• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

To all of the older members here at Bluelight:

I also grew up in the 90's and remember how if somebody had a glass blown pipe, it was like SUPER EXOTIC! haha! I had a pretty radical acrylic bong and an awful steel pipe that made everything taste like shit.

I remember when people still used the term "kind bud". Now all weed is pretty much kind bud! I never thought I would see the day when we had apps like Leafly and legal pot...I'm so glad it is finally recognized as not some crazy gateway drug. In fact, pot has helped me a lot with opiate and cocaine cravings.

Apparently the term is actually kine bud. I always said kind as well and since I am no longer a regular weed smoker, I find it fascinating all the varieties of marijuana now available, with so specific names. Used to be a qp of kb was the way to go. :)

I also grew up in the 90's and remember how if somebody had a glass blown pipe, it was like SUPER EXOTIC! haha! I had a pretty radical acrylic bong and an awful steel pipe that made everything taste like shit.

I remember when people still used the term "kind bud". Now all weed is pretty much kind bud! I never thought I would see the day when we had apps like Leafly and legal pot...I'm so glad it is finally recognized as not some crazy gateway drug. In fact, pot has helped me a lot with opiate and cocaine cravings.

I remember that too, how it used to be mainly all what most people would call schwag/mid-grade herb and 'Kind bud' was really rare. But by the time I was an adult 'kind bud' or 'dank' was everywhere and it's all pretty much anyone smoked or wanted to smoke. I remember in college a friend of mine bragging about how he and his friends smoked a few ounces of better quality schwag or lower grade mids-he showed me the herb in a bag but we were in a dorm so did not smoke then as this was very risky- in a weekend or over a night and wondering why they still smoked that low quality herb.

Hand blown glass pipes were exotic. I saw some glass pipes while in Spain in the late 90s but the were not hand blown and were made out of thin glass.

Last edited:
Placidyl
Black Beauties
White Cross
Quaaludes
Reds(Seconal)
Nembutal
Tuinal
Talwin
Ts&Blues (Talwin and Tuinal. Great buzz if you didn't stop breathing)
Greenies (dextroamphetamine sulfate)
Meprobamate
Phenobarbital

Raiding the parents' medicine cabinet was a LOT more interesting in those days. Weed? We had Columbian. Mexican. Thai, Thai Stick (opiated buds) Kona Gold, Purple Haze, some others. Blonde Hash.Lebanese Blonde. Red Hash. Black Hash or Tar Hash (Not to be confused with Tar Heroin) Hash Oil just making a showing in my area.

Sensemilla, a seedless mutation of (I think) Columbian marijuana becoming popular during the late 70s as well. Hydro just taking off in my area.

Coke, Meth was around, called Ice or Crank, heavy stigma attached to users. H was around snorted or smoked. Stigma attached to IV users. Called Smack or Horse in my area. Freebasing coke was just taking off, but it was called freebase. "Crack" as a name wasn't in use yet, and it hadn't become associated with the "ghetto".

Ketamine was around, mostly stolen from veterinarians or shipments intercepted. Injected IM, or snorted. Just taking off as a recreational drug amongst a select few who had contacts in the vet and medical fields and starting to spread outside of that area. I tried it once in the late 70s, a small dose, and found it to be a very pleasant high. Was prepped for surgery in Europe with it in the 80's and found it a wild 10 minutes until the rest of the prep meds kicked in.

Oh,almost forgot, re: Parents' medicine cabinets, benzos galore. Docs passed them out like candy in the 70s. Valium if you were a stressed housewife, and uppers if you were a fat housewife or a tired housewife. Alcohol use in the home was also much more prevalent than it is today.

Can anyone give us an insight into the effects of Quaaludes and their effects if you've ever taken them? I remember watching Wolf of Wall Street and found the descriptions of their effects pretty fascinating. Especially the Lemmon 714's. Anything close to a heavy dose of Ativan/Xanax/Klonopin?

I remember in the nineties never having to worry if your acid was acid. We also used to get some pretty good opiates that came in from canada during the time that oxy was making a sweep through the south. Basically, mostly morphine salts that came from canada.

Also, the weed in the nineties was either swag, midgrade, or nuggets. The nuggets came down from canada...I guess they had a lot of indoor grows. It was real hit or miss though. Some would have been harvested to early and tastes like hay, while others would be crystally and knock you on your ass. I also used to get some great outdoor called catpiss when I was in syracuse.

I remember Coke from the 80's. In one of my travels. I mean the real thing.
Can't ever say if it was 80% or 90% as this would be a wild guess. For me it tasted as if it was around that.

Taking it from the original packages as I recall. Still very solid.
That was as closed as I've got to the real thing.
One line was enough to keep you high for more than an hour. Once or twice in a lifetime.

I remember Coke from the 80's. In one of my travels. I mean the real thing.
Can't ever say if it was 80% or 90% as this would be a wild guess. For me it tasted as if it was around that.

Taking it from the original packages as I recall. Still very solid.
That was as closed as I've got to the real thing.
One line was enough to keep you high for more than an hour. Once or twice in a lifetime.
My friend's dad who is sadly no longer alive told me about using medical grade cocaine in the early, and mid through late 1970s. He said it was very good and how the high lasted for 30 minutes or more with no harsh crash. He and his friends got it because they knew a guy who worked in a pharmacy and he would steal and then sell small amounts of medical grade coke from the container it was in. He had tried street grade coke in the mid or late 1980s and he said the quality was so bad he stopped using coke, and he couldn't go out with friends and get drunk and use coke or other drugs as he had a family.

My friend told me how his dad had told him how he used to get hash oil and dip a cigarette into the vial it was in, smoke it with friends-he never smoked tobacco except when smoking hash oil like this- and it would get multiple people super stoned, and that when he was in west Germany in the 1970s he and the other soldiers would eat hash, and one guy stoned on hash driving a tank drive it through a fence on the base.

