• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Vicks 44 cough syrup (w00t!)

Half a 100ml bottle of Robotussin DX will bring you to 300mg not 150mg like you said.
Wrong... Robitussin DX Extra Strength is 30mg DXM/10ml... therefor a full bottle is 300mg, half a bottle is 150mg.

Check the size of the bottle - a large bottle of Robitussin DX is 200mL, containing 600mg DXM HBr.

BigTrancer :)

Sorry I meant 200ml, as thats the only size bottles of it we get here and I thought everywhere else in Oz would be the same aswell. My bad...

Last edited:
Has anyone ever had Pholcodine Linctus? I just went to my Pharmacy for some cough syrup and they said to try this. The bottle says 'may cause drowsiness' and contains Pholcodine? and it also says not to mix with alcohol...ah well, I probably just wasted my money - should have got the Vicks 44.. Philcodine is not really 'coedine' is it?, I don't know a lot about syrups... Anyway, I just need it for my cough. Does anyone know if I could get a buzz at all?

This is getting potentially very dangerous.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES IS ANYONE ENCOURAGED TO BUY PHARMACY COUGH LIQUIDS AT RANDOM AND DRINK THEM TO GET HIGH.

Smokeblow - a quick Google search will answer all your questions...

Pholcodine
by
Findlay JW.
Department of Medicinal Biochemistry,
Burroughs Wellcome Co.,
Research Triangle Park,
NC 27709.
J Clin Pharm Ther 1988 Feb;13(1):5-17

ABSTRACT
Pholcodine has antitussive activity similar to, or somewhat greater than, that of codeine in animal test systems. The drug, which has been formulated in many combination medications (45)--some rational and some quite irrational pharmacologically--also appears to be active in man, although the clear-cut demonstrations, unfortunately, are in artificially-induced cough models. Additional efficacy studies are needed. Preclinical toxicity studies demonstrate a generally safer profile for pholcodine than codeine, although pholcodine appears to have greater depressant effects on the respiratory and cardiovascular systems in animals. These effects have not been observed in man after administration of therapeutic doses. Pholcodine appears to be devoid of addiction liability in man. In contrast to codeine, pholcodine is not metabolised to morphine in man, a fact which may contribute to its more favourable toxicity profile, and it is metabolised and eliminated much more slowly than codeine.

I would recommend people stick to something they KNOW has no other active ingredients, such as Robitussin DX.

BigTrancer :)

thanks Big Trancer:)

I should have looked harder before posting. Don't worry, I was only curious as to what I had in my hands. It is only being used correctly as directed for my cough...oh and it tastes aweful!!!

Just wanted to point out that sorbitol, which was listed as an inactive ingredient in the Benadryl for The Family Dry Forte, is a laxative. At normal doses (ie: doses for coughs) there wouldn't be enough to give you any problems but at the doses you are talking about to get high, it may be rather unpleasant.:\

it is a derivitive of Codiene yes, as is DIHYDROCODEINE

It will feel similar to codeine, and give you a buz. But, as the general sonsensus of this thread is, stick to Dextromethorphan :)

superbabydoc, that's true, but it is usefull to those who are constipated through use of ANY opiates. If anyone DOESN'T shit rocks and claim to use large amounts of opiates I would questin thier dosages !

Remembering that opiates cover a large playing field, codeine, heroin, morpheine, pethadine the list goes on.

Is Forte' French. I know it means "strong" or somethig but dos anyone have an actual translation ?

superbabydoc said:
Just wanted to point out that sorbitol, which was listed as an inactive ingredient in the Benadryl for The Family Dry Forte, is a laxative. At normal doses (ie: doses for coughs) there wouldn't be enough to give you any problems but at the doses you are talking about to get high, it may be rather unpleasant.:\

I've heard it said, but I have never personally experienced any laxative effect after taking DXM. Never taken over 400mg though, and also grapefruit juice makes a significant impact in terms of intensity.

no, dxm is not a laxative, sorbitol is, that is mixed with "some" other potions. Vicks and Robo doe not have it. Most potions with codiene have it, to counter the constipating eefect of the opiate :)
Winsom

thanks, it was great. it was lovely to get out of my head for once and be confused and see that things still work

3rd DXM

I will never again question the power of DXM !
Damn that stuuff can grow legs, real quick !

I tried a third plateua last night (7-800mg) I sincerely thought I'd lost it a couple of times. At one point I was breaking a dream I was creating, trying to wake myself, at another I was closed eyed, seeing my waving hands ect, the delusions were I was completelt loosing touch with my current reality, the simplest of things was a chore in itself, it was asif I were swimming though the wair.

Some of the visuals I was getting were surprisingly different and more 'real' than acid. Stucka time trip for seemingly half a day (2hrs) DXM can cen very overwhelming fast and it takes a while to collect yuour thoughtsand continue.

Took 2hrs to come on, but stayed for 4-5 and started coming down at a fast rate. Very Bloodshot, double vision, and for ther first time my head was almost stuck in a lefft-titled kind of stare, weird. Lots of wind and all that syrup didn't sit right in my gut. I needed 30mg V to calm myself to try and sleep. I know have had about 3 hours sleep (after 5 hours DXMing) and I feel surprisingly alert. Noises are all amplifies, never put any music on.

"The fear" I'd lost it, twice was far greater than when I freaked on acid. Didn't last long, maybe 30mins but I was considering what treatment was available, was learning programs I could take. I couldn't describe how I felt, let alone communicate, but it passed.

I'd HATE tyo go to the fourth plateua, that would be waaay TOO mad. I doubt many people would handle asuch a ride, especially alone. I don't think I'll go a 3rd ever again, maybe 4-600mg is a good benchmark.

DXM deserves respect at doeses above 600mg it is very intoxicating. I remember coming up with some surprisingley clear random statements throughout, but for no apparent reasoning.
Winsom

[Edit: Replaced "DMX" with "DXM" throughout. BT]

Last edited by a moderator:
*bump*

just wondering if there's any more info about benadryl - as babydoc said, sorbitol is a laxative. have people taken benadryl before without it actually acting as a laxative (i had about thirty or forty mls of benadryl once added to a dose of robo, and didn't have any effects, but this time i'd be more likely having about 150mls - obviously a little more dramatic), or is it *always* going to result in a laxative effect? that wouldn't be fun :)

how about the dxm extractions that are detailed on bl and various other sites - is it possible to extract dxm from benadryl, because most sites just mention robotussin...is there even, perhaps, a way to extract the sorbitol from the liquid?

help would be appreciated :)

if youre talking about benadryl forte, ive had that before with no laxative effects. Although the most i consumed was half a bottle at once.

well, i ended up having about fifty mls of the benadryl dry forte last night, with no ill effects (on top of a hundred of robo), so i guess it's not too bad.

Hi, newbie here. Name is luke, pharms are my thing.

Mate do yourself a favour, be careful with DXM. It's a very strange drug. Whatever you do don't mix it with antidepressants.

just wondering approx how much does a bottle of robotussin cost and can you mix the stuff with downers, eg xanax or valium?