• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants What are the shadow people that people see/encounter on meth are they ghosts?

How it was explained to me was that after a period of sleep deprivation, on top of meth over stimulating your mind, your brain begins to produce the chemicals that induce dreams in an effort to get you to sleep. This causes simultaneous states of concsious awareness and subconcsious dreamlike manifestations that break through as "shadow people."
I myself have had the displeasure of hallucinating much more than shadows in the corner of my eye; and to put it simply the things I saw were of a terrifying nature. The "shadow people"are very real, at least to the mind of the user experiencing them.

It mimics schizophrenia, lack or sleep, and in general being paranoid, I have used meth and once I saw a "shadow person" even though I don't consider it that I consider it me being sleep deprived and extremely paranoid and stressed. it is not ghosts, demons, or whatever some people say it is, I went to a church when I was younger that preached drugs open up the demon world or something? No drugs effect the brain. If they were ghosts and demons why wouldn't we see them sober? We dream all the time, whether it's a good dream or bad dream, we wake up and it was just a dream in our perception in another state of consciousness

Sleep deprivation, dehydration, poor nutrition - end of story. I've noticed auditory hallucinations after being awake less than a full 24 hours on that shit, with visual hallucinations not long after. I don't know how these crazy fuckers stay up for weeks on end, two days and I'm over it, going to sleep, lol.

NOT fun lsd- like hallucinations, but sometimes downright scary shit...

How it was explained to me was that after a period of sleep deprivation, on top of meth over stimulating your mind, your brain begins to produce the chemicals that induce dreams in an effort to get you to sleep. This causes simultaneous states of concsious awareness and subconcsious dreamlike manifestations that break through as "shadow people."
I myself have had the displeasure of hallucinating much more than shadows in the corner of my eye; and to put it simply the things I saw were of a terrifying nature. The "shadow people"are very real, at least to the mind of the user experiencing them.

---Didn't read this 'til after I posted... Pretty fucking horrific at times, definitely...

I remember when I did my first 50 cent hit. My third day I swear two people were staring at me and talking to me. I would go down and see what the Fuck they wanted and it was just two garbage cans.

Strange thing meth is. Specially on that good Oregon shit

Ive seen shadow people several times. When i first started on meth i would start to see them on day 3 of being up. In the early days i would feel there presence and see them in the corner of my eye. Or i would pass by empty cars in my apartment complex and see people sitting in them watching me. I wasn't really frightened buy them at first i just kind of ignored it and new it wasn't real. As i got more heavy into my tweaker phase, they started to get more malevolent and menacing. They would move stuff around in my room, they would be talking about me outside my window, they would be trying to get into my house (i would hallucinate the door knob turning) It was terrifying and i would end up locking myself in the bathroom. Good times, good times...

It's mostly the lack of sleep and vitamin deficiency. Even without meth, if you stay up 4-5 days straight you will see and hear some weird things.

A great book, best ive read about methamphetamine is by Rashi K. Shukla, Methamphetamine: A Love Story.

"He and his friends had created an unusual explanation for these hallucinations.
Ray: We even made up a little story about why there’s shadow people . . . I had this theory that the parallel universe runs on a faster time. So when you speed up your body, you catch the remnants of what the people were doing in the parallel universe . . . I’ve got a lot of crazy theories."

I'd love to pick the brains of meth users, about many things. You can find that book around the net or dm me if not. The other book i thought was great was Methland.