg hydromorphone pills in 7 days i Know what a fuckin rush is.. And oxymorphone