• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe waited 24hrs, suboxone not working??

I have been reading countless pages on this topic, and from what I've read the average time you have to wait for an average dose is 24hrs. I took much more than an average dose and theres not much information regarding that. So I'm going to go by a basic rule of thumb and wait until I am in decent withdrawals before using anything. Atleast this way I will get some relief....

I hope you got your answer bupe is a very tricky medicine.....

I hope you got your answer bupe is a very tricky medicine.....
Tell me about it haha... Anyway, I'm at about 50hrs since the 24mg dose... still okay not in bad withdrawals yet but i feel it creeping up.

I know the bupe is fading because my sex drive came back, that's like one of the first things for me...

This is why I Recently Chose Methadone Despite HOW SCARY IT IS Suboxone Scares Me even fucking more because of this topic AND IT IS VERY addictive i see tons of post people asking why clonidine and clonazepam wont help rls and people saying try herbs like valerian root.

Reminds me of tramadol weird drug that has two actions also it is a An SSRI And An Analogue of Codeine from i Read Weaker Partial Opioid Mu Receptor Agonist or what ever but Basically when you withdraw from Tramadol your Withdrawing and or trying to find a similar SSRI or one that works with you because Detoxing from Tramadol Addiction is Opioid Withdrawals as Bad as Heroin which is just super fast rushing Morphine But you also have SSRI Anti-Depressant Withdrawals Seizures and Brain Shocks Passing Out And Tunnel Vision etc etc sounds horrible never mind WHILE IN fucking horrible opioid withdrawals AND IT CAN CAUSE SEIZURES in doses above 400MG a day i read about people consuming a 1000mg and sometimes using Clonazepam to Reduce the Seizure Risk BUT onCE IT Wears of fucking scary. AND THE DRUG SUCKS no High shit pain relief fucking addictive shit it is.

This is why I Recently Chose Methadone Despite HOW SCARY IT IS Suboxone Scares Me even fucking more because of this topic AND IT IS VERY addictive i see tons of post people asking why clonidine and clonazepam wont help rls and people saying try herbs like valerian root.
Yeah but going to the clinic every morning just doesn't cut it for most people bra.

Ok, I would suggest you take caution reading everyone else's posts because there is a lot of bad info in them. 1st off if you switch back and forth from h to sub it will fuck with the subs and they will stop working or wont work for a lot longer then 24 hours, I don't know why, but that's what happens when you switch back and forth a lot. Last time I tried to switch over I had the same thing, took it at 24 hours felt good for an hour and then it turned into like a every 45 min i went from okay back to sick, but not like precipitated wd's just normal wd's and it lasted almost 36 hours till i gave up and used.

Also, the bio-availability of suboxone when taken sublingualy is equal to 8/2 mg = 2/0 mg. so for every 8 mg you take you only get about 2.2 mgs. This changes if you snort shoot or plug it, snorting is 80% and shoot and plug is 100%. Also the ceiling effect is not 16mgs it is 32mgs. But the ceiling effect only works with sublingual use. So be careful, because you absolutely can OD on subs.

Best way to avoid this next time... taper yourself down on the H as much as you can, to the point where 1 bag will hold you 12 hours, then do 1 bag every 12 hours 3 times, then wait 24 hours and presto it will kick right in.

Last edited:
Ok, I would suggest you take caution reading everyone else's posts because there is a lot of bad info in them. 1st off if you switch back and forth from h to sub it will fuck with the subs and they will stop working or wont work for a lot longer then 24 hours, I don't know why, but that's what happens when you switch back and forth a lot. Last time I tried to switch over I had the same thing, took it at 24 hours felt good for an hour and then it turned into like a every 45 min i went from okay back to sick, but not like precipitated wd's just normal wd's and it lasted almost 36 hours till i gave up and used.

Also, the bio-availability of suboxone when taken sublingualy is equal to 8/2 mg = 2/0 mg. so for every 8 mg you take you only get about 2.2 mgs. This changes if you snort shoot or plug it, snorting is 80% and shoot and plug is 100%. Also the ceiling effect is not 16mgs it is 32mgs. But the ceiling effect only works with sublingual use. So be careful, because you absolutely can OD on subs.

