• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What is the Most Visual Psychedelic?

salvia is very visual,

I was gonna say, Salivia needs a shout but you beat me to it.

It is pretty much on the same level as DMT for it's potential to really teleport you to another universe which is as real as can be. I never tried DMT, just salvia, but researched things etc.
35mg vaped DMT=1 oz orally ingested shrooms=1.5g mescaline=1mg LSD

Wow, maybe some DMT is stronger. I heard of many people many times using this much Salvia and not breaking through. I mean, 1mg of LSD is a lot.

But you say vape? I also heard from others about phenominally potent effects from Salvia when vaporized compared to smoking.

@AutoTripper: "...... But you say vape? I also heard from others about phenominally potent effects from Salvia when vaporized compared to smoking."

That's interesting. I have tried with no success to vaporise leaf . Did the others you heard about vaporise fortified leaf or was it the actual Salvinorin A they vaped? Also if it was leaf was a special method?

I'm very keen to explore the vaping way.

@donvliet I sort of understand, does that mean basically tryptamines are all derived or copied from DMT?

It means they are all chemically related to the substance tryptamine. The T in DMT stand for tryptamine (N,N-DiMethylTryptamine). The same goes for the other names.

But I just re read and magic mushrooms are tryptamines too? I'm so confused as loads of the tryptamines have DMT in the mix of letters in their names

magic mushrooms contain psilocin and psilocybin, both tryptamines. Lots of tryptamines contain DMT in their name. They are all different but related substances. There are also tryptamines that don't have DMT in their names, like 4-HO-MET for example.

Is it even a ayahusca trip if the person doesn;t start begging the shaman to blow their fucking brains out to the end the trip its so powerful i want to take the ceiling dose and see how far things goes for myself.

You crazy mofo, I read about a guy who went on holiday on one of those retreats, this guy had the devil and his minions grabbing him and trying to pull him down to hell, he was in a room with loads of others tripping balls on one those tourist holidays where they get a guide or a shamon to oversee it and dose them, this guy was pulled into the depths of hell by Satan or something and it was never ending, he looked like he was being possessed, it sounded horrific

Not my idea of fun, if I knew I'd have a good trip I'd drink it but not after some of the things that can disturb a person for life, same why I wouldn't to with DMT, along with other reasons

There are also tryptamines that don't have DMT in their names, like 4-HO-MET for example.

Coll thanks I'm up for trying a dose of mushrooms (tried mushroom chocolate before) might try truffles one day, got offered some before lockdown but canceled as didn't want to have bad trip at start of a scary pandemic when my anxiety was bad, and maybe if I ever come across 4-HO-MET ever in the future I'll try some

@AutoTripper: "...... But you say vape? I also heard from others about phenominally potent effects from Salvia when vaporized compared to smoking."

That's interesting. I have tried with no success to vaporise leaf . Did the others you heard about vaporise fortified leaf or was it the actual Salvinorin A they vaped? Also if it was leaf was a special method?

This is a bum steer.
Salvinorin A vaporizes at such high temps (in the 500 degree f range) that you attempt it in your home you will probably damage your lungs forever or something else you care about. I am very unhappy that so many people recommend torch lighters for salvia. a regular lighter or match will do enough to ignite the base material that melts the Salvinorin A and allows droplets of that liquid into the smoke stream when the smoker inhales.

"Vaporization consists of heating pure salvinorin A, extract, or powdered leaf to a high temperature without igniting it. The temperature must be high enough for at least some of the salvinorin to temporarily become a gas (vapor). The ideal air-stream temperature for vaporization is approximately 277° C (530° F.)"

Vapes generally should not go that high.

smoking is best, the crystal sally molecule becomes a droplet of liquid and that rides on the smoke-stream into your lungs. the leaf provides a smoke stream by burning. I prefer cigarette paper to leaf and have deposited extracted crystal Salvinorin -A to cigarette paper and cut that into tiny strips for consumption by burning in a one hitter. this is the most effective way to use it.

