• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

[TV Thread] What's worth watching ATM? v. now it's 2024

right so a) @Marmz not seen you for a while- really hope you're ok, come back!!

b) not new but i have watched nearly 2 series of the dog house in 2 days. its made me want a dog but the closest i had to a childhood dog was a lurcher at a house we used to sit while the owners were on holiday.... that was our holiday, and brindle was amazing. so i'd want a lurcher, but they don't go well with cats apparently. so now i'm sad.

I have a weird thing with American comedy programmes I love Joey Diaz and some comedians but other than Curb your enthusiasm American office friends and some others I just couldn't get in to it especially young sheldon lol I got bored of big bang theory as well I'm just a big miserable bastard 😁 I do love the wire, breaking bad things like that. But it's the fake laughter that I wish I could mute 🤣
Ah that's because Big Bang Theory is full of scientific inaccuracies and idiots pretending to be smart for a camera.
Worst one yet is this Sheldon character, 0 brains but thinks he is the Jesus of Science.
His only quality is that he can memorize a lot, but only as much as the average Wikipedia entry.
He claims to be an Eidetic, but forgets his flashdrive. That just doesn't fit.
How can he have time to label his socks, but not time to take with him his work?
He is thinking in a very unlogical order for an Autist.

I know much of the stuff is just to "get laughs", but I was actually quite happy to see a supposed funny show about science for once,
and then it's just the same lame jokes with the same lame laugh track, only now they say Spiderman a lot. Great, thanks.
Having said supposedly "smart" characters behave like horny schoolboys 59% of the time, while behaving like complete morons 30% of the time, doesn't leave much wiggle room for a smart joke or 2.

I hate The Big Bang Theory! It was on Star 64 and was the only channel that got reception in jail. It was pure torture and seemed like the only reason it was ever made was punish prisoners locked in their cells.
Oh, now it makes sense! That's why all the jokes are stolen from Wikipedia entries, and the blonde never wears underwear. To frustrate prisoners

That Fucking Squid Game - a 9 part series on Netflix that I finally binged over the last 24 hours . Watched ep 1-5 yesterday, with the remainder during the early hours of this morning. I fell asleep early after taking some Diazepam and while my dreams were dampened slightly by the pills unlike the Ultra High Def. vivid bastards you get when trying to give the sedatives a miss for a few nights, they were still intense enough, driven by the central concept of this show, which saw me get up at 2.00 am, giving up on sleep to finish the series off. The whole thing, every episode, was written and directed by Hwang Dong-hyuk and while I have never heard of him before, I am already on the bummer bandwagon when it comes to South Korean cinema - and now television - thanks to the likes of Oldboy, Parasite (among Dir. Bongs other works such as the English language Snowpiercer).

This is yet another Korean masterpiece that transcends World Cinema. Its not just Parasite - to - fuck Korean class war stylee its Korean, mixed with Kubrick, Nolan, a touch of Gilliam while taking classics like Battle Royal and The Hunger Games to the most inventive of extremes. Its as beautiful as Parasite as well in terms of the photography. Even those who dont like World cinema and that - you will still love it - all you need is to be able to read English.

Fixin to get back into Midnight Mass. Thought the first couple eps were fairly interesting.

i don't have anything new to recommend (though if you haven't seen the boys watch it right now and tell me frenchie isn't sexy as fuck)

but, when people recommend stuff can you say where you watch it? i have netflix and prime and pay for neither. stuff on there would be ideal.

I'm errrr anti-subscription and was previously anti-DVD so I watch anything on my phone, PC or TV and download from naughty places; though not really considering the last lawyer to put torrent users in court in the UK, ended up in prison iirc, for his very own illegal process.

I've unfortunately used up all of my free prime/netflix multiple email tricks and the content was mostly garbage anyway.

So yeah basically I use a VPN and torrent.

I genuinely like very few TV shows so my recommendations remain the same, the best I've seen and what I used.

The Wire (Remastered) [torrent]
The Shield (Remastered) [torrent, was also on ch4 catchup iirc]
Dark [torrent]
Breaking Bad [torrent]
Game of Thrones [torrent, also... dissapointing. Last EP of S6 is where it ends for me]
The Witcher [torrent]
Peep Show [torrent, though Netflix version is remastered. Should be on ch4 catchup?)
Limmys Show [No torrents, too niche, Iplayer apparently has it as it was made for BBC Scotland; I just binged any clips I could find on youtube)
Nathan Barley (I think this aired on Channel 4, and"it was on youtube... maybe ch4 catch up or something, unsure. Seriously underated comedy from the early 00's)

What can I say, I run a tight pirate ship. I know people have seen most, but many missed The Wire and The Shield, and The Shield in particular was quite unwatchable pre-remaster.

Any reccomendations from the past few years are much appreciated. I like a good quality series, I just find them a rarity. The last I watched was The Witcher.

Last edited:
Try, in no particular order

3%
Dark Matter
The Rain
Lost in Space (series)
Survivors (bbc old and the remake)
Snowpiercer (film and series)
The 100
The Expanse
The 4400

Totally Amazing film last night on Film 4.
Imagine A Kestral For A Knave brought upto date & based around South Irish Gypsy life, this is gritty to say the least but trust me it's amazing.

I watched it all last night till gone 2AM & then watched it back over again this morning it's that good.

One for @F.U.B.A.R. @StoneHappyMonday to watch 100%, trust me on this you old Cunts.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::love::love::love::love:

How @F.U.B.A.R. drives after a belly full of MDMA & his boofed 50 cans of Karpackie.

F.U.B.A.R. in Church after his driving & his got sober, his gotta ask to be forgiven for his Sins I guess

True Detective
Succession
Banshee
The Bureau-French- binging now
O mechanismo- Brasilian-Netflix
The Killing- American, not that original isn't good just- vibe from Seattle grey, dark and Between the characters
Line of duty- great frickin show- makes you wonder no spoiler
Dogs of Berlin-Netflix
Gomorrah and zero Zero Zero
Severance-apple TV
Vinil
Južni Vetar- movie and series
Područje bez Signala-Croatian, Black Sun(before world war 2)-Serbian-Cro-Macedo-Montenegro( mentioning cause some actors I know suprised me) IMDB-9, and
BESA-also crime but with vibe of Gomorrah and The Killing
Sons of Anarchy- you prob. all saw that but
Yellowstone
Fauda-Netflix
Person of Interest-Nolan
Westworld-also
Contratiempo-movie spanish
El secreto de sus ojos-just original film remake if you can't find Movie
Yeah all can be torrent but now I have all paid or not?
Sense 8- Netflix
Black Mirror-Netflix
L,sex-robots-Netflix antology

Well, I am glad this had a bump instead of me having to find it as the final pod / half of Season 4 of Ozark has landed - I have just finished ep. 8 (the first of the new episodes to be released) and its the fucking bomb.

While I have yet to see how well they stick the landing this could end up in my personal No.2 position of greatest serial television series ever after of course The Wire.

The final season of Better Call Saul is really cooking as well.