Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: F.U.B.A.R. | chinup |
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

What Are You Drinking? V2. Frosty Jacks - For The Discerning Pisshead

btechlc

Bluelighter
This weekend I had some very nice craft ginger beer - don't want to list the exact beer as it is local to me.

Normally I don't like beer outside of lagers and pilsners, most fruity, or overly hopped IPAs that are so popular now are just more flavor than I want in my beer. This ginger beer was not overwhelmed with ginger flavor or extra sweetness. Will probably get another growler of it this week.

£4.50 a can 8o

That's just sheer rip off territory. Bloody hipsters...
Before covid I was on a road trip and decided to pull into a gas station in a rough part of Birmingham Alabama just to see (I have a weird thing about seeing the rich and poor part of any place I visit). They sold 25 oz steel reserve and natty ICE (crap American high ABV beer) for 74cents before taxes. I think it worked out to 3 standard units of alcohol for less than a dollar. I did not buy any so I dont know how much taxes are - it could be taxed to shit and the final price might have been more in line with other places (in the US the pre-tax price is what is displayed on labels).

Maybe it was just that gas station having a sale to get rid of stock or maybe alcohol is just dirt cheap in Alabama.

axe battler

Moderator: SLR
Staff member
Was it lewd?
A leccy box is pay as you go electricity. Instead of gettin a bill you prepay on a card or key/chip thing. In the old days you used to put actual cash (coins) into them. You see them less now cos they're a rip off.
Plus who's ever had their leccy go off at midnight back when you had to go to the shops to top up?? Showing my age maybe.

iTry91

Bluelighter
It's a hard process believe it or not when it's rigged lol jk
Yeah been planning on that now or the alternative because once a smart meter is in there is no alternative option.

Last edited:

axe battler

Moderator: SLR
Staff member
Really? That sucks. I remember living in Newcastle city centre and having a meter with a key fob I had to get topped up at a shop. We spent nights using candles and having the freezer defrost on us and just living like we were in the 1800s when too skint to top up or the shop was closed.

bingey

Bluelight Crew
everest-ayurveda-jaiphal-antioxidant-revitalizace-tkani-100-g-sypaneho-caje-2130294-1000x1000-fit.jpg

jhjhsdi

Bluelighter
Lidl scrumpy cider
San minguel lager

Im. Seriously going to have to bin the cider and beer off soon and just stick to rum and diet lemonade, my gut is reappearing...
I blame the sun