Best way to avoid this next time... taper yourself down on the H as much as you can, to the point where 1 bag will hold you 12 hours, then do 1 bag every 12 hours 3 times, then wait 24 hours and presto it will kick right in.
Yeah well I took the ceiling limit in about a 24hr period (32mg). 8mg sunday night, then 24mg monday morning. I'm going on 72hrs today and the bupe is still holding on. I'm surprised I was able to sleep last night. As soon as I start withdrawling i'm going to take 2mg slowly every hour until the withdrawal fades. That is my plan

24 hours is not a rule of the land set time for everyone
Everyone is different and there are too many variables, there is a cows chart, iir that name correctly, that is a huge help at gauging the appropriate level of dope sickness you're and if you should dose yet

I have a very fast metabolism and I used to have to hang in there for at least 40 hours and even then it'd take me 3 days to like level out on sub and not feel any physical symptoms
Shit was fucked

I have a few signs of when its time. The watery eyes and yawning, lower back pain. And I start to get really horny, thats one of the not so bad signs.

UPDATE:
At 72hrs I said fuck it I'm goin for it... I heard from most people on these threads that over 8mg you gotta wait a week, that's bullshit. I loaded up a full shot of H and slammed it... I got FULL effect, or close to it maybe 90%. So I'm very happy about the resultts, I was nervous I was going to waste it. So mission accomplished for now.

Just to go over this again... I did 32mg of suboxone total in one day(Monday)... 72 hrs later I did an average shot of black tar(Thursday). I have heard of people using pills and having little to no effect with the same dosages and times, I used slammed heroin I think that was the difference.... So where I go from here I'm not sure, I have a couple subs left and maybe ill get a little more H... Either way, goal is to last till monday(Drs appt) then ill have my sub script.... Thanks all for listening.

Ok, I would suggest you take caution reading everyone else's posts because there is a lot of bad info in them. 1st off if you switch back and forth from h to sub it will fuck with the subs and they will stop working or wont work for a lot longer then 24 hours, I don't know why, but that's what happens when you switch back and forth a lot.

Yes. Please listen to this before its too late. I'm in the same boat. Suboxone will not work for me anymore, it makes me so sick If it comes down to it I would rather just kick cold turkey than use subs. But I ended up on felony probation and the only way I could stay clean was on a maintinance program... And now im stuck on methadone.
Don't get me wrong, methadone saved me life. But I really wish I had had the option to take subs instead. I say it on her ALL the time, but switching back n forth between subs and dope is BAD, and has even worse long term consequences. Please learn from our mistakes and just take the subs when your ready to kick dope for real

Yes. Please listen to this before its too late. I'm in the same boat. Suboxone will not work for me anymore, it makes me so sick If it comes down to it I would rather just kick cold turkey than use subs. But I ended up on felony probation and the only way I could stay clean was on a maintinance program... And now im stuck on methadone.
Don't get me wrong, methadone saved me life. But I really wish I had had the option to take subs instead. I say it on her ALL the time, but switching back n forth between subs and dope is BAD, and has even worse long term consequences. Please learn from our mistakes and just take the subs when your ready to kick dope for real
Honestly I dont see the science behind "switching back and forth makes subs not work anymore".. All I'm saying is that there has to be more to it than that. For me I probably screwed up by taking the subs too early. If I hadnt of done that I'm sure I would of been fine...

The truth is if u wait the PROPER amount of time (both ways), you'd be fine. Its when people get anxious and screw things up, then they jump to conclusions saying "subs dont work anymore" cuz they're pissed off.

Last edited:
Huh, that is wierd you felt okay for an hour then w/d's came back after an hour, especially since you took 16mg! As said Bupe is a wierd drug, I've been prescrbied 16mg a day for about a year and a half now, doctor now just talking about tapering(only reason is because I only have 6 months on my insurance) now subs have helped me alot, not gonna lie, but I wish they were better with helping cravings...have been chipping this week with Oxy and my last dose was of Sub was on Saturday, after I went back to the Sub I ended up just taking 2/3mg(somewhere around there) and was not sick at all, and in a way felt more sedated instead of the engery that i would get from taking a full stip of 8mg...I dunno, wierd drug is all I can say, would much rather be on Methadone for maintaince as this would most definalety stop me from chipping, as there would be no damn point to it, only thing that stopped me from the clinic was just the driving distance and working around my job. But speaking of being the wierd drug part, after taking 8mg a day for the past year pretty much, I actually felt some kind of light 'buzz'(though not euphoric as other opiates of course) after not taking any for 5 days, and during those days I was gobbling down percocets...but yes, wierd drug and indeed, and after that I am determined to get my dose down to 2/3mg a day pretty damn soon, like 2mg in the morning and 1mg at night/evening time, atleast that way I can feel my dose a little bit and not just feel the same and blah all the time..though I did feel some kind of w/d cuz as you said about the sex drive thing, I was getting boners alot that day...