When Daniel Siebert published his anecdotal discovery trip in his lab, he reported vaporizing it from a metal plate and inhaling the vapor through a glass straw. By the time it got into his throat it was already liquid not hot gas, He is not very thorough in his analysis of what was going on. AND he has continued to promote use of torch lighters.

This confuses the subculture which is aware of activation temperature in such things as decarboxylating cannabis by heating to 240 degrees (approx) for 20 mins in an oven to activate the THC-A to THC so that it can be eaten, otherwise smoking activates weed by burning. No activation temperature for salvinorin-A exists. [end of rant]

Last edited:
Can anyone here compare a high dose mushroom trip to DMT in terms of visuals?

I've never done DMT but found the high dose mushroom trip to be quite visual at times.

I've never done DMT but found the high dose mushroom trip to be quite visual at times.
Mushrooms have no ceiling i believe with cannabis added on it in doses exceeding 15 grams of cubensis it can be. My largest shroom trip i ate 7 grams of subs which is like 13 grams cubensis and i had the insane DMT buzzing noise that got so strong i left my body and felt my brain broke and the visuals were so alien they had no relation to the human experince on shrooms i cant even describe them with words just remeber the image in my mind i also gnomes pop out of the floor from the matrix looking me down.

I was gonna say, Salivia needs a shout but you beat me to it.

It is pretty much on the same level as DMT for it's potential to really teleport you to another universe which is as real as can be. I never tried DMT, just salvia, but researched things etc.

Wow, maybe some DMT is stronger. I heard of many people many times using this much Salvia and not breaking through. I mean, 1mg of LSD is a lot.

But you say vape? I also heard from others about phenominally potent effects from Salvia when vaporized compared to smoking.

I’ve smoked Salvia but never vaped it. I’ve heard of people trying and claiming they’ve done it but have yet to see a tek that actually works. After watching Hamilton’s Pharmacopeia on Salvia I tried quidding and haven’t looked back. It’s lasts as long as a shroom trip which is bananas. Fucking love me some Sally 😊

In my experience high dose shrooms are indistinguishable from DMT visuals once you reach a 1/2 oz or so with no tolerance. I’ve only done it twice and both were before I ever tried DMT, and when I tried DMT my first thought was “Oh I’ve been here before”. My honest opinion is that if you have a reliable source of shrooms and are willing to push the dose up a bit you’re really not missing much from DMT. Most would disagree but that is my experience.

You could also use Rue/Caapi harmalas or moclobemide in combination with shrooms (look up psilohuasca) to both increase the intensity and duration of the shroom experience. I do this once a year or so due to the intensity of the experience but I genuinely appreciate the inner work you can get done when you’re in the breakthrough space for 4-5 hours. Wouldn’t call it fun per se but I can draw pretty clear lines from my psilohuasca sessions to improvements I’ve made in my everyday life over the years, more so with psilohuasca than with any other experience outside of mescaline. Cactus is and will always be the King on my book.

Sounds really good to me, I'm looking for visuals and no mindfuck psychedelics too, I finnaly got hold of 2cb tonight, they're so hard to find, hopefully they're legit but both times done 2cb before I loved it

If you’re looking for max visuals with minimal mindfuck than bufotenine is what you’re looking for, if you can either find it or extract it yourself. I would say that while it sounds good in theory bufotenine’s lack of mindfuck is it’s biggest downfall. It’s basically a DMT breakthrough that you could call your mother on and have a lucid conversation. But the visual aspect is so impressive that it’s worth doing at least once.

That being said, as Aeon alluded to, its kind of a pointless question unless you are creating an equivalency of dosage between different substances. For me something like:
This. One reason LSD, for example, is often described as being so visual is because at various points in time it has been cheap to the point of being free AND it's very readily dosed high. The barrier to eating a ten strip is lower than the barrier to eating ten linear feet of cactus. Vaping a high dose of DMT is even easier and lower commitment.

