• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants What are the shadow people that people see/encounter on meth are they ghosts?

Why doess it say my name as ron.mexico? haha

cause I wondered if anyone would pick up on it :D
btw assuming you are an eagles fan
I copped a very pleasant schadenfreude last sunday thanks

I've seen some strange things that only attend to occur in specific areas/buildings/houses in the past that seemed to be some kind of energy loop or something with strange occurrences particular to that area. So I don't don't doubt the nature of, I guess you can call them "ghosts" or just leftover energies from past lives that linger around for whatever reason, which hey, call me "delusional", but we're entitled to our opinion and I've seen things not on drugs nor sleep deprived nor withdrawing that didn't make much sense.

I think you're mind could potentially be more susceptible to noticing these occurrences when sleep deprived and spun. There's a difference between the amphetamine/stim-induced "shadow people" than what I'm referring too. I can't almost ignore those unless I get real stoned, then I can get a little 'noided out.

The experts of the field call those loops residual energy/haunt. This explains it better than I ever could: "It is important to remember that energy can neither be created nor destroyed." Below is a definition that does a pretty good job of explaining what residual energy is.

"A residual haunt is not caused by a spirit of soul; it is a recording from the past that somehow replays itself. While some residual haunts can be traumatic (if they are recorded during a traumatic event), they pose no harm at all. There is not thought, no logic, no recognition on the part of the apparition. It is not aware you are there nor is it aware of its surroundings. It is just a recording. The replayed energy can manifest itself as auditory, visual, olfactory or other sensory phenomenon."

For the record, I find the whole field extremely fascinating. Just thought I'd share if anyone is interested. If not, please disregard.

a subjective experience of some subjective presence and a particular sense of place is very believable
particularly under the influence of drugs which heighten subjectivity
but, in terms of deriving an objective truth therefrom
i.e. you meet a ghost who tells you of their life/death something which you could not possibly know
this has never been demonstrated, so it's almost certainly endogenous
remember there is a whole field of parapsychology which has studied this shit for years and never presented anything truly convincing
mostly smoke and mirrors albeit at times entertaining smoke mirrors
i.e. structuring our perceptions of disordered neurochemical phenomena in a particular socially constructed manner
thus, shadow people, ghosts, plant spirits, dmt elves, whatever

Last edited:
I saw my dead sister once. It made me actually extremely addicted because I wanted to see her again. I didn't... just these other people who were very mean to me. ;o

Lack of sleep can happen with no drugs just lack of sleep, people dont realize how important good sleep is to the body,

Ok there is a difference to seeing "shadow people" and seeing "people" on meth. Now I've known people who see shadow people straight away after doing one big IV shot, but this is always from paranoia as they will be peeking out the peek hole in the front door or something like that and think they see a person inside a dark car in the drivers seat, at night time. But when I would open the door and tell them no definitely not, they'd realize nothing is there looking at the car with the door open. Yet when I close the door, they get paranoid again and look through the door peek hole and see the shadow person in the car again, falling back into the same paranoia. Trust me I've experienced the same thing one time and it's easy to fall back into the old paranoia when you actually do see a person in the car through the peek hole, but open the door and they're gone. The way the peek hole changes your vision to a fish eye lens has to help with that particular "shadow person" effect.

Now on the other hand, the only way I was ever able to see FULL REAL COMPLETELY DETAILED PEOPLE, at a distance, and then up close even. Was when I was up for 5 days STRAIGHT NO SLEEP, no napping, no passing out, NO BLACKING OUT, NO SLEEP OK. THE ONLY WAY TO DO THIS IS BY INJECTING LARGE AMOUNTS AND EATING WELL + taking suppliments even, such as magnesium citrate. Because if you're vaping/smoking this much, eventually your body will stop your lungs from absorbing any more of it and you'll pass out. (although it's dangerous to IV large amounts+not sleep for this long, you might have a nervous breakdown or something) At least that worked for me. I only saw them once okay, but I was still in a decent frame of mind, no delusional thinking. I was standing outside, smoking a cigarette at night, about 2-3am and I was just looking around with my eyes randomly as most people do smoking alone. Then I happened to look two houses down at a neighbors driveway, they had a car parked on the street right next to their mailbox and they had 3 people washing the car, clear as day, at 3am on a weekday....... also they had one person recording them washing the car with a video camera and he was crouched down in front of a bush, aiming his camera at them.

