• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe waited 24hrs, suboxone not working??

siq

Bluelighter
I went on a week run of heroin (gram a day). I waited 24hrs after my last dose which was 10:30 last night. Took 8mg, didnt do much but felt okay.
This morning, woke up with moderate withdrawls... Took 8mg, did nothing. Took 8 more mg, felt good for maybe an hour thought it worked... and then withdrawl came back??!! What the hell. Now I've dosed another 8mg but don't know what to do.

how are you taking it?

Also, buprenorphine is a very unique opioid, it's a partial agonist at doses above 2mg, so for the desired full agonist releif, you need to take doses less than 2mg at a time so that it doesn't begin to cancel it's own effects out by blocking the opioid receptors of the full agonist metabolite, which is why you kinda blew it by taking a full 8mg and another 8mg totaling 16mg in a short time period. You can take it via multiple ROA's but before moving on to others give SL a try.

Before putting it under your tongue, rinse your mouth out with an alcohol-containing mouth wash, then try dosing again.

I would highly recommend cutting up the strips into 1mg squares and taking one of them via SL every hour until it kicks in.

Best of Luck..

Tommrow I guess I will try 2mg an hour until it works

unless anyone else has a suggestion...? I'm afraid the suboxone will never work again. its like my biggest fear.

Dear Siq,

I know I don't have a lot of posts so my information doesn't look reliable, but the information Tricomb gave you is correct. He says buprenorphine is a unique opioid, which is correct, but also consider that Suboxone's mechanism in the body differs from straight buprenorphine. The taking multiple of something with an 8:2 ratio at once might push the naloxone into more higher active pharmacokinetics.

Do not be afraid. Love is always stronger than fear. This was a helpful tool for me to help through withdrawal.

Pce

Naloxone actually has crappy oral & sublingual biaoavilibility, a lower affinity for opioid receptors than buprenorphine, & much more rapid elimination... so it's unlikely to be the culprit.

So I did 24mg total today. Its 8:30 at night and I feel like its blocking 70% of the withdrawal. What was weird was it actually worked fully for an hour, then went away...

Tomorrow should I try 2mg every hour?

Try 1 to 2mg and then wait for 3-4 hours... with suboxone, less is more. Taking too much can actually make you go from feeling OK to feeling worse.

I thought that by now it would "even itself out" and I'd feel normal. But its 10:30 and still feel like its fading...maybe 50% now.

I don't think there is any reason to take more for at least 36 hours. The problem with sub is the long halflife, so once you dose your stuck with it for awhile. Let the concentration in your blood fall for awhile then redose much lower.

In my experience, no dose of suboxone (high or low) will completely cancel out heroin WD for the first few days.. Basically, the way I see it - for days 1-4 or so after going from heroin-suboxone, I know regardless of the subby dose, I'm going to feel pretty shitty, but - I'll be able to get some sleep and go to work (albeit a horrible experience) and then after a few days, I sort of "level out" and start feeling alright.

I agree with you about cutting it into 1mg pieces and your body can't consume anymore than 16mg so just taking them like crazy isn't going to work like it's suppose to. Hope this helps.

Your body cannot consume 16mg within a 24hr period. At least that's what my doctor explained to me. Hope this helps good luck with the DT.

I stopped taking it yesterday at about 3pm... I'm not going to take anything until at least tomorrow at 3pm (48hr)....However, I might have trouble getting suboxone so I might just go back to heroin. I'm having trouble getting into my doctor, I told him I relapsed and I don't think hes too excited to make an appt.

I stopped taking it yesterday at about 3pm... I'm not going to take anything until at least tomorrow at 3pm (48hr)....However, I might have trouble getting suboxone so I might just go back to heroin. I'm having trouble getting into my doctor, I told him I relapsed and I don't think hes too excited to make an appt.

Then fuck him and report him to the medical board while your at it. In my area there are so many sub docs it's crazy. Can you find a different one?

So I did 24mg total today. Its 8:30 at night and I feel like its blocking 70% of the withdrawal. What was weird was it actually worked fully for an hour, then went away...

Tomorrow should I try 2mg every hour?

This reminds me of me on subs. they dont fkin work. even at their best id say 70 % w/d free.

Its 7:30pm (close to 30hrs since dose) and the the dose is still blocking maybe 90% now. I think if I was in Precipited WD that its over. The subs seems to be really hanging on, I'm guessing by tomorrow morning I will be withdrawing again. Hopefully not.... Doctor finally called and said hes out of town, cannot do anything for me until monday. So it looks like I'm fucked as far as more subs. I went and got a 30 sack of H for when the withdrawals get real bad, at least for now. It looks like i'll be using black tar until I can get in to see him.

Induction always sucks. It takes about 3 days of a regimented schedule to get acclimated. You still won't be feeling great at that point, but you'll be functional.

The first 2 or 3 days, I like to do 2mg, wait 4 hours, then 2mg more. Then when it has been 12 hours since first dose, repeat.
After I'm acclimated, I have success with 2mg every 12 hours. After a while, I am able to skip my 2nd dose some days with little discomfort.

I have noticed that 2mg seems to be the best amount to dose with at any given time. This is coming from someone who has over 2 years (cumulative) of suboxone use.

Induction always sucks. It takes about 3 days of a regimented schedule to get acclimated. You still won't be feeling great at that point, but you'll be functional.

The first 2 or 3 days, I like to do 2mg, wait 4 hours, then 2mg more. Then when it has been 12 hours since first dose, repeat.
After I'm acclimated, I have success with 2mg every 12 hours. After a while, I am able to skip my 2nd dose some days with little discomfort.

I have noticed that 2mg seems to be the best amount to dose with at any given time. This is coming from someone who has over 2 years (cumulative) of suboxone use.
You only take 2mg no matter how much heroin you were doing? Also, I've never taken subs twice a day, never felt the need.

Last edited: