• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants What are the shadow people that people see/encounter on meth are they ghosts?

I've only seen the shadow people once. I had been up for four days and they only appeared in my peripheral vision. I've made it a point to not stay up for four days since that happened. It was awful.

While I do respect everyones opinions and am not trying to put anyone down: saying "you can't prove they DON'T exist!" is not really a valid arguement. You can't prove a negative- you can't prove that Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny aren't real.

I'm not saying they definitely aren't real, but remember occum's razor- is it more likely that someone on a 5 day meth binge is hallucinating or that there are really entities there? So while I do find it interesting to read about and it is one of those mental trips to think "what if...." until I see evidence that would make shadow people being real the most likely explanation to why people see them I will assume they are a hallucination (and remember- people see similar hallucinations in other circumstances as well- and seeing faces or people is something the brain will tend to do with random patterns (why people end up seeing the face of Jesus Christ on a piece of toast). No offense to anyone else- I have enjoyed reading your posts and it is something to ponder.

Yeah, if there were a gateway to open up your mind into seeing preternatural entities, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a mind-altering drug, particularly one who's pharmacological mechanism is directly implicated in psychotic states...

Devil's Advocate said:
What if psychotic states themselves open your mind up to seeing preternatural entities?

Sed contra, surely it would be better to judge these things by their fruits and the fruits of psychotic states, endogenous or exogenous, are usually quite rotten.

Just stimulate your reason to lay a judgement on paranoid thoughts. Math works most of the time. If you think there is someone in your home because you heard a sound and a voice, think about how many home breakins you've had in your life and picture the probability of it happening on an amphetamine binge vs. the probability of you halucinating. Lol. The meth mind cannot be convinced because it acts irrationally but it can be persuaded and math is a good persuader. Without practice you can lose the notion of what math even is, but practice makes perfect I guess.

If thoughts like that come or even hallucinations let them pass, don't give them any attention. They only stay if you interpret them. Just perceive them and don't think of anything when they happen...they too come and go unless you focus on them. Yoga helps. Even if the voice sounds terrifying and is addressing you personally, don't identify with it in any way.

Last edited:
Ghosts don't exist.
They are electric impulses in the brain, just like any experienced phenomena. This is caused by the overexcitation of neural firing due to the nature of the drug in question.

Doing enough dextromethamphetmaine tunes your brain into higher frequencies that the shadow people inhabit and makes them visible but which are not usually perceptible to us as we are only usually able to perceive a narrow range of frequencies on the electromagnetic spectrum. Doing enough good IV cocaine does it even better, but that won't be safe or cheap.

You can't count out the existence of something by saying "all experienced phenomena are electric impulses in the brain"
Are you saying our whole life is not real? That is a very foolish statement to make.

"All experienced phenomena are electric impulses in the brain" is actually syllogistic as our experience is mediated by said impulses, the question relevant to this thread is whether the impulses relating to the MA shadowfolk are endogenous or exogenous, and the answer to that is pretty clearly "endogenous," given that you are creating a pretty fair chemical mode of psychosis when doing excess MA rather than doing anything that should contrarily expand the breadth of one's perception of exogenous stimuli.

You can't count out the existence of something by saying "all experienced phenomena are electric impulses in the brain"
Are you saying our whole life is not real? That is a very foolish statement to make.

I'm not "counting out" the existence of anything; Contrarily, affirming the potential perceived existence of any thing.

And "our whole life" is certainly real, but with greatly varying points of objectivity and- therefore, degrees of correctness.

Just my $.02

When you go to sleep, you see your "family". When you don't sleep, your "family" comes to remind you.

Are they ghosts? Or like dream people? Or real family members living?

I think with every choice we make we create parallel realities with parallel identities. And these identities can make contact with us.

My guess, spirits can play "had Boupstarnm done ______ this would be his life..."

So I mean kinda sounds like ghosts but not necessarily non-living.

IMO schizophrenia is a combination of negative thought loops combined with spirits.

