Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Valium info needed

my innerself

Bluelighter
I was going trough my medicine draw today looking for some pain killers and happened to find 5 Valium tablets there, it beats the hell out of me how they got there, but any way what is the story about these pills, can you get some kind of kick out of them? and what is the recomended dosage if your looking to get a buzz from them?

The pills say "Valium Diazepam 2 mg" on the back.

Any advice would be appreciated, I have searched for other related threads but had no luck, cheers.

Valium isn't everyones idea of a good time, however with larger doses a form of euphoria is usually experienced. I've found them a good short term helper when grieving, and if a tolerance isn't developed, then even a 2mg tablet before bedtime can fix sore muscles. But they are definitely addictive.

ahhh lucky man!!! valium is a benzo. so u could have a search for Benzodiazepines. there will be heaps about valium and other benzos on here, and erowid.
enjoy

Deformed_Neuron said:

If you use stimulant-like drugs, save them for come-downs.
IMO this is what valium is best for. Chills you out a little making the comedown more mellow and bearable, and is a life saver when you need to sleep after coming off speed.
By its self its not particularly exciting, internal monolog doesn't chatter as much, your body feels abit more relaxed and you don't care about stuff as much. Pretty boring in my opinion.
Don't mix it with alcohol either, its supposed to be quite a dangerous combo.
Unfortunately I threw out my valium when I was really stoned and paranoid:( . Definately going to make the comedowns harder.

Diazepam is great for the wind down of stimulants and lsd, takes the edge of things, and gives you access to valuable sleep time :)

2mg tabs are pretty weak. 10mg is a pretty standard prescription for someone suffering anxiety prior to a procedure etc...

My guy takes valium occasionally for his lower back pain.He'll usually take 5-10 mg when it gets really painful but says sometimes the relief isnt worth it for the bombed out foggy headed feeling u get the next day. Taking 10 mg will certainly make u feel pretty mellow but be careful (as always) mixing them with anything else. There are alot of great rock star stories about taking similar medication ,drinking etc then falling asleep on their backs & choking on their own vomit.

They can be good for a comedown if you're wanting to sleep. They reduce the jitters but can leave the depression. They're not particularly good if you're feeling down at all as they can make you feel worse.

5mg has done me fine. If you're planning to wipe yourself out with them, be aware you're probably going to forget the few hours leading up to taking them when you wake up the next day.

15-20mg is pretty standard for a "good time", anything over 20mg can be a little heavy for a first time.

if you are planning to drink alcholol then a) don't have more then say 3 standard drinks (first hour) and try to stay at the low end of 10-20mg. It is dangerous at the high-end and can be quite freaky.

Probably better instead of drinking to have perhaps a smoke or two. Nice little synergy.......

yeah as severed psyche says high doses (espeically with drink) can cause memory loss.

You won't feel much from 10mg, unless you mix with a few alcoholic beverages and partake in some marijuana :p

Even then, it will most likely just enhance your bodystone :)

Still, its fun

(large dose of diazepam = couch puddle)

^^ Off topic somewhat, but two weeks ago I had experience with the memory loss properties of another benzo called Midazolam or Hypnovel. I received this along with Fentanyl prior to having a gastroesophageal endoscopy performed. These drugs are designed to lightly sedate so that the patient is easy to rouse.

To be truthful, I was hoping I'd get the fentanyl first, but the anesthetist's "home brew" - as he put it - was given in the reverse order. Onset of the Hypnovel felt like the warmest cuddly feeling, and within seconds my body felt light as a feather. After being rolled on my side the last thing I remember was the anesthetist saying "Here comes the rest of my home brew" ..... :|

I was woken up after the procedure with a cup of black coffee with 1 sugar. Chronologically speaking, it's the only thing I remembered of the 1/2 hour or so after I came to. I have full recollection of the order of conversations had before anesthesia, but memory of the time after is fragmented interlaced - and very weird. I have strong snapshot memories where everything was clouded like an old movie scene, but I have no idea which bits happened in what order.

What I'd like to find out is how they knew I drink black coffee with 1
5.gif
What else may I have confessed under this 'truth serum'... ;)

phase_dancer

i've had that same procedure twice.
first time- parents were present afterwards
i can only remember the period after receiving lunch, however my parents informed me that i had been awake and talkative for about half an hour.
to this day i still have no idea what we talked about, which still worries me a little

second time had an two uni exams two days afterwards. doctors reassured me that my short term memory wouldn't be impaired ( but from my psych readings i thought that a high dose of a benzo would definately impair my memory).

as expected i had huge trouble in the exams as all the notes i had crammed into my noggin were disjointed and in most cases nonexistant.

silly doctors:-(

thanks for all the advice everyone, I think I might save them for a MDMA comedown, sounds like they should come in handy, thanks again :)

*just noticed its already been stated, but with regard armadilliO's post^^ potentiating benzo's with alcohol often leads to memory blanks and doing all kinds of krazy shit. But yea it can be a fun mix jus keep the alcohol to a 1-2 drink minimum. As many others have mentioned benzo's are handy for comedowns, but they can also be a lot of fun when used for recreational purposes, enjoy=D

breaka da fuzz, that's really unfortunate. I guess I wouldn't have worried too much about it either as the drugs are well eliminated within a day.

BTW I also had an exam 10 days after, but memory didn't seem to be any more of a problem than it usually is.

phase_dancer-
well its quite possible that the operation didn't interfere with the exams, but i don't like to blame myself for not studying all semester so its a convient (but probably incorrect ) excuse.

however the doctor said the benzo in my cocktail was a large dose of valium.
i don't know for sure which benzo was used but i had memory blanks at work the next day (i.e. couldn't remember the till setup)

how many mgs of valium would you reccomend for a come-down? I only got prescribed 2mg tabs, took 4 today and still had a hell of a come down as a result of the meth and E's i consumed last night.

i usually take 10mg, i don't have a tolerance at all as i have only done it probably 4 times.

I don't reckon Valium would necessarily fix up a hangover from E or meth. It may help with sleep if you're still wired at bedtime, but it's no magic panacea.

You have very likely caused depletion of several important neurotransmitters, antioxidants, enzymes, vitamins, minerals etc etc. and no amount of valium is going to right that.

Resting, eating well, supplementing with amino acids and antioxidants, getting some natural light, reflecting positively upon the experience, and seeing the funny side of everything. That's the best medicine IMO.