Well they were all looking intensely real so I decided I had to find out if they actually were or not, fuck the fear of seeing this random shit, I had to know. So I (don't drive on meth, I don't at all except for the fact that I was just going 2 houses down and then turning around) got into my car and drove towards them, as I got within 10 feet of them, and they all looked 100% exactly real, as you or I would look from 10 feet away stone cold sober. Anyways I got within 10 feet of them and was staring at them and they all kinda disintegrated into wisps of cloud like material and became blurry as they all floated away around the car, then they were all gone. I drove back to my driveway and got out and went back to where I was smoking at when I first saw them and I looked back at that area and they were no longer there. Where I saw the guy recording in front of the bush was just an indent in the bush where another bush was. And where I saw the 3 people washing the car was nothing. The car and the mailbox were still there however. Now you may say I saw the mailbox and car morph into those people or something but, I didn't see any kind of blurry effect or morph or anything the whole time, except for when they dispersed. So label my experience as what you may, but just know I've had friends who stay up for 5 days and fall asleep for 6hours total during that time, and don't see any people, then pass out.

If our parents would read this...they would freak the fuck out rofl. It's amazing how simple minded people are...they only understand their small social world and whatever is beyond that is "deviant". I wonder who the real deviant is...

I will write a book called "Abomination"...but only in 20 or 30 years after my parents pass out. I'm sure you guys will enjoy reading it.

What will your book be about? Why will you wait decades until after your parents are no longer here?

I think I posted the only reply in this thread with a 100% accurate description and details of my experience seeing these "shadow people" So instead of making a new topic I put it here, but I don't want my information to get lost forever so... look two posts above this one.

After 5 years of amphetamine (ab)use, I've finally gotten to meet what I would genuinely call shadow people. I've also named them, but as a group:
Time2Sleep

Probably electric impulse plus no sleep plus low blood sugar mixed with slight amphetamine psychosis nothing to worry about unless your completely sober for a week and their still there then my friend welcome to anti-psychotic land home of lithium and seroquel and a bunch of other crazy meds that make your problems worse and cause you to binge eat

Its Sleep deprivation, it causes hallucinations. The most common are shadow children because shadows always look like something out of the corner of your eye. Add sleep deprivation and its over.

Dopamine depletion affects your mood. Apathy, joylessness, inability to handle stress. That sort of thing. But dopamine levels that are low due to drug use can be bumped with 5 HTP, a natural supplement, exercise and a healthy diet.

a cousin of the shadow people... every person in a crowd is the person u are looking for when ur looking for someone, but they keep turning a corner and disappearing as u try to catch up with them... yup. i make myself stop and sleep after six days lol. my bf is the worst, every sound (or imagined sound) is the cops to him lol

I've seen them, and in the halcyon days of my degenerate drug using youth, drove around back country roads looking for them with the headlights off and a gun in my lap and a terrified girlfriend in the passenger seat. That was a bad time. Luckily everyone made it out alive and not in prison.

The shadow people phenomenon is real, common and it is 100% psychotomimetic dopamine stuff. Not at all unlike what goes on endogenously for my schizophrenic patients. The interesting thing about it is that it somewhat reliably repeats between different users. Just like bugs, which is reliably repeatable enough to actually have a medical name (formication.)

But the shadow folks don't exist, except in the addled brains of tweakers, some of whom get pretty well acquainted with them. Anyone who tells you they do is way gone, delusional, or projecting their metaphysical beliefs onto their drug experiences. Same goes for DMT elves and all the other "entities" that drugs "help you contact." Neurochemically mediated manifestations of your own mind, good or bad, for better or for worse.

This is the truth. The scientifically backed, researched and studied truth.

Thank you.

It's definitely primarily from sleep deprivation. It's kinda different from one person to another. I'm bad about hallucinating on meth. (Let's remember it's not a hallucinogen such as LSD or shrooms. Everyone is different about what they see and hear, and the longer you're up the more you will hear and see. If you're anything like me I've been recreationally using methamphetamines off and on for 3 years. I usually use it one of two ways. I'll buy enough for my Friday night with the guys and stay up til Sunday morning, following a 12 to 16 hour crash. I've never have hallucinated during those nights. The other is binge using. I'll be up 5 to 8 days. I see shadows move, stars falling from the sky, random lights blinking in the woods, if I'm driving (especially at night) I'll see what looks like the cars are flashing me with their brights.

My worst experience happened most recently. I was up for 11 days. My first hallucinations came after day 4, I started seeing the shadows, hearing my name and church bells (I just ignore these now and rarely tell people I see or hear them. I'm use to it and I know it's fake). Day 9 came along and this is where it got freaky. I stopped seeing things... Psychosis started kicking in and my mind started believing the things I was seeing were real. I talked to a stop sign calling him Frank. My friends neighbor came down the shared driveway and I thought it was the police (so you know how bad it was he has a white Ford F250. I saw a blue crown vic standard police car) Started randomly putting everything up immediately. I kept hearing the radio in my room cut on so I'd go cut it off, turns out I just kept cutting it on and off for hours. I thought I heard my brother and his wife arguing all night (both died in a car wreck a while back) My vision was completely distorted. Almost as if you need glasses. It can get bad. Very bad.

