Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's on my bucket list to read all hunter s. Thompson books kingdom of fear was a good one
I haven't gotten 'round to reading any of his stuff, just seen Fear and Loathing, and The Rum Diaries. I used to read a lot more when I was a substitute teacher, I'd tell the kids as long as they pretended to work and left me to my book we were cool lol. They all loved me for it, I was just lazy. Like, if I did try to educate them, most were so dumb they didn't understand what I was saying... so why bother? Educated myself instead, read a book every week lol.

Deadcon (2019)

A horror/supernatural film. Possibly the least scary 'scary' film I've ever seen. There weren't even any jump scares. Another Netflix original I believe, and a really, really dull one too. Couldn't watch it all, it was just too boring. Avoid.

1/10

Boooo!! I liked ‘Deadcon’. Mostly because those annoying ass social media “influencers” got what they deserved. Good riddance! It wasn’t the scariest, but it was decent.

A great horror movie that went under the radar is ‘Case 39’ with Bradley Cooper and Renee Zellweger.

Reactions: CFC
The Handmaiden (2016) by Park Chan-Wook

I plan on catching up on Park's work and will include this. Thanks!

Deadcon (2019)

A horror/supernatural film. Possibly the least scary 'scary' film I've ever seen. There weren't even any jump scares. Another Netflix original I believe, and a really, really dull one too. Couldn't watch it all, it was just too boring. Avoid.

1/10

I'm pretty sure this one is already on my log of bad movies, but I may have to watch it (entirely :( ) again to be sure...dammit.

The Wolf of Wall Street (2019)

L. DiCaprio in a role as someone entering stock trading in the late 80's, his learning the ropes then finding a way to make millions off of getting people to invest in his recommendations (commission work). Decent story line of a wife, a divorce, a wife, kids, divorce, and an truckload of hookers and blow along the way make up the non-financial part of the story. However, the heart of the story remains his climb to riches, illegal activity and extravagant lifestyle (feeling invincible), and making the most of his God given talent to convince others to buy. He has a core team of fk-ups as his partners at the outset, and by the end we have moral dilemmas for several on saving themselves vs their friendships, though his role and decisions remain the centerpiece. Lots of breastages, as there are lots of hookers. Brief full frontal nudity, but a lot of full backside nudity throughout. LOTS of drug use, which frequently leads to pretty funny scenes as they try to do things while being non-functional. Some family drama, but not overwhelming, just making him human. It's long. Around 3h long, it doesn't drag at points but it's not going full speed either. Hard to see much they could have trimmed, but it still feels like a full 3h. Good film. 7.5/10

L. DiCaprio in a role as someone entering stock trading in the late 80's, his learning the ropes then finding a way to make millions off of getting people to invest in his recommendations (commission work). Decent story line of a wife, a divorce, a wife, kids, divorce, and an truckload of hookers and blow along the way make up the non-financial part of the story. However, the heart of the story remains his climb to riches, illegal activity and extravagant lifestyle (feeling invincible), and making the most of his God given talent to convince others to buy. He has a core team of fk-ups as his partners at the outset, and by the end we have moral dilemmas for several on saving themselves vs their friendships, though his role and decisions remain the centerpiece. Lots of breastages, as there are lots of hookers. Brief full frontal nudity, but a lot of full backside nudity throughout. LOTS of drug use, which frequently leads to pretty funny scenes as they try to do things while being non-functional. Some family drama, but not overwhelming, just making him human. It's long. Around 3h long, it doesn't drag at points but it's not going full speed either. Hard to see much they could have trimmed, but it still feels like a full 3h. Good film. 7.5/10
great film Martian Scorsese I believe, I like when he takes the ludes and thinks he had a mellow drive home next day he crashe so many cars going slow was great

great film Martian Scorsese I believe, I like when he takes the ludes and thinks he had a mellow drive home next day he crashe so many cars going slow was great

One of my favorite parts of the film. The race home and interaction with his buddy, then the revelation when the cops wake him on the couch.

I just watched Independence Day: Resurgence, It was about as bad as I expected it to be, a little worse actually. I didn't watch it with high expectations but there weren't any interesting plot twists or even real fist-pump inducing one-liners. I knew it was going to be a cheese-fest, but it still managed to miss the mark somehow. Overblown, CGI fluff without the charm of something cheesy like Starship Troopers. There were plenty of parts where I literally knew what the characters were going to say... linear and boring... I also have a pet peeve in movies where they obviously have Chinese production companies/money involved and they introduce ham-fisted elements to appease their backers. I speak Mandarin fluently and with just a little bit of thought, you could actually add funny or clever dialogue that adds to the plot of the movie. Also, maybe get some white actors that won't butcher the language? Anyhow 3.5/10, give it a miss.

Last edited:
‘Starship Troopers’ is fun to watch! I really liked that movie back then. I’m not sure how I would feel watching it today. Denise Richards was so hot. Mmmm...

‘Starship Troopers’ is fun to watch! I really liked that movie back then. I’m not sure how I would feel watching it today. Denise Richards was so hot. Mmmm...

I watched it last year and really enjoyed it. It looks clearly 80/early 90s but I really enjoyed it. It came out before I was born though, so I can't compare watching it now vs when it was released. Some movies look dated but are still good. I still enjoy Weird Science as much as when I was a kid....but maybe I never liked it for the plot exactly..;) hehe

I'm gay, but Denise Richards is the kinda gal that makes me do a double-take. She has a kind of Jeri Ryan-esque quality to her. I think it's the eyes or something. But yeah, beautiful.

I just watched Independence Day: Resurgence, It was about as bad as I expected it to be, a little worse actually. I didn't watch it with high expectations but there weren't any interesting plot twists or even real fist-pump inducing one-liners. I knew it was going to be a cheese-fest, but it still managed to miss the mark somehow. Overblown, CGI fluff without the charm of something cheesy like Starship Troopers. There were plenty of parts where I literally knew what the characters were going to say... linear and boring... I also have a pet peeve in movies where they obviously have Chinese production companies/money involved and they introduce ham-fisted elements to appease their backers. I speak Mandarin fluently and with just a little bit of thought, you could actually add funny or clever dialogue that adds to the plot of the movie. Also, maybe get some white actors that won't butcher the language? Anyhow 3.5/10, give it a miss.

I enjoyed this film, surprisingly. It wasn't as good as the original, but I found it was an entertaining way to spend an hour or two, and I could watch it again some day.

7/10 for me.

I agree with much of this. For me the 3 hour thing was just a killer though. My ADHD doesn't normally permit me to watch anything longer than 2 hours.

6/10

I'm gay, but Denise Richards is the kinda gal that makes me do a double-take. She has a kind of Jeri Ryan-esque quality to her. I think it's the eyes or something. But yeah, beautiful.

Oh yeah, Jeri Ryan...I can see that.

You’re gay?! What guy isn’t gay here?! There’s nothing wrong with it, but fuck! Us poor girls are out of luck.

• Haha
I've been watching twin peaks origional show in the 90s, I've seen fire walk with me and the 2017 episodes david lynch is the man

As a 10 year old or so when it first came on TV, Twin Peaks just did my head in with its weirdness and it found it a bit spooky/supernatural I think. I've really been meaning to watch the whole thing again, properly, with my adult brain and see how it is.

Oh yeah, Jeri Ryan...I can see that.

You’re gay?! What guy isn’t gay here?! There’s nothing wrong with it, but fuck! Us poor girls are out of luck.

😂:LOL:

Gays and drugs I guess? I dunno, but you're right, there do seem to be an unusually high proportion of gay guys on BL.

Status
Not open for further replies.