• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Weed sucks now

I was an all day every day smoker for over 15 years. I found cutting back for a couple days at a time was sufficient to reset my tolerance to the point that THC worked properly again. These days, I generally smoke at night after my daily responsibilities have been handled and I enjoy cannabis as much as I did as a teenager, over 20 years ago. Moderation pays big dividends for cannabis. You're better off smoking less than you would be doing tons of dabs/shatter/other cannabis concentrates. My sister got actual withdrawal symptoms after going from smoking 2-3g a day of shatter, when she got in legal trouble and had to stop for over a year. Now she's baked af after a couple hits of flower or a single 10mg edible. Try just not smoking for a couple days, trust me, it'll help...

I dont know lads, this site is amazing and has been totally right about many things (by site I mean you people on it), and you still are definitely right about: weed shouldnt be smoked all day long, edibles will cause another tolerance issue, etc I really do agree with most of it. But, I am almost certain I could take stupidly large amounts of thc concentrate after not smoking all day, and holy hell yes I`d feel it. But never, not once have I been scared-high. Like anxious shit, racing heart, shit like that I have never had. Ive smoked dabs, not small ones either, eaten huge mg edibles I feel like theres nothing weed related I havent tried (though I know its not true). Gone full weeklong benders with my buddies with literally nonstop smoking, no more than an hour in between sessions. And those sessions consist of just stupid amounts of weed, like we cleared and ounce one night just me and my buddy. I`m not saying any of this to brag or act like a fucken badass or anything. I dont care about that shit, with all due respect I dont know any of you, if I`m trying to impress someone it wont be people I dont know on bluelight, so if thats what your thinking stop lol. I don`t know, it just feels like I smoke one bong get a little buzz and after that I could just keep throwing as much money in weed through the bong as I want, with no effects. Also F.U.B.A.R. I`m not trying to argue with you or anything, and no offence whatsoever if you are an alcoholic or drug user or whatever, but why is it that when you see an alcoholic drink (in my experience anyway, Ive grown up around drunks, my dad, my mom, my uncle...) Why is it they still get totally wrecked if they want to? Sure, tolerance increases and it takes more, but ive watched my uncle drink himself into a blackout every night for the past 2 months, and he`s been drinking hardcore non-stop basically for 20 years.... I do know a methaddict personally (off the shit now thank god), and I`d have to say its the same way, sure meth is more potent and way different than weed, but meth addicts can fuck themselves right up. I always knew when he was feeling good or not, and you know what I mean by that. You could see it in his eyes, darting back and forth, looking like they were gonna bulge the fuck out. I dont know what meth is like, but I know when he was like that he was as fucked up as he could be. Or maybe not, but he was high, and theres no way around it. The dude was an addict for the better part of his life... It just really does seem to me like I`m addicted (yes I fucking know weed isnt addictive dont tell me everybody in my life already does) to a drug that does nothing but make me a little tired..... Its like smoking darts sure it feels good but you get nothing from it at all aside from that instant gratification and semi-permanent damage to your body. I just wanna trip fucken balls again like I did in grade 9 again hahahaha I`m considering taking that 2000mg of thc, be an expensive ass night of maybe getting high though.

I smoked weed for 17+ years almost every day. It kinda gets old after awhile. I do not enjoy cannabis like I used to. I'm not even talking about tolerance. I just.... don't like it that much anymore. The only reason I continue to smoke is for medicinal purposes like sleep, hunger (beneficial to me, I never eat) mild relaxation and it also blocks my hypnagogic hallucinations. It really is medicine.

For the life of me I can't believe someone would take 2000mg of thc and that would be a positive experience. If it doesn't work for you anymore, why keep taking so much, it might be better to just give it a rest.

Alcoholics are still getting rocked 20 years later since they are brain dead. I can be certain they are feeling no euphoria and drinking to live. Some of the older alcoholics I know are all mentally ill anyway. Drinking just makes them even more fucked up. But they are legit sober when it comes to euphoria. The alcohol however is still effecting their brain.

I have been smoking for 27 years. Some people just don't get the anxiety and paranoia or strange feelings. I never did. You are probably super comfortable in your own skin is why. Through the years plenty of weed smokers dropped off due to these claims of weed gives them too many issues. They all have issues to begin with and weed just enhances them.

Only when I smoke in hardcore acute withdrawal do I get weird feelings, but that is because the withdrawal is enhanced. Once the calm after the withdrawal comes, safe to smoke.

You just need to slow it down. I try not to wake and bake since I get lazy and want to nap after. But smoke afternoon or night. First high of the day and always get blasted.

For the life of me I can't believe someone would take 2000mg of thc and that would be a positive experience. If it doesn't work for you anymore, why keep taking so much, it might be better to just give it a rest.
I'm fairly hard headed when it comes to edibles, generally requiring 50mg+ to be a worthwhile experience. I've comfortably dosed 100mg at a time, without excess anxiety or negative effects, but 2000mg of THC is just a fucking incomprehensibly high dose. That would be 20 bags of standardized edibles. Please dont eat that much...

