• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Trimebutine - the lost opioid?

delphinen

Bluelighter
I had for 2 years in my closet a box of pills called "Trimebutine", the name never ringed any bell. Today, just for "curiosity", I searched about it on Wikipedia:
Trimebutine is a drug with antimuscarinic and weak mu opioid agonist effects.

So I had a <weak> mu opioid agonist all this time, while often craving and getting Tramadol withdrawals. I did a search on BL, Erowid, and the "basic sites" and couldn't found too much information on this drug.
Came across a case of a woman who abused this drug, a study it says it is 1/13 as potent as morphine ( http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1963196 ) and not too much.
edit: found another article that says it has mu, kappa and delta agonistic properties.
I already did 200mg (the pills are kinda big and that is each pill dose). In the manual it says it is a muscular antispasmodic. Practically no side effects (as far as I know of course).

edit: 1 hour before, at 400mg. Definitely feeling the classic opioid tingling (very mild so far), and a little euphoria. Respiration has relaxed too. I feel like I'm taking a research chemical, so little information on the web.

The question is, does anyone know this drug? I have read here that it has been used for opiate withdrawals and that it crosses the Blood Brain Barrier.
Does anyone knows if it causes seizures? (I'm asking this just because I usually do Tramadol)
How much would be a nice dose to feel something without risking it?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
looks like souped up loperamide to me

300 mg is a normal therapeutic dose if it's 1/13 the potency of morphine 1,5 mg of morpine is about equal to 20 mg of trimebutine so 200 mg should be equivalent to 15 mg of morphine.I'd shoot for 600-800 mg next time but since I have no experience with anti-muscarincs don't take my word for it.

ps my dad stocks this can't believe I nick his codeine, trammys even darvon and never saw this.

Cases of serious accidental or intentional trimebutine overdose have been reported in infants and young adults, leading to neurological disorders (loss of consciousness, coma, drowsiness and convulsions) and cardiac disorders (bradycardia, ventricular tachycardia, arterial hypertension). Time to symptom onset was less than 3 hours after trimebutine intake. In practice, trimebutine is by no means a harmless drug, contrary to the impression given by the limited safety data available

I'd watch out with this stuff possibly lowers the seizure treshold more than tramadol (which is already unsafe imo) I wouldn't touch it without a benzo on hand.

looks like souped up loperamide to me

300 mg is a normal therapeutic dose if it's 1/13 the potency of morphine 1,5 mg of morpine is about equal to 20 mg of trimebutine so 200 mg should be equivalent to 15 mg of morphine.I'd shoot for 600-800 mg next time but since I have no experience with anti-muscarincs don't take my word for it.

ps my dad stocks this can't believe I nick his codeine, trammys even darvon and never saw this.

Thanks for the reply. In the manual that comes within the box says 3 of these ones can safely be taken per day (600mg). I will take another one to reach this amount of milligrams, and call it a day, at least for now.

I did take the only benzo I had at hand, 2mg Alplax (good Alprazolam) bar. Little antiseizure properties I know, but it's better than nothing. Based on the structure and properties, this looks like it would give you heart attack before way before a seizure.. why you think it can be worse than Tramadol? it seems to have no Serotonin/Dopamine effects at all.

edit: seems even 1gram has been used on study trials, http://www.clinicaltherapeutics.com/article/S0149-2918(14)00536-0/abstract ; "The most frequently reported drug-related AEs were of nervous system and gastrointestinal origin."

Last edited:
excuse me I was confused on what an ant-muscarinic whas I always thougt of atropine as an anti-cholinergic for some reason.

So heart attack ey , well break out the propanolol and clonidine.

I'll probably take a litttle to potentiate my codeine next time Im in france.

Effect is mild to moderate now. Pupils dilated. It feels nice. No headache, no hunger, no pain, music feels nice, just tingling pleasure (specially in the legs) that increases. Really want to go for the 800mg.

edit: Made it to 1g and achieved sleep easily. Slept for 4~ hours. Felt the opioid effect moderately to strong at some point on bed. No headaches, no pain, no side effects for now. Did another search on my cabinet about this drug and found a "extended release" 300mg one; After doing some Tagamet and some waiting, decided to take the XR one with another "normal" 200mg (reaching 1500mg in total in a lapse of around 7~ hours). Did 2mg Chlorpheniramine. All pills after I woke up were taken with a Cappuccino.

Now I'm feeling some itching, mild euphoria, and some hot & cold flashes which may be me taking hot beverage with the fan on.

Last edited:
Yeah, confirmed that it's active and 1/13 morphine might come close but it's certainly better than tramadol. Maybe due to the anticholinergic effects, I never took a real anticholinergic before but know they are said to help with withdrawal symptoms.

Anything known about whether one could use it for tapering or better kratom?

False alarm probably, would say trimebutine is a loperamide like compound which doesn't readily cross the BBB. Even with 600mg/d (max recommended dosage for irritable bowel syndrome, 3 pills) there is nothing remotely opioid-ish. Yet the compound IS very effective in eliminating opioid withdrawal related gastric discomfort, even sweating. It's a good add-on to pregabalin for this. Let's see if it causes a rebound/withdrawal itself and how bad it is.

Strangely seems to somewhat block the effects of low-dose kratom. Weird.

@The Wizard of the Creek: Agreed, but unfortunately plant products with origin Asia from times to times contain heavy metals and other nice stuff.. when you can't test your things one usually is better off pharm pills :/ I need to build a spectrometer. Apparently it's possible in DIY without spending a fortune but requires some dedication ...

Hi people, I've found a closed box of it in the garbage. Gonna try it right now. Done 175mg of tramadol like 6 hours ago. Will report after. Is this a bad idea? going for 400mg
+t 0:00 gel caps look old AF. Swallowed it two, my wife two too. Like a rotten bean from hell, it dripped a white cream that tasted like the worst thing ever.
Trying not to think about it too much and feeling a glue in my throat. Excited to feel something .
+t 0:36 definitively feeling something, mind is kind of funny walking is funny
+t: 1hr - feeling lots of things, a itchy in my stomach, nauseus and hard to focus, breath on slow motion but possible. Not like opiods, very different

Last edited:
Was diagnosed with gastritis and given these

I took 300 mg long release 4 hours ago, and then I took 100 mg instant release 2 hours ago, definitely feeling something similar to a very weak tramadol high. I would definitely not play with this substance though as there's crazy side effects like bradycardia etc

This is off topic but I love how you called this the "long lost opioid" in a post talking about finding a bottle of it in a box apparently after 2 years of it sitting there. I guess it is the "lost opioid" in both a literal and figurative sense. Or maybe it's an amazing grace opioid since it's now been found.