The shadow people only ever came out for me while on higher doses of 25-i, never on ice or anything. Even after spending 6 days awake on ice i didnt see the shadow people, never believed in them until one fateful night with a lot of 25-i. Weird that i had only heard of them from people tweaked on ice but never saw them myself until 25-i showed me them.

There are people who firmly believe that being in contact with drugs that produce these visions that often may affect your spiritual side due to its negativity

Maybe a combination factors like lack of sleep, paranoia, fear, addiction, mental problems and I wouldn't doubt if one starts to get into such negativity state that your mind will simply connect those visions with unconscious images you've seen during all of your life.
I've seen shadow figures but only twice have I ever paid them any mind. Once (way before I ever tried meth btw) I was stoned in my room and I saw black fingers curl around the edge of my curtains in my peripherals and when I looked they withdrew. The second time I went to reup at 3am and while waiting I saw a shadow walking that looked exactly like death gun from sao, I had been watching a lot of sao. I dont think that they are spirits I think they are just images and even if they weren't hallucinations they dont have the power to express themselves on a perceivable frequency (unless you truly believe your visions are ghosts then you might start creating characters backstories voices, believing they were others when really you created them. But are your creations real?) Our thoughts are assumably imperceivable to others but if one could tune in to the exact frequency of another's then one could potentially be thinking the same thing as the other but one would be subjecting themselves to the others will

Hi. Only really signed up to comment on this when I spotted it. Shadow people have NOTHING to do with drugs. If you've been told they do, you've been misled. I've never taken drugs and spent time with them myself. So do many many others. I've seen whole forums with hundreds or thousands of people reporting them. From people I've spoken to I'd estimate at least 1 in 5 have seen them. Most don't giveit a second thought, or think it's a bad dream.

I dont get the sleep paralysis when it happens. I was hot and sweaty under the quilt but I think it was the misplaced charge that woke me. Thats what gives you the oppressive evil feeling. When you think about the whole idea of an "evil feeling" it doesnt make sense. This is just the impression I got from them. Just thoughts that went through my mind when they were there. Perhaps it's my imagination but some of it might explain the physical symptoms.

The region targetted was near the eyes and keeps you asleep when stimulated properly. A miss can result in another nearby region being stimulated. The strong charge can result in a skin prickling static sensation and a feeling of evil. Dont panic if you get it. It's just charge. Not bad.

The optics are an issue in low light and you'll wind up with a base nanotube effect hence the solid flat appearance.

I went outside with them. Was a bright night. Cool crisp clear air, very quiet. Bright moonlight, light frost reflecting the light from the ground.

I also got a look at the cavern and the little guys with the big blues.

Hi. Only really signed up to comment on this when I spotted it. Shadow people have NOTHING to do with drugs. If you've been told they do, you've been misled. I've never taken drugs and spent time with them myself. So do many many others. I've seen whole forums with hundreds or thousands of people reporting them. From people I've spoken to I'd estimate at least 1 in 5 have seen them. Most don't giveit a second thought, or think it's a bad dream.

I dont get the sleep paralysis when it happens. I was hot and sweaty under the quilt but I think it was the misplaced charge that woke me. Thats what gives you the oppressive evil feeling. When you think about the whole idea of an "evil feeling" it doesnt make sense. This is just the impression I got from them. Just thoughts that went through my mind when they were there. Perhaps it's my imagination but some of it might explain the physical symptoms.

The region targetted was near the eyes and keeps you asleep when stimulated properly. A miss can result in another nearby region being stimulated. The strong charge can result in a skin prickling static sensation and a feeling of evil. Dont panic if you get it. It's just charge. Not bad.

The optics are an issue in low light and you'll wind up with a base nanotube effect hence the solid flat appearance.

I went outside with them. Was a bright night. Cool crisp clear air, very quiet. Bright moonlight, light frost reflecting the light from the ground.

I also got a look at the cavern and the little guys with the big blues.

We're talking about the shadow people seen when you do stimulants and don't sleep. Full out visions of ghosts and people walking around. If you're seeing those sober that's not a good thing.

ok here's my two cents. I did a big dose IV methamphetamine about 45 minutes ago. its night time here. so i go outside...and i see tons of shadow people/ghosts/beings/whatever you want to call them. it was too much for me to handle, i had to go inside, and here i am, on bluelight and on iv methamphetamine plus a dose of GHB. and i slept 8 hours last night so it cant be sleep deprivation that caused me to see the shadow beings. the uppers must do something to ones brain to induce hallucinations....