I'm fairly hard headed when it comes to edibles, generally requiring 50mg+ to be a worthwhile experience. I've comfortably dosed 100mg at a time, without excess anxiety or negative effects, but 2000mg of THC is just a fucking incomprehensibly high dose. That would be 20 bags of standardized edibles. Please dont eat that much...
Is it bad that that only makes me want to do it more? Its only weed its not like ill have a stroke or anything lmao, also everybody else I guess the message of the day is to just stop smoking so much and be a decent human hahahah makes sense, I`ll try to cut back

Is it bad that that only makes me want to do it more? Its only weed its not like ill have a stroke or anything lmao, also everybody else I guess the message of the day is to just stop smoking so much and be a decent human hahahah makes sense, I`ll try to cut back
Well, besides the quantity of THC that is, I'd be concerned about how to pay for that amount of edibles. Also, depending on which state or country you're in, that may be well above the amount of edibles that you can purchase and possess at a time, so it may be risky from a legal perspective. I'm not going to give you some bullshit about doing brain damage or anything hyperbolic like that, just be careful and have a sitter handy if you simply must do it.

I'm very hard headed when it comes to edibles, but going over 100mg (one bag of standard edibles) is also going to take a hard time to wear off. When I take 100mg in a sitting, I'm usually stoned for more than a day, so plan on being stoned for a very long time. The half life of oral THC can be over 50 hours, so dont plan on being fully functional for a while.

Plan ahead so you have all the food, beverages, and entertainment you'll need because you're not going to to want to go in public for a few days, and, of most importance, DO NOT DRIVE until you've been sober for at least a day. Also, despite this being "only THC", there would be a realistic chance of you becoming delusional or just straight freaking the fuck out.

Please, if you do choose to do something this stupid, at least do it in the least stupid way possible. Legal cannabis was hard earned here, and a story like someone freaking out from eating 200 separate edibles is something that the media would be all over, demonizing the cannabis, not the irresponsible user.

Please reconsider, if you don't reconsider, at least do it in the safest way possible. Maybe try eating smaller amounts and work your way up to doses like that. 100mg can be a hell of a ride for someone with 26 years of recreational marijuana experience.

I've said my piece and dont mean to come across as condescending or just a dick, I just dont want to see you end up in a hospital, jail, or psychiatric ward. THC is a real psychedelic drug, most people just haven't gotten to the point that they get full on visuals with eyes open or closed, so be prepared for that as well.

Be safe....

Why does weed suck now? I used to smoke the littlest little bit and be soaring overnight sometimes. Now I smoke it all day long, huge bowls and barely anything happens at all. I understand tolerance, but still it does literally nothing but make me tired unless I havent smoked in over 24 hours. Alcoholics still get drunk, meth addicts still get high, trip hunters still trip, why the fuck cant I get stoned?
Which strains did you use. And are the recent lacking effects maybe a result of a weak or wrong strain.

I always aim for Haze, excluding Amnesia. A Jack Herer or the fruity ( ... Berry) , or loopy (... x Kush) strains developed round the time America started legalizing. Mostly I get high or stoned whatever you wanna call it.

Probably has to do with Terpenes and other Cannabinoids as the ammount of THC is not that different. Still curious about King Hassan, a Moroccan Hash with 20% THC and 20% CBD. Why didn't I buy it when available?

Well, besides the quantity of THC that is, I'd be concerned about how to pay for that amount of edibles. Also, depending on which state or country you're in, that may be well above the amount of edibles that you can purchase and possess at a time, so it may be risky from a legal perspective. I'm not going to give you some bullshit about doing brain damage or anything hyperbolic like that, just be careful and have a sitter handy if you simply must do it.

I'm very hard headed when it comes to edibles, but going over 100mg (one bag of standard edibles) is also going to take a hard time to wear off. When I take 100mg in a sitting, I'm usually stoned for more than a day, so plan on being stoned for a very long time. The half life of oral THC can be over 50 hours, so dont plan on being fully functional for a while.

Plan ahead so you have all the food, beverages, and entertainment you'll need because you're not going to to want to go in public for a few days, and, of most importance, DO NOT DRIVE until you've been sober for at least a day. Also, despite this being "only THC", there would be a realistic chance of you becoming delusional or just straight freaking the fuck out.

Please, if you do choose to do something this stupid, at least do it in the least stupid way possible. Legal cannabis was hard earned here, and a story like someone freaking out from eating 200 separate edibles is something that the media would be all over, demonizing the cannabis, not the irresponsible user.

Please reconsider, if you don't reconsider, at least do it in the safest way possible. Maybe try eating smaller amounts and work your way up to doses like that. 100mg can be a hell of a ride for someone with 26 years of recreational marijuana experience.

I've said my piece and dont mean to come across as condescending or just a dick, I just dont want to see you end up in a hospital, jail, or psychiatric ward. THC is a real psychedelic drug, most people just haven't gotten to the point that they get full on visuals with eyes open or closed, so be prepared for that as well.