Bufotenine (5-HO-DMT) hands down, which is also my answer to best/least known and used psychedelic. Unless you are gifted in extraction you probably won’t ever see it, but it is absolutely breathtakingly visual.
This. Although it's different in character than DMT and especially salvia, I'd say that 5-HO-DMT (NOT 5-MeO-DMT) nudges them out for the top spot in this arbitrary ranking system. It's got some of the lushest and most awe inspiring visual experience of anything I've ever had. It also has practically no headspace. And in my experience about 2/3 of people get horribly unpleasant, toxic-feeling side effects from it that dissuade them from ever trying it again. Luckily, I don't.

As for 4-HO-MET or 4-AcO-MET, it's absolutely wonderful. Light, playful, childlike, refreshing, it has a cool and energetic feel to it like a bracing early spring breeze. For me, it also has visuals of staggering beauty, complexity, and detail--all while having a gentler headspace than mushrooms. That's not to say it doesn't have a headspace--difficult experiences are still possible--but that compared to one of the deepest psychedelics (psilocybin) it's quite mild. I find it pretty much delightful, but also don't find myself revisiting it very often. YMMV.

Yes Im referring to the concentrated extracts, like 40x or above. You would need a precisely c9nfigured setup, device, load etc, and a high enough temp. Above standard cannabis vaping temps, but below combustion.

I have heard of it working far more powerfully when successfully vaporized.

how to vape below combustion, Salvinorin vape temp is ~550 degrees f.
think it through.

I'm forgetting the name, but there was an RC in TiHKAL that caused sound to be heard distorted and off-pitch (one of the DMT analogs maybe?) I'd be interested to know if alongside that there was also cognitive shifting.
There is slight cognitive shifting for the first few hours with DiPT, but the audio effects last for up to 2 days, when you're otherwise 100% sober.

The strongest audio effects (sounds you wouldn't hear if you hadn't consumed DiPT) last less than half a day, but it takes around a full two days for music to start sounding normal again.

DMT if you want them 100% without fail. But the flavour is DMT.
My favourite combo is lots of LSD(300mcg+), little bit of MDMA and lots of ketamine and Nos. I get incredible visuals from this in a totally different fashion to what I get from DMT. It's much more recreational yet still incredibly intense and spiritual experiences are still very much possible..

Tie between 2cB and candy flipping

2cB less visuals but I was clearheaded enough to enjoy and remember them all

Acid+molly was visuals so intense I couldn't process and remember very much of it. There were periods I could not see my hand in front of my face; not even that high dose of either. Maybe 200ug acid and 150mg molly

If dosed high enough I can say from substantial experience that lsd and mushrooms can be every bit as all encompassingly visual as a well vaped blast of 50mg dmt

We're talking at reasonable doses though - 300ug (actually properly dosed) top quality lsd maybe, or perhaps 600 uk picked magic mushrooms (equaivalent of 15 grams dried) would likely get you there or thereabouts

DMT probably, though my 600 mic AL-LAD trip was pretty insane visuals. I can't remember all the RC tryptamines I have done the letters and numbers blend together, none of them really stick out, I still have yet to try my samples of 5-MEO-DMT or DPT because both have somewhat intimidating reputations.....

DMT and Salvia are clear standouts. But also are all encompassing.

If you mean most visual while cognizant then LSD is apparently for some. I find it very low in terms of visually enhancing much to suprise of friends.

The 2c - x group is decent but 2c-e by far the stand out for visuals.
Mushrooms (tryptamine family) including Psilocin and Psilocybin are reasonably visual and do not plateau so dose can be pushed ridiculously. You can also add in things such as dissociatives to enhance a bit. Lol

Nothing beats DMT but that's the easy answer. ETH-LAD for OEV's. 50mgs+ of 4-HO-MET CEV's are on par with DMT for me.