• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

undercover police with sniffer dogs in melbourne CBD

These dogs are not going to react to deterants. All you can really do is not carry around your things in your pockets just conceal them alittle better use ur imagination. I don't know about Melbourne but Brisbane sniffer dogs are only passive dectection dogs and can only sit next to you. Impretty sure there not able/permitted to get dog to pin point where the drugs are located.

its simple do not stand out the front of clubs do not walk in a mindless manner to a car park or down a aly or anywhere and sitting in cars with blind spots is pointing a gun to ur head [edit: removed dealing discussion]

thank you for flying mrking airlines

Last edited by a moderator:
The biggest poo bum about all this is that the smelliest drug of all is pot. I used to have a clipping from the SMH from a couple a years ago (can't find it ATM...) - the strike rate for dogs is pretty much the same as for police stop & search on suspicion (about 1 in 4). The dogs found pot in the VAST majority of cases (>90% I think), and typically less than a gram. What a waste of time!!!

That said - if you are carrying pills etc in tha city, you could try also carrying a few crumbs of pot. If the dogs sit down next to you, you can hand over the specks of pot & hopefully that will be the end of it....

Most dogs aren't trained to smell MDMA ayjay - there are some, but not many. The majority of people caught with drugs at raves and dance parties (ie. it's unlikely that there will be much weed around) are caught with meth, meth is very smelly (even a human can usually smell it through the bag), where as MDMA has a much weaker scent.

This being said, I was in Sydney over the weekend just gone, and had to use the trains on 2 separate occasions, once on Saturday arvo (quite scary because I had meth on me - and being Saturday afternoon, there is every possibility that they would have dogs at King's Cross or Town Hall), once on Sunday morning (quite scary cause I was coming down really hard off meth and very paranoid, and still had meth in my pocket). Under no circumstances am I going to carry drugs on me when using public transport in Sydney from now on!

mepat1111 said:
Most dogs aren't trained to smell MDMA ayjay - there are some, but not many. The majority of people caught with drugs at raves and dance parties (ie. it's unlikely that there will be much weed around) are caught with meth, meth is very smelly (even a human can usually smell it through the bag), where as MDMA has a much weaker scent.
Do you have a source for this? Both MDMA and methamphetamine are odorless if 100% pure - hence to the best of my knowledge, drug dogs are trained to detect the common impurities in each.

I would definitely contest that meth is "very smelly".

Source on the info about the dogs etc. is actually my older sister, she is a sargeant in the Victorian police force, involved with narcs (she has no idea I use drugs, she just talks a lot about her work when she is visiting us, very useful information actually). With regards to meth having a strong odour, next time you've got a bag of base and a bag of pills, smell each of them (while still sealed), it's quite easy to smell the meth through the bag, where as I only find I can smell pills through the bag if they contain a lot of meth. This could be different with crystal meth, I don't have it often and have never tried smelling it.

^ had you have done your research, or if your sister actually had done hers, you would already know that the smell of a pill (or any substance for that matter) has absolutely nothing to do with its contents.

It may smell like like one of the precursors used to make the final sustance, but as AE said, meth and MDMA in their pure form are odourless.

Yeah, sorry mepat1111 but your sister's incorrect. It's the impurities you can smell through the bag, not the chemical. If the gear you're getting is so impure that you can smell it through the bag, you might want to give it an acetone wash before putting it into yourself :)

Note that most of the horribly inaccurate drug information I've heard in my life has come from the police - simple fact is they are taught a certain way and pick up a lot of street myths as "fact". Recommend always doing your own research :)

99 times out of 100 I do, however this is the first contradiction I've heard to what she said, and until now I had no reason to doubt it. However I would believe the members of this forum over her! Now that you mention it, she did once tell me how Red Mitsubishis would automatically kill you if you dropped even a half!

Also - I know the stuff I get is very impure, but I don't buy it for shooting or anything so I'm not worried really. It's cheap, and does the job just fine, so I'm happy. Just how pure can you get it from an acetone wash (or multiple ones)? Could you get it pure enough to get it past a dogs nose? If you kept washing it (base that is), what would be the finished product? Crystals? A Liquid?

mepat1111 said:
99 times out of 100 I do, however this is the first contradiction I've heard to what she said, and until now I had no reason to doubt it. However I would believe the members of this forum over her! Now that you mention it, she did once tell me how Red Mitsubishis would automatically kill you if you dropped even a half!

Did she say whether it was from the heroin or the rat poison in those pills? ;)

Just for further reference, on washing meth:

quick washing meth Q
Washing amphetamine

And on sniffer dogs and what they detect

Sniffer Dogs - What they actually find! (Sydney Morning Herald)
Concealing Pills From Dogs
Sniffer Dogs at upcoming rave

hoptis said:
Did she say whether it was from the heroin or the rat poison in those pills? ;)

Just for further reference, on washing meth:

quick washing meth Q
Washing amphetamine

And on sniffer dogs and what they detect

Sniffer Dogs - What they actually find! (Sydney Morning Herald)
Concealing Pills From Dogs
Sniffer Dogs at upcoming rave
Nah it was probably all the ground up glass in them causing cuts in people's stomache :p Nah she didn't even bother with any of the classic myths, it was just the old 'they're bad pills, they'll kill you' type of thing. (I didn't believe a word she said, I'm not that gullible =D )

Thanks for the info.

When sniffer dogs were originally proposed for Victoria the police claimed they would target nightclub districts. Initially though, at least for a couple of years, they were predominantly used at large parties and sometimes in smaller operations in the CBD.

It's become apparent in the last year or so that they're being used more now in the way Vic Pol had originally envisioned and that is outside clubs and in clubbing districts like Kings Street and Chapel Street on weekends.

This is from my local newspaper. Let this be a warning to people who frequent the area on weekends.

Denny sniffs out 65 clubbers

Thirteen Chapel St clubbers were busted for drugs after the latest police sniffer dog operation.

Police and the canine cop, Denny, searched 65 people leaving venues in the Chapel St district about 6am on Sunday, June 17.

Amphetamines, ecstasy and marijuana were found, with 11 people charged with possession and two for trafficking.

"It wasn't a significant bust, but it's a bit of a wake-up call to people who go to these venues," Det Sen-Sgt John Pattison said.

Police declined to name the clubs where they caught the offenders.

In August last year, police made eight arrests using the sniffer dog and will run a similar operation in the coming months.

But Chapel St trader Penny Wilson said drugs were not Chapel St's biggest problem.

"They use party drugs like ecstasy, they don't leave any syringes in the streets," Ms Wilson said.

"They should look after the traffic more ... they'd probably get more people if they went after drink drivers."

- Page 12, PORT PHILLIP/CAULFIELD LEADER. June 26, 2007.

Its simple, see a dog? fuck off. I mean how can you complain about being busted by a dog?

Unfortunatley if you are under 25 carrying a backpack you are a target.

Use your brains, donlt look like the target audience.

A drug dog will be distracted by throwing a cheesburger at it, I tried it. They are taught to sit to be fed as well as sit when they detect drugs.

If youre carrying anything worth worrying about, shove it up your arse. The coppers arnt gunna take you back for a cavity search even if fido shows a positive. I borrowed these jeans, they are not mine It must be residual is the correct answer.

Patting the prick of a thing also confuses it, their training out in the world isnt as good as the coppers make out. When it bites you "release" is still the key word.