• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What do you cook for munchies.

Joey

Bluelighter
Currently making 3 boxes of for a few meals and this is all the stuff in mixing in. Yum. Definitively was inspired by a joint I just smoked.

what do you cook?

edit: finished. Looks like shit but it’s delicious

Last edited:
All sorts of shit, nothing right now cuz I’m sick but cooking has become a passion. I’m constantly trying new recipes, some more recent ones have been; Thai Green Curry, Pasty’s, Chimichurri Steak (chimichurri made from scratch using a special herb that is most often found foraging, I like to change up recipes slightly with unique ingredients), which brings me to my special pesto which is;

-Basil (preferably genovese, or purple basil, typically sweet basil is too licorice’y)
-HQ Olive Oil
-HQ Parmesan (satori has the good good)
-Garlic
-Pine or Walnuts
And the secret ingredient...
-Dried Yellowfoot Mushrooms

Yellowfoots are prevalent pretty much anywhere more northern in the US (def Canada) and look like small chanterelles although technically they’re not a true chant. They grow late summer, early fall after a good rain in conifer forests. When dried they’re smell is like a mix of apricot and nutty, which pairs perfectly with the fruity/nutty of the Parmesan. Bake up some chicken in it, cook up some pasta and voila. This meal is guaranteed to get you laid or I’ll pay for dinner ;)

-GC

@Alex_1991 haha, I thought one of the ingredient jars read carfentanyl or cathinone crushed (had to put on my glasses). But ❤️❤️❤️❤️ the red rooster sauce.

Ok, I generally try not to cook when stoned b/c, well....I’m pretty fucking stupid or distractable. or both. But here goes.

These are Thai lettuce wraps.

1. Take 1 or two packages of those cheap instant noodles and cook only the noodles in boiling water with about a teaspoon olive oil to prevent sticking. When done, drain and set aside.
2. fry up one pound/454g lean ground beef, adding powdered garlic, Chinese 5 spice powder, and liberal amounts of red rooster sauce. As the ground beef cooks and everything mixes and the fat renders, spoon the fat off by tilting the pan. (Oh yeah, I am high -forgot to say only cook the ground beef in a Cast iron pan). when all of the beef is cooked, transfer the spicy beef mixture to sorta drain on some paper towels.
3. get a brand new head of lettuce, as fresh as possible. Remove and discard the outer leaves. Then peel off entire leaves one at a time, keeping the pieces as large as possible. Put the leaves on a large plate and get ready for assembly
_——————————-
4. Place one leaf of lettuce on a plate and add some noodles to stretch the entire length of the leaf or close as possible.
5. Spoon on some spicy beef mixture.
6. Add red rooster sauce or other Thai chili sauce and roll up like a joint.

Served in a dipping sauce consisting of red rooster sauce, fish sauce and sweet Thai chili sauce (dunno the ratios). Oh yeah, the dipping sauce has a handful of crushed peanuts. I don’t drink any more but this went best with an ice fucking old lager (a good Pilsner or even Budweiser, but ice cold).

Tom

Salutations,

There's no time to waste when having the munchies, usually it's just too late to cook anyway and most especially for elders, so IMO it wouldn't hurt to volunteer some extra-fast/error-proof recipes suggestions...

Possibly with THC and CBD included, of course...

So, how about an omelette?? With po-tà-toes, or po-té-toes...

Bon apétit! ☮️

Last edited:
Looks like some ghetto ass Canadian hamburger helper.

Globs of ground beef with macaroni.

Try a real recipe. It will come out better.

For me...bacon. Eggs. Is basic munchie shit.

Tonight, steak. Cooked it too long on accident.

We will play next week for sure.

Was wondering if the paid version was worth it. They give you a few sample lessons for free is all. I'm sure there are other ways to get some free training. Remember having this grandmaster chess computer game when I was younger.

Avacado with salt and pepper
Tomato with salt and pepper (I hate tomatoes unless they are freshly cut and cold, like this will eat them)

Today made some bacon. Then spinach, red onion, pepper, and use the grease for dressing!

beets with balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper.

then don't ask. <3

I love salt and vinegar chips. My favorite.

Almost any food in salt and vinegar would be really good xD

I once drank an entire bottle of vinegar when i was 14 trying to pass a drug test..... it was HORRIBLE and puked my brains out... but I still love vinegar

Cook for munchies?

lmao, my munchies come pre-packaged and normally end in "-itos." Doritos, Tostitos, Fritos, buckin' the trend when I'm eatin' Cheetohs.... and then you've got Snickers and Milky Way bars, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Red Baron pizza.

I might find myself at a Five Guys, Wendy's or Burger King. McDonalds if I want some nuggets. I've learned Checkers' food is bomb as fuck when you're high.

If I do cook, though.... It's probably gonna be a family version of spaghetti carbonara, chicken fettucine, or good ol' rice-a-roni with an extra half-pound of elbows/macaroni and a pound of ground beef, maybe some corn and peas mixed in.

I'm a pretty simple guy when it comes to what I eat.

Favorite late night thing?

Cook bacon (always 1.5x what I need due to eating it before the recipies done). Fry an egg easy in the grease. Pour off most grease and throw in a bunch of arugula (should look like too much, but it will wilt to near nothing) and add chili flakes. Put wilted arugula on plate, then bacon and top with egg. Heat up pan and add like a quarter cup of balsamic vinegar. It should go mental boiling rapidly. Once it's syrupy pour it onto all that other shit.

If you need carbs, rye toast with too much butter or grits made with water and butter and pepper.

Does the job each time and each ingredient swaps for related things quite well.

Thanks, I live playing with food. Nothing is better than making something that startles folks, but they enjoy.

I made pumpkin cupcakes with pumpkin spice icing today. They are really rich and filling.

I made pumpkin cupcakes with pumpkin spice icing today. They are really rich and filling.

You should be a spokesperson for starbucks... if this isn't already an advertisement.

not dissing pumpkin spice.................................................................................... just overrated

Last edited:
You should be a spokesperson for starbucks... if this isn't already an advertisement.

not dissing pumpkin spice.................................................................................... just overrated
It's cool man I'm comfortable with my tastes and interest to not be offended by a someone dissing a food I like.

Pumpkin pie is the best part of Thanksgiving imo.

I have a sweet tooth.