Be safe....
Okay honestly ive reconsidered a little bit hhahahaha I suppose weed would be totally different ingesting it rather than smoking, Ill pick up some 100mg eddys next time I`m at the rez(for those of you who dont live in canada the indians had us covered way before the government did, the rez is a place to buy anything weeed related and even mushrooms, and theyve been selling since before the legalization) And we`ll see how it goes! Ill probably take 200mg first try, I just really want that "holy FUCK!" high again lmao if its too much I`ll dial it back for the next trip. Also no dude you not coming across as anything but someone who wants to help, your all good homie hahahha

Okay honestly ive reconsidered a little bit hhahahaha I suppose weed would be totally different ingesting it rather than smoking, Ill pick up some 100mg eddys next time I`m at the rez(for those of you who dont live in canada the indians had us covered way before the government did, the rez is a place to buy anything weeed related and even mushrooms, and theyve been selling since before the legalization) And we`ll see how it goes! Ill probably take 200mg first try, I just really want that "holy FUCK!" high again lmao if its too much I`ll dial it back for the next trip. Also no dude you not coming across as anything but someone who wants to help, your all good homie hahahha
If you're not experienced with edible cannabis, even 200mg is a massive dose. Theres a reason why most dispensary workers reccomend not starting at above 10-20mg. Cannabis is a very different experience smoked than in edible form
If you get in way over your head, you'll be in it for a long time. When you over smoke, you can just wait it out for an hour or two and you'll rapidly feel better. If you overdo the edibles, you can expect to be in that state for many, many hours (which could easily feel far longer than that, edibles cause far more time dilation than smoked).

Seriously, if you're not experienced with edible cannabis, start with nothing above 20mg and wait at least 3 hours before you increase the dose, the edible come up lasts several hours. You want to be sure you're experiencing the full effects of a dose before considering adding more. You can always take more, but you cannot go back and take less.

Be smart and be safe!

You're better off smoking less than you would be doing tons of dabs/shatter/other cannabis concentrates. My sister got actual withdrawal symptoms after going from smoking 2-3g a day of shatter, when she got in legal trouble and had to stop for over a year. Now she's baked af after a couple hits of flower or a single 10mg edible. Try just not smoking for a couple days, trust me, it'll help...
This is probably why you don't feel anything I overread it the first time. And assumed a pattern of use akin to mine.

When I smoke it's pure and max 4 times a day, preferably 3. But I am a pig when it comes to drugs. So before or after breakfast, lunch, diner and a late night toke. That is the max ammount of times I can get stoned a day. Anymore is a waste or purely because I am on other drugs or skipping sleep. Wanted or unwanted.

Tobacco only after the weed has kicked in also helps. This will prevent the Nicotin overpowering the THC.

I am definitely gonna try some 200mg eddys just to start, if thats too much ill tone it back not enough I`m gonna do 400mg, well see hahahah

I am definitely gonna try some 200mg eddys just to start, if thats too much ill tone it back not enough I`m gonna do 400mg, well see hahahah
I don't remember, do you have any experience edible cannabis at all yet? I know people who use edibles regularly and can't tolerate more than 50-60mg. I eat them at least twice a week and I top out at around 100mg in one dose. Ask around, you're really pushing the limits (not necessarily in a good way) edible doses for someone who isn't a terminal cancer patient and acclimated to doses that high. I dont want to see you end up dissociated and ending up in a psych ward or jail cell. Please reconsider and be safe...

I don't remember, do you have any experience edible cannabis at all yet? I know people who use edibles regularly and can't tolerate more than 50-60mg. I eat them at least twice a week and I top out at around 100mg in one dose. Ask around, you're really pushing the limits (not necessarily in a good way) edible doses for someone who isn't a terminal cancer patient and acclimated to doses that high. I dont want to see you end up dissociated and ending up in a psych ward or jail cell. Please reconsider and be safe...
I know this sounds like I`m trying to be cool or whatever, but I consider myself fairly well versed in the world of dissociation and feeling fucken weird if you know what I mean. Ive taken 6gram doses of shrooms, stayed up all night partying and smoking weed with my buddies that night, I ate like 3 pot brownies in grade 9 at school and was tripping fucking balls for the whole day, but I didnt feel as though it was too much. I`m a rare breed man... I always want more y`know? Hell, it might even be a good thing to humble myself with a bad trip for once.....

I know this sounds like I`m trying to be cool or whatever, but I consider myself fairly well versed in the world of dissociation and feeling fucken weird if you know what I mean. Ive taken 6gram doses of shrooms, stayed up all night partying and smoking weed with my buddies that night, I ate like 3 pot brownies in grade 9 at school and was tripping fucking balls for the whole day, but I didnt feel as though it was too much. I`m a rare breed man... I always want more y`know? Hell, it might even be a good thing to humble myself with a bad trip for once.....
I've just buried a friend who always wanted more.
Please don't give up on yourself. You are so so young, and you can turn your life around easily - but if you stay on the path of taking anything you can find...well it's not a pretty end. Urges are just urges, you need to learn to control them or they will destroy you

I don't want to scare you, but you do scare me.