• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Why do you believe in Karma?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yesterday

Bluelighter
aint it funny...
Ok I don't know if I definitly believe in karma per say, but you have got to love when what goes around comes around, ya know?
just found out that the boy who broke my heart got his ass dumped... call me cold and shallow and pety but I'll admit it, I had a good laugh when I heard about him getting his heart trampled on by a girl who was banging one of his best friends. But I'll cut myself off here before I sound like a total bitch.

It is true it all comes back to bite you in the ass. Put out good vibes and take the high road and it can really help you out. Take Care

why do i believe in karma?
because i never ever give money to beggers.
but one day i did and i ended up giving out about 4 bucks in change to various people.
when chrissie and i got to the train station, we needed 4 bucks for the tickets but only had a 20 dollar bill and they wouldn't give any change.
some kind woman at the station gave us twice as many tokens as we needed (8 bucks) and didn't even want any money for them.
-buzzy

I believe in Karma because in the past, when I've done something mean-spirited it has always come back to haunt me in some way. When I have done things that are thoughtful and selfless I have been rewarded. I've seen how others negativity has come back to bite them in the ass...so it's not just my experiences that I've witnessed.
If someone knowingly does you wrong that it will come back to them, it's sort of comforting to believe that.

I don't.
For the same reason I don't believe in Santa Claus.
It's poetic in theory, but in the absence of evidence, my best guess is that it doesn't exist.

ive always believed in it, not necessarily as the term karma, but in general that being good to people is a good thing, and being bad will just only make your life not so lovely
and as i get further on in life, i see even more how this theory really does happen.....

I believe in karma becuz wheneva i watch tha footy & a team does a forward pass or sumthing else wrong which doesnt get picked up on they *alwayz* lose tha ball in tha next set ;)

I have seen what I would call examples of karma although I dont care to list them here.
But perhaps sometimes I use it just as a reason why I shouldnt get revenge, I used to just jump straight in at the deep end if someone did something to me but now I just think karma will solve it and it has honestly saved me from a lot of trouble.
I dont know exactly how it works but I do believe that a lot of the time its the reason why I try not to do anything wrong to people as I feel something bad is less more likely to happen to me if I do stuff bad to others.
Maybe I use it to save myself from doing something stupid in revenge or maybe I use it comfort myself when something goes wrong, who knows but im sticking with it.

I'm cursed with instant karma, so yes I fully believe in it.
Dunno about karma in the reincarnation sense, can't quite remember my past lives at this point to judge.
I see karma in action nearly everyday, and I can't wait for the day it gets my boss.

I believe in karma because if you give people love they will give you love back. If you give people hate, hatred is all that you will recieve.
If we could just all get along, "Peace, Love, Unity, and Respect" and all that there would be no hate and the world overrun with love. Imagine what beaning would be like with all that love. Too, bad right. Unfortunatly, that will never happen. Bad karma only leads to more bad karma which only splits off into more bad karma, and so we have a world of hate. There is only one escape from it all, little pills that make everything all better. So, ill end with some advice. Take beans, and alot of them, stay rolling all day everyday and you will have good karma lol. Smokeing weed helps to, but getting drunk makes you depressed and angry so dont drink more than a case or two a day is you are taking somas? (why cant i fucking spell?)
PEACE

hell yeah, my x broke w/ me for my so called "boy" and he played her ass hard
i love it, i screammed happiness and vengeance when i heard

I pick up hitchhikers, cuz I've needed rides before and walking is a bitch at sunrise on Sunday morning after a night out.
I believe in karma because if you give people love they will give you love back. If you give people hate, hatred is all that you will recieve
Amen.
Hate is an unproductive emotion that achieves and solves nothing. Only a fool wastes their time with hate and vengeance.
I find it too hard too hate, plus I'll forgive very easily anyway. We all make mistakes.
Hateful acts will come back to plant muddy and worn steel-toed boots up your fucking arse.
It's okay too hate. People can do things too us that create anger, loneliness and grief, which in turn causes us to hate. It is natural for us to hate intitially, but unnatural for us to harvest this hate.
You don't win by hating and acting upon it. You win by getting over the situation and on with your life, because if you hate a person that much then they aren't worth wasting time and emotion over.
Peace it is!

I fully believe in Karma- reason being, I am still paying for the naughty things I got up too a few years ago- do something knowingly wrong and you will pay for it harder than the person it was origonally dealt too. I am proud to say I am living a very Karmically inclined lifestyle these days, and counting down the time when my debts will be repayed, can't wait.....bring on the good Karma I say!!

Hate is an unproductive emotion that achieves and solves nothing. Only a fool wastes their time with hate and vengeance.
I definitely disagree with this statement. Hate may not be productive in a way that you are comfortable with, but it can still be productive indeed. I believe hate CAN solve things, when properly directed.
Of course, in order for that to really be acceptable, one has to be comfortable with duality (hate/love) as a "normal" state.
As for karma, I'm with LOVELIFE on this one. I don't buy it. I think it's more commendable to be a good person without having to be prodded with the invisible mystic-stick.

I'm with Acuity. Sometimes it is the only explanation I have for the things that I experience. The idea of karma, it makes sense to me in the respect that most things I have witnessed follow a cyclic pattern. No matter how much I try to ignore it, life always seems to turn out this way. So yeah, I believe in karma. I'm almost afraid not to. ;)

I believe that sending off negative energies does catch up with you eventually, no matter how long it takes.
My life has been wonderful lately, so i must guess that I'm doing a pretty good job of keeping in the positve and giving people the benefit of the doubt in every situation.
If any bad does arise, I try to resolve it as soon as possible in a good way.
~ReD

I believe hate CAN solve things, when properly directed
Give me an example.
Like I said, it's okay to hate. I think you mean that hate causes us to realise that something terribly wrong has happened, and after the hate subsides we are spurred to do something about the problem.
But I don't see how the harvesting of hate gets one anywhere emotionally and mentally.

"I think it's more commendable to be a good person without having to be prodded with the invisible mystic-stick."
Nice wording, Cokeboy. :)
When I behave well, I have increased self-esteem and confidence, which in turn leads to improvements in other areas, and so on.
No reason to ascribe any magical quality to it, in my opinion.
It seems to me that believing in "Karma" is kind of like believing in "Heaven and Hell Lite."

Status
Not open for further replies.