I'll give you a much better picture in a second...ok here it is. This is SPOT ON, like, this is exactly what you would see while looking at a blank computer screen:

http://s3.postimg.org/6wo2ky5jn/Untitled.jpg

The shapes and paterns would reconfigure randomly in all directions without you doing anything.

Wow, that is far out. The second to last time I was sent to a psych hospital, some genuine crazy snatched the glasses off my face and destroyed them. I am extremely nearsighted (20/400 - my prescription is -7). Every time I looked at the whitewashed cinder block walls, I saw all kinds of crazy patterns. I thought it because I couldn't see my mind was creating something for me to see. But I have my contacts in and had the same effect with that linked picture.

Just my $.02

When you go to sleep, you see your "family". When you don't sleep, your "family" comes to remind you.

Are they ghosts? Or like dream people? Or real family members living?

I think with every choice we make we create parallel realities with parallel identities. And these identities can make contact with us.

My guess, spirits can play "had Boupstarnm done ______ this would be his life..."

So I mean kinda sounds like ghosts but not necessarily non-living.

IMO schizophrenia is a combination of negative thought loops combined with spirits.
I've known people who are Schizophranic and they have never experienced ghosts/spirits/demons, etc. or had major negative thought loops. They did have delusions where they were in a completely different reality such as traveling to a completely different country when they did not do this, or if they were paranoid and not on meds thought that people were after them/stalking them.

If our parents would read this...they would freak the fuck out rofl. It's amazing how simple minded people are...they only understand their small social world and whatever is beyond that is "deviant". I wonder who the real deviant is...

I will write a book called "Abomination"...but only in 20 or 30 years after my parents pass out. I'm sure you guys will enjoy reading it.

dunno bout shadow people but when im sober i see like dark thing in my peripheral vision sometimes. always wondered if it was from all the yrs of torturing poor brain xD

I've seen some strange things that only attend to occur in specific areas/buildings/houses in the past that seemed to be some kind of energy loop or something with strange occurrences particular to that area. So I don't don't doubt the nature of, I guess you can call them "ghosts" or just leftover energies from past lives that linger around for whatever reason, which hey, call me "delusional", but we're entitled to our opinion and I've seen things not on drugs nor sleep deprived nor withdrawing that didn't make much sense.

I think you're mind could potentially be more susceptible to noticing these occurrences when sleep deprived and spun. There's a difference between the amphetamine/stim-induced "shadow people" than what I'm referring too. I can't almost ignore those unless I get real stoned, then I can get a little 'noided out.

I'm not "counting out" the existence of anything; Contrarily, affirming the potential perceived existence of any thing.

And "our whole life" is certainly real, but with greatly varying points of objectivity and- therefore, degrees of correctness.

But you did. You said "Ghosts don't exist"
Now, this is all up to the agreed upon reality by one or more viewers, because we are all perceiving "true reality" from a different standpoint.
So, I agree that we have greatly varying points of objectivity, which would in turn lead to varying degrees of correctness. Although, how can you assume that because the majority of people don't perceive "x" phenomena that "x" phenomena does not exist? I would argue that "all" things do exist because of the fact that we brought them into existence by the mere thought. Now, to the point that this phenomena appears to everyone around us in this reality? Not always.

that seemed to be some kind of energy loop

The experts of the field call those loops residual energy/haunt. This explains it better than I ever could: "It is important to remember that energy can neither be created nor destroyed." Below is a definition that does a pretty good job of explaining what residual energy is.

"A residual haunt is not caused by a spirit of soul; it is a recording from the past that somehow replays itself. While some residual haunts can be traumatic (if they are recorded during a traumatic event), they pose no harm at all. There is not thought, no logic, no recognition on the part of the apparition. It is not aware you are there nor is it aware of its surroundings. It is just a recording. The replayed energy can manifest itself as auditory, visual, olfactory or other sensory phenomenon."

For the record, I find the whole field extremely fascinating. Just thought I'd share if anyone is interested. If not, please disregard.