• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What's the best party you have been to??

Tabernacle said:
Best Music Party: Well i'm gonna use the sight and say EC 2003

hehe i also have the gift of foresight... and yes... it will the best, i think the aliens might even be landing for this one :)

peace

Beyond the Brain - Epicentre, Byron Bay - Aug 1996 changed my life, but the final BtB in 1997 @ the Epicentre was the absolute best party I've ever been to. Nothing has ever topped it and nothing probably will.

It was all there. Amazing DJs, unbelievable production (lasers, decor, everything) and the most full on crowd I've ever seen. They were so up for it, it was scary.

Fantastic :=D

-edit- Oh yeah, I forgot the crucial ingredient... Getafix 8o

Last edited:
Just some really amazing ones... I'd struggle to pick a favourite.

As a quick list:

Eptas 18 @ Laverton (first rave)
Hardware Uni @ Kryal (I think a few years back? where it was 30 degrees?)
Shite I honestly cant think of names :p WOTW2038.. a heap of earlier ones... thats how good they were larf.
Labyrinth @ Colonial Hotel :)

Music wise, absolutely definately:
DJ Rush @ Pureflow Gets Wet & Lab4 @ Dex

Hahahah I remember the Billabong, although I think I'd rather NOT remember it. ;)

I can't name just one party as there is too many to mention, but here are some I'll put down.
Rainbow Serpent 2000: Can anyone say Hallucinogen? :)

2 Tribes 2000 @ The Docks: I don't care what anyone says about the other ones, this one clearly had the best dj's, and the best variety. I also had a pretty good time as well. ;)

EC Nov 2000

Hardware Universe 2001

Oh and I'll also put in a special mention for Eldorado.

Genasirus said:
...Labyrinth @ Colonial Hotel :)
[/B]

I remember this, why dont these guys put on any more shows? I know sunny is there now, ahhm the memories. Other then that and sunny parties:

1. Rainbow Serpent 2003
2. Outback Eclipse Fest
3. Rainbow Serpent 2002
4. E.C. Elderado rough rider 2002

-Every Picture Tells A Story 20 - The Art of Magick (May 2000) - my first rave *sigh* dancing to Sugar *sigh again*

-Pharmacy 6, Events Wharehouse, May 2002? Hennes and Cold...OMG. Best music, best people, best drugs, OK venue (except for the water and no talc on the floor). And it completely surpassed all my expectations, and I was pretty damn excited! Overall fave.

-Reactor, April 2003 QBH: DIdn't expect much, had an absolute ball. And was straight!

Synapse 4: Didn't know much about it, but kinda knew it would be special. Simple but good - decor, venue, hard dirty trance (and psi), and relaxed atmosphere. Helped me regain my love for the simple things.

:)

oh gosh it's so hard to narrow it down!! :D some highlights:

- Class War, early 99 (my first underground party, my best pill ever)
- MUD party "Pleazure" 2000 i think. not the one in June, the one in about march, possibly at bertie st, possibly not.
- Rainbow serpent, the one with Hallucinogen (2000?)
- Jungle bizness, even tho we couldnt score a thing all night and froze our asses off. what a night it was!
- Infected mushroom at an outdoor party, i think in 2000
- LTJ Bukem at POW the first time. i saw him at aurora 3 previous but this party was the one where i met some people who remain cherished friends.. mmmmm LTJ is the man! :)

there are more, i could prolly keep going for ages, so many great memories! i know there's other parties but i dont remember the names/dates of them... *sigh*

Forbidden freeland 2!!! HAHA i got so many blisters getting the coal dust out of my khaki phat pants and cream fleece... crazy party, crazy days :D

was this Forbidden party in early 2001, in some shed that was about to collapse? i went to a Forbidden party in some outer suburb round then. we had to walk across some industrial paddock to get there. the only DJ i remember was Chris Turner. pretty farken fun, but i never made it out of the car for more than half an hour. damn white Pokemons!

new_piller said:
Pearl Jam @ Melbourne Park, 1998, first show, GA.
Fantastic, there is no better band live!!!

i was at the second show of that tour, and it was fucking awesome. in terms of concerts, it's probably my favourite alongside moby (this year) and jet. they were all awesome. also, pearl jam's 2003 second and third night deserve special mentions too, but they're not quite up to those other three i mentioned.