Rest in peace.

Has anyone here ever taken amphetamines like Black beauties, or L.A. 20s, Obertol, etc.?

My granny still talks about black beauties. lol Apparently she got a lot of cleaning done. I told her it sounds like the Adderall I used to take.

I really hate that I missed out on ludes...

My granny still talks about black beauties. lol Apparently she got a lot of cleaning done. I told her it sounds like the Adderall I used to take.

I really hate that I missed out on ludes...
Yeah I wanted to take ludes as a teen but Pill Cosby bought them all. :-\

Black beauties were basically like Adderall from what an older friend told me. He once took some his friend bought from a dealer and they were not pharmaceutical amphetamines but were meth in black capsules. He overdosed but got help, and would just stick to coke or occasionally MDA, and meth once.

Yeah I wanted to take ludes as a teen but Pill Cosby bought them all. :-\

Black beauties were basically like Adderall from what an older friend told me. He once took some his friend bought from a dealer and they were not pharmaceutical amphetamines but were meth in black capsules. He overdosed but got help, and would just stick to coke or occasionally MDA, and meth once.

Fuck Bill Cosby. haha

I'm glad your friend is ok! Meth in black capsules? That's crazy. I've never done street meth, but in the past I was prescribed Desoxyn. It was way too good though. Sometimes it's best never to experience your favorite drug. Then you wouldn't know any better.

Fuck Bill Cosby. haha

I'm glad your friend is ok! Meth in black capsules? That's crazy. I've never done street meth, but in the past I was prescribed Desoxyn. It was way too good though. Sometimes it's best never to experience your favorite drug. Then you wouldn't know any better.
He told me he had taken black beauties before in the same amount and that it was not nearly as strong so I guess his friend who bought the pills from a dealer got meth or crank instead of Dexedrine or regular mixed amphetamines like Adderall is today.

This friend told me how when he snorted crank or crystal meth once or maybe twice in the mid or late 1980s or very early 1990s, that it was like snorting ammonia or pure chemicals and he stayed awake for 2-3 days. He preferred snorting coke with lots of alcohol and weed.

Last edited:
Can anyone give us an insight into the effects of Quaaludes and their effects if you've ever taken them? I remember watching Wolf of Wall Street and found the descriptions of their effects pretty fascinating. Especially the Lemmon 714's. Anything close to a heavy dose of Ativan/Xanax/Klonopin?
The friend I mentioned earlier in previous replies to this thread said he took ludes or quaaludes before in the mid 1970s. He told me how they made him feel very drunk, he had trouble moving or would stumble after taking just one lude, and when he smoked weed after taking them how everything slowed down.

One time he was on ludes and was hit in the face with a lacrosse ball at his prep school-yes this is a huge 1960s, 1970s, and early 1980s stereotype but he did attend a boarding school in the mid 1970s-and how he felt no pain despite the blood going everywhere, and how there was a distinct euphoria from the quaaludes that other downs/downers besides opiates did not give.

The friend I mentioned earlier in previous replies to this thread said he took ludes or quaaludes before in the mid 1970s. He told me how they made him feel very drunk, he had trouble moving or would stumble after taking just one lude, and when he smoked weed after taking them how everything slowed down.

One time he was on ludes and was hit in the face with a lacrosse ball at his prep school-yes this is a huge 1960s, 1970s, and early 1980s stereotype but he did attend a boarding school in the mid 1970s-and how he felt no pain despite the blood going everywhere, and how there was a distinct euphoria from the quaaludes that other downs/downers besides opiates did not give.

I'm sorry, but I was cracking up at the part where he got hit in the face with a ball...

The sheer euphoria and the complete relaxation sounds exactly like how Etizolam affected my brain. That's why I was addicted in the past. The feeling of euphoria plus having zero anxiety was the best. I wonder if ludes make you black out or do a bunch of embarrassing shit. That's the worst part about Etiz.

Hey I remember those days! As far as Quaaludes go, apparently I must have been one of those unfortunate people that never got the real deal. There were a lot of fakes going around. I did get the chance to enjoy barbiturates like tuinal and placidlyl. There were loads of barbs that you just don't see anymore. Also did drugs like pcp, acid and mescaline.

Back then, we didn't have all the research chemicals that's out there now. When you bought acid, you didn't have to worry if it was legit. But the weed back then was not always great. Colombian gold was the big so-called strain but compared with today's weed, probably like mids. You're taking me on a trip down memory lane so I'm going to move this to Drug Culture.
I wish I could go back in time, get a shitload of seeds of legitimate pure sativa landraces like the original Colombian Gold and Acapulco Gold, take them to the present and grow them with the knowledge we have now.

There are breeders who sell those strains today, but from what I understand they have all been hybridized at some point and aren't the same thing as the originals

Fuck Bill Cosby. haha

How did you manage to get prescribed Desoxyn, if you don't mind me asking?

How did you manage to get prescribed Desoxyn, if you don't mind me asking?

This was a decade ago. I asked about it for ADHD and my psych at the time let me try it. No one could get away with asking for that these days. It would be insane to try unless you want to be flagged for all kinds of addiction and drug seeking behavior. Those days are over.

This was a decade ago. I asked about it for ADHD and my psych at the time let me try it. No one could get away with asking for that these days. It would be insane to try unless you want to be flagged for all kinds of addiction and drug seeking behavior. Those days are over.
What about if I've known my psych for a long time and have a good relationship and they've had me on all sorts of other stimulants for a long long time and seem like I like some effects but not others.. Would it be safe to ask if desoxyn is a good idea instead of upping dose? Or is it something that a doctor recommends first?