• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What do you regret doing in your life so far?

Listening to my mum telling me what a bad person my dad was when it was him that was the good guy the whole time and she was the manipulator with a lot of issues.

Eating too much and not excercising enough.

Not putting in more effort with uni and not following my heart from the beginning cos I didnt think i was good enough.

Moving to this god forsaken shithole where my life progression in every possible has moved backwards and not forwards. (but thats ok cos next year is a new year and i'm moving)

Starting to smoke.

Also not taking my acting further.... it was always an unrealistic career choice.

Gambling. Lost over 20K and am in debt at 23 and own close to nothing.

Thinking about doing things opposed to doing things.

I'm sure there's more.

Wow... this thread makes me really sad because I start to think about all the things I regret in life and there are so many!

One thing that I really regret is not being myself around certain people so that now they think of me as a person who I am really not in anyway.

Also regret cheating on my boyfriend that was definetly the stupidest thing I have ever done and I never thought I could hurt and dissapoint someone I love so much.

I don't do regret. I have done things that I'm not proud of, and that I would caution other people against following, but there is nothing I regret.

The way I look at it, everything I have done has led me to who I am today...and who I am today is a pretty cool dude, so I can live with the bad shit. =D

There was this girl I broke up with when I was 18, mainly because she was a virgin and I was just out of a heavy relationship so couldn't really deal with either issue.

But looking back she was one of the smartest girls I've known and I would probably get along with her brilliantly now. Hindsight ha?

:)

I wish I had behaved more sensibly back in university; I wish I'd been more focused and had played the game better, so I would have made a better impression on my professors and thus gotten into graduate school and then onto a career as a curator or art historian. I'm really pleased that I went ahead and got my Master's two years ago; but at 41, it seem impossible to compete with people 15-20 years younger for the extremely limited number of jobs.