as for a rave, godskitchen 2002 was my first, and is still my favourite. as someone else said, avb was fucking brilliant! coming in second would be advent*jah @ kryal, november 2002. also a very good night :D

ahh i was at the pearl jam show at the myer music bowl - the one where they knocked down the fences and just flooded the place.. although i didnt know...

i camped out since sunday morning the day before tickets went on sale for the show.. and still only got in the grass area. so i camped out outside the music bowl from 3pm the day before the gig (yes i did go home for a shower, friends held my place). as a result i got a special armband that entitled me to a place infront of the seated area, right in front of the stage - second row!! so close i could read the stickers on their guitars!

i got so crushed at some points i had to exhale and hold it to make room for my ribcage. sometimes i was bouncing but my feet werent touching the ground, i was being held aloft by the people around me...

fucking fantastic show, one of the most outstanding moments of my younger years. :)

LTJ Bukem at POW the first time. i saw him at aurora 3 previous but this party was the one where i met some people who remain cherished friends.. mmmmm LTJ is the man!

Hell yeah ltj at pow rocked it, the vibe with the crowd there was awesome, lots of overseas dudes, everyone hell friendly, nice venue.... and... LTJ is the man! :)

field day jan first 2003. but only about - 3 people here went. you are all into your transmission and utopia. :p
anyway, i thought it was awesome, especially the last 45 mins when dimitri from paris did his set.

im only kidding. i know the vibe at tt, transimissions, and utopias are good. the only one i have liked in that genre was slinky down in melbourne.

Another vote for Bukem at POW...
... hangon TT 2002, or 2003(ignoring logistic probs)?, fuck so many good parties...

more recently 5am@ROOM
*high fives the evil Witch*

Probably Muzikal Kloudz 4 (MK4) on last year in August, ive been to heapsa undergrounds but for some reason i had a really really awsum time that night, ummm Utopia NYE just past was good as well (even though the utopia promoters are money hungry i tells ya! :p)

But this year there hasnt really been any parties that have really made me go WOW ... hmm except Fantasia at Homebush which was pretty sweet but not THE best party material :p

this might not sound like much, but for me it was Future Elements last weekend (31st May). it was probly the best night of my life cos nothing went wrong and the drugs were bloody brilliant.

yes, i am from hobart and u dont get much better here!

Jungle Bizness - 2000
Pleazure - 2000 (June)

Nothings compared since, although I don't go to parties anymore hehe

Flexistentialist wrote:
...but the final BtB in 1997 @ the Epicentre was the absolute best party I've ever been to. Nothing has ever topped it and nothing probably will.
...Ahhhh the Byron Epicentre or Eckie centre as was known by locals.

Just about summed up my thoughts on what was my best inside event. The two BtB's I attended were amazing events. Weird shit happening all night. I've never seen a better or equal laser show than the Techno Fear system used at the last event. Full color - awesome. Who could forget the dolphin that swam down the room, looked up and winked at you before diving into the water. The crowd reeled from the expected splashing. Incredible show, but 1 of only 5 sound rooms that night, and a tiny bit of overall production.

I honestly couldn't say what my best outdoor event has been - there's so many. But perhaps the best festival experience is your first. For me this was way before doof, at the first 3 day Nambassa festival, Waihi NZ. Overall it was in some ways more revolutionary for me than the rave concept. I saw twins being born, smoked dope in front of cops, saw every form of alternative energy displayed, and simultaneously learned how to make whiskey while doing a workshop on building house trucks. We swam naked and fucked on the beach and I got given my first real acid. For many of us the weekend was a major turning point in our lives. This included some, prior to that time, very straight friends :)

two tribes 2003 on the gold coast was special for me - will all my new queensland friends - groovin from day to night ahhhh feel the love!!!

( i would put a pic in but i dont know how :( )

The best ones would have to be (in no particular order):

- Carl Cox for 6 hours in Munich in Y2K
- Y2K Love Parade, pre party, and post party
- Frankie Knuckels @ TT 2003
- Dr. Motte at Love Parade @ QBH 2002 especially the end was wicked!
- Mayday, Dortmund, Y2K
- Beats Working @ Laundry last month!!
- Welcome 2003 with John Digweed playing an extended encore!

Keep it real homies!!

--dex