• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive Today I'm Thankful For vs. Still Standing and Keeping it Simple

I got out of work early wasn't even scheduled today getting a cold oh well feel alright despite that with strong ganja also saw I have an entire week off does my body need that what a miracle

Some gems from George Carlin:

Most people work just hard enough to not get fired and get paid just enough money not to quit.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

Trying to be happy by accumulating possessions is like trying to satisfy hunger by taping sandwiches all over your body.

Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.

Just weed & beer but one of those perfect mixes of exhaustion from work, no food for over 10 hours, nice bud and 8.1% abv brew.
Holy shit J!!!! Where have you been!!?? I've missed you!! How are things in your little corner of the world? Big hugs and pm me.

Your friend always,
Ash.

I don't do meth. No never used that term. Hah Annie is doing dishes in the kitchen now
I legit have no idea what you're talking about lol
images

Grateful to the ends of heaven and the Seven Sisters galactic space along with nature lovers and defenders here on Earth that I don't gotta work tomorrow all tension now being released have a week off in fact gonna stay home or be at outpatient and AA, SOS, and Recovery Dharma if I remain in control these subpersonalities are like fiendish conniving gremlins feed them the wrong drug at the wrong time they get stronger and nastier anyways I will try to rest in gratitude maybe help me get over this cold quicker they would need to arrest me to administer that vax ain't gotta say no more on my stance on that

Holy shit J!!!! Where have you been!!?? I've missed you!! How are things in your little corner of the world? Big hugs and pm me.

Your friend always,
Ash.
Hey Ash!
I was gone for a while but I've been back for a few months.
I'm terribly tech-disadvantaged-- I don't know how to pm you, so pm me please.
Hope you are well & happy!

Peace&Love,
jasper

Hey Ash!
I was gone for a while but I've been back for a few months.
I'm terribly tech-disadvantaged-- I don't know how to pm you, so pm me please.
Hope you are well & happy!

Peace&Love,
jasper
Hahaha, I just love you J. You're the best, pm'ing you now.

My old refrigerator died a couple days ago. Thanksgiving week-- worst timing ever, right?
But I choose to look at the things to be grateful for:
1. A new refrigerator (that was on sale!).
2. My buddy (and his pickup truck) who helped me move in my new refrigerator.
3. Beautiful weather while unloading the new refrigerator.

I love Thanksgiving. Partly because I enjoy preparing, eating, and sharing great food. But also because I like the idea of focusing on things to be grateful for. I try to be thankful on a daily basis, but around this time of year I especially feel gratitude and appreciation for all the things I'm so fortunate to have.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

PS-- For those of you who don't have much to be thankful for right now, I am truly sorry for your pain. I've been there, believe me. I've been suicidal many times in the past. For some reason I'm still here.

If you are still breathing, there's hope.

Last edited:
I woke up ready to get to an AA meeting before breakfast RISE & SHINE bad mood isn't stopping this yearning for a new life today.

Also off nicotine and THC now so have the greatest fighting chance to start living differently this week I am thankful my body and brain have a fair chance to return to equilibrium today.

By fair chance I mean nicotine and/or THC make me wanna drink with regular usage eventually comes outta the blue even if I set the intention not to...have no power to resist that type of urging blindsides me as I am already getting high. Nicotine and weed are drugs that get me high so they feed the poly problem. My brain is funny I know many drunks smoke/vape without issue including the poly addict type call me the cursed one but my energy level (thank you Source and Rhodiola, being sick with a cold He Shou Wu needs to sit out for now) is skyrocketing off it all today.

(it is somewhat therapeutic to get this out and this is something I wouldn't say in a meeting, I suppose the value of expressing my ideas in text here is I can be more forthright than I can in person give a man a mask he will tell you the whole truth?)

Last edited:
I am thankful I get to wake up and look at Jasper discovered in a city snowbank as a kitten sprawled out on the bed might nickname him Sprawl or the Phantom Brawler given how he likes to play or sneak attack us.

My recent unseen undiscussed deeds (any Rite Aid employees on here find empty Benzedrex containers on the shelf lately...?) could very well have me doing up to a year in county.

I am thankful America gives us this much freedom yes many abuse it and I have gravely but we can use it for good if we return to sanity and benefit the world perhaps or just our small corners of it.