• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What do you regret doing in your life so far?

drugfukkdrockstar

Bluelight Crew
Probably going to the solarium, or doing all of the tanning i used to do at beaches. My family has a history of skin cancers so i feel it was rather stupid really and i wish i was as accepting of myself then as i am now. My skin is good as new visibly, but whenever i get a irritated mole here and there i totally freak out now.

Letting myself get so stressed out in school to the point where i have anxiety issues now which are really annoying.

Not taking my acting further. I was very good through out my growing up in theater and also competed in many eisteddfods and actually won most of them.... but when i started going out with guys and partying etc i threw it all away and haven't been able to really go back due to other silly decisions we may make when we are young.

What are yours?

Tanning is one myself (did it back in the 80s)... I had a small cancer removed from my shoulder late last year. It was the least serious kind and seems to be gone forever. Here's hoping that was the first & last.

Also, smoking cigarettes & generally using tobacco for almost 25 years (I quit nicotine completely over a year ago). That's a bad one... all I can do is hope nothing happens.

Not seizing alot of moments because of fear and doubt. I wish I had chosen alot of option B's instead of choosing alot of option As, the safer alternative. Even though most of those "what ifs' may have been the hard route, I think it would have made me stronger because I wouldnt have to look back and go "What would have happened if...."

Only thing I've really regretted in life was telling a guy who I used to be friends with in High School that I thought he was a fucking dickhead and didn't want to hang out with him anymore. I don't regret dumping him as a mate because he really was the most annoying person you could ever imagine but I could have done it in more of a nice way rather than being such a cruel thoughtless prick. It wasn't just me, our whole posse was in on it. It was bullying and I've never felt like that much of a cunt before. Since then I've always tryed to treat people well.

I regret being the psycho-hoes-beast ex-girlfriend.

The things I said/did to the new girlfriend were fucking funny, but eventually they ended up with most of our friends because I made it impossible for everyone to be around each other. I guess I was a bit of a bully :\

Not looking after my teeth well as a youngster, as they are soft as hell and I have always ground my teeth. My dentist said my teeth would be rooted by the time I hit 20.

Now that I'm 22-23, my teeth are fucked. Lost a few. Holes in the rest. Looking at 25-30k now to get them fixed (unless I want dentures).

Also, not heeding advice to study in year 12. Could've gotten into a really good uni degree. Decided to drink instead. Now I'm far below where I could be (so my entire family and friend base tells me).

There are other things. But they aren't something to be discussed on a public message board.... Nothing really evil or anything, but still not very moral.

graffiting - getting caught too many times.
seriously fucked with my life so far, waiting for it to end :(

Not accepting a place in the University of Melbourne's bachelor of science degree straight out of high school, and going to a different uni instead. I still don't really know why I did that. I could really beat myself up over this, but I don't.

Not trying pils til I was 29.
Also, not doing any real sort of partying (in any form) til I was 23, so I could concentrate on my career instead. I always think of this when rolling and it sometimes hits me a bit hard. Those are years I just can't get back.

Alot... Relationships (...) People i have been friends with, who have used me, and i didn't ever speak up...

Pretty much everything up until 2.. maybe 2 and a half years ago...

Fucking up a friendship by doing something very fucking stupid.

^^ +1
wrygrin.gif

I try not to play the regret or what if game too much as it's one that can do your head in and I guess on the whole, whilst there are things I wish I had've done differently, I've always been able to take something positive from whatever happened.

That said, I do regret the bad mushroom trip I had last year, because it was entirely avoidable. That and a couple of other stupid decisions this year have have triggered some anxiety which is really frustrating me.

I don't regret anything now, other than letting my feelings get to me for so long, only now learning how to control them.

I dont go for regret instead I just learn from whatever the situation was and continue to grow and evolve in my own freakish way =D

Peace LOve and Mungbeans

I failed high school because i discovered the wonderfull world of drugs. Now that i've discovered the downside of that wonderfull world, i sometimes wish i did things differently. But i don't know if that's necessarily a regret.

In most cases i don't like to have regrets. I prefer to learn and never do it again.

Starting smoking.

I've done a lot of other regrettable things in my life but apart from that one, I can honestly say it's all been an integral part of making up the fabric of who I am. Mistakes make us human and if you obliterated them you'd possibly wipe out the best part of your personality. I can't see any positive in becoming addicted to ciggarettes though.

^^^^
Im with Carla.

Starting smoking would have had to be the stupidest thing ive ever done.
I wish i would have never started in the first place.

I have a couple of things i regret, like being such a bitch to my parents when i was about 13, and putting them through living hell (although it all worked out in the end and i think im a better person for it). Most of the stuff i regret are mistakes that i have learned from though and become a better person from it.

^ Seeing those last two posts make me proud that i have not fallen into that trap...i even tried to, but couldn't see what the fuss about smoking was. I think people just do it cause its a 'social thing' to do.

trancegirle said:
I failed high school because i discovered the wonderfull world of drugs. Now that i've discovered the downside of that wonderfull world, i sometimes wish i did things differently. But i don't know if that's necessarily a regret.

In most cases i don't like to have regrets. I prefer to learn and never do it again.

Im with you, cant live and learn without failure....live everything, regret nothing, learn lots then live better.

Bit out there i know but someone said that to me once and i thought...fuk yeah good motto.