Huh, that is wierd you felt okay for an hour then w/d's came back after an hour, especially since you took 16mg! As said Bupe is a wierd drug, I've been prescrbied 16mg a day for about a year and a half now, doctor now just talking about tapering(only reason is because I only have 6 months on my insurance) now subs have helped me alot, not gonna lie, but I wish they were better with helping cravings...have been chipping this week with Oxy and my last dose was of Sub was on Saturday, after I went back to the Sub I ended up just taking 2/3mg(somewhere around there) and was not sick at all, and in a way felt more sedated instead of the engery that i would get from taking a full stip of 8mg...I dunno, wierd drug is all I can say, would much rather be on Methadone for maintaince as this would most definalety stop me from chipping, as there would be no damn point to it, only thing that stopped me from the clinic was just the driving distance and working around my job. But speaking of being the wierd drug part, after taking 8mg a day for the past year pretty much, I actually felt some kind of light 'buzz'(though not euphoric as other opiates of course) after not taking any for 5 days, and during those days I was gobbling down percocets...but yes, wierd drug and indeed, and after that I am determined to get my dose down to 2/3mg a day pretty damn soon, like 2mg in the morning and 1mg at night/evening time, atleast that way I can feel my dose a little bit and not just feel the same and blah all the time..though I did feel some kind of w/d cuz as you said about the sex drive thing, I was getting boners alot that day...
I dunno I never saw the point of going on subs or methadone unless you're doing heroin. Subs and Done just seem like too much of an extreme for a pill addict. I mean, 1mg of sub is equal to like 30mg hydrocodone, so thats alot when u think about it. But anyway, on the methadone thing, as far as I'm concerned methadone just gets you loaded. I was on it for 6 months, and all I did was nod out all day and gain weight. I might as well of just been using. Methadone has got to be the biggest joke in the world. And when I finally decided to come off it, it was hell on earth. Hmm never again with methadone for me. Plus driving to the clinic every morning as I've said numerous times is just fuckin lame.

Honestly I dont see the science behind "switching back and forth makes subs not work anymore".. All I'm saying is that there has to be more to it than that. For me I probably screwed up by taking the subs too early. If I hadnt of done that I'm sure I would of been fine...

The truth is if u wait the PROPER amount of time (both ways), you'd be fine. Its when people get anxious and screw things up, then they jump to conclusions saying "subs dont work anymore" cuz they're pissed off.

I'm talking about not waiting to proper amount of time between switching. Taking bupes then 6 hours later when u still feel kinda icky getting high. Then taking subs again the next morning, then doing dope again. Ect..

And I don't see the science behind it either. Really I have no explanation for why this happends. But it sure as hell happened to me, and several other people I know. I've had a couple drs try and induce me in an inpatient setting ( since fucking around on my subs ) and I always got really sick and neither could explain it. But the first few times I took subs they did what they were supposed to. All I'm saying is be careful.

Suboxone will kick in much less than 24 hours after injesting. If its the strip keep it under your tongue for like 5-25 minutes then itll dissolve. If its a pill then just take it. Suboxone can be scary and make you sick it's so much different than any other opiate or opiate like substance in my opinion. It can work wonders or create nightmares.

Thank you for reiterating this fact sekio. It is a common myth people believe that the Naloxone in Sub has some type of effect when taking the medication as directed. The half-life of Naloxone is only 31-81 minutes. It has a hard time crossing the blood brain barrier when taken orally or Sublingually So the idea that Naloxone has any type of effect after a few hours also makes little sense. From the NIH and NAABT (National Alliance Advocating for Buprenorphine therapy) they make it very clear that Naloxone has nothing to do with Suboxones ability to cause precipitated withdrawal or it's blocking effects when trying to use opiates on the medication. Even when the medication is IV'd it is still up for debate if it is buprenorphine creating precipitated withdrawals in opiate dependent individuals or if it is the Naloxone.

You think methadone sucks now wait till you have to detox haha.

And again I cannot explain why it fuka with the sub's but it does. In the beginning sub's work ed perfectly, then I started using it only when I couldn't get h, constantly going back and forth and sub's have never worked the same since. Just trust us and don't swoitc back ad forth just stay on sub's or stay on h. I wish I did.

Lastly, the naloxne in sub's is not absorbed when taken sublingualy. Its only purpose is to scare you out of shooting sub's, but again it actually serves no purpose.

Last edited:
I'm fully aware of the horrors of methadone detox. And I'm not complaining about being on it either. Like I said, it saved my life, I didn't really have any other options left. I'm just trying to save someone else if I can, from ruining suboxone for themselves. And the eventual pain of methadone detox that I know I'm going to have to face