• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Soccer UEFA 2020

Yeah, it is happening alright. I am not interested in football (soccer). I am an ice hockey dude. However, i got bored yesterday and Finland made it's first appearance in a major tournament, Ever. Playing against Denmark in Copenhagen. And it was... well, i am not sure if profanity is allowed here but it was awful, horrifying and a total mess.

I used to watch some English premier league back in the nineties, on Saturdays with my grandfather. I know the rules, and i know that strange stuff can happen but... no... Okay, so i got a bit high, and started watching the game. The first half was almost over... A Danish player slowly walks towards the sideline to make a throw-in. And collapses right there. Dropped there, like a rock. I was like hmmm... maybe there is serious heat in Copenhagen and the fellow is back on his feet in no time... Nope. They brought curtains and stuff to block the view... Finnish fans offered their flags and some of them were also used to block the view as the medical personnel tried to revive him... Audience of like 25 k or so, totally silent. I was so so scared that i thought i am going to vomit. They took the player to the hospital, stable condition, and able to talk a bit. Game was stopped for an hour or so. It was the collapsed player's wish that the game will continue as soon as possible, not today (Sunday).

So, due to my home country: GO FINLAND!
And due to this absolute horror scene: GO DENMARK!

Finland won that match. Yea that was scary.

I only enjoy cup soccer. Any other soccer league is kind of boring with MLS being a crap league. Go Poland.

Poland never gonna makes it; Mbappé's gonna fuck them up deeply if france finds itself against poland

Lewandowski might still be playing. Don't know who they're playing against

Well, there's also Benzema in france selection, which never occured in years, if it might reassure you ;)

Lebowski? I don't know him duuuude, i don't follow sport that much :p

Yeah france and belgium are top ranked. Poland fares well usually. Yeah, Robert Lewandowski is a Poland forward.

I don't know him, if you wanna know all about football you gotta follow the league, and it's not free in france you gotta pay a subscription, so i don't know who the good players are, but there's some serious players in eastern europe no doubt

Edit: Ooooow yes Lewandowski! I just googled him, this one is fierce i think, i might have seen his face from time to time, and not for nothing...

Yes and they have Rapinoe who is just so good :love: She said, while during the worldcup, that if Trump invited them at the white house if they winned, she said "fuck noooo"!!!, after that Trump made some kinda of announcement to say they had to win first, wich they did! Loved it!! :D

Yeah, Im actually not a fan of rappinoe. It seems she has an agenda she's trying to push. Krieger, Press, I forget. They're good. Oh an Carli Lloyd.

I might be french but i don't especially like football, it's kinda the thing i stare at when the trees have no leaves on it to stare at, i couldn't give a mighty fuck! But it passes the time...

You got the Spanish team who only want to pass the ball not score. And the polish team with a selfish striker.

prediction time!

my two faves are france and belgium but, for the purpose of prediction, i'm going to go with france.

who you got? for the bragging rights of course :)

alasdair

As i stated earlier, i am not a football (soccer) expert at all. However, i like bragging rights a lot.

My prediction is that Belgium wins the whole thing.