Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Which is your favorite: Stephen King adaption?

Which is your favorite: Stephen King adaption?

• Carrie

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Salem's Lot (1979)

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • The Shining (1980)

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Creepshow

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Cujo

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • The Dead Zone

• Christine

• Children of the Corn

• Firestarter

• Cat's Eye

• Silver Bullet

• Maximum Overdrive

• Stand By Me

• The Running Man

• Pet Semetary

• Tales From the Darkside: The Movie

• Graveyard Shift

• Misery

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Sometimes They Come Back

• Golden Years

• Sleepwalker

• The Dark Half

• The Tommyknockers

• Needful Things

• The Stand

• The Shawshank Redemption

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • The Mangler

• Dolores Claiborne

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • The Langoliers

• Thinner

• Trucks

• The Shining (1997)

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Quicksilver Highway

• The Night Flier

• Apt Pupil

• Storm of the Century

• The Green Mile

• Hearts In Atlantis

• Rose Red

• Carrie (2002)

• Dreamcatcher

• Secret Window

• Riding the Bullet

• Desperation

• Nightmares and Dreamscapes: From the stories of Stephen King

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • The Mist

• It

• Total voters
Also, I made a spelling error. It's Stephen, not Steven. I thought I'd point it out before another person inevitably does. ;)

Sleepwalkers is my pick... though I've never seen Maximum Overdrive. Thank God.

i want to see a Gunslinger series of films.

Personally I think it should be done as an Anime.

As I said in another thread, I think "The Library Policeman" would be a great adaptation, though only if it pulled no punches. I also think "The Sun Dog", "Beachworld", and "The Jaunt" would translate well.

When I read The Shining as a kid, it was seriously the scariest and most horrible thing I could have done to myself lol. I can't really stay on topic with this thread since I haven't seen all of these adaptations, but Kubrick's version of The Shining simply isn't scary at all. To me that's a crime because the book is a horror mindfuck. I'd probably call it the most scary thing I've ever read or seen, and I think that there should have been at least 25% of that fear in the film adaptation. I love Kubrick, but I have to say he failed in that objective.

Honestly, the TV version they released some time ago was more frightening. I'd like to see the Japs get ahold of this one, they seem to be the only ones capable of making genuinely frightening stuff. A David Lynch version would be scary as well.

bump for merge. best and worst do not need to be seperated.

segregation ftw! cuz deep down inside, all threads are the same!

Now I would love to see The Long Walk, which he wrote as Richard Bachman, made into a movie. In the hands of a greak King director such as Frank Darabont or Ron Howard, this could be a great movie if made in the same vein as Battle Royale and pulled no punches.

For those unfamiliar with the story, it begins with 100 kids, all under the age of 18 who have volunteered and have been selcted for the long walk. The winner's prize is anything he wants in the world. There are a few catches. If a walker falls behind the set pace. After three warnings, he is shot on site. Also, no one is allowed to stop and rest. The walk ends when there is only one kid standing. This is a walk to the death. The story is very intense and heart breaking. I would love to see this made in the hands of the right director.

yes i would also love to see this adapted. this and insomnia.

I thought the Stand was pretty good. I loved how they played that Blue Oyster Cult song at the first. And then when the unsuccessful rock singer Larry goes to visit his mom and she just cuts to the chase. "How much do you need, Larry?"

Classic!

ugh. i think the stand was one of the worst. but i also dont think it had all that much going for it with the botched, thrown together ending that the book provided.

maximum overdrive is wonderful just for the fact that it is THAT bad.

I think you meant "segregation ftl!", IP.

I have no clue why the thread I created was merged with this one. This has to do with your favorite Stephen King films. I wanted to know what everyone thought was the worst.

All threads are not the same. Two completely different topics generate two different types of conversation.

I have much doubt that people will come into this thread and think "oh, now we're talking about both the best and the worst, I shall modify my post". They'll come in thinking about replying as to what their favorite is and my question will be ignored.

If you're going to merge them (which I still think is unnecessary) at least change the title of the thread to something like "Stephen King Film Discussion". I respectfully disagree with this move. :)

Last edited:
I think you meant "segregation ftl!", IP.

I have no clue why the thread I created was merged with this one. This has to do with your favorite Stephen King films. I wanted to know what everyone thought was the worst.

All threads are not the same. Two completely different topics generate two different types of conversation.

I have much doubt that people will come into this thread and think "oh, now we're talking about both the best and the worst, I shall modify my post". They'll come in thinking about replying as to what their favorite is and my question will be ignored.

If you're going to merge them (which I still think is unnecessary) at least change the title of the thread to something like "Stephen King Film Discussion". I respectfully disagree with this move. :)

With all due respect, I agree with Amy. This is exactly what that poster in the feedback forum was talking about. Favorite Stephen King adaption and Worst Stephen King adaption (which would you like to see adapted) are two completely different threads. The only common bond is Stephen King. I was actually going to post books of King's that I would love to see adapted into a movie, but I didn't want to derail the Favorite Stephen King adaption thread.

Personally, I would have kept the two threads seperate.

Regardless of the move I thought the 'what stories would you want adapted into a movie' was a really cool idea, Frank. Unfortunately, I haven't read any King besides like half of Cujo. Maybe start an entire thread on it in a general sort of way? Or would starting threads with specific authors in mind be better? Do you think guys think it would generate discussion?

^good spot

have two king threads, love and hate is as silly as having two threads for each film (positive and negative). the title is uniform with the others since it has the poll in it.

discussion does not necessarily have to be literally answering the subject matter question. geez amy i thought you of all people would know this.

I though you of all people would respond my request with as much respect as I addressed in mine. I still, respectfully, disagree.

::shrugs::

/moves on

Also, thanks wanderlust for bumping that thread. I completely forgot about it. Short memory and all...

On topic, though I voted for Misery as it is my favorite I think technically the best adaptation has to be The Shawshank Redemption... The Green Mile a close second.

Last serial post... but I think I (somehow) voted for Misery twice? Perhaps not but I could swear I already entered a vote for it... perhaps my short memory has got the best of me twice now. :D

Shawshank Redemption by far.

The Stand was actually my favorite King novel, but the film adaption was fucking horrible. appalling. disgraceful. a downright shame.

Let me also plug "Storm of the Century" as a contender, though I didn't vote for it.

I liked "The Stand", though I admit it would've been better served as a much longer, cable miniseries.

dolores claiborne

Ooh, good call girly. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It is an underrated classic imo. Such a brilliant film, and one of my all time favourites no less.

However, I went with Stand By Me. It's the one I've watched the most from the list.